Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

What am I doing for myself today?  Well, Janelle, life just isn't all about me, a concept that is foreign to any of the Browns. 

Today I made my umpteenth batch of masks, this time for the postal workers that are out doing their routes, finished writing thank you notes to the 30 departments at the hospital including the necessary but unrecognized ones like housekeeping and maintenance, printed out the third edition of a little newsletter for the residents of our extended care facilities that I will deliver (masked and gloved) this weekend, and did a welfare check on elderly neighbors.  That's what I did for me.

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

What am I doing for myself today?  Well, Janelle, life just isn't all about me, a concept that is foreign to any of the Browns. 

Today I made my umpteenth batch of masks, this time for the postal workers that are out doing their routes, finished writing thank you notes to the 30 departments at the hospital including the necessary but unrecognized ones like housekeeping and maintenance, printed out the third edition of a little newsletter for the residents of our extended care facilities that I will deliver (masked and gloved) this weekend, and did a welfare check on elderly neighbors.  That's what I did for me.

You go @Koala! I wish my arthritis in my hands wasn't so bad, I'd love to be making masks.  As it is I can barely open jars and button my shirts. Used to be a great cross stitcher and doll clothes maker...time gets to ya... I admire all that you do.

• Love 10
On 4/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

I bought a Cuisinart egg cooker back in January and now I don't know how I ever lived without it. 😍 I love Egg McMuffins and I now make them at home using my egg cooker.  Just to be fancy I even bought the little egg ring at Walmart so the egg would be round.  I might even take it on the road with me, if I ever get back OTR.  😢  LeSigh.  😔

I bring my eggs to a boil.  Turn off the burner and let them sit for 20 minutes.  They then go into ice water.  Never had an issue.  

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Whoa!  She took the clothes off of the machine to take a photo!  That must have been what she meant by a workout!

Yep lol! More uninspiring, unbelievable, delusional crap from the least successful endeavor ever. I can’t believe she continues with this farce. 

• Love 6
On 4/22/2020 at 12:28 PM, Sandy W said:

This sadly brings to mind the episode where Christine was negotiating with her "husband", that in exchange for her storing the wrestling mats in her garage, Kody would spend more time with her kids...or maybe it was for more grocery money.  Either proposition is horrific.

It was both.  Coming over more often AND more grocery money.

22 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Remember when Robyn announced that Sol was coming?  She even said that some of the teenagers weren't excited (why would they be, with double-digit siblings already?) and she specifically mentioned that Hunter wasn't happy enough for her.

Asshat father.  Logan had to shoulder a lot of raising the younger ones.  Once Robyn entered the picture, HER kids were all-important, and she was all for that.   Selfish witch.

22 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't think Hunter was ever impressed by Robyn or her drama crew daughters.  He was probably among the first to see her for what she truly is.

Hunter had major issues during the move and he voiced his opinion of "we already have more kids than we can handle" when asked about Robyn being pregnant.  This season Robyn even added quite snottily about "how some of the kids have been real jerks" about her and Kody having more children.  Robyn expected everyone to make room for her and her kids, to fully accommodate them "as if they had been there from the beginning" but yet to follow her strict and very very different parenting guidelines and when she didn't get what she wanted she goes on camera to be sure to put Hunter down when he was really suffering. And then...gotta love the camera crew when they showed that Hunter also went out of his way to go to Christine's just to hang out with forgotten baby Truely.

• Love 22

Hunter and Mariah have the same face.  I never noticed a strong resemblance before. 

And, in another comparison: In one of the first episodes, Mariah claimed that she wanted to go to the Naval Academy and med school.  Koty shot her down, claiming that a military academy would never allow a polygamist to join (intense persecution).

Congratulations, Hunter!

• Love 12

Areola looks a lot like Hunter, too.  Remember when Kootie said, "she's a sister from the same mister, and he's a brother from another mother?"

Kootie genes must dominate the wive's genes.  Whoopee.

Hunter turned out very well.  That move to LV was hardest on him.  Paedon too.  

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

Hunter and Mariah have the same face.  I never noticed a strong resemblance before. 

And, in another comparison: In one of the first episodes, Mariah claimed that she wanted to go to the Naval Academy and med school.  Koty shot her down, claiming that a military academy would never allow a polygamist to join (intense persecution).

Congratulations, Hunter!

Kody pointed out to her that to get into the Naval Academy she would need to go to a "real" school.  I think his point at the time was that it was fine for her to have that as a goal, but her insistence on NOT going to public school and staying in the unaccredited "home school co-op" would make her ineligible for applying to the Naval Academy.

The Vegas moved sucked for the kids...however I don't think they would have ever had the same opportunities in home school co-ops and the AUB church in Utah.  For that reason alone the Vegas move benefited the kids in the end.

• Love 13

Most of the kids liked LV once they made friends there, and moved into the McMansions.

Then Janelle had to go & knuckle under, move to Flagstaff, and this time it was another son, Gabe, that got screwed over.  It's fortunate that he made the best of it and graduated early.  Hopefully he is doing well in college.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D85031DC-9EDE-4201-9B80-E4FC6009BF3D.jpeg

5F4C1EB1-15D9-4FBA-AB32-7712C723A26A.jpeg

3E00A811-E630-4FC1-8DDA-AA7C8D9C1B29.jpeg

E3BFFABB-8954-43F6-8EDD-73DB2F8E9D44.jpeg

SHUT UP JANELLE. This woman is an ignoramus. Janelle uses any excuse, any variable to throw her off her “routine” and now it’s quarantine.  Beginner-babble from a “professional”. 

There’s no “perfectionist” inside her. She’s been a beginner for years now. She’s perpetually trapped in day one and has the mentality of a sloth.  When I think of a perfectionist, I think of an athlete who’s mastered her sport and is now down to a very small number of variables to work through. Someone who’s dialed in. That’s. Not. Janelle. 

What a delusional world she lives in. 

• Love 10

She's a "perfectionist" in that if she can't do it perfectly, she won't do it at all.  And since she can rarely (if ever) do it perfectly, she never does it.  She's who "Don't let "perfect" be the enemy of "good"" was written for.

• Love 22

But yet everyone gets on Meri because Meri couldn't put up with this attitude when they lived together..........

I like Janelle.  I'm a bit of a Janelle myself.  However, even I know most of it is laziness - not perfectionism.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Janelle is a master at rationalizations. Perfectionists don’t weigh 350 pounds and live in a slovenly home. 

While the name escapes me...there is another thing kind of like perfectionism that follows the lines of "I can't do it perfect, so I am not even going to try to do it at all." I see Janelle like this.  She knows that it is hard work more than she is willing to do so she will just be satisfied with force feeding herself something that someone calls healthy and delude herself that is enough. The fact that she calls herself a "coach" to others is complete nonsense....SHE needs a coach herself, not the other way round.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

While the name escapes me...there is another thing kind of like perfectionism that follows the lines of "I can't do it perfect, so I am not even going to try to do it at all." I see Janelle like this.  She knows that it is hard work more than she is willing to do so she will just be satisfied with force feeding herself something that someone calls healthy and delude herself that is enough. The fact that she calls herself a "coach" to others is complete nonsense....SHE needs a coach herself, not the other way round.

Would the word you're looking for be "defeatist"?  That would be someone who gives up before they even start, convincing themselves that the struggle would be futile and not worth the effort.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Would the word you're looking for be "defeatist"?  That would be someone who gives up before they even start, convincing themselves that the struggle would be futile and not worth the effort.

YES! Thank you!

• Love 5

From what we have seen with a few of Janelle's children they are the same way when it comes to keeping a clean house.  I never noticed Madison helping out to do laundry or dishes.  Only saw Logan getting the kids up and fed, with the mess left.  

At least Aspyn seemed to try and help Christine,  with Mykelti occasionally helping.

• Love 9
On 4/25/2020 at 8:56 AM, Fosca said:

She's a "perfectionist" in that if she can't do it perfectly, she won't do it at all.  And since she can rarely (if ever) do it perfectly, she never does it.  She's who "Don't let "perfect" be the enemy of "good"" was written for.

I respectfully disagree and suspect she uses this as a reason to remain lazy. It’s an invalid excuse because hardly anyone, except maybe an elite athlete, can do anything “perfectly”. 

And it would be fine if Janelle was just Janelle without the Strive bullshit. She needs to stop. It doesn’t work for her, every post just makes her look more dim. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Had to correct autocorrect
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

From what we have seen with a few of Janelle's children they are the same way when it comes to keeping a clean house.  I never noticed Madison helping out to do laundry or dishes.  Only saw Logan getting the kids up and fed, with the mess left.  

At least Aspyn seemed to try and help Christine,  with Mykelti occasionally helping.

Christine fell apart and moved her mother in to help her after Aspyn went to uni, I suspect that Aspyn carried the weight of the household.  Logan was the father figure to his siblings, even those in his age group, and Aspyn was the secondary mother figure with Christine.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Christine fell apart and moved her mother in to help her after Aspyn went to uni, I suspect that Aspyn carried the weight of the household.  Logan was the father figure to his siblings, even those in his age group, and Aspyn was the secondary mother figure with Christine.

This just boggles my mind.  This is why I think the "fame" and money related to a reality TV series went to their heads.  Robyn had to have help with TWO children who were three or four years apart?  Wow... thousands upon thousands of OTHER mothers can handle two kids... and yes, I KNOW she had older children but they were old enough to get themselves dressed and take care of their basic needs so Mindy wasn't there to be a helicopter mother for THEM.  I am positive that Mindy did the cooking and cleaning, as well.  Then you have Christine whose kids are ALSO teens (with one exception) and someone has to come in so that the household can function?  And what are the MOTHERS DOING ALL DAMN DAY?

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And what are the MOTHERS DOING ALL DAMN DAY?

Staring out the windows keeping track of where that man is and who he is with and what he is doing and why isn't he doing it with you...

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

That's got to be a stock photo, the dish isn't chipped.  Nice try, Janelle.

EDIT: the tablecloth matches the one in the photo of her boys.  But still - no need to empty out the expired pantry supplies onto a bowl of perfectly innocent cantalope.  

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

What the heck is wrong with just eating plain cantaloupe?  It's delicious unadorned!  Why does she have to make everything a production?

Seriously! And the use of unnecessary words: "cantaloupe that I got from the store that I wanted to eat"..........versus buying food from the store she doesn't want to eat? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Seriously! And the use of unnecessary words: "cantaloupe that I got from the store that I wanted to eat"..........versus buying food from the store she doesn't want to eat? 

Translation: cantalope that was getting mushy sitting on the counter for a week and a half so I had to cut it up, add 14 ingredients, take a photo, pretend to eat it while my boys were chowing down on Chinese takeout, and then tossed it as soon as they left the room so I could consume their leftover Moo Shu pork and fortune cookies.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

EDIT: the tablecloth matches the one in the photo of her boys.  But still - no need to empty out the expired pantry supplies onto a bowl of perfectly innocent cantalope.  

I think that's one of those speckled metal bowls that don't chip. 

But there's probably a dent somewhere. 

Nice pic of the boys! Gabe is the best looking I think but they're all pretty cute. 

Couldn't help but notice the ubiquitous giant bottle of Ranch. 

Btw why are Hunter and Garrison there? COVID Quarantine apparently doesn't exist at all for the Browns.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Btw why are Hunter and Garrison there? COVID Quarantine apparently doesn't exist at all for the Browns.

Well, in their defense, they may not have had any choice, Hunter just graduated so he likely had no place else to stay I mean the air force academy was probably not going to let them just hang out until all this is over so what was he supposed to do?  Garrison is likely in a similar situation.

Mariah was in an off campus apartment so even though her campus closed down, she had a place to stay.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

Mariah was in an off campus apartment so even though her campus closed down, she had a place to stay.

Which makes it all the more disgusting to post the fact that she is defying the shelter in place rules by travelling all over the danged place.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

Well, in their defense, they may not have had any choice, Hunter just graduated so he likely had no place else to stay I mean the air force academy was probably not going to let them just hang out until all this is over so what was he supposed to do?  Garrison is likely in a similar situation.

I thought Garrison was active military? 

"One weekend a month and two weeks a year" was the longtime Guard and Reserve motto but depending on rank or specialty it could be six or seven weekends a year. And then the long wars in the Middle East messed up the National Guard. The Army Reserve, OK, as the name implies you would expect to be called up in time of need because you're part of the Army. 

The original intent was for the NG to stay home and protect the homeland and each governor was a state's commander-in-chief of its Guard unit.

We most likely will never see an active draft again because of the anti-war movement in the '60s and '70s. Washington knows that masses of people question authority now.

So, instead, the feds gained control of the NG after the Middle East wars and 9-11. Some Guard and Reserve units did two, three, four, 12-month deployments. Guard units are still shipping out as one-year peace-keeping forces but the peace exists only until the other side starts firing and then here we go again.

Washington won't actively draft anymore but it deploys and deploys and deploys. As if we don't know the difference. Baa, baa we are good sheeple.

Thank Universe that we ended the BS in the Middle East so we can almost halfway afford the COVID emergency financial packages. We are SO vulnerable right now to some random wealthy madman or dictator. We can bail out the homeland or we can fight a war but we can't do both. Janelle's sons are the faces of those who serve, along with lots of daughters.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Haha that’s one of those metal camping bowls, I believe.  I have some, and a few cups.  You know, because we actually camp.  

5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think that's one of those speckled metal bowls that don't chip. 

But there's probably a dent somewhere. 

Nice pic of the boys! Gabe is the best looking I think but they're all pretty cute. 

Couldn't help but notice the ubiquitous giant bottle of Ranch. 

To be fair, if I was their age, everything was shut down due to the scary virus, I would go home to my parents’ house too. 
Now I’m old, both my parents have passed....what I wouldn’t give for that option again. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Haha that’s one of those metal camping bowls, I believe.  I have some, and a few cups.  You know, because we actually camp.  

To be fair, if I was their age, everything was shut down due to the scary virus, I would go home to my parents’ house too. 
Now I’m old, both my parents have passed....what I wouldn’t give for that option again. 

I know.  I STILL cry because I miss them.   But at the same time I am so glad that they will not have to deal with this mess.  ((((((((Hugs)))))))   

P.S. My kids didn't come home.  They shouldn't have let essential jobs and homes and stuff get in the way of moving back in with me.  Traitors!

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I know.  I STILL cry because I miss them.   But at the same time I am so glad that they will not have to deal with this mess.  ((((((((Hugs)))))))   

P.S. My kids didn't come home.  They shouldn't have let essential jobs and homes and stuff get in the way of moving back in with me.  Traitors!

I too am so glad they aren’t here during this virus.  It sucks to be happy about that.  
Lol at your traitor kids. 😜

• Love 4

Maybe "taking a chance" means Janelle had never tried fresh cantaloupe before.  A few months back there was some common vegetable that she had never eaten fresh, only from a can. Perhaps the closest she's been to cantaloupe was canned, sugary "fruit salad". Personally I don't like to ruin wonderfully smooth-textured foods with non-smooth things like sesame seeds. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

LOL, my kids are first responders in CA one in the fire department one in the police department...ain't no way either is coming here to MT!! My kids rock and I am so proud of them!

• Love 18
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

Maybe "taking a chance" means Janelle had never tried fresh cantaloupe before.  A few months back there was some common vegetable that she had never eaten fresh, only from a can. Perhaps the closest she's been to cantaloupe was canned, sugary "fruit salad". Personally I don't like to ruin wonderfully smooth-textured foods with non-smooth things like sesame seeds. 

I don't know how a person can exist on Earth for over 45 years and still be so completely stunned when a fresh fruit or vegetable makes its way into her house.  I can see her standing there, gobsmacked, staring at the cantalope or squash or kale and wondering if it's going to bite her if she touches it.  Of course this is the same woman who proclaimed in Season One, Episode One of this show that she'd never heard of polygamy before she met Kody and Meri, so I guess willful ignorance is just the way she gets through life.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8