Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if the people she "coaches" are just like her, so instead of trying to make real changes, they commiserate with each other on how hard it is. It being anything.  

That's the only type of people I can think of that would follow or pay her for coaching.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I wonder if the people she "coaches" are just like her, so instead of trying to make real changes, they commiserate with each other on how hard it is. It being anything.  

I think this is exactly right.  I follow a SW group on FB and I never post anything, because for the most part those followers slavishly adore this family.  It stands to reason that those seeking out the advice of an overweight 50-year old woman who has shown absolutely no signs of weight loss or improving health are only in it to tell their friends that they follow a famous person for personal health management.

• Love 9
On 6/14/2020 at 10:24 AM, DakotaJustice said:

She was doing well for awhile with Trainer Sean, exercise-wise. He did try to get her to change her nutrition, which of course is the most difficult part when you're a food addict.

Once she hit a plateau, she lost her motivation. It also didn't help that Sean ended up cheating on his wife with a much younger woman, that seemed to be the excuse she needed as an out - but she could have found another trainer. She chose not to.

She left working out with Sean long before that happened.  I watch a woman on YouTube who has lost 100 pounds in 6 months doing Keto, portion control and after a while she started intermittent fasting.  She said after a while your not even hungry enough to eat what you portion out.  She eats no processed foods at all.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

If Janelle were really eating the way she portrays on social media and getting a little bit of exercise- the weight would be falling off. 

Thanks to menopause I was 30 pounds overweight for 6 years. For me, cutting out all wheat and most dairy products and avoiding sugar was the key. I try and do some form of exercise every day ( bike ride, walk, kayak). I’m 3 pounds away from my goal weight. I pay no attention to calories. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

For me, cutting out all wheat and most dairy products and avoiding sugar was the key. I try and do some form of exercise every day ( bike ride, walk, kayak). I’m 3 pounds away from my goal weight. I pay no attention to calories. 

Same here. I avoid all processed foods as well.

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, suomi said:

Today's bonus question: Which disturbed you more - the "art" on the wall or Janelle's mug?

I don't know, I kept looking back and forth between them until they melded into something horrible, worthy of a nightmare.  Geez, Janelle - why post a picture where your tongue looks like it could envelop your entire head?

And if you have a trashy piece of crap art in the shot and you have to explain it away....take it down.  Dogs playing pool on velvet would've been a better choice.

4 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Why am I not surprised that Janelle is too lazy to hang her art straight?

And is that a dead bug on the wall behind her or a nail she was too lazy to pull out?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 11
(edited)

I love the pool playing dog paintings! 

And it's already mid June. She's just now getting to taxes? And if she's such a mental accounting genius why do they need a CPA? 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I love the pool playing dog paintings! 

And it's already mid June. She's just now getting to taxes? And if she's such a mental accounting genius why do they need a CPA? 

The deadline was extended. Many people I know haven’t filed yet. Not that I am a fan of Janelle. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

And if they are using a CPA, why not just let the CPA do everything from scratch?  Or was this the first time her calculations showed money owing, rather than refunds for all?  Many of their little tax deductions and failed businesses have flown the coop.

Did Robyn's hobby business end in 2019? or 2018?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Maybe they pay quarterly. A lot of self-employed people do that. Not that they are employed...

• Love 8

What a terrible picture to post.  Ugh.

I too wonder, if they have a CPA, what does Janelle have to "get ready" for him/her?

I am OCD about pictures hanging straight on the wall.  Obviously, she isn't and yes, is that a fly she swatted on the wall?  Double ugh.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Did Robyn's hobby business end in 2019? or 2018?

March of 2019 was when the "we are restocking" went up on the website and when Robyn went dark on social media. I remember watching the show and wandering if that moment would be on the show or if she would have changed at some point.  But just all the whinging about rentals and big houses.

As for Janelle's "art".  I know art is subjective, but that is the kind of thing you buy as a passive aggressive gift for someone you dislike.  Or something you hang in a guest bedroom of someone you want never to return.  It makes me think of a dark, haunted earth mother of the underworld...

• Love 9
(edited)

With their unthinkably complicated tax situation, someone in the family definitely would have to prep documents and so forth before giving to a CPA. Not sure it is worthy of the tongue though. Reminds me of beef tongue!

ETA I looked at the "art" piece up close - it is sooo ugly! Makes her cowboy boot lamp look beautiful by comparison. She really has zero taste.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
17 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

It looks like a view into a dark, slimy toilet bowl to me, but I use prints of vintage maps as art on my walls so what do I know. 

I totally see the dark slimy toilet bowl you speak of

image.png.222df97ce4328dda68c184b68b5688fb.png

Is that one of Janelle's farmer's market rouge pea stuck on the wall ?

• LOL 19
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a terrible picture to post.  Ugh.

It looks like something that was made to be put on a wall in the yard, not for inside.   Looks more like a garden plaque of some sort  than indoor "art."

I have a houseful of old oil paintings of ancestors and landscapes, and I feel like a museum curator wondering who will get stuck with them when I die since so far we have no grandchildren.  I guess they will go to cousins.   Sigh.....

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Slowed down?  Slowed down from what?  No job, doesn't clean the house, doesn't do volunteer work or we would all hear about it hourly, Doesn't "do" Kody, Doesn't do laundry, doesn't have hobbies other than photographing limp, old vegetables to look as unattractive as possible, few kids at home.  ATF?

Well... 90 Day Fiance Before the 90 Days ended, so maybe she has more time on her hands now?

• LOL 12
On 6/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, Kyanight said:

Well... 90 Day Fiance Before the 90 Days ended, so maybe she has more time on her hands now?

is she watching that franchise?   I got sucked into it last summer when I saw the ads with Jenny and I envisioned the Exotic Marigold hotel in India.   Ha!!!  I love the live chats, but it really cuts into my real life.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Twopper said:

is she watching that franchise?   I got sucked into it last summer when I saw the ads with Jenny and I envisioned the Exotic Marigold hotel in India.   Ha!!!  I love the live chats, but it really cuts into my real life.

I am hooked too!  I do the live chat reading during commercials.  Otherwise I’d miss the whole show!

• Love 3
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nothing new, to have a slow-down life, where Janelle is concerned.  Her so-called "adjustment" had to be minimal, at best.  Business as usual.

Unless Janelle has a job in addition to Strive, I can't believe she is that busy.  Two teenagers at home that can do for themselves, how fast paced can her life be?

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Unless Janelle has a job in addition to Strive, I can't believe she is that busy.  Two teenagers at home that can do for themselves, how fast paced can her life be?

I picture Janelle as the human version of the Slowskys. Only not as witty.

ETA: I could've used the "slow turkey" smoking cessation commercial, but I can't imagine ol' Janelle clicking her heels at any time.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nothing new, to have a slow-down life, where Janelle is concerned.  Her so-called "adjustment" had to be minimal, at best.  Business as usual.

Not true at all!!  She probably couldn't do her three times daily fast food runs for a few weeks there.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

REV up the deep grease fryer and get the bread crumbs ready!

Right? I can't imagine our Janelle taking to zucchini without something to make it taste less like zucchini (which she did). I like to cut it into long slabs and grill it on high for a couple minutes each side. Reminds me my own zukes are going to be producing here soon! Summer food is the best. 

• Love 8

It's nice to see them bonding and doing something positive for their health.  I wonder what they chat about on their walks, surely they are not comparing notes on Kody's visitation rotation.  Would it be too much to hope that Christine may offer Janelle (the Health Coach) some tips on the diet and exercise program that worked for her?

Oh, and I hope Christine has slathered on some sunscreen, she's looking mighty red there.

• Love 14

You know, when I was young and skinny and thought I was fat, I used to run. What kept me going was the thought of the giant bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups I had at home.  “One more mile and I’m home!  Peanut Butter Cups are waiting for me!”I’d run, recover, and eat those things. 

I bet Janelle is the same. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

You know, when I was young and skinny and thought I was fat, I used to run. What kept me going was the thought of the giant bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups I had at home.  “One more mile and I’m home!  Peanut Butter Cups are waiting for me!”I’d run, recover, and eat those things. 

I bet Janelle is the same. 

LOL that was me but it was a 1 lb box of See's candy in the cupboard! Multiple 10K's and a few 1/2 marathons...  love my See's but now in MT no See's...😪 Just as well, it would kill my diabetes!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

LOL that was me but it was a 1 lb box of See's candy in the cupboard! Multiple 10K's and a few 1/2 marathons...  love my See's but now in MT no See's...😪 Just as well, it would kill my diabetes!

I remember Sees!!  They used to have stores in the indoor shopping malls!   

I remember indoor shopping malls......

Anyway, they were so good!

• Love 4