Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

At this very moment, I am watching an old Dr. Phil episode with Joe Darger and his three wives.

Polygamy seems to be working for them.  But they are all behaving like sensible adults in a non-traditional relationship.

And Joe is bald, so his primary focus isn't on what to do with his hair.

It's on OWN (Pacific Daylight Time) right now.

They were on the Browns in the fifth season, IIRC.  Meri said "I could be married to that" when she saw how well the Dargers organized things.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's on OWN (Pacific Daylight Time) right now.

They were on the Browns in the fifth season, IIRC.  Meri said "I could be married to that" when she saw how well the Dargers organized things.

I'll never forget the look on Joe's face with Kody told him, "It would be cruel to ask my wives to share a kitchen."

A penis isn't a problem, but a kitchen is????

  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ahhh but there will be detox advice from the great coach Tricia who according to her webpage has studied under the likes of Depak Chopra and Andrew Weil (I'm guessing it was either one of those hotel-room seminars or more likely, a video she was (ahem!) required to watch as part of her "training".

Can I ask a stupid question?  Who is Tricia?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Can I ask a stupid question?  Who is Tricia?

The chick that's splitting the $45 fee with Janelle for the 21 day Seinfeld non-challenge.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah, former BFF Kendra sued them for unpaid bills. I think the T-shirt line was named "Ashley Madison" or something like that.

Yeah, you really have to wonder about some of their associates.  Although Kendra did help Robyn out the fraud Sam.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, toodles said:

My guess is they were left over from the massive world launch of STRIVE with Janelle that I attended many moons ago. She was selling them there.  I saw one person buy one.

ETA:  The bag was $45 smackaroos.  $45 must be the magic number.

 

1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ahhh I fondly remember your insider rundown of that glorious day.

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2017/04/cynical-jinx-attends-az-womens-expo.html?m=1

Omg is it this one? Toodles! are you the amazing Cynical Jinx? Or is there another rundown of a Janelle Strive event I missed? 

 


 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

 

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2017/04/cynical-jinx-attends-az-womens-expo.html?m=1

Omg is it this one? Toodles! are you the amazing Cynical Jinx? Or is there another rundown of a Janelle Strive event I missed? 

 


 

 

 

It's on this thread somewhere. I'll find the link. 

ETA found it!!!
 

 


CJ saw Janelle at a phoenix expo - our @toodles was at the Strive launch 😊

 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's on this thread somewhere. I'll find the link. 

ETA found it!!!
 

 


CJ saw Janelle at a phoenix expo - our @toodles was at the Strive launch 😊

 

Thank you for linking that 😊 I find it hard to believe this Strive business is still surviving. Janelle is extremely lucky to have the support of sycophant fans to rely on bleeding dry, as in the real world of business, this concept of a random overweight, lazy and unqualified ‘health coach’ would never fly.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

this concept of a random overweight, lazy and unqualified ‘health coach’ would never fly.  

Janelle sounds just like Whitney Thore on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  instead of health coach this morbidly obeice  woman is now into weight lifting...believe it or not. LOL  Janelle is not morbidly obeice (yet), but not a health coach, that's laughable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Janelle sounds just like Whitney Thore on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  instead of health coach this morbidly obeice  woman is now into weight lifting...believe it or not. LOL  Janelle is not morbidly obeice (yet), but not a health coach, that's laughable.

I would venture to say that Janelle's BMI is at least as high as Whitney Thore's and that she falls into the morbidly obese category.  Whitney at least, makes some attempt at carrying through her fitness programs.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

 

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2017/04/cynical-jinx-attends-az-womens-expo.html?m=1

Omg is it this one? Toodles! are you the amazing Cynical Jinx? Or is there another rundown of a Janelle Strive event I missed? 

 


 

 

 

I'm not the amazing CJ.  And I think this a different event.  The event I attended was in Vegas where I live.  

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's on this thread somewhere. I'll find the link. 

ETA found it!!!
 

 


CJ saw Janelle at a phoenix expo - our @toodles was at the Strive launch 😊

 

I can't believe you found that!  I was thinking about this today.  I remember leaving, scratching my head and asking myself "what the hell was that?"

There was an old guy sitting in the back doing a crossword.  I should have sat with him.  It would have been more fun.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, toodles said:

I'm not the amazing CJ.  And I think this a different event.  The event I attended was in Vegas where I live.  

the main reason I wish the Browns hadn't left Vegas is because you were our eyes and ears! I so enjoyed your summary of her open house.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

the main reason I wish the Browns hadn't left Vegas is because you were our eyes and ears! I so enjoyed your summary of her open house.

Thank you so much.  I really appreciate it.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

You are quite welcome! 

It's interesting to see how Strive has morphed, isn't it. She was able to get four personal trainers involved and it did absolutely nothing for their careers. 

There are still videos on YouTube of her unintentionally hilarious FB live "training videos".  Like this one. Forward about 13 minutes in or so, Janelle can't do a lunge to save her life! And the trainer was getting a bit annoyed. 

Notice the dog on the left...

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

How professional. Poor quality audio, clearly from somebody's phone and echoing all over the place. I like the dog, he did a good lunge there.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

You are quite welcome! 

It's interesting to see how Strive has morphed, isn't it. She was able to get four personal trainers involved and it did absolutely nothing for their careers. 

There are still videos on YouTube of her unintentionally hilarious FB live "training videos".  Like this one. Forward about 13 minutes in or so, Janelle can't do a lunge to save her life! And the trainer was getting a bit annoyed. 

Notice the dog on the left...

I'm not a knowledgeable fitness person by any means, but...that wasn't a lunge that Janelle was "doing". I thought a lunge was to really stretch and she was doing the opposite by just bending her knees a little and then her upper body leaned backwards.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

How professional. Poor quality audio, clearly from somebody's phone and echoing all over the place. I like the dog, he did a good lunge there.

Lunge? I thought the dog did a perfect "downward dog" yoga move!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I'm not a knowledgeable fitness person by any means, but...that wasn't a lunge that Janelle was "doing". I thought a lunge was to really stretch and she was doing the opposite by just bending her knees a little and then her upper body leaned backwards.

I'm with you, Roslyn I don't engage in a fitness program myself and could only make an observation from what we viewed.  It seemed to me that Janelle was limited by her body structure.  She carries most of her weight below her waistline, so it may be physically impossible to put her pelvis in a lunge position.

Maybe her bonus kid Mariah, the yoga guru, could give her some alternative moves that would have the same benefits?

 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I'm not a knowledgeable fitness person by any means, but...that wasn't a lunge that Janelle was "doing". I thought a lunge was to really stretch and she was doing the opposite by just bending her knees a little and then her upper body leaned backwards.

That's what the trainer was trying to get her to do. But I think he just gave up. 
Not a great room to do this type of stuff in. They ought to have gone to the gym and used the studio between classes. 
What our trainers typically do with newbs (and Janelle isn't a newb - she worked with Trainer Sean for two years, for God's sake!) is have the client do the move in front of a mirror. And adjust them - I would have had her get into the initial lunge position and use my hands to adjust her, bringing her foot farther back and hip flexors forward.  Her knee was also going past her toe - a lunge is supposed to work the front leg mostly. The knee should track over the ankle and she should be going straight down. 
At my gym we do have a few people Janelle's size or larger and they're able to do squats and lunges, albeit shallow ones. It helps to have the front foot elevated about 4-6" using a step. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 1
  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

What our trainers typically do with newbs (and Janelle isn't a newb - she worked with Trainer Sean for two years, for God's sake!) is have the client do the move in front of a mirror.

In front of a mirror is absolutely the best way.  She might think she's doing it correctly but she can't see where her feet are nor her back leg so she has no idea how off kilter she is.  A mirror shows up all of the flaws. 

We do our yoga in front of a mirror so we can check our stance.  It's amazing how well you think you are doing until you see how wonky you really are!

  • Like 6
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Take a moment to breathE, Janelle.  

It's good that Savanah seems to participate in something other than watching her mother in the recliner, pretending to work out.  Please detail your typical workout for your doubters.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Take a moment to breathE, Janelle.  

It's good that Savanah seems to participate in something other than watching her mother in the recliner, pretending to work out.  Please detail your typical workout for your doubters.

This. Janelle should get back to us when she’s no longer obese and doesn’t sound like an idiot. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I thought a lunge was to really stretch and she was doing the opposite by just bending her knees a little and then her upper body leaned backwards.

It made me think of one of the funniest moments in Big Brother history. There was an older guy that they called Chicken George. He got on the treadmill and ran it on the lowest setting and just stood there while it moved him backwards, then he took two small steps forward and kept repeating that. Ride back, two steps forward. I wish I could find a clip of it. It was hilarious!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Another gem from Janelle - about needing to avoid "hitting the drive through" after dropping off Savanah. I had to look back and see if this was a Strive post or a STRIFE post from MahamidFraudedMe. "The struggle is real." It's like she is parodying herself!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 17

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Another gem from Janelle - about needing to avoid "hitting the drive through" after dropping off Savanah. I had to look back and see if this was a Strive post or a STRIFE post from MahamidFraudedMe. "The struggle is real." It's like she is parodying herself!

I noticed that, too - and did the EXACT SAME THING!!  "Was that Mahamid??"  LOL   We know Janelle, well!

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

This woman has a seriously unhealthy relationship with drive-thrus.  It's like she physically cannot pass McD's or Burger King without stopping for something.  The backseat of her car must look like a dumpster.  There's something deeply wrong there...she is so emotionless most of the time, but clearly something is being transferred to her deep need to eat junk food whenever she can't find matching socks, or the wind blows from the north, or she realizes that she's stuck in a spiritual marriage to a horrible narcissistic man-child and her kids are all leaving her one by one.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/12/2020 at 12:59 AM, the-grey-lady said:

Janelle is an experienced health and wellness coach?! Who does she think she's fooling?

Janelle reminds me of Whitney Thore on My Big Fat Fabulous Life.  She's now into weight lifting.  That's as fake as you fan get, besides Janelle faking she's in the gym doing yoga. Or whatever she's doing.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.9373aea350ce6c7bf1f7b59c9c4bb689.png

‘Making good food choices while running Savannah to practice without hitting the drive-thru, I wait and do it on the way home when I’ve dropped her off’
 

Dying laughing 😂🤣 can’t breathE!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like with the 600 pound lifers, they don't even get the fast food home before they scarf it down in the car.  I like to go get my fast food, bring it home and put it on a plate.  Get the bottle of ketchup out of the refrigerator and put it on the table.  Lay out napkins.  Usually my food is somewhat cold before I actually get to eating it.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

For me, fast food is usually a carne asada burrito from a taqueria. 
They're better if you wait a bit before eating to allow the flavors to blend, IMO. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"Those with Vitamin D deficiency can exercise fatigue".

Huh?  Translation anyone?

I think she meant "...can experience fatigue".  The mere thought of exercise fatigues Janelle, so she put the words together.  I hope she knows that Vitamin D is found in animals' milk, not overpriced Rockstar nut juices that she may find at WholePaycheck (unless fortified).  If you don't drink cows' milk, it is cheaper to just take a D3 supplement. Also, D3 is best absorbed with fat (e.g. gel capsules), not skim milk or a pill taken with water.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Or you can walk 15 minutes in the sun dumbass Janelle.  The sun is a great source of vit d too.  That's Vegas 101.  That's one of the first things my dr. told me when I moved here. She lived here long enough to learn the best times to walk.  

But this is Janelle and she is completely baffled by life and today her dumdassness is getting on my very last nerve.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I thought that this was a Strife with Janelle post! But ZOMG she's serious. 

What a crap sandwich. 

ETA the disclaimer is killing me.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Finally she adds the disclaimer!!

And although vitamin D is something our bodies create through sunlight to skin contact, it is also one of the most deficient vitamins in our population. Time of day (as mentioned) and time of year can vary our ability to produce our own vitamin D. Also some people just don't produce it in enough quantity.

Milk only contains a small amount of vitamin D (and completely dependent on the herd health etc), it has been added for a long time (not sure how long) and was added because vitamin D is needed to help the body absorb the calcium (which is in milk).  It was added to help prevent rickets and other bone deformities in children. Also why giving milk to children through the school lunches was implemented.

*I am not a health practitioner, or even a health coach with a purchased internet certification.  I did learn at the knee of my Grandmother. If experiencing any of the maladies that Janelle speaks of, see your doctor and get a blood test and a check up.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I take D3 gel capsules daily along with magnesium to prevent foot cramps. I forgot who told me about that - it might have been my PCP or I might have read it somewhere but gosh darn if it doesn't seem to work! 👍 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not a doctor, or even a dramatization of a doctor. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

"Those with Vitamin D deficiency can exercise fatigue".

Huh?  Translation anyone?

don't you know the Brown language by now?  translation.  LOL  just kidding...

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Kbo said:

“I am not an expert”.  Understatement of the year. 

And yet she's selling her "expertise". 

With the Covid outbreak, her timing for her $45 group seems to be incredibly bad since many people will not be getting paid if they're on quarantine. 

(Kinda makes me wonder about the Brown LLN sales? I just don't see people spending money on ugly clothes right now.) 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

With the Covid outbreak, her timing for her $45 group seems to be incredibly bad since many people will not be getting paid if they're on quarantine. 

Maybe in the face of this planetary outbreak, Janelle should just STFU, sit down on her couch and stop even trying to give anyone any health advice, period.  It's not just annoying anymore, it's a garbled word salad, potentially dangerous, signifying nothing.  Leave any health advice to those qualified to give it, not from a random obese Z-list celebrity living in Flagstaff who literally cannot pass a drive-thru without being tempted to order a burger and fries.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Maybe in the face of this planetary outbreak, Janelle should just STFU, sit down on her couch and stop even trying to give anyone any health advice, period.  It's not just annoying anymore, it's a garbled word salad, potentially dangerous, signifying nothing.  Leave any health advice to those qualified to give it, not from a random obese Z-list celebrity living in Flagstaff who literally cannot pass a drive-thru without being tempted to order a burger and fries.

Janelle really needs to see this ^^^^

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size