Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 5/16/2020 at 8:33 AM, TurtlePower said:

I’m surprised she used the word surprised to describe her reluctance. Should have read: “I was reluctant as usual to return to sweaty workouts. You all know I prefer the couch.” 

That would mean she’s actually HAD sweaty workouts. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

That would mean she’s actually HAD sweaty workouts. 

Not necessarily.  If she moved her machine out into the backyard in the sun, she could basically just SIT there on the damn thing and get sweaty from the heat of the sun beating down on her.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Not necessarily.  If she moved her machine out into the backyard in the sun, she could basically just SIT there on the damn thing and get sweaty from the heat of the sun beating down on her.

So that's how she got the cancerous chicken mcnugget on her lip. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I think this may be her first photo of the outdoors that does not include telephone poles or guard rails or asphalt. Getting out early in the morning when it is not hot out is a well-known concept.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 5/16/2020 at 11:22 AM, CocoPuffs said:

If I was Janelle, I’d be pissed to get this [relatively] crummy backyard while Robyn got a McMansion.  Just sad how this woman is such a doormat and doesn’t even realize it or care.

Janelle did this to herself.  I think she set herself up to be the chill wife - the one who made the least amount of waves, which was probably a way to attract Kody to her house and get her kids some much needed daddy time.  Of course Janelle was also the only wife to bear Kody all those manly-men sons, so she probably felt pretty smug and secure.  She presents herself as this hippie-ish teepee-living, cultural free spirit fisherwoman, but it does not jibe with her reluctance to to anything that involves rising up from the concave cushions of her couch.

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

"It's amazing the things you will see when you get outside."  Like - birds?  Squirrels?  Other assorted wildlife?  Trees?  Flowers?  Clouds?  Like vegetables that don't come from a can, the most basic of things present as brand-new discoveries for this woman.

And what, pray tell, were some of those "MILLION reasons" why Janelle didn't want to bring her bike outside?  I suppose it would take her a rilly long time to decide to drag that dust-encrusted thing outdoors if she did indeed have a million reasons why not.  Some of those reasons could include: the bike's too heavy, I might break a sweat moving it, it means I have to stand up and actually do it, someone might see me pedaling, fresh air is scary, a bird might attack me, the paparazzi might be hiding in the bushes, etc.

She is a piece of work, that woman.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, skipnjump said:

To be fair, if Janelle lives in a not so great part of town, I could see not wanting to leave exercise equipment outside or exercise early in the morning

Usually early in the morning the drunks, druggies, criminals and dirtbags are sleeping it off.  The most peaceful time in my public safety career was between 4-7 am. 

But I agree about leaving equipment out, probably not a good idea 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Usually early in the morning the drunks, druggies, criminals and dirtbags are sleeping it off.  The most peaceful time in my public safety career was between 4-7 am. 

With MY luck I would end up with a honkin' huge nest of earwigs underneath the seat.  Or spider sacs all over it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Janelle is probably hoping someone will steal it.  And she could always drive to a safer area for a walk.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Kyanight said:

With MY luck I would end up with a honkin' huge nest of earwigs underneath the seat.  Or spider sacs all over it.

With me it would be yellow jacket nests. They have already claimed my grill for their own. They are mean buggers!

• Love 2
On 5/7/2020 at 3:31 PM, BradandJanet said:

There are many reasons to dislike polygamy, and yet the Browns manage to show things I never would have thought of.  

I have my doubts that Kody ever kissed Jangle on the lips. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

Just popping in to say, still watching old seasons.  Midway through season 7, the McNugget is starting to make an appearance as a little red mark. 

What's going on in S7 again? It's so hard to keep track since TLC plays with the season numbers.

I checked the comments on Insta for the Logan pic and Michelle said that photo is three years old, if I understand correctly. Logan keeps his insta private. GOOD FOR HIM. I like the thought of him leading a normal life and doing well, he and Michelle certainly seem to be having a good life! 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I like Michelle. They're a well matched couple. 

Funny that Michelle found a good guy who's a match for her.

But neither Meri, Janelle, Christine, nor Robyn did.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

What's going on in S7 again? It's so hard to keep track since TLC plays with the season numbers.

I checked the comments on Insta for the Logan pic and Michelle said that photo is three years old, if I understand correctly. Logan keeps his insta private. GOOD FOR HIM. I like the thought of him leading a normal life and doing well, he and Michelle certainly seem to be having a good life! 

The meeting with the investors where Christine puts her foot in her mouth and they still got 250k-500k.  They took 2 RVs to meet the Christian polygamists in Missouri.  Robyn cries.  Again. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

The meeting with the investors where Christine puts her foot in her mouth and they still got 250k-500k.  They took 2 RVs to meet the Christian polygamists in Missouri.  Robyn cries.  Again. 

Pretended to be getting . . . the investors were actors.  I don't think the Browns ever got a penny, other than their salaries for that episode.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Pretended to be getting . . . the investors were actors.  I don't think the Browns ever got a penny, other than their salaries for that episode.

I think they were actors too. Legitimate investors would have laughed them out of the room with that presentation and shortly after that, they went hat in hand to the owner of the pawn shop where Mykelti was employed.  His standards for qualification may not have been so stringent and his interest rate probably bordered on usury. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Weren't there follow-up episodes where they were "waiting to hear back" from the ersatz investors?

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Weren't there follow-up episodes where they were "waiting to hear back" from the ersatz investors?

I think the script was that the investors had approved a ridiculously huge amount.  Then the Browns waited and waited and waited . . . until they hoped the viewers would forget about the payout (since the investors apparently already done that).

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
Just now, Kohola3 said:

Any bets on what she'll do with it?

Why chamomile tea of course.  She'll dry it, try it, write a blog about what a Rock Star it is, then the dried tea will join the 20 pounds of peppermint tea sitting in the far recesses of her cupboards.

• LOL 11

I like the idea of chamomile tea, but hate the taste too, so I'd never buy it.  So if you order on Monday and pick it up on Sunday, how "fresh" are the market foods? I doubt they can wait until the last minute to pick and pack a week's worth of orders for Sunday pickup.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

I like the idea of chamomile tea, but hate the taste too, so I'd never buy it.  So if you order on Monday and pick it up on Sunday, how "fresh" are the market foods? I doubt they can wait until the last minute to pick and pack a week's worth of orders for Sunday pickup.

Preparing CSA boxes is not that much more intensive than preparing for a booth.  Plus your clientele are more reliable and you end up with less waste.  This may not be exactly CSA but quite similar and it's far better to have some customers than none at all and on the plus side the vendor may end up with new permanent CSA clients in the long run. 

Edited by sharkerbaby
you're ≠ your
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Any bets on what she'll do with it?

Ooh ooh, pick me!!

Okay...she's going to toss it on the counter where it will soon become buried in takeout boxes and dirty chipped plates.  Eventually it will become wilted and moldy.  When the smell finally causes Janelle to locate the source, it will have turned into a mound of green slime, which she will feed to the garbage disposal.  She will curse as she recalls that she posted a picture of those stupid weeds earlier on Strive, and that she told her 11 followers that she was going to make something wonderful from it.  After a cursory Google image search, she will find a picture of a cup of chamomile tea.  She will post it to Strive, look up "effects of chamomile" on the Googles, and let us know that her sleep has never been better - likewise, her digestion - and that she'd never even HEARD of this "chamomile," let alone that it's a plant, but now she plans to include it in everything she makes!  That done, she will fall back asleep in her La-Z-Boy until she hears her kids finally go to bed, at which point she will awaken and hit the triple quarter pounder with cheese that she hid behind the almond milk in the fridge.

The End.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4
On 5/24/2020 at 9:53 AM, AZChristian said:

I think the script was that the investors had approved a ridiculously huge amount.  Then the Browns waited and waited and waited . . . until they hoped the viewers would forget about the payout (since the investors apparently already done that).

Then they glossed it over by getting a line of credit from their pawn shop owner friend.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

Chamomile tea uses just the dried flower heads.  Personally I think brewed fresh heads taste muddy.  I am not a fan of the straight tea but I use it in blends with mint and raspberry leaf and I now mix a nighttime tea blend for my husband to help him get to sleep. 

Chamomile is a really great herb tho and if you have nothing at all to help with a rash/cut/scratch but you have chamomile tea bags in the cabinet, brew a tea bag and cool it, then press it onto the wound and drink the tea to help with that little shock from being cut etc.  I use it in my herbal balm mix as well as infused for soaps and I keep an infused witch hazel with a blend of herbs in the cabinet as well.

OH! ETA: Iris is not a flower to plant in a row...it is a clumping "colony" type flower and will quickly fill that tiny walkway in.  It needs a more square shaped area to form a colony block...

Edited by Roslyn
second thought
  • Useful 9
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

OH! ETA: Iris is not a flower to plant in a row...it is a clumping "colony" type flower and will quickly fill that tiny walkway in.  It needs a more square shaped area to form a colony block...

Eh, well it's not like she's going to water them, or fertilize them, or spread mulch around them...in fact, she's probably just learning how plants work.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Eh, well it's not like she's going to water them, or fertilize them, or spread mulch around them...in fact, she's probably just learning how plants work.

Actually...Iris would be a good choice for this kind of "care".  They prefer drier conditions and are quite hardy and self sufficient...if allowed to grow as they please (in a block...).  When I bought my house many years ago there were Iris in some very odd places, one block was just in the lawn surrounded by grass/native "weeds". I dug them up and replanted them and they are quite satisfied with little to no care and pop out blooms every year. If you give them showstopping care, they give showstopping blooms.  If you ignore them you still get blooms, maybe not as many or as tall, but they bloom.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Actually...Iris would be a good choice for this kind of "care".  They prefer drier conditions and are quite hardy and self sufficient...if allowed to grow as they please (in a block...).  When I bought my house many years ago there were Iris in some very odd places, one block was just in the lawn surrounded by grass/native "weeds". I dug them up and replanted them and they are quite satisfied with little to no care and pop out blooms every year. If you give them showstopping care, they give showstopping blooms.  If you ignore them you still get blooms, maybe not as many or as tall, but they bloom.

Kind of like how Kody Brown treats his children.

On 5/26/2020 at 9:49 AM, AZChristian said:

"I didn't even realize I needed something to slow me down."

???????

If that woman moved any slower, she'd be going backwards.

You are so incredibly funny, but this might be your best comment yet.

giphy.gif

• LOL 13
  • Love 3