Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I don't know how a person can exist on Earth for over 45 years and still be so completely stunned when a fresh fruit or vegetable makes its way into her house.  I can see her standing there, gobsmacked, staring at the cantalope or squash or kale and wondering if it's going to bite her if she touches it.  Of course this is the same woman who proclaimed in Season One, Episode One of this show that she'd never heard of polygamy before she met Kody and Meri, so I guess willful ignorance is just the way she gets through life.

Didn't Janelle's mother marry Kody's father? What was the timeline on that, if Janelle never "heard of polygamy?" How can one be LDS (which she was) and not hear of it? BS!

• Love 6
Just now, Adiba said:

Didn't Janelle's mother marry Kody's father? What was the timeline on that, if Janelle never "heard of polygamy?" How can one be LDS (which she was) and not hear of it? BS!

Yep.  It's ABSOLUTELY a lie.  There isn't a Mormon kid alive who doesn't learn "Church history", and all about Brigham Young and Joseph Smith.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Of course this is the same woman who proclaimed in Season One, Episode One of this show that she'd never heard of polygamy before she met Kody and Meri, so I guess willful ignorance is just the way she gets through life.

Her first husband (Meri's brother) had three mothers, so how could Janelle have never heard of polygamy?  Or has she completely erased him from her mind, like Robyn erased her first husband from the fambly portrait?

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
On 4/27/2020 at 12:05 PM, Kohola3 said:

What the heck is wrong with just eating plain cantaloupe?  It's delicious unadorned!  Why does she have to make everything a production?

Well, maybe if it wasn't sweet or as tasty as it should be, I could see adding to it to make it taste better.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Well, maybe if it wasn't sweet or as tasty as it should be, I could see adding to it to make it taste better.  

Everything goes better with bacon or chocolate.  Maybe both.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

And chocolate covered bacon is heavenly.  We have a food truck carnival once a year that has hundreds of food trucks - and they have carnival rides for kids.  One year a truck sold chocolate covered bacon on a stick along with whatever else it was they sold (maybe BBQ burgers?  I don't remember.) They were $5.00 each and I bought five of them.  FIVE!  And I still get dreamy when I think back on how delicious those were.  The carnival is always in May, so obviously we won't be going this year.  OR to the Ren. Festival.  OR our giant water park.

• Love 6

I'll bet that Janelle was raised on the extra salt added to canned veggies, and the extra syrup added to canned fruit, so when she tastes fresh foods she doesn't like them.  Of course she could easily train her palate to prefer fresh over canned, but I'm guessing it would be far too much work for her...the woman who dragged her exercise bike into the middle of her living room so she'd remember to use it once in awhile, the woman who couldn't go for a walk because she couldn't find her special "walking shoes" packed away in a box for months, the woman who can't be arsed to chop her own veggies and claimed shock that one can, in fact, buy them already chopped.  I could go on and on but you all know the story.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Chocolate - nature's most perfect food.

On dark days, "It's What's For Dinner".  Will put a spring in your step and a smile on your face.🤩

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 4/30/2020 at 12:50 PM, Sandy W said:

Sounds like a well-balanced meal.  Protein and vegetables.  (Because chocolate comes from beans, right?)

• LOL 8
59 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Sounds like a well-balanced meal.  Protein and vegetables.  (Because chocolate comes from beans, right?)

Milk chocolate has the added benefit of calcium.  Can't go wrong there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2020 at 11:13 AM, laurakaye said:

I'll bet that Janelle was raised on the extra salt added to canned veggies, and the extra syrup added to canned fruit, so when she tastes fresh foods she doesn't like them.  Of course she could easily train her palate to prefer fresh over canned, but I'm guessing it would be far too much work for her...the woman who dragged her exercise bike into the middle of her living room so she'd remember to use it once in awhile, the woman who couldn't go for a walk because she couldn't find her special "walking shoes" packed away in a box for months, the woman who can't be arsed to chop her own veggies and claimed shock that one can, in fact, buy them already chopped.  I could go on and on but you all know the story.

I want to like this 100 times. Janelle is really, really dim when it comes to food—and she’s had long enough to learn FFS. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I know it's a personal taste thing so nothing against Janelle but that tablecloth pattern makes me dizzy just looking at it.

At first I thought is was a Persian-type rug and they were playing on the floor.  I wondered how Janelle was doing that.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Even if the farmer's market opens by next weekend, I hope that Janelle doesn't have to spend another Mother's Day eating a cupcake and drinking lemonade by herself.  She has some of her boys home now, maybe the kids can get together and organize a special day for her.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Another lovely Strive post will follow, with chipped plates and inedible slop Janelle will create from that produce.  Yay.

After the produce has had a chance to wilt, of course.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Another lovely Strive post will follow, with chipped plates and inedible slop Janelle will create from that produce.  Yay.

First she will let them wilt and moulder in the fridge for a couple of weeks before she looks up Rockstar ways to cook them to keep them out of the compost bin … at least until she tastes them.

ETA: We think alike, AZChristian.  LOL.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I feel bad for those beautiful vegetables. They will never be able to reach their full potential while in Janelle’s care. I am sure they will be put in an inedible smoothie so they can be photographed, cooked in cheap olive oil and then covered in nacho cheese and, if they are lucky, left to die a slow death behind unused almond milk in the fridge. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Even if the farmer's market opens by next weekend, I hope that Janelle doesn't have to spend another Mother's Day eating a cupcake and drinking lemonade by herself.  She has some of her boys home now, maybe the kids can get together and organize a special day for her.

Gosh, has it been a year already? Wow, how the time has flown!  🙂

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 8
On 5/1/2020 at 6:46 PM, Kohola3 said:

And dark chocolate has "anti-accidents" as well.

Next week's Strive post:

You guys!!  Did you know that dark chocolate is actually really good for you!!??  It's a total rockstar!  Soften it in the microwave and pour it over kale and broccoli to make it edible!  Melt it in a cup and drink it straight down!  Stir dark chocolate chips into your fave smoothie or - on those crazy days when walking back and forth to the mailbox is a massive undertaking - break off a hunk the size of your fist and just chow down!  And you don't even have to fill guilty, because it's full of anti-accidents!  I've also read that it's great for blood pressure and brain power and other stuff - look it up yourself if you don't believe me!  Finally, a food I can buy in bulk that won't go bad, LOLZ!!!

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

I sincerely hope she's okay.  One can never be too careful with skin abnormalities that don't clear up.

But I must say . . . in the middle of her explanation, she commented about this spot being "in the one spot where I've gotten my cold sores for decades."

She makes it sound like everyone gets cold sores frequently, and this is where she gets hers.

Am I different (having never had one), or is it normal to have cold sores that recur in the same spot for decades?

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I sincerely hope she's okay.  One can never be too careful with skin abnormalities that don't clear up.

But I must say . . . in the middle of her explanation, she commented about this spot being "in the one spot where I've gotten my cold sores for decades."

She makes it sound like everyone gets cold sores frequently, and this is where she gets hers.

Am I different (having never had one), or is it normal to have cold sores that recur in the same spot for decades?

First of all - I think I have had one cold sore (MAYBE two?) in my entire life.   Probably one.  So someone in that family is a carrier.

SECONDLY - she's had that chicken mcnugget for AWHILE now.  It never occurred to her to get that big old mound above her lip checked out until NOW?

• Love 17
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

SECONDLY - she's had that chicken mcnugget for AWHILE now.  It never occurred to her to get that big old mound above her lip checked out until NOW?

Right, it is like that McNugget supersized itself - how can you be that irresponsible not to notice it getting larger?  And if she has been getting cold sores for decades, it is probably from Kody. Robyn is always sporting one, thought it was her new fashion statement once she lost the t-shirt under the tank.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Yup, from the beginning of this show, it's been VERY apparent who the Cold Sore Queen was (and is.)  

Janelle, you never noticed a growth that wasn't there 10 years ago, growing on your face?  Do you not look in the mirror?  Didn't Kootie notice?  (OK, of course he didn't.)

Just sad, all around.

• Love 9
(edited)

Janelle has posted previously about seeing a dermatologist, no clue what it was for.

Seems odd to me, that monitoring and possible biopsy wouldn’t have been suggested sooner.

Forgot to add, the cancer she mentions can indeed spread.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7

Scar creams and herbal products.  No insurance to see a real doctor?  Or did someone tell her that these were "rockstar" options to treat a suspicious spot on your face that could be skin cancer?

• Love 8
55 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle, you never noticed a growth that wasn't there 10 years ago, growing on your face?  Do you not look in the mirror?  Didn't Kootie notice?  (OK, of course he didn't.)

I think we (as a group) all determined that Kody did indeed notice the chicken mgnugget - because he would only kiss her on her cheek - the OPPOSITE side of the growth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

She spent time and money on creams and herbal preparations? My skin is very light, and I've had two kinds of skin cancer. Small basal cell carcinomas are usually frozen off. Janelle might have avoided surgery if she had gone to the doctor earlier. I'm glad she finally got it taken care of, but as a "health" adviser, she should know better. Well, now she's on the yearly full-body skin check appointment schedule. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

She spent time and money on creams and herbal preparations? My skin is very light, and I've had two kinds of skin cancer. Small basal cell carcinomas are usually frozen off. Janelle might have avoided surgery if she had gone to the doctor earlier. I'm glad she finally got it taken care of, but as a "health" adviser, she should know better. Well, now she's on the yearly full-body skin check appointment schedule. 

No doubt that was part of her anti-traditional "ayrudevic" (I know I'm spelling that wrong) training as a certified health coach.
I'm glad she had it removed even though it's been a YEAR at least since it's been there! 
Creams and herbal preparations...meh.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

No doubt that was part of her anti-traditional "ayrudevic" (I know I'm spelling that wrong) training as a certified health coach.
I'm glad she had it removed even though it's been a YEAR at least since it's been there! 
Creams and herbal preparations...meh.

Honestly, who would take Janelle's health advice about anything? Her years of food and exercise revelations haven't done a thing to control her weight or increase her strength. Now, she treats an odd growth on her face with scar creams and herbs while it becomes huge and is diagnosed as a cancer that has to be cut out. She couldn't have thought that nugget was a cold sore.

It's like Yasabel's painful, drawn-out scolosis treatments that didn't work. Magical thinking rules in this fambly, and it's not always cheaper than a doctor's visit. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Mine always comes in the same spot.  Maybe once a year.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

But....maybe the chicken nugget wasn’t removed?  She said it was a scar where she got her cold sores.  Those are usually on the border of the lips! 

Good point, but that was a very large bandage on her face. If it was just the lip, however, she should have asked the doctor to do something about the growing nugget too. The Browns probably don't have medical insurance or much of it, but the way they rent/buy and furnish multiple mcmansions, you'd think they could scrape together enough to take care of such things. They're TV stars, after all. 

• Love 6
(edited)
40 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Good point, but that was a very large bandage on her face. If it was just the lip, however, she should have asked the doctor to do something about the growing nugget too. The Browns probably don't have medical insurance or much of it, but the way they rent/buy and furnish multiple mcmansions, you'd think they could scrape together enough to take care of such things. They're TV stars, after all. 

I totally read that as “the growLing nugget” 🤣
as in, it’s growling. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I had a small dot of basal cell removed from my collarbone (maybe a third of the size of a pencil eraser) but skin around the dot also needed to be removed, so I was shocked when I ended up with seven stitches.  But the fact that Janelle's was so prominent and in such an obvious location makes the fact that she waited so long to get it checked out really irresponsible.  I mean, heck - we were watching the show at home and measuring it ourselves, for crying out loud!  And if she's as lazy about caring for the wound as she is everything else, I doubt the scar will be "very very minimal."

Also, all one has to do is pick up a woman's magazine like three times in her lifetime to know that basal cell is extremely common and treatable.  As per usual, Janelle zombies through life in a perpetual state of willful ignorance.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I’m glad she caught it before it became more serious.

But about the cold sores—can’t remember the last time I had one. She gets them all the time? And the growth there didn’t worry her right away? We all noticed it and amongst ourselves suggested she go see someone about it. 

Janelle should not be giving health advice, period. She’s not smart enough. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

If I had something visibly growing on my face I would immediately schedule with my dermatologist. It’s not that hard - well, at least not for most people. Janelle is special in more than one way.

And she implied that she HAS a regular dermatologist. As in I went to see MY! dermatologist. I call bullshit on that because if she actually had a regular dermatologist he or she would've seen her on TV or the interwebs and called her immediately to get your ass in here and get that checked out. 

As it is, I find it amusing that people on Reddit are congratulating themselves for being the ones to bring it to Janelle's attention when it was most likely someone who knows her IRL. I could see Meri saying what the hell is that ugly thing on your face?!?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9