Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

B0E4A214-9363-4753-97F4-44881D75D060.jpeg

F064BA82-0B6D-428A-85BC-8BBE24D754AA.jpeg

0007D72E-86B4-41E6-9A27-B7D7073A9B15.jpeg

3A4EB9DC-70F4-4BD6-AA16-D088C08F9D05.jpeg

5C3B6991-9F88-4C76-BFEF-B021EA2DC356.jpeg

I like split pea soup.  I see the spoon is nestled in a big chip.  Does Janelle make sure she puts her food in chipped dishes on purpose (when taking photos)?  Kind of like a "Where's Waldo", but in this case it's "Where on the crockery is the chip today?"

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B0E4A214-9363-4753-97F4-44881D75D060.jpeg

F064BA82-0B6D-428A-85BC-8BBE24D754AA.jpeg

0007D72E-86B4-41E6-9A27-B7D7073A9B15.jpeg

3A4EB9DC-70F4-4BD6-AA16-D088C08F9D05.jpeg

5C3B6991-9F88-4C76-BFEF-B021EA2DC356.jpeg

Out of respect for anyone who is eating right now, I’m not going to elaborate on what this looks like.   I think we all know 🤮

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 4/6/2020 at 4:40 PM, ginger90 said:

E9F6B64E-2174-4AB4-87E6-3C37DF946F1F.jpeg

2970CD09-5FF4-4687-B609-19DAD76EB6E0.jpeg

She had a squash "kicking" around.... lol..

No really she literally had a squash kicking around, earlier that day she kicked it out of the way as she lumbered to the bathroom, then she gave it another kick as she turned the corner to the kitchen and blew a fart... A few more kicks and it was ready for the oven. 

I love how she says she "tossed" the fries in a "little" olive oil.... Ummmm there's actual puddles of oil on that tin foil. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

"Warm soupy foods can ground the nervous system."

Could you please cite the scientific article in which you found this nugget of wisdom?  I don't believe I ran across this in my Neuroscience specialty education.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
On 4/3/2020 at 6:41 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I just can't with her. So because she can't commit to going into a spare bedroom for 30-45 minutes to do a work out, now she plops all that crap in the living room. Why do Gabe and Savanna have to deal with her mess. Looks like a lot of toe-stubbing going to happen.

We all know she is going to plop herself on the couch and gaze lovingly at all this crap and not do a dang thing with it. If your going to post a picture, clean that stuff up. Looks like the last time she was on that bench and she did some strenuous 2lb barbells she sharted on it.

This is so odd to me. My wife and I moved into a big old house from a so-called luxury apartment and we couldn't be happier to have a separate room for an office and a workout room. Before we had it set up we'd work out in the living room and it was fine, but it is the ultimate pleasure to go downstairs for a workout and not have to move the coffee table, cats, whatever project we're working on, etc. Just go down, do the workout, and come back up. It is oddly comforting to have a place to go and disconnect and just be able to focus on your workout.

But then, I actually enjoy working out, so maybe that's the difference. I don't need an excuse to avoid it.

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

This is so odd to me. My wife and I moved into a big old house from a so-called luxury apartment and we couldn't be happier to have a separate room for an office and a workout room. Before we had it set up we'd work out in the living room and it was fine, but it is the ultimate pleasure to go downstairs for a workout and not have to move the coffee table, cats, whatever project we're working on, etc. Just go down, do the workout, and come back up. It is oddly comforting to have a place to go and disconnect and just be able to focus on your workout.

But then, I actually enjoy working out, so maybe that's the difference. I don't need an excuse to avoid it.

The bolded part about the cats made me smile.  I used to have 2 cats (I miss them dearly), and it never failed:  I was doing yoga and pilates with cats before it was popular.  There's a cat cafe near me that allows you to pay for that privilege.  🙂

• Love 15
4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

The bolded part about the cats made me smile.  I used to have 2 cats (I miss them dearly), and it never failed:  I was doing yoga and pilates with cats before it was popular.  There's a cat cafe near me that allows you to pay for that privilege.  🙂

There's one of those in my area.  I'd love to go someday.  Crazy Cat Lady with one cat here.  If Mr. X would go for it, I'd have one or two more.  Lucy will lay wherever she's apt to get moved.  She's gifted that way.  🙂

I'm betting there was no 'maybe' about it...Janelle ate every piece of squash on the pan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Janelle should get a cat.  Then she could say "I wasn't able to exercise today because kitty was sleeping on the equipment and I didn't want to disturb her".  I've been known to sit in my second favourite spot when kitty is in my favourite chair.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12

with the unused exercise bike in the background.

Is it just me or is that couch filthy? She could probably remove the covers and wash them in the washer, I do that with mine a couple times a year.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7
On 3/28/2020 at 6:19 PM, Meowwww said:

I have beautiful sheer panel curtains.  Got them at Walmart, cheap.  They go in the washer and dryer like a champ.  
I bet Janelle never washes her curtains.  They probably smell like broccoli and broken dreams

And farts. LOTS of farts.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

with the unused exercise bike in the background.

Is it just me or is that couch filthy? She could probably remove the covers and wash them in the washer, I do that with mine a couple times a year.

This is the rental that came with furniture right ? So her stuff is in storage ? Heck, if you have to pay for a storage unit anyway, i would put that rental crap in it and use my own. That couch is hideous  

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This is the rental that came with furniture right ? So her stuff is in storage ? Heck, if you have to pay for a storage unit anyway, i would put that rental crap in it and use my own. That couch is hideous  

The seat cushions look like outdoor cushions that you hose off once a year. 

I doubt Janelle's own furniture is much better than this. The rest of the house probably looks like Sanford and Son. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The seat cushions look like outdoor cushions that you hose off once a year. 

I doubt Janelle's own furniture is much better than this. The rest of the house probably looks like Sanford and Son. 

Whats not to like about a torn pleather recliner ? I would have one in every room  🤪

• LOL 12

Maybe she wants us to think he is quarantining with her, but he's not?

The first rental she lived in in Flagstaff was furnished.  That was the townhouse with no parking. The one she currently lives in was not furnished - it is the rancher in the reportedly sketchy area of Flagstaff.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, smarty2020 said:

The first rental she lived in in Flagstaff was furnished.  That was the townhouse with no parking. The one she currently lives in was not furnished - it is the rancher in the reportedly sketchy area of Flagstaff.

even worse knowing that she actually brought that couch

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

even worse knowing that she actually brought that couch

I missed the part where someone proved the photo was from last year - so it probably was the rental furniture and not hers lol.  

6 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Goodness, I'm surprised to learn Flagstaff has a sketchy area, considering the cost of living there. I've looked at housing in the area for retirement purposes and it was quite expensive for me and DH, although it's gorgeous!  I still can't believe the Browns make enough to live there, with a huge family, no less.  🤔

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I would hope Janelle has the correct date. There are various dates online.

The various dates are probably all the days they pretended it was his birthday to get freebees at restaurants etc.  

Why does Janelle use the same photo with the filthy couch to announce both his 21st & 22 birthday?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, deirdra said:

The various dates are probably all the days they pretended it was his birthday to get freebees at restaurants etc.  

Why does Janelle use the same photo with the filthy couch to announce both his 21st & 22 birthday?

Maybe because she doesn't have any other current photos of him and he's quarantining somewhere else.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

These kids always confuse me, is this the one that is also called Robert?

If so there's tons of way more flattering pics from this year, in his uniform etc.

Is this also the one who is LDS now?.... Maybe he doesn't hang with his family anymore?

• Love 2

Yes, his name is Robert Garrison Brown and he is probably using Robert Brown so people won't immediately recognize him as part of this family. And he was baptized into the LDS church, which probably wants him to keep his distance from them.  Maddie was not accepted into the LDS church because she still planned to ride the TLC gravy train with her family.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Yes, his name is Robert Garrison Brown and he is probably using Robert Brown so people won't immediately recognize him as part of this family. And he was baptized into the LDS church, which probably wants him to keep his distance from them.  Maddie was not accepted into the LDS church because she still planned to ride the TLC gravy train with her family.

Same with Mykelti, and she married Tony, who converted to Mormonism before they met.

Since they (Mykelti/Tony) aren't on the show lately, maybe Mykelti has tried joining the LDS church again?  No word on that.

Robert Garrison always seemed, along with brother Gabe, to not buy into Kootie's bullshit, and to give him trouble more than the other boys did.  Janelle of course always seemed to demand that they respect their sperm donor, even when Kootie acted like an asshat.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I don't think it's an act.

When you're right, you are right!  

Janelle always sticks up for Kootie.  Remember Hawaii, when he acted like a petulant child about everythingk?  Parking cars, eating pork, etc. etc.  "Nobody asked my permission, so everyone can just piss off!"  Not a direct quote, but close enough.  Jerkweed.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Same with Mykelti, and she married Tony, who converted to Mormonism before they met.

Since they (Mykelti/Tony) aren't on the show lately, maybe Mykelti has tried joining the LDS church again?  No word on that.

The way that Mykelti drinks coffees and flaunts every single one on her social media I doubt she is trying to join the LDS church.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

The way that Mykelti drinks coffees and flaunts every single one on her social media I doubt she is trying to join the LDS church.

I often wonder when Tony last attended church. He seems like the type of person who would convert to please a romantic partner. I remember looking at his public FB back before the wedding and he had a fiancee before Mykelti. Maybe she was LDS and he had to convert?

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I often wonder when Tony last attended church. 

I seriously doubt any of them attend any kind of religious service.  They post every single vapid thought on social media and we haven't heard word one about religion. 

Kootie must be so proud - now only has his farce of marriages driven them all away from polygamy, it's apparently beaten religion right out of them as well.

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, suomi said:

If she thinks Kody will be sittin' there dyin' aigs with her when she's an empty nester she's got another think comin'.

She's going to eat four dozen deviled eggs all by herself.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

She really bothered with the instapot for boiled eggs?  Sheesh, that's about the simplest food you can make on the top of a stove.  Why does there have to be some gimmick for every damned thing she does in the kitchen?

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

She really bothered with the instapot for boiled eggs?  Sheesh, that's about the simplest food you can make on the top of a stove.  Why does there have to be some gimmick for every damned thing she does in the kitchen?

Steaming eggs does make them peel more easily, but I do it in a regular pot on top of the stove, putting the eggs above the water on a vegetable steamer insert. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

Steaming eggs does make them peel more easily, but I do it in a regular pot on top of the stove, putting the eggs above the water on a vegetable steamer insert. 

And if you take a teaspoon after you have cracked the shell all around and slip it under the shell you can easily remove the shell. Best thing I ever learned on the internet!

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

And if you take a teaspoon after you have cracked the shell all around and slip it under the shell you can easily remove the shell. Best thing I ever learned on the internet!

Ohhh, I need to try that. I love egg salad but hate peeling eggs. Sometimes they don't even look like eggs anymore.

• Love 4

I use my Instapot to "boil" eggs all the time.  I usually do at least a dozen at once, and it is fast and efficient.  I have cooked as many as 24 when I was making deviled eggs for a gathering.  The eggs peal so easily, too.  It is a great way to get perfect boiled eggs every time.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

Ohhh, I need to try that. I love egg salad but hate peeling eggs. Sometimes they don't even look like eggs anymore.

Just roll the hard boiled egg so that the shell is all cracked then slip a teaspoon under the shell and it comes off so easily.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, it does save time. That thing is *amazing*. I love mine. 

• Love 4