Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have no desire to ever see A Star is Born (as mentioned above) but I have heard Shallow a few times and so far of the nominated songs I've seen tonight this is one of the best. Anyone who plays their own music automatically gets bonus points from me. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

Has anyone here seen “Roma”?

I just saw it finally and loved it. I love Alfonso Cuaron movies in general. If you don't like foreign language films or "quiet" slice of life type films though you may not like this. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

I think anyone who questions her talent didn’t watch her do the Sound the Music at the Socars a few years ago when she smashed it.

Most people probably don't know that she's actually a classically trained singer who studied at Julliard.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 6
Just now, legaleagle53 said:

Most people probably don't know that she's actually a classically trained singer who studied ad Julliard.

I have no idea why this is but there's so many Gaga haters online. It's kinda nuts. My therapist told me about some theory that she's Satan's spawn.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

What a down year for Best Song.  Wow.

I didn't like any of the songs performed.

There is activity at the Vegas odd makers that suggest best director isn't as much as a lock as we thought. Take that however you want.

3 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Most people probably don't know that she's actually a classically trained singer who studied at Julliard.

Oh, yeah.  She did a TV special a few years ago that totally sold me on her credentials and beautiful voice.  She's done some bizarre stuff, but her voice is beautiful!

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Steph J said:

Why is A Star is Born only considered adapted from the '54 and '76 versions?  All of them share the same basic story with the 1937 version.

It seems to be the forgotten version, but it is my favorite one.  Fredric March was brilliant.  No, it wasn't a musical, but all the remakes are pale imitations, even with the songs.

• Love 6