Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I mean I don’t know why we are being so hard on Janelle about picking a suitable safe neighborhood.  I mean not everyone knows it’s all about LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!  I mean it’s not like she is a real estate agent or anything 🙄 

*well at the very least she played one on tv 😛

Not to mention...wasn’t one of the big reasons they said they had to leave Las Vegas was that it was getting “unsafe”?

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

DDF3C67F-CA8A-4802-8B62-288A9AB54EFF.jpeg

08D9F784-662C-41E8-A3FE-71B4B8CA5100.jpeg

I am watching an episode of Hoarders right now.  If Janelle keeps accumulating these gidgets and gadgets, along with Rock Star of the week food items, we may someday see her featured there.

• LOL 12
44 minutes ago, Shieldmaiden said:

Not to mention...wasn’t one of the big reasons they said they had to leave Las Vegas was that it was getting “unsafe”?

Maybe if they hadn't kept propping the locked gate open . . . . 

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Shieldmaiden said:

I thought they moved away from Vegas because of the bad influences that are being seen by their kids, especially at their schools.  They might have said it was getting unsafe too.

• Love 1

I thought they thought it was unsafe because some of their kids were suppose to go to the concert that had the mass shooting, which solidified their feelings of being unsafe.

I think they felt unsafe because those home loans were coming due.

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
On 3/29/2020 at 6:10 PM, Irate Panda said:

I thought they thought it was unsafe because some of their kids were suppose to go to the concert that had the mass shooting, which solidified their feelings of being unsafe.

I think they felt unsafe because those home loans were coming due.

So, Vegas kinda was becoming less safe than it was when they first moved there. We'd been in the area for 2 years before the Browns moved to Vegas and it was pretty chill--add 10 years and crime had spread to even "nice" areas. Where the Browns were was near federal land so I took a lot of calls for service in those areas. 

It wasn't just the shooting, but that understandably rattled people. Many of us knew someone who was there. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

So, Vegas kinda was becoming less safe than it was when they first moved there. We'd been in the area for 2 years before the Browns moved to Vegas and it was pretty chill--add 10 years and crime had spread to even "nice" areas. Where the Browns were was near federal land so I took a lot of calls for service in those areas. 

It wasn't just the shooting, but that understandably rattled people. Many of us knew someone who was there. 

Oh, I don’t discount there being a safety issue, I just don’t think that was the actual motivation for them moving, especially since some of them (Janelle) are supposedly in higher crime areas now.  I think Day’un’s choice of schooling and Kody’s desperation of a storyline were factors too.  On a side note, I think even if they didn’t have the show Kody wouldn’t necessarily settle down, although million dollars homes might not be on the plate.  He doesn’t seem to be happy unless he is causing some sort of chaos in the family. 

• Love 17
(edited)
11 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think even if they didn’t have the show Kody wouldn’t necessarily settle down, although million dollars homes might not be on the plate.  He doesn’t seem to be happy unless he is causing some sort of chaos in the family. 

I agree.  Janelle and others mentioned that in the early years they moved once a year on average.  Multiple wives, umpteen children and lots of packing, unpacking and moving is a great distraction from actually taking the time to have deep conversations and get to know your spouse(s) and each child.  Kootie loves chaos and his hair is the emblem of it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I agree.  Janelle and others mentioned that in the early years they moved once a year on average.  Multiple wives, umpteen children and lots of packing, unpacking and moving is a great distraction from actually taking the time to have deep conversations and get to know your spouse(s) and each child.  Kootie loves chaos and his hair is the emblem of it.

Okay so playing armchair psychologist here, I'd say the constant moving of the early years was also a distraction from Kody's inner emptiness and his psychological/spiritual wounds. Being constantly in motion meant he never had to deal with his own issues or feelings, let alone the issues in his marriages. Same for the multiple marriages - another distraction from his psyche.  It's like people who run from one relationship to another with no break in between because they can't stand to be alone with their own thoughts. Kody creates drama for the same reason. It's pretty sad. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Okay so playing armchair psychologist here, I'd say the constant moving of the early years was also a distraction from Kody's inner emptiness and his psychological/spiritual wounds. Being constantly in motion meant he never had to deal with his own issues or feelings, let alone the issues in his marriages. 

I agree, the first person he should have become in touch with is himself. He's 51 and still doesn't know who he is. If he cannot face himself, he will never completely connect with others.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

WTF is that thing....busted up black cushion between two doorknob things?  With a pokey metal screw or two coming out the front?  

It looks a bit like a camel saddle.  Maybe Janelle's getting ready to saddle up and ride off into the desert.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I just died laughing. That's probably going to be sitting there just like that until Christmas. 

Why would she change it in 2021?  It will be there until they have to move.  Yet again.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to fitness crap, but I have no idea what that thing is under her Step (I also note that she doesn't seem to have risers for her Step).

also in the photo in the upper right, at least two of the dumbbells appear to still have their tags on them.  

Plates, but no bar?  

the obligatory pink 2 lb dumbbells

some random kettlebells

a dusty folded exercise mat.

• Love 4
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable when it comes to fitness crap, but I have no idea what that thing is under her Step (I also note that she doesn't seem to have risers for her Step).

also in the photo in the upper right, at least two of the dumbbells appear to still have their tags on them.  

Plates, but no bar?  

the obligatory pink 2 lb dumbbells

some random kettlebells

a dusty folded exercise mat.

and a few wrinkled up empty packages of Fritos smashed underneath the exercise stuff.

• LOL 13
(edited)

That camel saddle thing can't be Janelle's exercise equipment - it is well worn!  If you google camel saddle footstool, you'll see similar items. It could be where she always puts her feet up, or perhaps it came with the rental house.

I also noticed the step had no risers  😉

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I just can't with her. So because she can't commit to going into a spare bedroom for 30-45 minutes to do a work out, now she plops all that crap in the living room. Why do Gabe and Savanna have to deal with her mess. Looks like a lot of toe-stubbing going to happen.

We all know she is going to plop herself on the couch and gaze lovingly at all this crap and not do a dang thing with it. If your going to post a picture, clean that stuff up. Looks like the last time she was on that bench and she did some strenuous 2lb barbells she sharted on it.

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
47 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I just can't with her. So because she can't commit to going into a spare bedroom for 30-45 minutes to do a work out, now she plops all that crap in the living room. Why do Gabe and Savanna have to deal with her mess. Looks like a lot of toe-stubbing going to happen.

We all know she is going to plop herself on the couch and gaze lovingly at all this crap and not do a dang thing with it. If your going to post a picture, clean that stuff up. Looks like the last time she was on that bench and she did some strenuous 2lb barbells she sharted on it.

THIS. It was probably her workout bringing it out to the living room to stage the photo. 

Janelle, just face it: You hate working out. HAAATE. You like junk food and your couch. And that's ok! So do lots of other people. But FFS, please stop pretending to be a "health coach". Please, STOP. 

• Love 20

So hold up....she couldn't be bothered to get up from the couch in the living room and travel the 50 or so feet to the guest room to exercise?  I had to look that post over carefully to make sure it wasn't another brilliant @Mahamid Frauded Me parody.  

I can't even with this woman and the constant pretend barriers she puts up in order to avoid exercising - in this case, the barrier being a wall in her house.  Isn't this the same woman that, several seasons ago, claimed she couldn't go for a walk because she had packed her special "walking shoes" in a box and "couldn't find them?"

Sheesh.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17

Janelle can't make it to the guest room while most of my neighbors have their exercise area in the garage.  But then she'd see it in the garage after every fast food run.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

But then she'd see it in the garage after every fast food run.

If hers were in the garage, she'd park in the driveway to avoid seeing it.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

At least the plate doesn't look chipped.  I would eat eggs that looked like that, but would cut them into nice slices if I were going to photograph them for all to see.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
(edited)

Not bad, but what is in the Not bad, but what is in the cup?

1 minute ago, Gramto6 said:

Not bad, but what is in the cup?

Edited by Gramto6
Arrrggh can't get rid of double post..
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Not bad, but what is in the Not bad, but what is in the cup?

Hot chocolate? I donut know - probably not.  She eats and drinks really strange things in-between her Wendy's drive thru runs and bags of Fritos.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked about the drink. Her response, “ Coffee with a little fat free half and half 🙂 “.

::::Snort::::  Translation: "I poured coffee into the mug until it was 1/4 full and then added full fat cream until the liquid was to the top.  I shoveled in 8 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and stirred really hard until there were lots of bubbles on top!  Strive to make your drinks look fancy!"

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked about the drink. Her response, “ Coffee with a little fat free half and half 🙂 “.

What is fat free half and half half of?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

What is fat free half and half half of?

I googled it, has several unpleasant sounding ingredients, half the calories of regular half and half...But... twice the sodium plus sugar.

It took a while, but I now enjoy my coffee with plain old 2% milk.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle hasn’t discovered yet, fat free can equal added corn syrup, etc..

You'd think she'd read the labels on the stuff she buys. I read the label of any new product before I buy it, and I'm not a "nutritional consultant" or whatever she claims to be. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I googled it, has several unpleasant sounding ingredients, half the calories of regular half and half...But... twice the sodium plus sugar.

It took a while, but I now enjoy my coffee with plain old 2% milk.

I use fat-free milk but I have one of those $10 battery operated frothers that I use to make foam for delicious lattes. Nonfat milk froths better than the other milks.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gosh in the picture of Janelle in the sun glasses Maddie looks just like her.

I think that is why Maddie started to dye her hair unnatural shades of black and red at ~15, to not look like her mother. Janelle thought it was a rebellious phase … but it has lasted 10 years.  And she still looks like Janelle.

• Love 8

Could she possibly make a delicious food look more inedible? I make these all the time and I don't burn them. And I would put them in a nice bowl to take a picture but then I am not some healthy living guru am I?

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

Could she possibly make a delicious food look more inedible? I make these all the time and I don't burn them. And I would put them in a nice bowl to take a picture but then I am not some healthy living guru am I?

mmmmMMMMMmmmm Charred to a crisp.  Just the way Janelle likes them 😄

At least there wasn't a nasty fork or one with a bite out of it.

Why didn't she use her vaunted Air Fryer Instant Pot attachment for these instead of burning them in the oven?

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 10