Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yes, Janelle.  We can tell you've been so doggone successful in getting in shape.  😞

Sign me right the F up.  LOL

I almost have no words.  $45 for a unmotivated, unhealthful, obese, sloth of a woman to give advice on health and motivation?  Unless she is selling a look at her body as motivation I am not sure she has anything to offer.  Yes, that sounds mean but yeah.  She has no business being anywhere near a health or motivation anything.  FFS.  

• Love 21
22 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

THERE.ARE.NO.WORDS.  What kind of statement is this for a group that's supposed to help you stay challenged?  WHAT is the challenge????

Capture.JPG

It isn't about eating fresh, healthy vegetables either.  Those carrots have sat out so long, they have turned white from dehydration.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:
27 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

THERE.ARE.NO.WORDS.  What kind of statement is this for a group that's supposed to help you stay challenged?  WHAT is the challenge????

Capture.JPG

It isn't about eating fresh, healthy vegetables either.  Those carrots have sat out so long, they have turned white from dehydration.

This is my two cents.  This group is all about patting each other on the back and giving each other virtual high fives.  "Way to go!"  "Atta girl!"  "You rock!"  It's a big get-together of women who are thinking,  "I want to feel good about myself without having to make an effort to make changes to my lifestyle".  This is LIKE the snowflake concept, but instead of melting down over ridiculous petty things that they didn't even have to own, they make every little task in life out to be monumental and give each other enormous accolades for finding silly ways of dealing with mundane issues they've made into mountains.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

This is LIKE the snowflake concept, but instead of melting down over ridiculous petty things that they didn't even have to own, they make every little task in life out to be monumental and give each other enormous accolades for finding silly ways of dealing with mundane issues they've made into mountains.

Nicely put.

• Love 8

I could think of many things to buy for 5 grand, none of which would I pretend to be any kind of health coach.  And I'm in a lot better shape than Janelle.

Who knew there were diploma mills for "health coaches?"  I didn't, but now that I do, it doesn't make me want to part with $45 for a bunch of bullshit.

• Love 13
(edited)
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

9609A2BD-59A6-4343-BD2E-062F7AAD28B4.jpeg

7A7913BB-690B-4959-8E76-F904371DDCB6.jpeg

17F94CAC-CAD3-4A18-AA5D-8DC930A6EF44.jpeg

373A5733-00F1-4552-808F-3908C2C134C2.jpeg

Wtf? Janelle can’t even meet her own goals! 

Here we have an obese woman who’s had YEARS to get her shit together and so far, has been an epic failure—yet she wants to charge $45 to help hold people accountable.

Janelle gets an “F” when it comes to “accountability”. WHY WOULD ANYONE PAY FOR THIS? 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

This just kills me

image.png.37b01aa3d1d107aa73922e6f515e2e7b.png

I don't know who this Tricia is so I can't comment, but blob brown - seriously ? experienced in health ? for reelz ? She is the laziest person out there. She can't even inspire or motivate herself how can she do that to others ?  I guess she needs to come up with April rent money.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5

Honestly, at $45 a person she's going to need a lot of followers to come close to what Christine makes on Lularoe.  Christine sold 180 pieces of clothing yesterday live on facebook.  If you guess they maybe make $10 per piece of clothing sold then Christine made $1800 yesterday.  Janelle would need 40 followers to pay for her program to equal that.  

• Useful 5
2 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Honestly, at $45 a person she's going to need a lot of followers to come close to what Christine makes on Lularoe.  Christine sold 180 pieces of clothing yesterday live on facebook.  If you guess they maybe make $10 per piece of clothing sold then Christine made $1800 yesterday.  Janelle would need 40 followers to pay for her program to equal that.  

I wonder if they pay their income tax on those clothes sales......

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I wonder if they pay their income tax on those clothes sales......

Since they are so public about their sales, I'm sure they do claim all of their earnings on their tax forms.  However, since it's a business, there are all kinds of expenses they can deduct, so they may end up not owing much, if any tax on that money.  I hope they use a REAL accountant and don't rely on Janelle because even a tax professional sometimes has to do some research before determining exactly what should be on a return.

Also, I wonder how much of that $1800 goes into their pockets and how much gets spent immediately buying more ugly clothing inventory.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle’s private group is limited to 100 people. Good luck with that.

Miss professional goofed (why not just give the date? 🤷🏼‍♀️)

D1CB72BC-6569-4200-9614-767CCEEF8F7B.jpeg

Sigh.  Oh Janelle, never change.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Janelle’s private group is limited to 100 people. Good luck with that.

Miss professional goofed (why not just give the date? 🤷🏼‍♀️)

D1CB72BC-6569-4200-9614-767CCEEF8F7B.jpeg

She probably has to split the money with that Tricia chick. 

• Love 6

Well hopefully with that 45.00 fee, Janelle will give us some good food packing advice.

1. Grab busted up 20 year old cooler

2. Get your gladware out

3. Spoon in cold rice, don't worry about clumping-wipe up rogue rice from counter and plop in container

4.Grab cold broccoli steamed 4 days ago in your insta pot

5.Cold chicken cut up into bite sized chunks that were sautéed in butter and garlic

6. Now spend 12 hours arranging cooler losing sleep

Only to forget fork, so one must eat with fingers....

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

4.Grab cold broccoli steamed 4 days ago in your insta pot

5.Cold chicken cut up into bite sized chunks that were sautéed in butter and garlic

6. Now spend 12 hours arranging cooler losing sleep

Only to forget fork, so one must eat with fingers....

7. Didn't forget fork on purpose.  Honest.  Can't eat with fingers so must go to Wendy's for three large double bacon cheese burgers, two large fries and a large chocolate frosty to dip the fries in.

Edited by Kyanight
forgot the cheese on my burgers
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

7. Didn't forget fork on purpose.  Honest.  Can't eat with fingers so must go to Wendy's for three large double bacon cheese burgers, two large fries and a large chocolate frosty to dip the fries in.

This is second only to McDonald's fries dipped in a strawberry shake.  

So let's see if I understand...I hand over $45 to an obese woman whose definition of "exhausted" is "got out of bed and got myself dressed."  We learn ground-breaking techniques such as "Packing a Lunch," "101 Uses For 4-Day Old Broccoli," and "Ghee - It's Not Just For Dinner!"  There are absolutely no exercise goals to meet, nor nutritional advice given.  For my $45, I get an occasional virtual back-pat for matching my socks or going outside.  At the end of this 21-day challenge, if I've managed to stand upright for more than an hour a day, I've completed the course.  

This is hysterical.  I almost want to sign up just to see what the dill is. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So let's see if I understand...I hand over $45 to an obese woman whose definition of "exhausted" is "got out of bed and got myself dressed."  We learn ground-breaking techniques such as "Packing a Lunch," "101 Uses For 4-Day Old Broccoli," and "Ghee - It's Not Just For Dinner!"  There are absolutely no exercise goals to meet, nor nutritional advice given.  For my $45, I get an occasional virtual back-pat for matching my socks or going outside.  At the end of this 21-day challenge, if I've managed to stand upright for more than an hour a day, I've completed the course.  

Double-dog-dare-ya, laurakaye!

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Double-dog-dare-ya, laurakaye!

I just went to her site to poke around.  $45 is too rich for my blood, but I did notice that many "Strive With Janelle" items - such as the Strive apron and the gray or black "bundle" (t-shirt, drawstring bag, water bottle and other crap all with the Strive logo) are sold out....probably because they only had three or four made to start with and Janelle just never got around to ordering more because she's so busy and all.

• LOL 6
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I just went to her site to poke around.  $45 is too rich for my blood, but I did notice that many "Strive With Janelle" items - such as the Strive apron and the gray or black "bundle" (t-shirt, drawstring bag, water bottle and other crap all with the Strive logo) are sold out....probably because they only had three or four made to start with and Janelle just never got around to ordering more because she's so busy and all.

That and there are some MAJOR suck-ups to reality TV stars.   I equate it with women who write love letters to dudes in prison.  Kind of a "famous by association" thing.

• Love 5

As hubby and I were doing our morning walk around the mall (which LOTS of people do regularly), I was telling him about Janelle's 21-Day Challenge to Do Nothing, Because There Are No Goals.

He came up with the perfect name for it:  "The Seinfeld Challenge."  It's all about nothing.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

I don't think that Jenelle has the IQ of, like, a nuclear physicist.  But I do think the family would be better off if they ditched the patriarchal structure and let her make the decisions.  She does seem to be more of a realist than Cody.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Whatever happened to their Sister Wives' Closet business? And, isn't Janelle and Christine certified realtors?

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Whatever happened to their Sister Wives' Closet business? And, isn't Janelle and Christine certified realtors?

Neither are certified in AZ.  Christine eventually passed the course in NV but when she found that the job required evening and weekend work (after the expense and time of taking the course), decided not to pursue it a a career path.  Janelle stuck it out, for 8 years I think and I have heard various reports that she sold anywhere from 2 - 5 houses in all the time she was licensed.  

Edit to add: - The doors to SW Closet have been firmly closed since March 2019.  They claim to be "updating the site".  Some update!

Edited by Sandy W
second thought
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She believes that polygamy is a good idea.  I can't see her as a "realist" just on that point alone.

I don't think polygamy is inherently a terrible idea.  I know people in polyamorous relationships, and they're happy.  It's not my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat.  It's the way they implement that polygamy and everything else they do in their lives that's bananas. 

Also, I said she's more of a realist than Kody.  Admittedly, that bar is basically scraping the ground.  

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ladle said:

I don't think polygamy is inherently a terrible idea.  I know people in polyamorous relationships, and they're happy.  It's not my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat.  It's the way they implement that polygamy and everything else they do in their lives that's bananas. 

Also, I said she's more of a realist than Kody.  Admittedly, that bar is basically scraping the ground.  

this show started out with promise.  The promise of letting us SEE how polygamists live their lives.  Somewhere down the line, they lost sight of their faith, and TLC made them all stars, or they got stars in their eyes from all the fame the show produced.  How many years does the timeline go back too?  Are we just now watching two years ago in their personal lives or how long?

• Love 3

At this very moment, I am watching an old Dr. Phil episode with Joe Darger and his three wives.

Polygamy seems to be working for them.  But they are all behaving like sensible adults in a non-traditional relationship.

And Joe is bald, so his primary focus isn't on what to do with his hair.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

this show started out with promise.  The promise of letting us SEE how polygamists live their lives.  Somewhere down the line, they lost sight of their faith, and TLC made them all stars, or they got stars in their eyes from all the fame the show produced.  How many years does the timeline go back too?  Are we just now watching two years ago in their personal lives or how long?

I believe they are behind 1-2 years from the time it is filmed until it airs.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I believe they are behind 1-2 years from the time it is filmed until it airs.

They seem to have "caught up" to where they are now ONLY a year behind, judging by the timing of Valentine's Day, Kody's BD and baby Evie's gender reveal.  

I wonder if any story line will be created over the closing of SWCloset, since that seems to have happened in March 2019.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm really conflicted. I detest the thought of her actually getting any money out of it, but, like you, I'm so frikkin' curious (and the mocking potential is off the charts) that I'm almost willing to throw someone $5 to offset the cost.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

They seem to have "caught up" to where they are now ONLY a year behind, judging by the timing of Valentine's Day, Kody's BD and baby Evie's gender reveal.  

I wonder if any story line will be created over the closing of SWCloset, since that seems to have happened in March 2019.

Wasn't MSWC involved in some kind of dubious lawsuit over some tacky T shirts?

7 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

LOLZ, every time I hear the word "dubious," I think of Fat Tony.  

Gosh, I miss him.  What is wrong with me?!?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Ahhh but there will be detox advice from the great coach Tricia who according to her webpage has studied under the likes of Depak Chopra and Andrew Weil (I'm guessing it was either one of those hotel-room seminars or more likely, a video she was (ahem!) required to watch as part of her "training".

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Ahhh but there will be detox advice from the great coach Tricia who according to her webpage has studied under the likes of Depak Chopra and Andrew Weil (I'm guessing it was either one of those hotel-room seminars or more likely, a video she was (ahem!) required to watch as part of her "training".

OK, it wasn't easy, but I managed to find out a few of the topics Tricia will be talking about to the group. 

"You and your poo - how to expel it with the least tissue harm to your bunghole"

"Cleanse your colon comfortably with cucumber juice"

"Toe lifts you can do on the job, while watching TV or anywhere.  Burn those calories without breaking a sweat!"

"Is your hair hurting your health? Round table discussion about the benefits of abstaining from shampoo"

"Navel care for a robust lint free lifestyle using apple cider vinegar and mayonnaise"

• LOL 14
27 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

Yeah, former BFF Kendra sued them for unpaid bills. I think the T-shirt line was named "Ashley Madison" or something like that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

My guess is they were left over from the massive world launch of STRIVE with Janelle that I attended many moons ago. She was selling them there.  I saw one person buy one.

ETA:  The bag was $45 smackaroos.  $45 must be the magic number.

Edited by toodles
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, toodles said:

My guess is they were left over from the massive world launch of STRIVE with Janelle that I attended many moons ago. She was selling them there.  I saw one person buy one.

ETA:  The bag was $45 smackaroos.  $45 must be the magic number.

Ahhh I fondly remember your insider rundown of that glorious day.

• LOL 6
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

At this very moment, I am watching an old Dr. Phil episode with Joe Darger and his three wives.

Polygamy seems to be working for them.  But they are all behaving like sensible adults in a non-traditional relationship.

And Joe is bald, so his primary focus isn't on what to do with his hair.

It's on OWN (Pacific Daylight Time) right now.

They were on the Browns in the fifth season, IIRC.  Meri said "I could be married to that" when she saw how well the Dargers organized things.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's on OWN (Pacific Daylight Time) right now.

They were on the Browns in the fifth season, IIRC.  Meri said "I could be married to that" when she saw how well the Dargers organized things.

I'll never forget the look on Joe's face with Kody told him, "It would be cruel to ask my wives to share a kitchen."

A penis isn't a problem, but a kitchen is????

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Can I ask a stupid question?  Who is Tricia?