Type keyword(s) to search

Orphan Black in the Media

Good news.  Obviously.  The more exposure the better.

I do hope however that AMC takes things a step further and runs an OB marathon (on AMC itself) immediately prior to the simulcast of the S3 premier.  While it will be helpful to make 301 more available, the episode sans the context of S1 and S2 will probably be more than a little bit confusing to a first time viewer.  It will be interesting as well to see how and how heavily the simulcast is promoted on Sundance, WE, IFC, BBCA, and, most importantly, AMC.  Anything that gets people to watch 301 and catch up with OB/TatTatTatTatTat...(be it before or after 301) is a good thing.

• Love 6

Orphan Black won a number of Canadian Screen Awards earlier this week, including Best Achievement in Casting, Best Direction in a Dramatic Series, Best Original Music Score for a Series, Best Photography in a Dramatic Series, Best Picture Editing in a Dramatic Series, Best Production Design, and Best Writing in a Dramatic Series. As well, Jordan Gavaris won for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama.

The big-ticket awards (Best Actress, Best Drama, etc), won't be announced until Sunday.

• Love 4

Yay, so happy OB won so many awards last week and especially for TM and JG in the acting categories, so well deserved!

And wow, thank you for posting that full trailer, it just makes me even more antsy than I am already waiting for OB's return. :-)

I'm sorry! I can't find a small talk thread (or a clothing thread ala the pretty little liars forum) so I'm going to post here even though it is only slightly media. (please put me in the appropriate place, mods) 

OB has a clothing line available to preorder at Hot Topic NOW and it is coming into USA and Canada stores on like April 15th or something right before season 3 starts! and everything looks cute, and I love Alison's handgun everything. 

edited for some strange school computer double post

Edited by allonsyalice
  • Love 1

While more tangential to media, I saw poster advertisements in a subway station. Pictures of the main four clones with the phrase "I am not your property" and the premiere date and time on BBC America. It's not much, but at least it's some form of advertising.

New video from the BBC youtube channel about Art, possibly spoiler-y, there's a few snippets of the new season in there - 

I always loved Art's relationship with Beth (and Sarah).

I think I actually squeaked when Art called Sarah Beth's sister.

• Love 1

The Many Faces of Tatiana Maslany

Nice feature story in the New York Times Magazine.

The clones eventually join forces, which means that Maslany winds up playing as many as four characters in one scene. These performances weren’t just a revelation to audiences; they astonished people close to Maslany. Frazee, recalling one of the first multiple-clone scenes he shot, said, “I remember thinking, [the clones] are so different, we probably could have gotten away with different actors who look similar.” He shook his head and added, “I couldn’t see, at all, the same person.” Stephen Lynch, the show’s makeup artist, told me that he is often asked what prosthetic piece he uses for a particular clone’s nose. (The answer: none.) Once, Maslany’s mother was on set watching her own daughter and wondered aloud when Tatiana would be back.
  • Love 7

You guys? I have this thing where I am fully able to avoid looking at stuff for shows I love during hiatus. I hate spoilers with a fire of 1,000 suns so any time I see a mention of one of my faves.......I just skip it. I have literally haven't even entered the OB boards since about a week or two after the finale. I also haven't read any articles, watched any videos or even gone to the official site.

I totally thought the premiere was tonight. For some reason I thought I was in store for a OB and Outlander double header premiere day.........but no. I have to wait until the 18th. Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! I am now overcome with the urge to click on everything. Dammit.

• Love 3

Almost time to crack open a couple of glo-sticks, get your copy of Water Prayer Rasta mix (Matt the Alien Remix, of course) cranking on the turntable, and get your groove on!

Regarding next weekend's Season Three Premiere, Space and BBCAmerica made the command decision to kick things up quite a few notches and turn the Premiere's Volume up to Eleven (as far as I'm concerned, the more volume given to Orphan Black, the better).  

For starters (and as originally posted upthread), next Saturday's premiere is going to be aired on all of AMC Network's channels.  In addition to OB's North American home channels of Space and BBCAmerica, it will also be shown simultaneously on AMC, SundanceTV, IFC (the Independent Film Channel), and We TV.

It get's even better, though -- #CloneClub will be getting next weekend's party started a bit sooner than 9:00 p.m. Saturday.  Beginning on Friday night at Midnight, IFC (Independent Film Channel) will air all 20 episodes of Orphan Black's first two seasons.  This will wrap up at 8:00 p.m. EDT, one hour before the Season Three Premiere.  

Edited by OriginalCyn
  • Love 2

Beginning on Friday night at Midnight, IFC (Independent Film Channel) will air all 20 episodes of Orphan Black's first two seasons.  This will wrap up at 8:00 p.m. EDT, one hour before the Season Three Premiere.

I was just coming to post that, at least on my cable's BBCAmerica On Demand, all 20 episodes are available for viewing. So, if you don't have 20 consecutive hours on Friday and Saturday, you can watch both seasons at a slightly more leisurely pace, say 3 episodes a day. 

• Love 2

Good news.  Obviously.  The more exposure the better.

I do hope however that AMC takes things a step further and runs an OB marathon (on AMC itself) immediately prior to the simulcast of the S3 premier.  While it will be helpful to make 301 more available, the episode sans the context of S1 and S2 will probably be more than a little bit confusing to a first time viewer.  It will be interesting as well to see how and how heavily the simulcast is promoted on Sundance, WE, IFC, BBCA, and, most importantly, AMC.  Anything that gets people to watch 301 and catch up with OB/TatTatTatTatTat...(be it before or after 301) is a good thing.

Does IFC count?

A negative review has been posted released for the new season...

Does IFC count?

Sure, IFC counts.  Just not as much as AMC would have.  AMC is probably the prestige non-premium cable network.  Breaking Bad. Mad Men, The Walking Dead...Better Call Saul.  Lots of awards, critical acclaim, and big ratings.  IFC, as a network, seems somewhat more similar to BBCA itself in terms of popularity and clout.  Regardless, at least there will be a marathon running somewhere for those who may not have (or realize they have) access to BBCA.  Every little bit helps.

While the simulcast hasn't been promoted quite as heavily as I might have liked, the promotion hasn't been nonexistant either.  Can't exactly say they've been hitting it hard, hard, hard...but, hey, I did even see an OB ad on ESPN.  So, there's that.  It's out there.  

Fingers crossed (like a double helix).  Just hoping the simulcast leads to the once and future ratings bump our amazing little show deserves.

Is anyone watching the after show on Space?  It has some interesting little tidbits about the episode that airs previous to the after show.  It's a shame this week's was only 15 minutes long.  Ari looks a lot different when he's smiling.