Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, vb68 said:

I'm really enjoying this so far.

Great winners. So proud of Black Panther, and I teared up with Regina King as she won. I feel like I'm grown up with her, watching her from 227 onward. Way to go!

I was thinking the exact same thing about Regina. I remember her as a little girl on 2727. It is thrilling that she grown up to be this talented actress and now she has won an Oscar. Way to go, Regina!

• Love 6
1 minute ago, DuckyinKy said:

Between the boredom of watching someone read their speech from their phone, getting booted from the forum I missed the snark from Tyler Perry. What did he say?

It was a great speech though.  Not just a litany of names.  I felt bad for her co-winner the set designer guy, tho. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Is there a Marvel after party? Now that would be a hell of a party.

Well, until it gets too crowded and Thanos snaps half of the party out of existence like the dick he is.

I don't care that it apparently peaked and it's the new punching bag: I loved A Star is Born.  Can't wait to see what Bradley Cooper does next.

James McAvoy!  And Danai Gurira!  Heard she escaped The Walking Dead finally.  Hopefully it's partially because Kevin Feige told her an Okoye spin-off is happening! 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

What in the world did Jennifer Hudson just sing?  I should have turned on cc to have a clue about the lyrics.  Enunciation is a good thing.

So it wasn't just me. Let's face it, Diane Warren had no shot anyway (no one has a shot in that category but Gaga) but dude based off that performance, that song was complete shit. I appreciate the message behind it but no.

• Love 3
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Well, until it gets too crowed and Thanos snaps half of the party out of existence like the dick he is.

I don't care that it apparently peaked and it's the new punching bag: I loved A Star is Born.  Can't wait to see what Bradley Cooper does next.

James McAvoy!  And Danai Gurira!  Heard she escaped The Walking Dead finally.  Hopefully it's partially because Kevin Feige told her an Okoye spin-off is happening! 

I loved it too.   Their chemistry was palpable.  Whatever Bradley did to create it with Gaga worked.   He is extremely talented.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Crs97 said:

What in the world did Jennifer Hudson just sing?  I should have turned on cc to have a clue about the lyrics.  Enunciation is a good thing.

I usually watch TV with captions on but for some reason my captions are way behind the actual dialogue so I had to turn them off. 

As usual I haven't seen most of these movies. I saw Bohemian Rhapsody and loved it- Adam Lambert is no Freddy and I really didn't like the opening number. I wish they had picked better songs. Rami was great as Freddy though. 

I watched Crazy Rich Asians last night and really enjoyed it. Started First Man but didn't finish it before my rental was up. 

Glad to see Black Panther picking up some wins- I need to watch it. 

As far as I'm concerned A Star is Born should have never been remade after Judy Garland did it. She was and always will be that movie for me. I will never watch any other iteration of it. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

It was a great speech though.  Not just a litany of names.  I felt bad for her co-winner the set designer guy, tho. 

Not the original poster, it was a good speech. The winner reading it off her phone took away from how great it was for me. 

3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

And Danai Gurira!  Heard she escaped The Walking Dead finally.  Hopefully it's partially because Kevin Feige told her an Okoye spin-off is happening! 

Wouldn't that be amazing?!

• Love 5
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

Bohemian Rhapsody gets a trophy at least, although I'm sure Rami Malek will be heading up there by the end of the night!

I've read some predictions that it might win as many as four tonight--and now it's up to two.

Just now, Misslindsey said:

Not the original poster, it was a good speech. The winner reading it off her phone took away from how great it was for me. 

Yes you said it better, I was a little too uncouth. My apologies. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I may actually blow through an entire bottle of wine tonight...  how tragic.

For me, it's whiskey.  If I end up dead from alcohol poisoning, you'll know what caused it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, tennisgurl said:

I still love A Star is Born, and I am not afraid to say it!

I loved it as well.  For a first time effort, Cooper did a great job.  I think it simply peaked too early and became mostly an afterthought in terms of the races. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, anyanka323 said:

The two who won for Bohemian Rhapsody really thanked everyone and their dog and managed to avoid thanking Bryan Singer. 

They've had practice throughout the award season. At this point, I think it's all second nature to all of them. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

I'm on this train, too. I thought Bradley Cooper and the film were phenomenal. It will be a crime if he doesn't win anything. 

• Love 9