Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, jcin617 said:

(And its surreal to see someone you went to college with (one of the Spider Man producers) getting  up to accept an Academy Award!)

That was me with Forest Whittaker, a friend of my good friend in college. 

• Love 1
Just now, Thumper said:

I liked it, but I missed the intro to know where it is from.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs. It was a collection of vignettes on Netflix, kind of odd and dark but I liked it. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I just realized they’ve only done the one montage right? They’ll do another when In Memoriam comes but, by now, they’re usually into their fifth or so. 

That's one of the usual problems with the length of the show every year -- the endless montages.   Maybe they decided to do fewer of them this year.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, topanga said:

I missed Michael’s joke. People my house still don’t know which is Key and which is Peele and decided to discuss it at that moment. 

Trump gave up on trying to close an umbrella and just threw it behind him when he was getting on a plane, and Keegan Michael Key did the same. 

Edited by Mystery
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Congrats to Regina King and Mahershala Ali! For Regina it’s been a long time coming, and Mahershala is out here doing it. Dude just won two years ago and now he’s back at it.

Am I the only one annoyed by Pharrell and his short set? It was kinda funny the first time he did it like five years ago, but it was still a troll. Now it’s a troll and kind of disrespectful. You’re an adult, and you decided to show up to the biggest industry event in entertainment in a camo short set. 

If I were the the Oscars, I’d leave him off the invite list.

• Love 7
Just now, TVFan17 said:

All right, Disney... between Toy Story 4 and The Lion King, just take all my movie money this year.

Don’t forget the Marvel movies. 

3 minutes ago, saoirse said:

Definitely the best speech of the night! "I can't believe a movie about menstruation just won an Oscar!"

They looked SOOOOO excited!

IT WAS AMAZING AND ON NETFLIX SO EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH!!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I admit it.  I do the headbanging thing every time I hear BoRhap on the radio in the car.

As do I!  No matter where I am or who I am with.  I’ll probably be 90 years old and still doing it.

If the new Lion King is all CGI, why do we need it?

• Love 7

If they would cut 80% of these dumb commercials the Oscars would be an hour, max.

Seriously, cut the bullshit and start renting out billboard space behind the cheap seats if you want to sell your product. 

Hire people to wander down the aisles holding signs, extra points if they twirl them like batons and manage to smack someone famous in the kisser. 

Or offer to fund one of the lesser known actors or actresses campaigns if they wear suits or dresses with your logos on them. With matching hats.  

PGA this shit up already. 

Listen, Lincoln Lacrosse Turow Defoe Montely Cruise Hybrid, you want me to buy your overpriced hunk of junk then have Matthew drive it across the stage to deliver an award. Otherwise I am not interested.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3