Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Well, it does save time. That thing is *amazing*. I love mine. 

How does it save time?  I put mine on, bring them to a boil (takes a couple of minutes), off heat and cover for 12 minutes then into an ice bath.  According to Janelle, it takes about 15 minutes.  I don't see any difference.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She really bothered with the instapot for boiled eggs?  Sheesh, that's about the simplest food you can make on the top of a stove.  

OK, I will admit that 9 times out of 10 when I go to make hard boiled eggs I forget to turn the pan down when it comes to a boil and over cook the eggs and cause the shells to crack.  For me, the best thing ever is the already shelled hard boiled eggs they sell in bags next to the regular eggs in the grocery store.  Gets me to deviled eggs so much faster!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

You'll have to pry my Instant Pot hard boiled eggs from my cold, dead hands.  🤣 They're foolproof (cuz I have my foolish moments...) and peel like a dream every time.

I have no idea why it takes Janelle 3 steps, though.  The "insta pot" must work differently.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I bought an Elite Cuisine online a couple of years ago, before we had a kitchen remodel.  It makes perfect and easy peel hard boiled eggs in minutes.  I'd get an Instant Pot if I thought I'd use it a lot, but most kitchen gadgets I don't use often, or don't have room for.  I cook pot roast on the stove in my Revere Ware pot that I've had since the 70's.  Whatever works!

• Love 6

My sister always buys those "As seen on TV" and they always offer an additional item for the price of shipping so I'm the recipient of lots of gadgets.

A few months back she bought the "Egg Pod" you sit your eggs in it add some water, stick in microwave, cook and then remove the pod and give it a quick SHAKE!... Then open and the egg shells are literally falling off from the shake.... So easy! 

Finally a gadget that actually works and saves time. 

I'm surprised that Janelle doesn't have one. 😀

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

My sister always buys those "As seen on TV" and they always offer an additional item for the price of shipping so I'm the recipient of lots of gadgets.

A few months back she bought the "Egg Pod" you sit your eggs in it add some water, stick in microwave, cook and then remove the pod and give it a quick SHAKE!... Then open and the egg shells are literally falling off from the shake.... So easy! 

Finally a gadget that actually works and saves time. 

I'm surprised that Janelle doesn't have one. 😀

She probably does and uses it to seperate the two chocolate cookies from the delicious white creamy filling

• LOL 14

i got one of the Dash Egg Cookers on Amazon, 6 or 12 hard boiled eggs.  You poke a hole on one end, add water, plug it in,  and takes under ten minutes. Perfect every time, no matter the egg size  after they cook, I put them in the fridge to cool.  they give you all you need to make them along with some inserts to make poached or other eggs.  Easy to peel too

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/14/2020 at 7:35 AM, Kohola3 said:

How does it save time?  I put mine on, bring them to a boil (takes a couple of minutes), off heat and cover for 12 minutes then into an ice bath.  According to Janelle, it takes about 15 minutes.  I don't see any difference.

I suppose overall with eggs, it’s not much. But I can get  broccoli in 5 minutes versus 20 and hummus from dry chickpeas in less than 2 hours. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 4/13/2020 at 4:21 PM, suomi said:

If she thinks Kody will be sittin' there dyin' aigs with her when she's an empty nester she's got another think comin'.

He might, in order to hide from his raging shrew of a fourth wife......

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I bet you anything that Kody is trying to talk Hunter into moving to Flagstaff, but now that he's an officer in the AF I'm guessing he needs to go where he's sent, right? He'll be traveling around the world once COVID is done! 

My dad was in the Army as a medic in the late 50s and spent his service in Italy. He was still reminiscing in his late 80s before he passed last year. 

ETA: "An unusual and bittersweet for many"? I thought Janelle went to college. (If memory serves she got her accounting degree at University of Phoenix online according to LinkedIn.)

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I bet you anything that Kody is trying to talk Hunter into moving to Flagstaff, but now that he's an officer in the AF I'm guessing he needs to go where he's sent, right? He'll be traveling around the world once COVID is done! 

Yep, (according to their website) "all graduates must serve at least five years on active duty and three as inactive reserve after graduation."  So they get a free college education and a guaranteed job for five years.

And Kody would love to find a way to claim that there is anti-polygamy discrimination in a commitment that every graduate has to follow.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I really feel bad for Janelle that she is not able to be there for Hunters graduation.  

Though she got better "seats" for this graduation than when the entire fambly shows up.  You cannot really see anything in an auditorium.  Good job, Hunter.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Sorry I am so rude about something so important to so many people.  I will let myself out of the building now......

I am right there with you, this graduation nonsense has gotten way out of hand.  The definition of graduation is that you have completed a course of training.  I don't consider anything less than high school a "course of training", certainly not kindergarten! 

Back in the middle ages when I was in school it was  high school and college, period.  I didn't attend my college graduation although we did have a separate ceremony called "pinning" for graduation from nursing school.  That I did attend because it was our little group and we'd been through the entire 4 years together.

7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Did Hunter graduate from the same training as Richard Gere in "An officer and a gentleman"?

Nope, entirely different.  The Air Force Academy is essentially a military college. Zack Mayo went to Officer Candidate School which requires a bachelor's degree before you can apply.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I hesitate to write this because it's a very unpopular opinion..... but I hate graduations.  They have preschool graduations, Kindergarten graduations, 5th grade graduations (for going into middle school), 8th grade graduations (for going into high school), DARE graduations (although I think they scrapped the DARE program) and college graduations.  We live in a big city.  You sit there for HOURS and listen to boring speeches just to hear your child's name read out loud which takes all of one second.  I had a lot of kids.  A herd of little ewes.  I spent DAYS of my life sitting in hot auditoriums to hear my child's name for one second.  I know that to SO MANY kids this is important for them, but none of my kids could have cared less.  In fact several of my kids did not go to their OWN college graduations and one of my daughters graduated Magna Cum Laude.  I hated going to my OWN graduations.

The highlight of my graduation attending experiences was when the principal of my youngest boys' high school said there would be NO beach balls allowed at the graduation.  This was a SERIOUS occasion and these high school graduates were adults now. The ceremony was held at C.U. Events Center - so gigantic auditorium.   Out came the beach balls and during those long and boring speeches you could watch the balls bounce across the auditorium, see the teachers of the school scrambling to confiscate the balls before they bounced off across the sea of people, and watch the principal's face turn purple.  It was all in fun.  Who is going to remember this happening?  (Besides me.)

Sorry I am so rude about something so important to so many people.  I will let myself out of the building now......

I’m the same. I didn’t care for any of my graduations. Dog and pony shows, meaningless cliche speeches by annoying people, blah blah blah. I hate crowds anyways. 

• Love 10

Many times I've thought my parents got off easy parenting back in the 80s.  Back then there weren't award ceremonies for every marking period and athletic season.  We didn't have 7 concerts in a school year.  I love my kids but honestly don't care to attend another award ceremony where they receive "outstanding" something or other along with eleventy million other students.  But in the immortal words of Kody Brown - I am "morally obligated" to attend.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
53 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I hesitate to write this because it's a very unpopular opinion..... but I hate graduations.  They have preschool graduations, Kindergarten graduations, 5th grade graduations (for going into middle school), 8th grade graduations (for going into high school), DARE graduations (although I think they scrapped the DARE program) and college graduations.  We live in a big city.  You sit there for HOURS and listen to boring speeches just to hear your child's name read out loud which takes all of one second.  I had a lot of kids.  A herd of little ewes.  I spent DAYS of my life sitting in hot auditoriums to hear my child's name for one second.  I know that to SO MANY kids this is important for them, but none of my kids could have cared less.  In fact several of my kids did not go to their OWN college graduations and one of my daughters graduated Magna Cum Laude.  I hated going to my OWN graduations.

The highlight of my graduation attending experiences was when the principal of my youngest boys' high school said there would be NO beach balls allowed at the graduation.  This was a SERIOUS occasion and these high school graduates were adults now. The ceremony was held at C.U. Events Center - so gigantic auditorium.   Out came the beach balls and during those long and boring speeches you could watch the balls bounce across the auditorium, see the teachers of the school scrambling to confiscate the balls before they bounced off across the sea of people, and watch the principal's face turn purple.  It was all in fun.  Who is going to remember this happening?  (Besides me.)

I can understand completely. Graduation is for you to sit and keep yourself occupied until your child's name is called and then you cheer and go home and eat cake. Take a few really bad far away photos and then.... well....cake. These days they have them in large venues so that you aren't limited as to choosing family members (I had only two tickets when I graduated high school). And then they have big screens so you can see close ups when the kids walk the stage.

My daughters uni graduation was a hell of a day.  My mother really showed her true colors and tried to turn it into a royal shit show.  We ended up having a great day tho.  We have been with a group of online game friends for more than 10 years.  My daughter grew up with this group and calls them her "fun uncles" and everyone was "there" with her.  Boring speeches but we were all chatting on our phones with people from all over the world while you tube had a live feed.  With the technology it was a really fun day.

...oh...and getting to listen to two women behind me get into an argument over who's child's day was MORE special !!! lolol😂  A couple of "Karens" as Reddit would say.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
On 3/21/2020 at 10:24 AM, ginger90 said:

BCA38ECE-7075-4C6B-B051-61FAB3FEB126.jpeg

8ABC1BB5-1ACE-4191-BFBE-FFF8F2048AC3.jpeg

Oh, Janelle. That’s the exact rationale we hear week after week on “My 600-lb Life” and we see the person fail. I get how you’re feeling but I hope you can find healthier types of comfort food. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Oh, Janelle. That’s the exact rationale we hear week after week on “My 600-lb Life” and we see the person fail. I get how you’re feeling but I hope you can find healthier types of comfort food. 

:::::munching on Dot's homestyle pretzels::::::

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

my nephew graduated from UCSD last year. Both ceremonies went on for HOURS and there was no way of determining when his turn was coming up since there were literally thousands of graduates. I spent a goodly amount of time in the merchandise booth buying T-shirts and caps.  One of my favorite shirts is my UCSD crop T. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, answerphone said:

I give Janelle about 85% of the credit for raising her fambly, and her sperm donor part time husband 15%.

That's being awfully generous.  He can't even put names to faces of the kids who aren't Robyn's.  I give him 2% credit.

• Love 9

I hate graduations. The last one I went to which was a college graduation, everyone was blowing whistles. I was nearly deaf and after complaining about the noise, "Karen" in front of me turns around and says "it's not a church service" and I told her it wasn't a hockey game either. She didn't appreciate it. I will never go to another, I even skipped mine. So Hunter got off easy avoiding having his odd family at the graduation. He's probably secretly relieved.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

There is a house for sale on the same street as Robyn's, about 4 lots down.  The Browns should buy it for Janelle.  Silly to be wasting money on renting (as Kody would say).  I wonder if their creative financing could get Janelle approved to buy it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/13/2020 at 11:53 PM, suomi said:

Ohhh, I need to try that. I love egg salad but hate peeling eggs. Sometimes they don't even look like eggs anymore.

Me too!! But I go the extra lazy route and just buy the packs of hardboiled eggs at the grocery store lol 

AND for another egg cooker... I know kohls usually has one during black friday - it's a tiny little container thing that you plug into the wall. set your eggs inside (i think they normally fit 6) and you have a measurer you fill depending on what type of eggs you want and how many. Pour the water in, turn it on. And then it beeps when it's done a few minutes later. BEST THING EVER. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Me too!! But I go the extra lazy route and just buy the packs of hardboiled eggs at the grocery store lol 

AND for another egg cooker... I know kohls usually has one during black friday - it's a tiny little container thing that you plug into the wall. set your eggs inside (i think they normally fit 6) and you have a measurer you fill depending on what type of eggs you want and how many. Pour the water in, turn it on. And then it beeps when it's done a few minutes later. BEST THING EVER. 

I bought a Cuisinart egg cooker back in January and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. 😍 I love Egg McMuffins and I now make them at home using my egg cooker.  Just to be fancy I even bought the little egg ring at Walmart so the egg would be round.  I might even take it on the road with me, if I ever get back OTR.  😢  LeSigh.  😔

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Grammer
  • Love 3

Hunter posted some nice pictures on Instagram, I also saw he made Superintendent's List which means he received honors in Academics, Military Studies and Physical Education. I am amazed at how well these children have done and how on earth can they be offspring of Kody.

Edited by spacefly
  • Love 14

Looks like Hunter is going into the Johns Hopkins MSN program according to Instagram, good for him.  Once Janelle’s kids are out of school, I wonder how much time she will spend out in prairie dog plagueville.  She ought to rent an RV and go on the road.  Of course she’d STRIVE up and down the highways and byways detailing her adventures in “Janelle’s Joints* and Junk Food”.

*the fast food kind

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
17 hours ago, spacefly said:

Hunter posted some nice pictures on Instagram, I also saw he made Superintendent's List which means he received honors in Academics, Military Studies and Physical Education. I am amazed at how well these children have done and how on earth can they be offspring of Kody.

He turned out to be a fine young man.  Congratulations.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

Looks like Hunter is going into the Johns Hopkins MSN program according to Instagram, good for him.  Once Janelle’s kids are out of school, I wonder how much time she will spend out in prairie dog plagueville.  She ought to rent an RV and go on the road.  Of course she’d STRIVE up and down the highways and byways detailing her adventures in “Janelle’s Joints* and Junk Food”.

*the fast food kind

That RV is looking better for her!  That's two of Janelle's kids on the east coast.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, toodles said:

He turned out to be a fine young man.  Congratulations.

Congratulations, Logan, for raising your brother to be a fine young man, since your mom was always at work and wanted nothing to do with childrearing and your dad was only interested in you and Hunter when he wanted to show his wives what a manly man he was by dragging out the wrestling mat and attempting to pin you while his wimmin-folk gazed on in adoration.

Also congrats to Christine, the mom who co-parented with Logan.  Hunter turned out great.

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Congratulations, Logan, for raising your brother to be a fine young man, since your mom was always at work and wanted nothing to do with childrearing and your dad was only interested in you and Hunter when he wanted to show his wives what a manly man he was by dragging out the wrestling mat and attempting to pin you while his wimmin-folk gazed on in adoration.

Also congrats to Christine, the mom who co-parented with Logan.  Hunter turned out great.

This sadly brings to mind the episode where Christine was negotiating with her "husband", that in exchange for her storing the wrestling mats in her garage, Kody would spend more time with her kids...or maybe it was for more grocery money.  Either proposition is horrific.

• Love 7

I recall back in their Lehi days (first 2 seasons) where Kody (and I think Janelle chimed in too) referred to Hunter as a "hormone monster".  

If I was Hunter, I'd be pissed. Truthfully, he doesn't seem bummed that his family wasn't at his grad. Sounds like he's made close friends at Academy. Good for him!

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I recall back in their Lehi days (first 2 seasons) where Kody (and I think Janelle chimed in too) referred to Hunter as a "hormone monster".  

The Brown adults have done that many times with their kids...I recall Christine saying that the child she was most afraid of was Mykelti - afraid as in not knowing what she'll do.  I think Gabe and Garrison have also been labled as troublemakers or instigators or some such crap. 

It's really bad parenting to slap a label on your kids.  It's extra bad when you do it in front of a film crew so your kids can see exactly what you thought of them.

• Love 12

So Hunter was a wrestler in high school, like Kody, but his high school success was noticed by one of the most prestigious programs in the country. Then, think of all the strong father-type mentors the military boys have. In their rare communication with Kody (I speculate), I am sure there is a lot of “Captain Smith says this, and Major Jones says that” and it drives Kody crazy. Most parents would be proud of their children for accomplishing so much, but I am sure Kody’s delicate ego is green with envy.

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

So Hunter was a wrestler in high school, like Kody, but his high school success was noticed by one of the most prestigious programs in the country. Then, think of all the strong father-type mentors the military boys have. In their rare communication with Kody (I speculate), I am sure there is a lot of “Captain Smith says this, and Major Jones says that” and it drives Kody crazy. Most parents would be proud of their children for accomplishing so much, but I am sure Kody’s delicate ego is green with envy.

And Robyn's. I get the impression she's never really liked Hunter.

• Love 16

Well, we can make book on one thingk:  Robyn will NEVER allow King Sol to serve in the military.

Remember when Robyn announced that Sol was coming?  She even said that some of the teenagers weren't excited (why would they be, with double-digit siblings already?) and she specifically mentioned that Hunter wasn't happy enough for her.

Yes, Janelle's boys, with Logan the exception, have all been disparaged on film.  That's one reason I laughed my ass off on one of the RV trips they took, when Kootie got shit-splattered, and the boys were suspected of leaving a valve open or something of that sort.

Asshat father.  Logan had to shoulder a lot of raising the younger ones.  Once Robyn entered the picture, HER kids were all-important, and she was all for that.   Selfish witch.

• Love 21