Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BF95048F-18DF-4A56-AE23-ED1C210E98FA.jpeg

32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Screenshot from a video, 3 weeks ago :

C0AB9D8A-870A-40EB-A4BD-1A0830AD4EC6.jpeg

Hold on.  The bandage in the picture is on the left side of her face.  The big growth is on the right.  Is one of the pictures flipped or is the growth NOT what was removed?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The one she took is reversed.  You can see that there is nothing growing on the unbandaged side.

Well, duh.  Not very observant, am I!

• Love 2

Is the video from an airing of Sister Wives or from her social media? Trying to gauge how recent it is.

In any case, like others have said, I cannot believe she didn’t see a dr about it sooner. The only reason I can think of is that she literally has such little medical knowledge that a skin growth didn’t register. And, like others have said, if she, a pale person, didn’t know to get that checked, it makes the fact she considers herself a health coach...I don’t know, I am at a loss for words.

Who here thinks she sees a dr and is in any way screened for diabetes?

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, duh.  Not very observant, am I!

I had to look at it twice.  All I got from the first look was something is wrong. 😀

One of the cancers I had removed was on my shoulder and I didn't notice it. When the dr. showed me, I was surprised how tiny it was. However, excising it and the surrounding tissue resulted in a scar that's over an inch long. Since this was on her face, she might have had Mohs surgery. It's expensive but greatly reduces the scarring. I wonder if Kody will shell out for the cosmetic approach. If there's a three-inch scar, and a chunk of her lip missing, he didn't. 

How did she let that thing grow so big? She claims to use sunscreen, so she must know about skin cancer. Yes, health coach indeed. It's probably time to take down that shingle and go into another profession. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Is the video from an airing of Sister Wives or from her social media? Trying to gauge how recent it is.

It was a live video on her Strive Facebook page.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

How did she let that thing grow so big? She claims to use sunscreen, so she must know about skin cancer. Yes, health coach indeed. It's probably time to take down that shingle and go into another profession. 

Looking at that photo, I'm once again shocked at how big it got.  I have to wonder if any of the adults in the family mentioned it to her, or just ignored it and hoped it would go away on its own....kind of like they do with Meri.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
On 5/1/2020 at 6:46 PM, Kohola3 said:

And dark chocolate has "anti-accidents" as well.

Maybe Janelle has discovered a way for people to age in place, even if the place has stairs and throw rugs. 

She may be smarter than we think. 

• LOL 7
5 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

One of the cancers I had removed was on my shoulder and I didn't notice it. When the dr. showed me, I was surprised how tiny it was. However, excising it and the surrounding tissue resulted in a scar that's over an inch long. Since this was on her face, she might have had Mohs surgery. It's expensive but greatly reduces the scarring. I wonder if Kody will shell out for the cosmetic approach. If there's a three-inch scar, and a chunk of her lip missing, he didn't. 

But she said scarring would be "very very minimal". 

Guess we'll have to wait and see about that. 

I'm with the rest of y'all wondering how she let this go on over at least a year?!? 

"I thought it was just a scar." I'm no MD but scars don't look all bubbly like that, I don't think.

• Love 7

16 basal cell carcinomas, one squamous cell, two malignant melanomas and four MOHS surgeries here. The minute I see something different, I watch it for one month. If it is still there, off to my derm I go. Regardless, I see the doc every six months for a full check.

These people are idiots when it comes to medical situations. Even after 11 years in the public eye, getting critiqued for everything they do, they still haven't gotten a clue. Some things you just don't ignore.

• Love 19
22 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

And she implied that she HAS a regular dermatologist. As in I went to see MY! dermatologist. I call bullshit on that because if she actually had a regular dermatologist he or she would've seen her on TV or the interwebs and called her immediately to get your ass in here and get that checked out. 

I wouldn't put too much stock into this. People do this all the time--Karen gets upset at a grocery store and suddenly it's I'M CALLING MAH LAWYER when you know they don't have a lawyer on retainer, they just want to abuse some poor service worker.

Meanwhile, I--and plenty of others on this board--have a string of dermatologists for cosmetic and health reasons, but I don't worry too much if my regular derm is unavailable. I may go to her colleague if she's not free, but I'll still say "my dermatologist" sometimes. I don't really think about it.

Re cold sores, I have never had one, but my understanding is that they can recur in the same place if you're under stress or your immune system is not working so hot? 

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Re cold sores, I have never had one, but my understanding is that they can recur in the same place if you're under stress or your immune system is not working so hot? 

Or you have a sister wife (Robyn) who has them chronically and your husband kisses her and spreads it to you constantly.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Or you have a sister wife (Robyn) who has them chronically and your husband kisses her and spreads it to you constantly.   

I have heard sister wives say that a pregnancy is the physical manifestation of intimacy between a plyg man and his wives...well, so is a cold sore.  I would hate to look across the dinner table at the sprouting herpes on my sister-wife's lip and know that in a couple of days, it's coming my way.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

There are many reasons to dislike polygamy, and yet the Browns manage to show things I never would have thought of.  

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m thinking she’s doing this too early?

Seems like it to me because of the altitude but I may be wrong.   In the northern part of the lower peninsula of MI we don't plant until Memorial Day.

• Love 1
Just now, Kohola3 said:

Seems like it to me because of the altitude but I may be wrong.   In the northern part of the lower peninsula of MI we don't plant until Memorial Day.

Here too, in Pennsylvania. 

• Love 1

My tomatoes are already 2-3 feet high. I started the seeds the week before super bowl, and transplanted them to containers (tomato barrels!) about a month or so ago.

Janelle doesn't know apparently that tomatoes NEED sun. Planting them in the shade...

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Unfortunately, I have had recurring cold sores/fever blisters since I was a child.  They are caused by the herpes simplex virus 1 and once you have it, you never lose it.  I've also had shingles and postherpetic neuralgia (PHN) (cause by herpes zoster virus) and both are exacerbated by suppressed immune system and stress. 

I get a cold sore/fever blister almost every time I have a fever or a PHN bout and have to take Acyclovir (anti-viral) in order to help it go away faster and not scar.  But I have NEVER in my life had any scar that looks even remotely like Janell's growth!

Two years ago, I had a basal cell carcinoma removed from the top of my head (baseball games with no hat!).  I had it frozen off 3 times but it kept growing back and bigger than before.  I had to have stitches and it left a dent in my head about the size of a dime.  lol  

Hate to say it, but she's an idiot for not having that thing checked much, much sooner.  I couldn't even see the one on my head at first but having a bump wasn't normal, so I went to my doctor within a month of the first growth.  

She definitely needs her "health" coach pass revoked. Stat. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 15

Ughhh, I admit I haven't been following this thread for a while but I was railing on all last season about that thing on Janelle's lip in the episode threads, and obviously it wasn't even as big then as it got recently.  It just boggles my mind how this woman wouldn't think she needed to see a dermatologist about it oh like maybe a YEAR AGO?  Even I could see that from my armchair from videos of her on TV that it looked like something she should check out.  Who would even think that thing looked like Herpes?  All she would need to do is google photos of Herpes and she would see that it doesn't look anything like it!  Plus it kept growing and didn't go away like Herpes does eventually.  If she had Herpes before she would know that!!!  And NO ONE in the family kept after her to go to the doctor either?  She only went after strangers on SM kept pushing her?  I mean, it's just freaking unbelievable with these people!!!

• Love 10
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I’m thinking she’s doing this too early?

Well. Flagstaff is a 5b USDA zone so it will all depend on the microclimate. In 5b I wouldn't put the warm crops like she mentioned, tomatoes, basil, cukes and zucchini out until after June 1 unless there is a warm (stable) micro climate.  She could have peas, lettuce, kale, broccoli, spinach, spring onions and cabbages out for sure.  Basil will be dead in a 40F chill and tomatoes might live but it will stunt them.

I am hoping the shade means that it is just a morning or evening photo and there is more sun during the day.  Those plants need 6-8 hours of direct full sun per day.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

How much of the planting was done by the kids home from school & the military?  A year ago Janelle was raving about the raised beds that she was on the verge of planting a garden in, yet she did nothing with them. I had assumed that was because they were at her old rental, but no, they were right here for last year's growing season too.   

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

How much of the planting was done by the kids home from school & the military?  A year ago Janelle was raving about the raised beds that she was on the verge of planting a garden in, yet she did nothing with them. I had assumed that was because they were at her old rental, but no, they were right here for last year's growing season too.   

I just remember in Vegas when she was finally clearing out the old plants and was excited to find some old grape tomatoes on the ground that she was going to eat with her lunch that day. Ick. 

• LOL 4
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

just remember in Vegas when she was finally clearing out the old plants and was excited to find some old grape tomatoes on the ground that she was going to eat with her lunch that day. Ick. 

Well, they actually could have been perfectly fine tomatoes.  They were probably "volunteer" plants that grew from seeds in the untended garden.  Safe to consume.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 4/10/2019 at 3:29 PM, ginger90 said:

Someone asked Janelle if she started her garden.....

183035CF-B75B-491F-9C73-B68A2D5EC86B.jpeg

🤦‍♀️

Quoting myself. I wonder if this will be the year of the composter.

• LOL 8
(edited)

Rather than letting veggies wilt & fruits get moldy in the fridge, she can put them in the composter as soon as she gets home from the Farmer's Market.  And of course everything that gets killed by a frost or withers on the vine will go in there too.  Maybe Kody is not as dumb as I thought - if she is starting a garden she will need a composter when the inevitable happens.

I wonder if Kootie gave her the composter for her birthday, Christmas or Mother's Day? 

Most people would have a yard sale or take things they never use to Goodwill, not pay to transport and park them in UHauls every time they move.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, they actually could have been perfectly fine tomatoes.  They were probably "volunteer" plants that grew from seeds in the untended garden.  Safe to consume.

I'd have to find the original post - it's in this thread somewhere! If memory serves they were just lying on the ground, not on bushes, but I'm 57 and the old grey matter ain't what it used to be.   😞

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'd have to find the original post - it's in this thread somewhere! If memory serves they were just lying on the ground, not on bushes, but I'm 57 and the old grey matter ain't what it used to be.   😞

It may be this Instagram post you’re thinking of. This was posted in March, 2018.

• Love 4
(edited)

OMG YOU GUYS! On this week's Surviving Sister Wives they talked about Janelle's "mole" - I was waiting to hear then refer to it as the Mcnugget but no dice 😳

Now they're saying to Robyn "get your neck checked".  😂😂

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7

She can't work out with a couple of stitches on her lip?  I've got to give her credit for the most creative excuses for not exercising!!  🤣

Hope she doesn't get a hangnail - that will set her back another two weeks at least! 😲 

• LOL 18
  • Love 1

You can't work out with stitches in your lip? I worked out 2 weeks after breaking my freaking arm. Take THAT Janelle you wimp.

She is beyond pathetic.

Oh how I miss the gym. ☹️

• Love 10
39 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

You can't work out with stitches in your lip? I worked out 2 weeks after breaking my freaking arm. Take THAT Janelle you wimp.

She is beyond pathetic.

Oh how I miss the gym. ☹️

you and me both!  I was in the gym a week after the cast came off after breaking my ankle a year ago (of course I wasn't SPINNING or anything like that but I was able to lift upper body weights...)

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

‘Surprisingly reluctant’ 😂 

Anyone here surprised by her reluctancy? *crickets*

I’m surprised she used the word surprised to describe her reluctance. Should have read: “I was reluctant as usual to return to sweaty workouts. You all know I prefer the couch.” 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, CocoPuffs said:

If I was Janelle, I’d be pissed to get this [relatively] crummy backyard while Robyn got a McMansion. At least Christine got a nice view. Plus, the OGs have put up with Kody’s crap way longer than Robyn and way before the TLC money came along. Just sad how this woman is such a doormat and doesn’t even realize it or care.

This is Janelle's second rental in Flagstaff, in a bad part of town by reports I have read.  She claimed that she took this rental because it is closer to the rest of the family, but truth be told, it's more likely because this one is a bungalow, where her first rental was 2 storey.

Huff, Puff, Huff, Puff up and down those stairs several times a day.  Good for the glutes but hard on Janelle's lungs.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

This is Janelle's second rental in Flagstaff, in a bad part of town by reports I have read.  She claimed that she took this rental because it is closer to the rest of the family, but truth be told, it's more likely because this one is a bungalow, where her first rental was 2 storey.

Huff, Puff, Huff, Puff up and down those stairs several times a day.  Good for the glutes but hard on Janelle's lungs.

Yea. She said it was closer, but that was back before Robyn bought the big house.  So now Janelle is reasonably close to Meri.  Now that Christine and Robyn both live out by the property at Coyote Pass...Janelle lives close to...Meri's mostly empty rental.

• Love 6
(edited)

I had a shorn off ACL that was replaced with a piece of my patellar tendon.  Physio on day three included getting on the exercycle with light tension.  I wonder if Janelle even sets the tension or if she just spins the pedals with no resistance.

I can understand not doing headstands or downward dogs after a mcnuggetectomy (blood rushing to the area might put stress on stitches), but no cycling? The beauty of cycling is that you can vary the resistance and start out light with no heavy sweating. Just getting your circulation going is good for your health.  The fact that this "health coach" doesn't know this also makes me think she doesn't know how to set the resistance.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
(edited)
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

I had a shorn off ACL that was replaced with a piece of my patellar tendon.  Physio on day three included getting on the exercycle with light tension.  I wonder if Janelle even sets the tension or if she just spins the pedals with no resistance.

I can understand not doing headstands or downward dogs after a mcnuggetectomy (blood rushing to the area might put stress on stitches), but no cycling? The beauty of cycling is that you can vary the resistance and start out light with no heavy sweating. Just getting your circulation going is good for your health.  The fact that this "health coach" doesn't know this also makes me think she doesn't know how to set the resistance.

Can I say ouch after having knee surgery, that's fabulous.

Janelle knows nothing and was taught nothing other than "post vague nonsense daily-ish" and I'm sure her certification (heh) stressed that. She wasted money on a scam certification as far as I can tell. So the saying- you get what you pay for- continues to be true.

ETA- now I would have had some respect for her had she gone for a nutrition degree or dietician or exercise physiology degree but that would require proving she knew what she was talking about and she's not all about that.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 5