Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Rhondinella

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

Recommended Posts


5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

How many times did she drive around the block?

HA HA HA HA HA!  It took me a minute to get it - too funny!

My guess? 23 times.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/21/2020 at 1:24 PM, ginger90 said:

BCA38ECE-7075-4C6B-B051-61FAB3FEB126.jpeg

8ABC1BB5-1ACE-4191-BFBE-FFF8F2048AC3.jpeg

Hey, I just learned something! Before reading this, I was not aware that Velveeta was a real food. Thanks, Janelle!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Ten bucks for a bag of popcorn?  Sheesh.

I think the point is to keep the theater from closing their doors for good.  The bags of popcorn are not so much a good deal for the people of Flagstaff... the people of Flagstaff are doing their part to help small businesses stay afloat during this Coronageddon.

I went and spent a small fortune at our one and only Mountain Man store on the front range.  That way I don't feel so guilty packing on the pounds right now!  lol

  • Like 17
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Ten bucks for a bag of popcorn?  Sheesh.

It's a huge bag.  They sell it all year for people who want the popcorn but not the movie.  It's actually a better deal than what you pay to get popcorn at the snack bar.

Capture.JPG

  • Like 8
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post

I guess I see things through my small town eyes.  At our little theater for $10 you get one admission, a tub of popcorn and pop.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I guess I see things through my small town eyes.  At our little theater for $10 you get one admission, a tub of popcorn and pop.

::::::::::::THUD:::::::::::::    <~~  sound of me fainting.  I MIGHT get a senior ticket for around $10... but the popcorn and pop will run me around $17.99 give or take 3 cents.

  • Like 14
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

::::::::::::THUD:::::::::::::    <~~  sound of me fainting.

It's a small theater that they cut in half to manage two movies at a time. The down side if you have more than four people with you there aren't enough seats in a row to sit together! 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

I've got an air-popper and a 2.2-lb bag of kernels ($2 Canadian = US$1.40) that could fill 8-10 of those bags. No need to drive anywhere.  And really delicious popcorn is made with real butter.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I've got an air-popper and a 2.2-lb bag of kernels ($2 Canadian = US$1.40) and make delicious popcorn with real butter.

...and the added benefit of eating it hot!  I do sometimes weaken when I see the Kernels kiosk in the mall, I can never duplicate the coatings they get to adhere to the popcorn.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

::::::::::::THUD:::::::::::::    <~~  sound of me fainting.  I MIGHT get a senior ticket for around $10... but the popcorn and pop will run me around $17.99 give or take 3 cents.

Last movie I attended: Joker. 

Tickets $20 x 2, two waters and split a large (not a jumbo!) Popcorn: about $58.

The days of the fifty cent matinee and Dad taking us to the Ben Franklin 5 and dime to each get 25 cents' worth of candy are looooong gone. 

  • Like 8
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Last movie I attended: Joker. 

Tickets $20 x 2, two waters and split a large (not a jumbo!) Popcorn: about $58.

The days of the fifty cent matinee and Dad taking us to the Ben Franklin 5 and dime to each get 25 cents' worth of candy are looooong gone. 

I don't care what anybody says.  I take snacks and bottled water in my purse.  Movie rules are not laws.  If they make me take my snacks and water and put them in my car, I still wouldn't buy them there, so their enforcement of the rules will have no monetary benefit to them.  Other than I would request a refund on my ticket and never go there again.

And I'm the most law-abiding citizen since 1776.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't go to a theater very often but when I do it's the cheaper matinee and I definitely pack my own treats. 

Supposedly, adjusted for inflation, going to a movie was more expensive 40 years ago. *Bullshit*

The sad part is that movie theaters are in a bind and their only reliable profits come from the concession stand.

Depending on the studio, the movie's popularity and the movie's production cost the theaters keep about 60% of the ticket price for a new release, easing into about 40% a couple/a few weeks later.

I wish they would run vintage movies regularly, I would love to watch Dirty Dancing on a big screen. But the studios charge such high rental fees that it's not worth it to the theater. Bummer. 

Edited by suomi · Reason: I typed the percentages backwards
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I don't care what anybody says.  I take snacks and bottled water in my purse.  Movie rules are not laws.  If they make me take my snacks and water and put them in my car, I still wouldn't buy them there, so their enforcement of the rules will have no monetary benefit to them.  Other than I would request a refund on my ticket and never go there again.

And I'm the most law-abiding citizen since 1776.

Yeah, I get you but I was on a date - he bought dinner, I bought the tickets...movies are better with movie popcorn IMO 😌 I woulda bought a diet Coke but he made it clear that he was anti-artificial sweeteners and I didn't want to have a debate 😀

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

My local theatre chain is offering jumbo buckets for $11 and party bags for $25 delivered free.  Janelle could have stayed home.

  • Laugh 5
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

My local theatre chain is offering jumbo buckets for $11 and party bags for $25 delivered free.  Janelle could have stayed home.

Janelle would have ordered the $25. party bag and then inflicted her followers with recipes for 100 amazing things to do with popcorn.  After "shelter at home" has passed, she may invite her new neighbors in to enjoy popcorn snacks and peppermint tea.  She probably still has 24 lbs. of that left.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I would completely eat way too much of a jumbo popcorn right now.  I allow myself one bag of the 100 calorie microwave popcorn a day.  

Janelle is going to rilly have a problem taking off just the weight she is probably gaining in these scary times.  I'm trying to be careful, but I suspect I've put on a few pounds.  Aren't gyms pretty much shuttered now?  Luckily, walking outdoors is still allowed, and I'm trying to keep up with that.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mittengirl said:

My local theatre chain is offering jumbo buckets for $11 and party bags for $25 delivered free.  Janelle could have stayed home.

But then she wouldn't have been able to hit the drive thru at both Wendy's and Taco Bell on the way home.

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle would have ordered the $25. party bag and then inflicted her followers with recipes for 100 amazing things to do with popcorn.  After "shelter at home" has passed, she may invite her new neighbors in to enjoy popcorn snacks and peppermint tea.  She probably still has 24 lbs. of that left.

My dear friend... we are talking about JANELLE here.  JANELLE.  The popcorn bag was empty by the time her car turned into the driveway after picking it up.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post

now on Comcast Xfinity, you can rent the some of the same movies that are in the theater for $19.99 and have the whole family watch.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Is that what she considers "curtains wide open"?  Not me.

is that what she considers curtains.. period -  that looks similar to what my mom had hanging in my bedroom when i was a teenager back in 80's  

I brought absolutely stunning panels ( pair ) 14.99 at Tuesday Morning , but she would rather spend on buckets of popcorn. Rental or not, if you plan on being there , there are some simple and inexpensive ways to modernize it

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

is that what she considers curtains.. period -  that looks similar to what my mom had hanging in my bedroom when i was a teenager back in 80's  

I brought absolutely stunning panels ( pair ) 14.99 at Tuesday Morning , but she would rather spend on buckets of popcorn. Rental or not, if you plan on being there , there are some simple and inexpensive ways to modernize it

The uneven gathering on the cafe curtains and the gaps between panels of the drapes would send my OCD into overdrive.

If the window treatment was supplied by the landlord, there's probably not much she can do about it (aside from adjusting the cafe gathers).  If Janelle actually purchased this for a rental, she would have been far better off with Walmart cheapo venetian blinds rather than buying rods and ready made curtains.

 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Kyanight said:

The popcorn bag was empty by the time her car turned into the driveway after picking it up.

No kidding

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

She hasn't even bothered to take the tags off the tiered curtains. 🤣

Damn, if that's "wide open" Janelle must enjoy living in darkness. Poor Gabe. I still think Gabe is a beach dude at heart. 
Savannah has gorgeous hair but I get the impression she's just a copy of her mom.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, sheshark said:

Popcorn is rilly bad for people who have gastric problems.  Ask me how I know.

 

Welllllll Janelle talks about digestion ALL THE TIME, but I'm on the fence as to whether she actually has digestive/gastric issues or if she just uses them as an excuse for her avoirdupois.

And of course all health coaches buy ginormous bags of buttered movie popcorn 🤔 I can't help but notice not a peep about the $45 21 day group. I'm not on FB of course, I just see what's posted here and on the Gram (back on to help my sister's business, it's beyond slow right now as she can't work her markets during the shutdown).

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The uneven gathering on the cafe curtains and the gaps between panels of the drapes would send my OCD into overdrive.

If the window treatment was supplied by the landlord, there's probably not much she can do about it (aside from adjusting the cafe gathers).  If Janelle actually purchased this for a rental, she would have been far better off with Walmart cheapo venetian blinds rather than buying rods and ready made curtains.

 

Right, even if they came with the house, those would wind up in a bin in the garage and put back up on the day of move out.  I am a big fan of grommet panels - much easier to open and close if and when needed.  She really needed to pick a better rental, its so drab, to me it looks like she lives in a basement apartment, from the dark brown, low ceilings and the kitchen with the washer and dryer in it - in plain view.  My mom's town home has w/d in the kitchen but they are tucked away in a closet with louvered doors.  I wonder if the magic happens in her instapot on top of the washer ?

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Right, even if they came with the house, those would wind up in a bin in the garage and put back up on the day of move out.  I am a big fan of grommet panels - much easier to open and close if and when needed.  She really needed to pick a better rental, its so drab, to me it looks like she lives in a basement apartment, from the dark brown, low ceilings and the kitchen with the washer and dryer in it - in plain view.  My mom's town home has w/d in the kitchen but they are tucked away in a closet with louvered doors.  I wonder if the magic happens in her instapot on top of the washer ?

My guess is that is all she could afford.  And from what I read it's not in the best neighborhood.  Ever frugal Janelle.  At least she is not wasting money renting or buying more house than she needs.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My guess is that is all she could afford.  And from what I read it's not in the best neighborhood.  Ever frugal Janelle.  At least she is not wasting money renting or buying more house than she needs.

I have read that Janelle's newer rental is located in a heavy crime infested neighborhood.  Yet another reason for Savanah to stay indoors in the depressing environment that Janelle provides.

  • Like 6
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Ever frugal Janelle.  At least she is not wasting money renting or buying more house than she needs.

The sad part is that I bet anything that is saved due to her frugality ends up back in the family account and thus passes on to The Queen of the Underworld.

  • Like 12
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

The sad part is that I bet anything that is saved due to her frugality ends up back in the family account and thus passes on to The Queen of the Underworld.

Probably anything saved ends up in Wendy's or Taco Bell's till.  Maybe she feels that it's better there than for Robyn's Victoria Secret purchases.

  • Laugh 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

My guess is that is all she could afford.  And from what I read it's not in the best neighborhood.  Ever frugal Janelle.  At least she is not wasting money renting or buying more house than she needs.

While I agree with her not wanting a 5 bedroom/5bath home like sister sludges, I would have hoped that she at least drove around the neighborhood to scope it out, she already lived in Flag in the 1st rental for a while so why she chose a not so good area and Kody allowed it is beyond me. I would rather shell out a bit more to live in a safer neighborhood 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I thought she moved out of the first rental because of the unsafe neighbourhood.  Did she find another bad neighbourhood?

  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I thought she moved out of the first rental because of the unsafe neighbourhood.  Did she find another bad neighbourhood?

I was under the impression that she moved from the first rental because the present house is closer to the other wive's homes.  I don't recall hearing that the first house was in a bad area but I could be mistaken...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

and thought that Janelle moved out at the request of the landlord/owner.  There's really no other reason she would even bother to move since she's such a lethargic mushroom unless she HAD to do it.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I was under the impression that she moved from the first rental because the present house is closer to the other wive's homes.  I don't recall hearing that the first house was in a bad area but I could be mistaken...

i read in an article (or maybe here?) somewhere that apparently the wives are like 20-40 minutes' drive from each other.  In the same city.
Shit - it only takes me 17-20 minutes to drive from the peninsula to SF to visit my sis!  That 20-40 minutes can't be right!  I would LOVE to see some sort of schematic map of the homes' locations in proximity to each of the others.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/26/2020 at 7:15 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Yeah, I get you but I was on a date - he bought dinner, I bought the tickets...movies are better with movie popcorn IMO 😌 I woulda bought a diet Coke but he made it clear that he was anti-artificial sweeteners and I didn't want to have a debate 😀

I always take bottled wat to the movies because the POPCORN is what I want!

Just now, Boston said:

I always take bottled wat to the movies because the POPCORN is what I want!

water

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

i read in an article (or maybe here?) somewhere that apparently the wives are like 20-40 minutes' drive from each other.  In the same city.
Shit - it only takes me 17-20 minutes to drive from the peninsula to SF to visit my sis!  That 20-40 minutes can't be right!  I would LOVE to see some sort of schematic map of the homes' locations in proximity to each of the others.

Keep in mind that the wives each have something to do on the way to each other's houses.  Janelle has to hit the drive thru at a couple of fast food places.  Christine drives by Robyn's house several times to see if she can spy Kody before she finally parks and goes in.  Meri has to dump off loads of Lularags to people she recruits in her home town to hawk the crap.  And Robyn just stays put because NATURALLY - HER house is the place everyone has to come to.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, ginger90 said:

 


 

 

18DD824E-57AE-4856-93B5-C5CB8DECF224.jpeg

A2D31873-D928-4B78-AF91-91EACEC0B691.jpeg

You're fine.. no mental problem that I can tell.. very nice drapes and the window looks great

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Keep in mind that the wives each have something to do on the way to each other's houses.  Janelle has to hit the drive thru at a couple of fast food places.  Christine drives by Robyn's house several times to see if she can spy Kody before she finally parks and goes in.  Meri has to dump off loads of Lularags to people she recruits in her home town to hawk the crap.  And Robyn just stays put because NATURALLY - HER house is the place everyone has to come to.

That's what I came here to say.😉  I live in a spread-out city. Most of my friends live within 5-15 minutes, but some are 20-40 minutes away on the far side of town or in the exurbs.  But I don't use that as an excuse to go a year without visiting them! Sometimes we meet somewhere in between.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have beautiful sheer panel curtains.  Got them at Walmart, cheap.  They go in the washer and dryer like a champ.  
I bet Janelle never washes her curtains.  They probably smell like broccoli and broken dreams. 

  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post

The last few curtain purchases have been on Amazon (cheap) but I've been eyeballing some flax linen curtains on Etsy from Belarus - I ordered linen sheets earlier this year from the same Etsy person and I've been soooo happy with them...those curtains...real linen.  However they take WEEKS to get here as they are made to order and of course it takes forever for packages to come from Belarus, so...

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

I bet Janelle never washes her curtains.  They probably smell like broccoli and broken dreams. 

And they are weighed down with dust and dog hair.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The last few curtain purchases have been on Amazon (cheap) but I've been eyeballing some flax linen curtains on Etsy from Belarus - I ordered linen sheets earlier this year from the same Etsy person and I've been soooo happy with them...those curtains...real linen.  However they take WEEKS to get here as they are made to order and of course it takes forever for packages to come from Belarus, so...

I remember a linen tablecloth that my mom had. It was such a huge chore to iron it.  I wonder if flax linen is any different.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I remember a linen tablecloth that my mom had. It was such a huge chore to iron it.  I wonder if flax linen is any different.

I had a linen skirt. Once.  Wore it once, never again. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

Flagstaff has horrible traffic. The main road through the middle of town has lots of stoplights and tourists. Bicycle traffic every where. It isn't so much that the wives were spread so far apart, it just took forever to drive from one house to another.

  • Like 8
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, deirdra said:

I thought she moved out of the first rental because of the unsafe neighbourhood.  Did she find another bad neighbourhood?

I think the owner put the house up for sale or it was just a one year rental.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size