Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SuzWhat said:

What is the (gross) phrase?  Lie back and think of England”?

My ex used to say "Throw a flag over it and do it for Old Glory."  

• LOL 12
On 6/30/2020 at 3:13 PM, Kyanight said:

LOL you snot!  What I meant was... if he can't even bring himself to KISS her... how did the rest happen?  I don't care HOW dark it is in my bedroom, if I'm not attracted to someone - it aint happening!

On 6/30/2020 at 3:17 PM, Kohola3 said:

Well, I guess it's not like any physical attraction is needed.  Nor does it have to be face-to-face.

(I will show myself out now.)

lol

Kody just puts his hair into a pony tail, wears tight pants and brings cake...and then Janelle growls...and...the rest just happens. 😂

19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

CBE5082A-FC34-4340-B6BD-326C78546D48.jpeg

AC540B06-914A-4F15-9829-620E6B14F6A6.jpeg

I love Yarrow! 

• LOL 6
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Kody just puts his hair into a pony tail, wears tight pants and brings cake...and then Janelle growls...and...the rest just happens.

I was thinking more along the lines of what a dog Kootie is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

So we went from "look at the pretty plant growing out of the cement, awww - it reminds me of a life lesson but I'm too tired to think it all the way through" to "DO NOT TOUCH THE PRETTY PLANT I POSTED IT MIGHT BE POISON IDK QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH SOCRATES OOH LOOK HOW SMART I AM AND ALSO I AM NOT A DOCTOR I JUST GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE BUT DO NOT TOUCH THE PLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNT!!!!"

This woman needs to put down the phone, the laptop, and the iPad and back away slowly before she kills someone.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

So we went from "look at the pretty plant growing out of the cement, awww - it reminds me of a life lesson but I'm too tired to think it all the way through" to "DO NOT TOUCH THE PRETTY PLANT I POSTED IT MIGHT BE POISON IDK QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH SOCRATES OOH LOOK HOW SMART I AM AND ALSO I AM NOT A DOCTOR I JUST GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE BUT DO NOT TOUCH THE PLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNT!!!!"

This woman needs to put down the phone, the laptop, and the iPad and back away slowly before she kills someone.

We have Meri who almost exclusively takes photos of only herself (and Mariah who does the same) and then we have Janelle who only takes photos of food and things she thinks COULD be edible.  I'm glad she learned about hemlock before she picked it and deep fried it and tossed in some olives and feta cheese on top for lunch.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm glad she learned about hemlock before she picked it and deep fried it and tossed in some olives and feta cheese on top for lunch.

Smothered in ranch dressing.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 7/1/2020 at 5:54 AM, ginger90 said:

“I am not sure”:  Janelle does this way too much. The words she uses imply a deep lack of confidence. Same with her “I-don’t-know-about-you-but” posts. 

The woman has zero confidence with food and nutrition. All these years of learning and she still walks on eggshells. It’s just not the right fit for her. She’d be better suited giving tax advice, not apologetic, I’m-not-sure-what-I’m-doing fitness and food advice. 

Janelle. Stop. Yes, it gives us snarking material but at this point, she’s never going to progress beyond where she’s at and it’s just.......sad. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I'm glad she learned about hemlock before she picked it and deep fried it and tossed in some olives and feta cheese on top for lunch.

Don't forget the first step, dip it in a thick batter before the deep fryer.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I've never understood people who think the world awaits with anticipation and bated breath to hear about everything they ingest for the day.  Is it because they are "famous"?  People PAY Janelle to hear about what she eats and where she walked (IF she walked that day.)  She sees power lines and trees and plants.  Then we have Meri posting constant photos of herself.  Is this a case of inflated ego - or what?

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Is this a case of inflated ego - or what?

Delusions of grandeur coupled with the fact that there are squads of sad, lonely people out there who follow that crap and post adoring comments.  There are lots of movie stars that I admire for their talent but that doesn't mean I hang on their every word (well, except maybe Robert Redford) and live for their advice.  Says a lot about this insane world in which we live.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Anyone who takes advice on what/how to eat from Janelle may be eligible for the Darwin Awards.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

I don't believe that she refused take-out earlier, especially if she was on a productive streak or getting tired.  But then, I can't imagine what she's producing or how turning off a light and a 2-step walk to the next room could add to any tiredness, especially if she had been sitting all day.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I'm hung up on the part where she microwaved the cauliflower in the plastic bag. I have used a microwave occasionally when staying with friends or at Airbnbs that have them - but microwaving something in a plastic bag? No way. Many years ago I used to boil certain frozen vegetables that you boil in the plastic pouch they come in, but that was long before I read about the dangers of plastic. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Many years ago I used to boil certain frozen vegetables that you boil in the plastic pouch they come in, but that was long before I read about the dangers of plastic. 

I don't have any plastic of any kind in my kitchen.  My radiation oncologist sat me down and explained the dangers when I was diagnosed 10 years ago and out it all went.  Never anything hot in plastic, EVER.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't have any plastic of any kind in my kitchen.  My radiation oncologist sat me down and explained the dangers when I was diagnosed 10 years ago and out it all went.  Never anything hot in plastic, EVER.

EXACTLY!!  And while we are on the subject - Margarine is one component (or whatever you call it) away from plastic.  My oldest daughter had a full 4 year scholarship to School of Mines and she used to get upset with me for using margarine.  So now I use Kerry Gold butter.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

8DCC1C9F-B648-4897-98B7-9B475F2DF5DF.jpeg

CEAFEA4E-FED4-4E28-9087-9D1C68FEA69E.jpeg

I thought dogs shouldn’t eat garlic, chives, or salt and pepper? Yes, no?

I admittedly love “cauliflower potatoes”.  They’re best in a blender or food processor, however, as even cooked cauliflower is difficult to “mash”. I’ve made them for thanksgiving and they were eaten by all (yes I’m the jerk who makes healthier food choices for turkey day) 🙂

I can’t pick on Janelle too much for this one, depending on how much sour cream she wound up adding, it’s better than Fritos. 

• Love 6

I love roasting cauliflower in the oven. Not only is it good mashed, but you can mix it with meat and other veggies instead of noodles to make healthy casseroles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Sadly I have always had issues with the cruciferous veggies. I know that they are good for you but, ugh, the aftereffects!

I hear you (no pun intended)😅.  I love most of them, but my digestive system doesn't react well when I eat them.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 7/1/2020 at 8:56 PM, ginger90 said:

Probably in response to this:

37C85292-F5F8-4246-9DAE-14190F5315CA.jpeg

There’s this:

A6295FB5-869F-4622-9A44-3AC25DF2F69C.jpeg

37372884-8366-4268-8F61-C996FA95C4A5.jpeg

7566EA80-271D-4C0B-8E61-F3BBD10D3FBE.jpeg

2C16409B-30AC-40DE-AB64-974AD5D71BC1.jpeg

86B0C5CB-71A1-4035-83AC-C7A9F310AD63.jpeg

Oh Janelle.....🙄

When posting photos to warn people of potential poisonous or toxic plants please take a good f***in photo!!!  Also....maybe...just maybe....put the one single most important fact on identifying the difference between yarrow, water hemlock and queen anne's lace.... (and field parsnip for that matter...) is the fact that yarrow is a dry growing plant.  That's why it was in that sidewalk crack...it likes dry meadows and fields where water hemlock...grows around water and swamps.  Queen Anne's lace has a distinctive stem and the scent of carrots.  Also when you learn to tell the difference with just the leaves they are VERY different looking and the growth habits are very different.  She needs to add to her disclaimer that she is also NOT a qualified herbal practitioner...         ...sigh

4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

EXACTLY!!  And while we are on the subject - Margarine is one component (or whatever you call it) away from plastic.  My oldest daughter had a full 4 year scholarship to School of Mines and she used to get upset with me for using margarine.  So now I use Kerry Gold butter.  

Yep...which is why it is bad for mayonnaise to be in plastic containers.  The components of oil and the plastic are so closely related that the plastic can easily travel into the oil.  I am ....this... close to only making mayo at home because the one little glass jar left on the shelves is no longer there.  I am assuming because it is hard to get glass jars with COVID due to supply issues coming out of India/China.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Sadly I have always had issues with the cruciferous veggies. I know that they are good for you but, ugh, the aftereffects!

Oh that makes me sad for you. That's one thing I can indulge in with no ill effects! Bowls of cruciferous and no gas/pain. Dairy, on the other hand? Not so much. Once in a while, however, I will have ice cream (after effects be damned, I just stay home lol).

• LOL 5
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh that makes me sad for you. That's one thing I can indulge in with no ill effects! Bowls of cruciferous and no gas/pain. Dairy, on the other hand? Not so much. Once in a while, however, I will have ice cream (after effects be damned, I just stay home lol).

I love baked beans.  Love them.  I had them a few weeks ago and oh boy. My 49 year old body can’t handle them anymore.  Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot.  

Frequency hasn't increased with age but the intensity, oof. You say social distancing, I say I was raised right. If we could harness that energy we could get where we're going quicker and with less effort. I hope someone is working on that and I hope I live long enough to see it. 

• LOL 7
54 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

The more you toot, the better you feel, so eat beans for every meal.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:
2 hours ago, Meowwww said:

The more you toot, the better you feel, so eat beans for every meal.

By jove, I think I see the formula for successful social distancing.  An hour or two before leaving the house I will eat a big bowl of beans, and then discretely drop a silent bomb when people feel they need to huddle too close to me.  

"You think you are going to enter my space?  And you see no need for a mask?   HA! WRONG!   Take that!  I hope you get dizzy and pass out!  Yeah, I'll bet you wear a mask NEXT time you leave the house, eh buddy? And keep your distance, too!   There's plenty more where THAT came from!"

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4
On 7/3/2020 at 6:27 PM, Meowwww said:

I love baked beans.  Love them.  I had them a few weeks ago and oh boy. My 49 year old body can’t handle them anymore.  Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat the more you toot.  

As people age, they gradually produce fewer digestive enzymes. This can lead to increased difficulties with digestion of certain foods.

You might be surprised at what a difference a digestive enzyme taken with meal can make. I've had really good results with these:  https://www.vitacost.com/source-naturals-daily-essential-enzymes-500-mg-240-capsules-16

• Useful 10
  • Love 3

So who wants to pay $20 for a personal message from Janelle?  Form an orderly line, ladies. I can’t even type this without laughing 😂 

• LOL 24
(edited)
6 hours ago, Kbo said:

So who wants to pay $20 for a personal message from Janelle?  Form an orderly line, ladies. I can’t even type this without laughing 😂 

Hahaha lol.  Um, I don't think she quite understands Cameo. The messages are supposed to be humorous/uplifting/entertaining etc.

I've seen some of the ones that Annie and David from 90Day Fiance have posted on their IG. They are hilarious. If I were going to purchase a Cameo, which I'm not, I'd buy one of theirs.

ETA: I looked at her 'pitch". OMG her lipstick is not even on straight. It bunches up on the side below where her chicken mcnugget used to be. Christine should jump on this idea though - through her LLR, I bet she'd sell Cameos. She has the right personality for it and could feature her girls jumping on furniture in the background.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kbo said:
So who wants to pay $20 for a personal message from Janelle?  

Originally I misread this as massage😳

I can't imagine her having the energy to deliver a worthwhile message, let alone a massage. 

• LOL 12
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Hahaha lol.  Um, I don't think she quite understands Cameo. The messages are supposed to be humorous/uplifting/entertaining etc.

ETA: I looked at her 'pitch". OMG her lipstick is not even on straight. It bunches up on the side below where her chicken nugget used to be. Christine should jump on this idea though - through her LLR, I bet she'd sell Cameos. She has the right personality for it and could feature her girls jumping on furniture in the background.

I was surprised that these grifters didn't catch onto this earlier.  (They better draw the line before Fans Only.)  Christine should be doing it for the $50K surgery.  However, in Janelle's case, it could ultimately compete against Strive.  A customer could pay $20 for a personalized cameo, instead of $35 for a coaching session.  I'm sure her repertoire of messages and her level of engagement are the same for both.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Kbo said:

I can't even read this without laughing! How much do the 90DF people ask for? $20 for a freaking Instagram type video? Please.

• LOL 7
On 7/3/2020 at 12:53 PM, Roslyn said:

Oh Janelle.....🙄

When posting photos to warn people of potential poisonous or toxic plants please take a good f***in photo!!!  Also....maybe...just maybe....put the one single most important fact on identifying the difference between yarrow, water hemlock and queen anne's lace.... (and field parsnip for that matter...) is the fact that yarrow is a dry growing plant.  That's why it was in that sidewalk crack...it likes dry meadows and fields where water hemlock...grows around water and swamps.  Queen Anne's lace has a distinctive stem and the scent of carrots.  Also when you learn to tell the difference with just the leaves they are VERY different looking and the growth habits are very different.  She needs to add to her disclaimer that she is also NOT a qualified herbal practitioner...         ...sigh

Yep...which is why it is bad for mayonnaise to be in plastic containers.  The components of oil and the plastic are so closely related that the plastic can easily travel into the oil.  I am ....this... close to only making mayo at home because the one little glass jar left on the shelves is no longer there.  I am assuming because it is hard to get glass jars with COVID due to supply issues coming out of India/China.

So, I just had a sandwich with Hellman’s mayo squeezed out of a plastic bottle.  I wish I had read this first. 

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

So, I just had a sandwich with Hellman’s mayo squeezed out of a plastic bottle.  I wish I had read this first. 

Yeah, but in the greater scheme of life, is the Hellman's/Best Foods Mayo going to kill you or Covid/Flu/old age/cancer etc etc etc. How much mayo do you have to eat to kill yourself with it...I wager to think a whole lot more than you put on a sandwich or two in the course of  a week.

• Love 8
On 7/3/2020 at 8:52 AM, TurtlePower said:

I admittedly love “cauliflower potatoes”.  They’re best in a blender or food processor, however, as even cooked cauliflower is difficult to “mash”. I’ve made them for thanksgiving and they were eaten by all (yes I’m the jerk who makes healthier food choices for turkey day) 🙂

I steam my cauliflower (fresh or fresh-frozen then throw it in my Magic Bullet with some salt and real butter.  Yum. But I also have some protein to go along with it.

Precut cauliflower is usually old and dried out, yet costs more than a fresh head.  How hard is it to cut? 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I steam my cauliflower (fresh or fresh-frozen then throw it in my Magic Bullet with some salt and real butter.  Yum. But I also have some protein to go along with it.

Precut cauliflower is usually old and dried out, yet costs more than a fresh head.  How hard is it to cut? 

Janelle probably doesn't own a sharp knife anyway. It's way too much work. Big sigh.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

That's why the produce dept. pre-cuts it, they trim off the wilted outer leaves and florets that have turned brown.  Same with broccoli.

How hard is it to cut...reminds me of a single gal pal of mine that would take her turnip/rutabaga to the meat dept., bat her eyes at the butcher and ask him to cut it into quarter sections for her.  Oh, and don't forget to wipe your knife clean before you cut...worked every time for her.

• LOL 7

Sample cameo:

"Hello!  It's Janelle!  How are you?  I'm sitting in my car with the AC on but I'm thinking about getting out and going for a walk!  And after that, I'm going to think about how to use the now-liquified bag of kale that I got from the farmer's market three weeks ago.  I think I might sautee it in bacon grease and top it with ghee, nutmeg and a dollop of sour cream.  I think that might be good!  In fact - if you wouldn't mind looking up a recipe for me and emailing it to StriveWithJanelle@gmail.com, I would appreciate it!  After all, I woke up early to send you this cameo, so really you owe me something back.  $20 doesn't go very far these days, after all.  A couple of Big Macs and an extra-large chocolate shake and BOOM - it's spent!  So anyway, I gotta go since it's now too hot to walk - thank you very much.  Planning this cameo took up so much of my day and threw my entire schedule into disarray so now I might as well just go back to bed.  So that's all you get.  Byeeeeeee!"

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

I usually break it apart with my fingers. Same with broccoli. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I massage my kale too but the difference is I wear disposable gloves when I do it. Even washing hands you don't know if there's still germs under your fingernails. Ick. 

I sincerely doubt that Janelle would spend another 20 seconds with a nailbrush, like the ones OR doctors use before surgery, to clean her fingernails appropriately for massaging anything.  And what are the chances that she washed her left hand again after using it to take the massage photo? 

• Love 1