Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I'm in mile high Colorado, and it takes forever to cook veggies on the stove.  I don't have an instapot so I have no clue how long it would take in one of those... but maybe they are high altitude?  Just to bring a pan of water to a boil takes forever.

Looked it up, Flagstaff altitude is 7,000’. So.......

C23AB395-AC84-4C06-AEAD-8ACB70BC4164.jpeg

• Useful 7
  • Love 1

Spring fever? It's February, for cripes sake.  You're living at 7000 feet....spring in the mountains isn't like Vegas.  Heck, even in northern Michigan we don't start putting away boots until April and don't plant anything in gardens until Memorial Day.

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Savannah never looks happy, does she? I think her mom keeps her isolated...keeping her close, and since Janelle is also a hermit she's turning her daughter into one. IMO.

Or, maybe they are just introverts by genetics.

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Savannah never looks happy, does she? I think her mom keeps her isolated...keeping her close, and since Janelle is also a hermit she's turning her daughter into one. IMO.

I found it very revealing when Janelle was trying to justify the Flagstaff move to Gabe, one of her points was that Savanah spent all summer alone in her room because it was too hot outside.  With half siblings, Ysabel and Aurora a year older and Breanna a year younger, I wondered why some of these girls weren't engaging in indoor activities together.

It also struck me as odd that Maddie had 6 wedding attendants, including Truely but her only full sister, Savanah was not included.  I would like to think that it was Savanah's choice not to participate and not that Maddie felt that an 11 year old would be awkward as a junior bridesmaid.

I find that quite often highly creative people such as those that write, draw or are musically inclined do spend a lot of time alone and wonder which came first, did they cultivate their abilities because they spend time alone, not by choice or do they deliberately withdraw from outside influences to develop their skills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I found it very revealing when Janelle was trying to justify the Flagstaff move to Gabe, one of her points was that Savanah spent all summer alone in her room because it was too hot outside.  With half siblings, Ysabel and Aurora a year older and Breanna a year younger, I wondered why some of these girls weren't engaging in indoor activities together.

It also struck me as odd that Maddie had 6 wedding attendants, including Truely but her only full sister, Savanah was not included.  I would like to think that it was Savanah's choice not to participate and not that Maddie felt that an 11 year old would be awkward as a junior bridesmaid.

I find that quite often highly creative people such as those that write, draw or are musically inclined do spend a lot of time alone and wonder which came first, did they cultivate their abilities because they spend time alone, not by choice or do they deliberately withdraw from outside influences to develop their skills.

I'm not very creative, but I do need my alone time, and am definitely an introvert.

Savanah is one of the quieter kids for sure.  I too felt bad that she wasn't in Maddie's weddingk lineup, and also that Maddie at least asked her, but it didn't seem that way when Savanah mentioned it.  It's certainly possible, though.

Your last paragraph is like me wondering:  am I nearsighted because I read a lot, or do I read a lot because I'm nearsighted?  Which came first, the chicken or the egg?  <shrug>

• Love 5
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D848E5DC-C0EC-4252-9BF4-0D0DD54B45CD.jpeg

68455AD0-6836-4021-91AB-834E82E626AF.jpeg

I have three Instant Pots. They are not Insta pots!  Janelle - repeat - Instant Pot.  

I make broccoli and set it to zero time.  So the time coming to pressure makes it crispy green and done.  When I do this I'm usually finishing up the rest of the meal and seems efficient in my house.  Maybe she is counting the time to come to pressure, although it doesn't take that long in mine.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Ten minutes in an insta-pot?  Is she making pureed baby food?  It would be mush!

She is probably accustomed to mushy vegs out of a #10 can.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Probably keeps everything on the counter. Too much work to put it away

Well, I am getting that way myself.  I need all my cabinets to be between 4-6 feet in height.  Also I need all refrigerator shelves to be the same height.  I no longer find it that comfy bending over to put stuff on bottom shelves. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Well, I am getting that way myself.  I need all my cabinets to be between 4-6 feet in height.  Also I need all refrigerator shelves to be the same height.  I no longer find it that comfy bending over to put stuff on bottom shelves. 

I put pull-out baskets in all my lower cabinets.  Now I can use them and not have items "disappear".  I can't get down to reach into the lower cabinets, and the pull-outs work well.  I wonder if Janell has every really organized her kitchen cabinets, or are items just stuffed in?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I put pull-out baskets in all my lower cabinets.  Now I can use them and not have items "disappear".  I can't get down to reach into the lower cabinets, and the pull-outs work well.  I wonder if Janell has every really organized her kitchen cabinets, or are items just stuffed in?

I think we all know the answer to that 😉

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Does anyone know the date that Janelle's house sold in Vegas?

I checked the realtor site and it looks like April 30, 2019 was when it was sold firm.  In the last episode, Janelle said that she had a pending offer on the house, conditional on inspections that may take a month for the conditions to be removed.  That puts the filming date of the episode either late March or early April. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I checked the realtor site and it looks like April 30, 2019 was when it was sold firm.  In the last episode, Janelle said that she had a pending offer on the house, conditional on inspections that may take a month for the conditions to be removed.  That puts the filming date of the episode either late March or early April. 

Oh, thank you.  I appreciate that.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

423E4DA8-5307-49FB-B5EE-71F74EC96B14.jpeg

B7D2B75D-111D-4DDF-993D-00B9B0A35EE0.jpeg

EDCAE65D-0CEA-4AC5-B0BE-855995E28417.jpeg

You know, it would be so much more valuable if she shared HOW it helped her in the long run.  Kody probably doesn't want to take her out to eat as often as she is accustomed to eating, so hourly snacks come in handy?  What?  Did it help her keep to her diet?  I mean - no details about WHY this cooler was so great?

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I mean - no details about WHY this cooler was so great?

Or even a picture of how she had it organized to make it so magically helpful.  Just a picture of a generic cooler. 

Jeez, those posts are SO inspirational.........not.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

She is dumb. Really, if Mr Frauds was whisking me away 45 minutes down the road to Sedona for the weekend, the only thing in that cooler would be probably beer. You bet he would be wining and dining me on an anniversary trip, maybe throw a bag of sunchips or something in the car but really she is going to be eating cold chicken and rice ?  What is so crazy that she needs things to calm down ?

How many hours did she lay awake thinking about food she is packing for a road trip ? Seriously ? I am googling all the fun cool stuff to do and maybe a few nice restaurants to check rather than worrying about organizing a f*cking  mini coleman cooler 

• Love 24
1 minute ago, smarty2020 said:

The joy of traveling is restaurant food.  Seriously, that's probably what I google the most before traveling.  Well, that and a clean hotel.

Right??  And if it's your anniversary - you definitely have to eat out!  My guess  - if this were ROBYN, Kody would take her out.  But... yeah.  This is Janelle.  Kody can tell her to pack a cooler and they will eat out of it all weekend.  Woohoo.  "Happy anniversary, sweetheart.  It's been swell. Where's my phone?  I have to go check in with Robyn!"

• Love 12

"You get what you settle for."  That's Janelle in a nutshell.  She's Kootie's best buddy for that reason.  The other wives actually want somethingk from him.  All Janelle got from Kootie are six kids (and stretch marks by the dozen, I'm guessingk.)

It seems like the only wife that wasn't raised polygamist is the most devoted to it.  Dilling with Meri is probably responsible for what?  75-100 pounds?

• Love 15

If "settling for crumbs" was in the dictionary, there would be a picture of Janelle next to it. 

I've been to Sedona a few years ago and there are so many good places to eat, and not all pricey either. 

But it's all part of the passive-aggressiveness that is Janelle, "oh no, Kody, I'm perfectly ok eating leftovers out of a dirty cooler." "Why spend money on a hotel room, we can just drag out the old tent and two sleeping bags for our anniversary." 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

"You get what you settle for."  That's Janelle in a nutshell.  She's Kootie's best buddy for that reason.  The other wives actually want somethingk from him.  All Janelle got from Kootie are six kids (and stretch marks by the dozen, I'm guessingk.)

It seems like the only wife that wasn't raised polygamist is the most devoted to it.  Dilling with Meri is probably responsible for what?  75-100 pounds?

Not only Janelle, but all of them! And it seems Robochin may also beginning to feel it too.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

423E4DA8-5307-49FB-B5EE-71F74EC96B14.jpeg

B7D2B75D-111D-4DDF-993D-00B9B0A35EE0.jpeg

EDCAE65D-0CEA-4AC5-B0BE-855995E28417.jpeg

Oh GOD........this woman. FFS, Janelle. She makes everything difficult! 

I used to travel for work to archaeology projects 10 days at a time. There was lots of living in hotels and "cooler food". It. Wasn't. That. Hard. For the field I had Kind bars, apples, peanut butter, lots of water. For the hotel I had soup, bananas, greek yogurt and apples. 

Janelle is like Chicken Little. The sky is ALWAYS falling. 

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Oh GOD........this woman. FFS, Janelle. She makes everything difficult! 

I used to travel for work to archaeology projects 10 days at a time. There was lots of living in hotels and "cooler food". It. Wasn't. That. Hard. For the field I had Kind bars, apples, peanut butter, lots of water. For the hotel I had soup, bananas, greek yogurt and apples. 

Janelle is like Chicken Little. The sky is ALWAYS falling. 

It's the leftover broccoli that really turned my tummy.

• LOL 5
17 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She is dumb. Really, if Mr Frauds was whisking me away 45 minutes down the road to Sedona for the weekend, the only thing in that cooler would be probably beer. You bet he would be wining and dining me on an anniversary trip, maybe throw a bag of sunchips or something in the car but really she is going to be eating cold chicken and rice ?  What is so crazy that she needs things to calm down ?

They went to Sedona?  She reminds me of the people on M600PL who need to stop at every fast food place between their house and Houston in order to "calm down."  We used to take a cooler on our family road trips across country, but on short trips with just Mr Twopper and me I will toss oranges, bananas, crackers etc into a bag and take them for snacks.  I am not bringing rice and broccoli.   We will have a nice breakfast brought up from room service and go out for lunch and dinner.  If we have leftovers, I put them in the mini fridge although we almost never eat them.  I doubt Janelle has left overs.  This sounds like a sad anniversary trip to me, but at least she got one. 

Speaking of anniversaries reminds me of flowers which reminds me of Valentine's Day.  Why does he bring flowers to all the "wives" at the same place and time?  Other than the usual answer that he is a jerk.  I would think the best way to celebrate that holiday is not to observe it with all of them on the same day.  Let each "couple" pick a day---say 5 or 6 months from their "anniversary" and have their own Valentine's Day.  Everyone celebrating on Feb 14 sounds dismal and all sorts of jealousy.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Kyanight said:

You know, it would be so much more valuable if she shared HOW it helped her in the long run.  Kody probably doesn't want to take her out to eat as often as she is accustomed to eating, so hourly snacks come in handy?  What?  Did it help her keep to her diet?  I mean - no details about WHY this cooler was so great?

I swear she has a minimum word count for these Strive posts and once she hits the word count she just stops.  It doesn’t matter what’s typed as long as she hits that word count. Janelle’s thought process for Strive:

Does the topic make sense? Who knows

Is the topic interesting? Who cares

Did U write 250 words? YES!

(says to herself after hitting her 250th word) Janelle, you’re such a rockstar!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Here’s my version of what I think happened that weekend.

BTW I don’t know if they went to Sedona per se, I was riffing off of @MohammadFraudedMe’s post...

Janelle: I wonder where Kody is?  He said we were going to hit the road by 9:00 am and here it is almost noon already.  

Gabe: Just TEXT him or CALL him, Mom!!!

J:  Now you know the rules, Gabe - no contact until after noon, because he doesn’t want Robyn to wake up early. 

(Gabe rolls his eyes so high they practically adhere to the ceiling)

G: Whatevs.

About 12:15 pm, Kody texts the following message:

Kody via text: Yo J!  We just woke up.  I’ll be at your place after breakfast.  The housekeeper’s making fried chicken and waffles today and you know how much I love waffles. See u ltrs. K.

Janelle via text: Take your time honey!  I’ll keep busy until you arrive.  Love Janelle. P.S. Happy anniversary honey 🙂

no response.  Around 1:58 pm, Kody finally rolls up in the family truckster.

Kody via text: I’m outside and ready to go!  Don’t forget the tent and xtra duck tape just in case of leaks. Ltrs, K.

Gabe helps Janelle get the tent and the two single sleeping bags and the duck tape into the famiily truckster while Kody sits behind the wheel impatiently with the engine still running, texting away.  

Kody (exasperated) OK SO CAN WE GET GOING ALREADY? We should’ve been on the road hours ago.

Janelle: Oh, I’m sorry, honey!  I just need to zip into the house really quick and get my overnight bag and the cooler.

Kody: well hurry up!

finally they’re on the road to Sedona or whereever they can find.a free campground with a toilet nearby.  Eventually Kody asks:

K: So...what’s in the cooler?

J:  oh, lots of healthy, yummy leftovers from two nights ago that I made in my InstaPot.  

Opens cooler

J: let’s see...some boiled chicken, some boiled broccoli, and some crunchy, overcooked rice.  And one of my green smoothies that I made last night before bedtime in a mason jar.  Want anything, honey?

K: trying not to make a face) Uh no thanks - Robyn and I had a huge dinner at Ruth’s Chris Steak House last night and then waffles and chicken today.  I’m okay, you go ahead and eat.  I’ll just keep driving.

J: okay honey!  (Starts on the broccoli) 

(Kody sees her eating the two day old broccoli and rolls down all the windows knowing what’s going to happen)

(A short time later)

JMy digestion is really bad right now.  Maybe I should drink that smoothie.

K: (holding his nose) I KNOW.  Hey, look, a Circle K!  Maybe they have a restroom.

Stops at Circle K and gets out.  Janelle runs to the restroom and Kody has a look at the snack section while she’s in there...

K to Circle K Dude Behind Counter: I’d like a Cheese Danish, a plastic burrito, some Chee-tos, and a large cherry Icee.  

Circle K Dude: of course.  That’ll be $9.63, sir.

K: Do I get a polygamist’s discount?  I have four wives.

Circle K Dude: Not outside Colorado City or Hildale.

Janelle finally exits the restroom, Circle K Dude runs in holding his nose with one hand and a pack of matches and some Febreeze in the other hand.

J: I thought you weren’t hungry, honey!

K: I got ravenous all of a sudden.  Let’s hit the road or else there won’t be any free campsites left.

and off they go.

Bravo! Hilarious - and very believable.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I swear she has a minimum word count for these Strive posts and once she hits the word count she just stops.  It doesn’t matter what’s typed as long as she hits that word count. Janelle’s thought process for Strive:

Does the topic make sense? Who knows

Is the topic interesting? Who cares

Did U write 250 words? YES!

(says to herself after hitting her 250th word) Janelle, you’re such a rockstar!

Shoutout to @DakotaJustice- while whole thing was painfully funny bc likely true this part tickled the hell out of me:

“The housekeeper’s making fried chicken and waffles today and you know how much I love waffles. See u ltrs. K.”

But to my quoted post it does reek of that. Down to the use of “huge” decision of self care. Ugh! Self care is like busy mom to me!  Paid off in “huge” dividends to take a shit topped cooler on a trip!

Its weird bc when I watch this show Janelle seems smartest both intellectually and often emotionally. But I read those posts and they are so horrible it makes me realize she’s a complete dumbass. 

To me her post read like when I was in middle school and felt very deeply about a Nirvana song and wrote in my journal about it.  It makes me cringe to read now but I feel like I can see her mind- “I’m going big and deep this time.  A simple cooler changed my whole life”.

One time at work I brought in some broccoli and opened the Tupperware and almost passed out from the smell. This will sound like I’m lying. A guy at desk near me exclaims In disgust it smelled like something has died. At this point I am internally dying. I was new to this position and Skyped my new coworker  “I need a real friend right now”. We got that thing in a bag and took it out to the dumpster but I felt alone it would be obvious I was the culprit.  We are close to this day.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Shoutout to @DakotaJustice- while whole thing was painfully funny bc likely true this part tickled the hell out of me:

“The housekeeper’s making fried chicken and waffles today and you know how much I love waffles. See u ltrs. K.”

But to my quoted post it does reek of that. Down to the use of “huge” decision of self care. Ugh! Self care is like busy mom to me!  Paid off in “huge” dividends to take a shit topped cooler on a trip!

Its weird bc when I watch this show Janelle seems smartest both intellectually and often emotionally. But I read those posts and they are so horrible it makes me realize she’s a complete dumbass. 

To me her post read like when I was in middle school and felt very deeply about a Nirvana song and wrote in my journal about it.  It makes me cringe to read now but I feel like I can see her mind- “I’m going big and deep this time.  A simple cooler changed my whole life”.

One time at work I brought in some broccoli and opened the Tupperware and almost passed out from the smell. This will sound like I’m lying. A guy at desk near me exclaims In disgust it smelled like something has died. At this point I am internally dying. I was new to this position and Skyped my new coworker  “I need a real friend right now”. We got that thing in a bag and took it out to the dumpster but I felt alone it would be obvious I was the culprit.  We are close to this day.

Thank you!! 
I just tried to think of how next-day cooked broccoli could be remotely appetizing and all that came to mind was the Broccoli Beef at Panda Express.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Thank you!! 
I just tried to think of how next-day cooked broccoli could be remotely appetizing and all that came to mind was the Broccoli Beef at Panda Express.

We all know her broccoli got tossed into the bin in favor of chicken fried steak 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

So this may be petty but that thing on her face is concerning.  I actually went back and looked at old pics and it wasn't there.  Someone mentioned they hoped she got it looked at.  Ditto.

• Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

So this may be petty but that thing on her face is concerning.  I actually went back and looked at old pics and it wasn't there.  Someone mentioned they hoped she got it looked at.  Ditto.

I'm not a dermatologist by any means but I think that's a benign wart. If i had one, I would have it removed because not only are they ugly but they're troublesome based on  what others who have them have told me.

Probably the reason Kody didn't want to give her a real kiss.

This is yet another indication to me that they have shitty medical insurance coverage. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm not a dermatologist by any means but I think that's a benign wart. If i had one, I would have it removed because not only are they ugly but they're troublesome based on  what others who have them have told me.

Probably the reason Kody didn't want to give her a real kiss.

This is yet another indication to me that they have shitty medical insurance coverage. 

It's considered cosmetic and insurance wont cover the cost of having it removed.  My mom has several and the only one they removed was one that was where the rim of her glasses were.  She kept bumping it or hitting it with her glasses or fingernail and it kept bleeding.  They removed just the one.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

Years ago, I had a “growth” removed that was on the side of my nose. It changed size over time, it was covered by insurance to remove, and was sent for biopsy. I guess it just depends.

As an FYI, over the counter CVS scar gel really works. 😁

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Years ago, I had a “growth” removed that was on the side of my nose. It changed size over time, it was covered by insurance to remove, and was sent for biopsy. I guess it just depends.

As an FYI, over the counter CVS scar gel really works. 😁

I think that's the key here - I don't think Janelle had that early on and it's just been growing. She covers it with makeup for the show but she's made those selfie videos coming home from the gym or a walk and it's much more prominent.  

Even if insurance didn't cover it I would still pay out of pocket to have it removed. I guess they would cryogenically freeze it off? I didn't Google it.  But you can pretty much tell by her gums that medical attention is not a high priority for this family.

• Love 4