Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E09: The Guy Or Girl Who Came Back

How tall is Lacey? Is she one of the short ones? Beautiful face- she could probably do beauty campaigns. I still think that Mame is the most physically beautiful specimen on the show, though. That bone structure is insane. She makes Hadassah look like a dog. I must be the only one who doesn't find Nyle all that hot. He seems like a real sweetheart, but he looks cross-eyed to me. Dustin, zzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 3

It sucks that Mikey is kind of a douche because he's one of the most beautiful men I've seen in a while. Especially when he pulls his hair back. He's not going to win because he doesn't have the personality or the edit but I think he's a really good male model. Those guys that get it without needing to try hard.

• Love 3

It sucks that Mikey is kind of a douche because he's one of the most beautiful men I've seen in a while. Especially when he pulls his hair back. He's not going to win because he doesn't have the personality or the edit but I think he's a really good male model. Those guys that get it without needing to try hard.

I just don't get it. I see mooks on streetcorners, or around skate parks or beaches if I'm on the West Coast, or even hanging out at malls, who don't look all that different from him. Greasy long hair, arrogant bored looks on their faces, they perhaps say "duuuuuude" slightly more than him (but he may be holding back).

• Love 5

Lacey is 5'7" according to her stats on the ANTM CW website. None of the girls this cycle are standard model height (i.e. 5'9" and above) other than Delanie who is 5'10" but unfortunately also borderline plus-size and first to be eliminated. If Lacey wins that will make her the shortest winner alongside Eva Diva from cycle 3 and Nicole from the short cycle (who is actually taller than Eva Diva ironically).

Justin to me looks like actor Rick Yune who was a Wharton school of business graduate and hedge fund trader before he started modeling and later acting in films like "Die another day" as the villain. Maybe that's what Justin should do. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Yune

Does Mikey remind anyone of Jay from the "Jay and Silent Bob" films? I think Jason Mewes was also a model at some point so maybe there is a place for dirty looking white boys with long blonde hair in fashion. I thought in this week's photo shoot, Mikey was the only one who was perfectly paired up with his dog counterpart (the Afghan hound). It was rather skeevy when he and Ashley were on their way to go-sees and he wanted to know if there are any cheap motels around they can check in to.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

Does Mikey remind anyone of Jay from the "Jay and Silent Bob" films? I think Jason Mewes was also a model at some point so maybe there is a place for dirty looking white boys with long blonde hair in fashion. I thought in this week's photo shoot, Mikey was the only one who was perfectly paired up with his dog counterpart (the Afghan hound). It was rather skeevy when he and Ashley were on their way to go-sees and he wanted to know if there are any cheap motels around they can check in to.

Except I found Jason Mewes more attractive.

About Eva, wasn't she 5'8?

Devin's picture looks like one an eccentric millionaire would take and blow up to 100x its size and hang it in his foyer. And then force everyone to compliment it with obviously fake smiles whenever they visited his house. 

• Love 9

Devin's picture looks like one an eccentric millionaire would take and blow up to 100x its size and hang it in his foyer. And then force everyone to compliment it with obviously fake smiles whenever they visited his house. 

Or perhaps in the salon...

• Love 5

Devin has "the kavorka"? I guess that's another explanation for why he hasn't gone home yet.....

Edited by NeenerNeener

I think I only like Mikey because he reminds me of Jax (Charlie Hunam) from Sons if Anarchy. Nyle is very handsome but always looks exactly the same to me, and is slightly cross-eyed.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 1

OMG Nyle... that photo was beyond gorgeous. expensive and dapper. And I seriously can't decide what is sexier: him shirtless or in this photo. That man knows how to wear a suit, that's for sure. 

Add to it his personality and he is giving Kahlen (C4) a run for her money as my fav ANTM contestant ever.

• Love 1

I still can't figure out how Bello is pronounced Bejo. I can see Bey-o but where the hell does the J come from? He takes OK pictures but is too short so of course he won't get picked in go sees. It's pretty obvious that Yu just picks people to mess with each week (probably on instruction from Tyra) and this time around it was Justin. How can you look graceful carrying a heavy dog?

Nyle takes great pictures and is very handsome and I think they will never mess with him because it would look bad, so I think he is given an advantage over the others. Kelly continues to have the oddest personality. She is either a stone cold bitch or trying too hard to seem likable and cool with the contestants, none of it seems genuine. I do think Tyra is genuine, crazy as she is, but Kelly, Miss J and Yu are just playing a part.

depends on where you are in Latin America, but the ll sound is like a j. I get the feeling the "fancy" way is the real way and "bay yo" is the way he knows most people will be able to pronounce it, so that's what he goes with.
  • Love 1

So glad Bello was whisked off the set.  What an arrogant entitled piece of bird poop. He didn't once ask himself "hmmm, might there have been some moment where I ignored or dissed Hadassah for her to give me this cold shoulder?"  She saw right through him in the end because she knows his game because she's done it many times herself. I've been warming up to Hadassah, which surprised me as she reeked of privileged mean girl. They both started out as the local mean girls, but Hadassah is learning about social respect more, while Bello is still clinging to his mean girl drama bitch act.

• Love 3

I kind of love that Nyle and Lacey are basically just trading off every week for best picture. They really should just send the rest of them home and skip right to the finale. Stop wasting everyone's time! :D

When the eliminated models came back into the room, I was like, "Who is this Delanie chick? Oh, she must have gone the first week, and that's why I don't remember her. God, she looks like she's 40!"

I'm glad that Bello just had the one more episode to try and take over the show with his fake-ass drama. I really can't take much more of him. Someone should just cast him on the Bad Girls Club. I feel like that's the show he was trying to be on...

And I have had quite enough of Devin, but unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Justin is the one going home because he had the elimination edit. We got no background on Devin. Well, unless being signed to six agencies worldwide is literally ALL he has to offer. In which case, we've been getting his background EVERY SINGLE WEEK. :P

Hadassah's personality is no great shakes.

I have to give Hadassah credit: she realized her personality was rubbing the others the wrong way, and she's made some effort to be more pleasant.  Mame, on the other hand, has gone downhill in that regard.

• Love 6

I found it hilarious how the designers were looking at some of Tyra's picks on the go-sees.  You could just imagine their thoughts looking at people like Courtney and Bello!  Final confirmation in the fashion world that Tyra has lost her mind.

• Love 2

I'm not a crackpot but I think they should get rid of the time element of the go-see challenge. Sometimes it has made for interesting television, although the only example I can think of off the top of my head is when Natasha told a mid-meltdown Brittany that some people have war in their countries, but overall I'd rather see more of the go-sees and less driving around.

I like the time element because it tries to make the contestants cognizant of how punctuality, or the lack thereof, will affect their ability to book jobs and get hired/kept by agencies.  But I don't need to see so much footage of them in taxis trying to make it to go-sees and back on time; like you, I want to see more of the actual go-sees.  And we used to, back in the day, especially the ones in whatever foreign 'fashion capital' they used.

• Love 5
Seriously, Vegas?

Just wait until cycle 30, Laughlin! Stefano should have came back, but whatever.

Cycle 25: "I only have one picture in my hand and that person will be the last one to join us on our trip to Burbank!"

Cycle 28: "You are the final seven, so pack your bags, we are heading for ...Macy's! You will be be sleeping in the furniture section, because, when I was a young model, I often had to sleep in weird places, like couches and beds.  But there are only 3 twin mattresses and three sofas, so you don't want to be the last one in...Go!"

Cycle 30: "I hope you have enjoyed this beautiful two bedroom apartment that has been your home for the last 9 weeks.  But it is time to pack your bags because you are ...........(overly long dramatic pause)......switching rooms!"

• Love 16

Dustin may be as boring as a bowl of vanilla-scented oatmeal, but I'm just thankful I don't have to listen to Bello or Stefano again. Those boys... geez.

Nyle continues to be oh, so very pretty. And huskies are my favorite, so that photo was destined to be made of win.

• Love 3

My memory, which is shabby at best, is that the original season had much less luxurious rooms for the models than the somewhat mansion like house they seem to have in recent years.  As I recall, Tyra said she wanted to give the models a true taste of how unglamorous the life of a model is when they are at the beginning of their careers, and that included rather tiny apartments.  Of course Tyra has divorced herself from reality a long time ago, and I think she's lost track of her original intent for the program.  I do think it has to be disappointing to the models to end up in Las Vegas instead of some foreign country (perhaps some of them couldn't get passports for some reason).  If they don't have much of a travel budget, both Mexico and Canada are nearby.  Las Vegas may be the land of Zappos but it just seems a bit lacking as trips go. After a hiatus I started watching again because I like (shallow note) to watch Nyles...I love his portrait with the dog.  Handsome pair.

It's a shame what ANTM has turned into C1 & C2 I think truly showed what models go through in the beginning stages of a model's career. By the time C3 rolled around it started to up the camp but the show was still interesting and had a model feel to it. Around C9 is when Tyra started to lose her mind. Her ego just knew no bounds and she got a little too hyprocrical for me. I thought this show would show an interesting take on what models go through but as the seasons progress I think Tyra is just making a parody out of modeling more than anything. Especially hiring that weak ass Gordon Ramsay photographer. Let Yu take the photos for the rest of the cycle cause his one photo shoot with the dogs is far more superior than anything Gordon Ramsey shot.

I also hate that Tyra calls the seasons cycles, it makes it feel like a woman checking on when her period is coming.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6
I'm not a crackpot but I think they should get rid of the time element of the go-see challenge.

I like the time element because it tries to make the contestants cognizant of how punctuality, or the lack thereof, will affect their ability to book jobs and get hired/kept by agencies.

I like the time limit too, but I think it should be a reasonable time limit, instead of setting all of them up to fail. We knew going into the challenge that none of them would make it to all four go-sees and back to the office on time.

Speaking of the office, when the models were headed out the door, did anyone else catch the Next guy telling Bello to drop the drama? Too bad he didn't say it in front of everyone, right after Bello's little speech.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

I will be so done with this show if Tyra dumps Justin.  He booked 3 out of 4 go-sees and probably would've been 4 for 4 if he wasn't so damn rude on that last one.  But come on.  Keeping Devin and bringing back Dustin is too much for me to bear.  Damn you, Yu Tsai--who picks up a big ass pit bull??

• Love 1

I wish Mikey would have gotten kicked off -- he seemed more interested in pawing at Ashley than the competition.  And he annoys me....and I don't find him remotely attractive.

A to the MEN to this!!!  Mikey looks really gross to me.  All that scraggly hair really does him no favors.  And his face is basically just meh to me.  I guess he's going for that Max Hodges surfer dude look, except Max Hodges is actually good looking.

screen-shot-2015-02-06-at-9-03-25-am.png

Mikey's been taking poor photos for the last few challenges so I don't understand why he's still here.

• Love 2

A to the MEN to this!!!  Mikey looks really gross to me.  All that scraggly hair really does him no favors.  And his face is basically just meh to me.  I guess he's going for that Max Hodges surfer dude look, except Max Hodges is actually good looking.

screen-shot-2015-02-06-at-9-03-25-am.png

Mikey's been taking poor photos for the last few challenges so I don't understand why he's still here.

Mikey constantly looks dirty.  Like Pig Pen in the old Charlie Brown comics.

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 3

I can just imagine Tyra saying to Mikey next week.

Tyra: We took photos of you guys in the house when you're just laying about and Mikey this is your best photo....e6c7e1da713de2b1f52ee10e40a69aaf.jpg

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 8

Forget the walk of Ava's I would be questioning that ugly mullet and asked her who told her that look was sexy.

Seriously. If I'm looking at her portfolio, and she suddenly goes from the long blonde flower child look to this awful mullet thing, I'd be all "What the hell happened here? Oh. Right. Tyra."

Yu Tsai is a good photographer. Loved most of the photos this week. Wasn't he the photographer for all the Guess Jeans shoots they did in past cycles? He should be the photographer on all the shoots for this cycle instead of that godawful Gordon Ramsey lookalike with his blurry as fuck photos!

Plus, I think I found him marginally less obnoxious this week. Maybe having a camera to worry about settled him down a touch.

Also, I really actually liked this week's shoot concept. These photos looked like they could conceivably have some sort of use outside the show, which is certainly an improvement over many of them. I don't expect Dustin's round 2 will be long, but his photo was pretty good.

So I realize that Bello is all about the over-the-top manufactured drama, but am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what went down between him and Hadassah? I don't recall noticing much in the way of a relationship at all, and then all of a sudden he's acting like she murdered his puppy. Did I miss something?

• Love 4

I like the time limit too, but I think it should be a reasonable time limit, instead of setting all of them up to fail. We knew going into the challenge that none of them would make it to all four go-sees and back to the office on time.

Speaking of the office, when the models were headed out the door, did anyone else catch the Next guy telling Bello to drop the drama? Too bad he didn't say it in front of everyone, right after Bello's little speech.

Oh, absolutely.  4 go-sees in a three hour period?  That is ridiculous.  Back in the day, when this show wasn't a total farce, there was a far more reasonable limit.

• Love 1
I am just so completely, totally and absolutely in lust with Nyle, I can't even. 

The worst part is that I am old enough to be his mother.  *heavy sigh*

Come sit over here by me on the Pervy Old Lady Couch, leighdear!  I've always found him attractive but didn't truly start lusting after him until that photo this week  . . . hot DAMN!!  I'd make it my screensaver if it wouldn't make my husband jealous.

I laughed out loud watching the models try to pretend to be excited about going to Las Vegas.  Or, rather, to hide their disappointment that they weren't going to an exotic foreign destination.  Always in the past they have jumped up and down and screamed like idiots, egged on by the producers, I'm sure.  Interesting that the producers didn't even try to make them fake it this time, it seems.

• Love 2

One more on the Nyle Love Train. He's always been hot, but he & the huskie were stunning. As for Nyle's so-called "cross-eyes," I haven't seen them , nor would I care if I did. I would much rather look at a model with slightly weird eyes than one with a stank attitude like Bello or one who looks stank period ala Mikey, who, as I've said before, is no Charlie Hunnam. Re Devin's photo, he looks like Dr. Evil, without the personality. Justin's crashing the go-see was rude, but at least he managed to book way more go-sees than Devin, which is reason enough to keep him, IMO. That & his hotness.

Buh-bye Bello. Please let the door hit you in the ass again on the way back out.

• Love 1
I laughed out loud watching the models try to pretend to be excited about going to Las Vegas.

I know, even the money that fluttered down from the ceiling was fluttering lamely, like it knew it was no big deal.  I'll bet they were fake 1s instead of fake 100s!

Courtney is the worst  possible choice for a model.  Put the right makeup on my old ass, get the right angle and even I look good in photos (Albeit with orthodontically straightend teeth).  You can hide what you look like in person.  A model cannot be 5' 2"!!!!

• Love 3

I thought I heard that... thanks for confirming! Now at least I know I'm not totally losing my mind.

• Love 1

I honestly thought Tyra was going to make Bello, Devin and Courtney the top 3, but thankfully I was proven wrong. So glad Bello and Courtney did not get to come back to the competition, and Devin may (or may not) get eliminated at the beginning of the next episode. However I cannot be so lucky so I predict Devin will not be eliminated but be in the final 2 and even win. Probably he will have a redemption arc once he gets to Vegas and starts turning it out photo after photo just like Keith did in Korea, while the current forerunners (Lacey and Nyle) get weaker and weaker. Dear God I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

I honestly thought Tyra was going to make Bello, Devin and Courtney the top 3, but thankfully I was proven wrong. So glad Bello and Courtney did not get to come back to the competition, and Devin may (or may not) get eliminated at the beginning of the next episode. However I cannot be so lucky so I predict Devin will not be eliminated but be in the final 2 and even win. Probably he will have a redemption arc once he gets to Vegas and starts turning it out photo after photo just like Keith did in Korea, while the current forerunners (Lacey and Nyle) get weaker and weaker. Dear God I hope I am wrong.

I think Devin will have a redemption arc that makes him maybe top 3, but I can't see him winning unless they can edit out every bit of his personality.

• Love 2

So I realize that Bello is all about the over-the-top manufactured drama, but am I the only one who has absolutely no idea what went down between him and Hadassah? I don't recall noticing much in the way of a relationship at all, and then all of a sudden he's acting like she murdered his puppy. Did I miss something?

From the earlier episodes, it looked like Bello was Hadassah's roommate and the only one she hung around once Mame started focusing completely on Justin.  It was funny that he expected her to fall back into step with him after he came back. She was probably relieved once he left for good!

I want to say that maybe I can see Devin doing work in those weird Skittles ads or the Cheetos (?) ads with the tiger(?) BUT he's so damn weird! He laughs in the weirdest way at the most irrational moments I honestly thing there's something very wrong with him.