Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: New Beginnings, My Ass

• Start Topic

I have to say, there were quite a number of cringeworthy moments for me:

1. Dorinda and John's dinner.  Memo to John: She's just not that into you.

2. Bethenny leaving Ramona hanging with the high-five while Ramona frantically blinks and twitches.  What was that??

3. Bethenny unleashing the "drive by therapy" on the poor, innocent guy at the bar.  It was funny for about 5 seconds, but the way Bethenny just went on and on and on and on made me cringe something awful.  And I say this as someone who usually laughs at Bethenny's wisecracks.

4. Ramona's "toast."  Bethenny and LuAnn interrupting was partially the reason for the cringing, but if that's what Ramona comes up with for a toast, I sure hope she paid big bucks for a damn good ghostwriter for her book.  (P.S. Does Bethenny get any kind of cut off of Ramona's book deal/sales since she came up with the term "Ramonacoster"?  Haha.)

P.S. I agree with those of you who just doesn't get the "sexy" vibes from Adam.  He's no troll, but he's certainly not hot either.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  As long as he float's Carole's boat and makes her happy, then that's all that matters.

Edited by LIGirl
  • Love 11

I thought this was the most boring Season Finale ever.

I agree.  It was a mess.  I usually save episodes to watch again a time or two, but this one got deleted right away.  Boring and worthless.

• Love 8

From the way LuAnn was acting IMO, she comes off as more jealous she didn't get Adam.

Didn't the reunion teaser clip shown on WWHL show during the Carole & LuAnn confrontation about Adam  Lu saying... "and you don'r sleep with the help"?

Oh yeah.  Usually my mind glazes over at ho-hum jealousy accusations, but here it totally fits.  Lu wanted him, but Carole got him -- and Lu is absolutely seething & boiling with jealousy.

Er, in the reunion teaser I saw, someone said the guy sleeping in Bethenny's room was 21.  Oh man, that made me howl.  So Lu's married guy was probably around the same age.  Oh Lu, Lu, Lu, Lu, so you like yourself some random young dick -- and lots of it, eh?  Oh Noel & sulky Victoria, are ya surprised?  Please, Lu.  Give up on this pretentious bullshit you hold onto for dear life.  Enough already.  We know who you are.  Might as well revel in your sluttiness as Sonja does.  Why not?

• Love 9

Carole should've punched LuAnn in the cooch. Hag.

Beth needs a ball gag, or a tranquilizer dart to the neck. I'm sure she can get either in SG red.

I thought this was the most boring Season Finale ever.

Right? At least Heather can't be blamed for this shitfest of an episode.

• Love 13

LIGirl

Today. 3:29 am

I've never been a fan of LuAnn (or the Countess) and never will be. She IS a vile, hypocritical piece of shit who doesn't think her own shit stinks

WHOLEheartedly agree!

Thank goodness that I dropped-kicked her off the Ho'wives' Isle in THE voting.

• Love 4

Er, Lu, sorry to tell ya this, but a liar is one who lies.  You should know ALL about that, hun.

I don't think forcing anyone to drink is hilarious.  Fuck off, Dorito, with badgering Carole to drink something she didn't want.  Hated that nasty shit.

Yeah, no words for Lu's vile crack to Carole about not having any kids to introduce Adam to.  You could see the pain in Carole's face when Lu made that exceptionally cruel remark.  And that she cackled that evil vile laugh after she spewed that shit was horrible.  You suck, Lu -- you really, really suck.  But i'm glad you showed us how heartless you actually are, Lu.

And the other vile remark in this ep was by Josh the dickhead after Kristen said she only cooked 5 meals in their whole marriage & he said they were 5 shitty meals.  Did anyone see the look on Kristen's face?  She looked like she wanted to cry.  He may have been silent this whole season, but an asshole always stays an asshole.

Sonja behaved like an utter fool & moron in this ep.  I didn't find her amusing, cute, adorable or fun.  Just dumb.  This ep felt very, very forced for me.  Stupid re-hashed fights over nothing I cared about.  This had to be the worst finale ever.  I watched 2 more times & I still am baffled by what Heather said to Bethenny at Moaner's party.  I hope you make more sense in your business dealings, Heather.  

And oh man, oh man, oh man, how I hate & despise any & all talk of this girl code crapola.  First it was "having your back" & then non-stop babble on bullying & now this?  Yup, in Satan Andy's world ALL 50 year old women act like they're in junior high.  Oy.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 18

I liked Bethenny's appartment, despite the white it seemed warmed. Except for "the art". I hated those especially the grey one in the bedroom. It's not art, it's glorified wallpaper.

Regarding the rest of the episode, I'll quote Adam who summed it up during his first encounter with Dorinda : "All right. Yeah. Cool."

• Love 4

This is what I think the deal is with Lu and Adamgate. She's pissed because she wanted to fuck Adam, he wasn't interested and Carole got to him first. On WWHL Andy showed a little preview of the reunion of Lu saying one of the reason's she pissed at Carole is because Adam was in her house, working for her (as a chef), and you just don't fool around with "the help"!. Yep, folks, there it is. Lu in all her snobby, elitist glory. The reunion is gonna be good.

I don't care how successful Sonja's fashion show was, (even though you can only buy her clothes on line), she is batshit crazy. She was behaving like a child at Ramona's party. I'm so sick of the pile up on Kristin. Although, Kristin needs to take a lesson from the A-list celebs on how to deflect an answer to a question that you know is gonna come back to bite you in the ass later if you answer it truthfully.

• Love 19

The reason that Sonja is delusional to be mad at Kristen she says the reporter was a personal friend and she did so much work to get the press there and how dare Kristen mentions the toaster oven (though the clip did show the reporter brought it up), be pissed at the press coverage and reporter friend that thought writing paragraphs about Kristen' s instagram was more interesting than your clothes, same with the press covering Bethenney/Ramonas fight rather than your clothes.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
I don't think forcing anyone to drink is hilarious.  Fuck off, Dorito, with badgering Carole to drink something she didn't want.  Hated that nasty shit.

And wasn't it something spicy? And with orange juice? Just hearing about it made my stomach turn (I come from the Shannon Beador school of drinking). Then again, it seemed like Dorinda could see an argument was occurring and was trying to diffuse it, but she was just doing a really bad job of it.

• Love 5

So Heather gets the worst epilogue quote ever, that doesn't even have anything to do with her own life, and Beth gets a "the best is yet to come" - i.e. "I'll be back to torture you next season." Let alone B gets the WWHL spot tonight. Greeeaaat ...

Now that I've seen it referenced several times, I am slowly going crazy trying to remember what her sign off even was. Can someone remind me? What I mostly remember is the disgusting plug for the Countesseses "song". 

Bethenny was on WWHL and said there might have been some legitimacy to Luann's claim that Heather and Carole were trying to catch her with a guy in T&C due to her earlier behavior in St. Bart's. Except that makes no sense because they thought Luann's trick was the guy in Beth's room who had wandered off. Stirring the pot, I guess. She really is Andy's (you should pardon the expression) ho. 

Looking forward to the reunion, especially since Ramona presumably won't be pulling the same crap she did last year.

• Love 8

Bethenny was on WWHL and said there might have been some legitimacy to Luann's claim that Heather and Carole were trying to catch her with a guy in T&C due to her earlier behavior in St. Bart's. Except that makes no sense because they thought Luann's trick was the guy in Beth's room who had wandered off. Stirring the pot, I guess. She really is Andy's (you should pardon the expression) ho.

They also didn't even go to her room first and only went there after Ro told them to go ask Lu, I think the last thing on their mind was St. Brats or catching her in the act.

• Love 15

AnnA

Today. 5:16 am

Damn! That woman just can't keep food in her mouth.

...Sonja. I wonder if her vet prescribed some new meds for her.

☆☆ hahaha! You guys are killing me! I'm going to be found with a smile frozen on my face, my somewhat trusty E-pad clamped tightly in my grasp with my finger resting on the keyboard. (lol)!☆☆

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 3

Idk if I'm alone here, but I just don't get the physical appeal of Adam. I never see him as anything but scruffy, scraggly, unkempt & possibly unclean. And that topknot thingie? Ew.

No, you are not the only one. Especially that greasy top knot thing. It looks like when he takes it down, ants might crawl out of it. I didn't want to say anything as to not offend someone who'd inevitably say, "My husband, MrPoopinthePants, has that same nasty looking bun on his head and we haven't had to use one can of Raid in 24 years, thank you very much!"

I think Sonja desperately wanted Bethenny's approval and couldn't wait to tell her how she too had been violated by Kristin in "the press!" Kristin is so much better than me. I would tell Sonja to go sit her raggedy mouth down.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 8

And how is she ever going to start bringing John to the south of France when he can't tell a piece of burrata from a boiled egg?  What a boorish yahoo he is.  All as a steady stream of pasta sauce goes drooling out her mouth.  

At least she's lucky her barbarian of a boyfriend is a dry cleaner.

Oh, I'm sure Dorinda--poor thing--is making all the concessions in the world for John because of what she told her friend about John when they first started dating, "He's a fat, rich Armenian..." (possibly with a big dick). 

I still can't get over how blatant her friend was in talking about why Dorinda was attracted to John. 

I have never liked Luann.  EVER! 

(This is all I have for the whole episode.)  Yawn!

Nope! Me either. Her hypocrisy, her snobby behavior, all of it is a turn off. I can also now add her to the Aviva list with that crack about Carole not having any children. LuAnn was no better with that than Aviva was for telling Carole that at least she (Aviva) is not 50 and without a husband.

• Love 5

Since the REunion was taped prior to:

1.) Magnanimously[HEAVY sarcasm] ALLOWING Heather to be shown in a positive light

2.) Showing Bitchenny "getting along" with Heather, but not before altering Bethenny from a hysterical and tiresome 'ho' to a less hysterical and tiresome 'ho'

AND

3.) C(o)untess Lay-many-a-man blithely spearing Carole with an unconscionably nasty ass remark bathed in a smug derogatory tone

AND

4.) Dumbrinda's crumb achieving the status of PRIMA BALLERINA as she spat and raised the "barre" on motherf_ _ _ _n' hypocrisy

will the questioning of the 'Ho'(wives?)pertain to any of the aforementioned?

• Love 7

Why Bravo, why? Why have we gotten to see zero interaction between Heather and Lu since the jean decorating party when they made up? They have been together on several occasions, but we see nothing. Since there is a public dispute between the two of them as to whether or not Lu was really so mad at Heather at the time that she was willing to end their friendship, or just made it all up after the fact, why not let us see for ourselves? It seems like from a couple of these pictures that they were fine at Ramona's party. If I were Heather this would be beyond frustrating to me.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/photos/the-rhony-wives-celebrate-new-beginnings-with-ramona/item/10732801

• Love 9

I think what Bethenny meant was that LuAnn legitimately believed they were trying to catch her with a guy in her bed, using LuAnn trying so hard to hide bedding the pirate on their last trip as an example of why that is where her mind went, even though that wasn't the actual reason why Heather busted into her room.  LuAnn wasn't just saying that to create a diversion from the real situation, it's truly what she thought was behind their actions.

LuAnn has had me all season, I've been enjoying the hell out of her, but that one comment to Carole about not having children and meaning it as a jab was beyond the pale  That was the kind of cruel, low-down dirty shit Ramona would say but I didn't see it coming from LuAnn, and if it felt like a big donkey kick in the gut to (childless not by choice) me, then I empathize completely with Carole and how that must have made her feel.   Also, while I have always considered Girl Code to exclusively mean that you never get with one of your girlfriends' exes (or with them while they are current), I think taking an argument to such a painfully personal woman-to-woman level counts as breaking girl code.  That was a bridge way too fucking far.

Speaking of bridges, I will never forgive or forget when Ramona verbally eviscerated Bethenny years ago as they walked across the Brooklyn bridge, saying Bethenny had no friends, her fiancée would leave her and she and would end up alone, essentially calling her unlovable.  I guess if Bethenny couldn't stay mad at Ramona for that then she truly can't stay mad at her for any reason, but I'll never understand it.  All I can do is appreciate that now Ramona is in many ways alone, and in my opinion she IS unlovable, so I hope she's enjoying her karma.

Sonja acted like a lunatic over the toaster oven comment.  I hope she feels like a giant ass now that she has seen the footage from the interview, but it's not her style to ever admit she was wrong and apologize - best she will do on the reunion is deflect, deflect, deflect.

Even with the things that bugged me, I really enjoyed this season.  I got some genuine laughs out of it, I was engaged and for the most part interested in what was going on.  I'm looking forward to the reunion, because on WWHL it has been said many times by different people that Ramona pulls something that has never been pulled before.  Whatever it is, I'm sure it will piss me off.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 22

I couldn't believe that TH spiel of Liar LuAnn's regarding Carole. How dumb does she believe the audience to be? Liar LuAnn is the one that deflects on a regular basis, not Carole. In fact the TH was Liar LuAnn deflecting. I don't believe a word Liar LuAnn has to say about what happened on their vacation, she wouldn't even admit to being hangover!

Then that maniacal laughter after the seriously rude no children jab, Liar LuAnn, you're just vile.

• Love 17

Now that I've seen it referenced several times, I am slowly going crazy trying to remember what her sign off even was. Can someone remind me? What I mostly remember is the disgusting plug for the Countesseses "song". 

Looking forward to the reunion, especially since Ramona presumably won't be pulling the same crap she did last year.

I think Bethenny's point was that Beth could see that Luann might think that even though Beth did not think that was the reason that they went charging into Lu's room.  Beth was trying to cut the countess some slack.  Beth has said several times she could understand why Luann was upset (due to Luann's wrong assumptions) and why Heather and Carol were upset about the stranger in the apartment.

• Love 9

Idk if I'm alone here, but I just don't get the physical appeal of Adam.  I never see him as anything but scruffy, scraggly, unkempt & possibly unclean.  And that topknot thingie?  Ew.  Look, he seems pleasant enough, if enormously dull & unopinionated.  I know, I know, it's personal preference.  Seems like every thread on each ep, there are a bunch of comments from those who say he's sexy.  Shrugging hard cuz I'm just not seeing it.

What the hell was Heather's comment to Bethenny on choosing to act like bitch about?  Guess I have to watch again cuz I didn't understand her point at all.  Bethenny looked baffled.  I was too.

I've been baffled from the beginning about Adam's supposed hotness. I actually find him quite unattractive with his small eyes, long scrawny nose replete with scrawny shapeless body and then that scraggly hippie hair. I'm also mildly traumatized by this guy who stalked me and had that long unkempt hair and hippie style so whenever I see Adam I recoil. 

To each her own, obviously.

Heather makes me cringe the most because she's the most naturally unsexy, uncool, and unfun but not OK with it. It's like seeing a strict old-fashioned mother trying to keep up with her daughter's friends. There's nothing wrong with being the stable, mature one, yet she's so embarrassingly tryhard in proving she is fun and cool, too. I can't with the outdated/inaccurate slang (it's not "bye bye") and "Holla Honey" sounds so desperately uncool.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 2

It was almost like Sonja was acting. It didn't seem the least bit real.

My jaw dropped when LuAnn said that to Carole about not having children. Just an episode or so ago when Carole was in London, she said that maybe she would've been one of the women pushing the double carriage driving everyone crazy. Low blow Lu.

• Love 15

Didn't the reunion teaser clip shown on WWHL show during the Carole & LuAnn confrontation about Adam  Lu saying... "and you don'r sleep with the help"?

IIRC Lu said you don't sleep with the ......( pause ) people who work for you.

What a bitch she was 110mph on her way to saying "the help"but paused and obviously changed it. Someone has coached her as to how elitist and condescending it is to refer to employees as the help. What a snotty bitch. Do as I say not as I screw. LUANN!

• Love 9

Poor Kristen she cannot win. Sonja looked Matronly in her getup and was all kinds of whacked out.

Speaking of Adderall. Bethenny didn't wanna go to this party so she doubled up on her Adderall, accessoried with an extra big chip on her shoulder and walked into the saloon with her guns loaded to turn the thing into a shit show to pay everyone back for being forced to attend. Jason Hoppy could write us a primer on her skills at this I bet. She is so cocky about her place on top of Andys totem pole that she just mocks everyone and is makes sure she throws her weight around so everyone knows she is tops. She is not part of an ensemble she is there to promote herself only. She was very rude to Ramona's brother. And a crass bitch to the guy she mocked (and mocked and mocked) at the bar.

Bethenny just lift your leg and piss on the tires of everyone's Town cars and get it over with don't ruin the party.

The stock shots of Bethennys apartment pictures were planted & stylized and not shot the day Carole was there. The kitchen art is not up over Carole's shoulder. The lamp by the balcony is not in the stills either.

How many times (and octaves) did Dorinda say no no no no NO No NO in the beginning of the Kristin v Sonja fight I laughed and backed that shit up ten times! Sloppy fucking drunk!

Adams slack jawed uuummmm and yaaaaah and vocal fry gets him the hook immediately for me. Buh bye.

Luann is vile. Her poor (latchkey) kids.

• Love 23

Yeesh.  I have this scenario in my head with all the HWs huddled around a producer just before the party starts.  The producer is coaching them, "OK ladies, this is it, this is the final play, the final scene, the LAST CHANCE to get your air time in!!!  How about we make it interesting here and offer a nice big cash BONUS to the HW who gets the most airtime, huh?  Yeah, that's the spirit, I know you got it in you!  Now go out there and let the fur fly!  It doesn't matter what you say, whether it makes any sense or not, the most ridiculous and hurtful remarks will be the most likely to make it to air.  Now, WHO wants that bonus?  And, ACTION!!!!"

• Love 12

It's so funny, looking back at the start of this season I had such different feelings about many of these women. I started out the season loving LuAnn, now I'm pretty disgusted by her. I also started out the season naively duped into thinking Ramona truly had changed and being quite impressed with her. But um, yea, New Beginnings, my ass! She's the same as she as ever was. On the contrary, I started out the season finding Carole to be trying too hard and very annoying, and Heather a bossy, suffocating bitch. But now I'm enjoying both of them. I think that's why I like this franchise so much. They always keep me guessing! 

I think someone should tell John that Dorinda's just not that into him. I'm sorry, but when you're making some grand, romantic statement and your girlfriend lets go of your hands to continue eating? Warning, warning, danger, Will Robinson! I just felt so sad for him when he was proclaiming her to be the love of his life, because he'll never be that for her. 

Also, I love how it's perfectly acceptable for her to drunkenly shout "motherfucking bitch" at Ramona's party, when just a few weeks prior she was chiding Heather for being so classless as to use the "f" word when she speaks. Okay, then. 

Sonja is as whack-a-doo as ever. She totally attacked Kristen for absolutely no reason. She didn't even read the press piece she was so upset about! It was probably one of her inept interns who did it. But now we have it on camera - the freaking reporter asked about the toaster oven. Hey, if the press is more interested in that damn toaster oven than your "International Fashion Lifestyle Brand", maybe that should tell you something. Don't take it out on poor Kristen. I thought she actually handled the question well. She could have said, "No, I don't think it will ever happen because Sonja never follows through on anything". 

I'm just over LuAnn and her problem with Carole. I do get that it would probably be weird to see Adam with Carole, knowing your niece is hurting over it. But oh well, they're obviously not going to break up so it's time to get over it. And she actually seemed cool about it for awhile, so it doesn't make sense that she's all up in arms about it again. I think Lu is just SO damned convinced that Heather and Carole were trying to expose her sexcapades to the world, that she'll take any opportunity to slight them. And that dig about Carole not having kids was just really low. 

Ramona, I have little to say about her. She's a mess, she always will be. No one should really exhaust themselves trying to sort things out with her, because it's like hitting a brick wall. 

Excited for the reunion!

• Love 21

I came away from this episode with two things:

1)  I think the trip to London really solidified Dorinda's love for her late husband and maybe, as much as she enjoys John's company, she really is happy to just be dating and not to make a long-term commitment.  She faced a big 'monster', as she put it, by going to London with Carole and discovered there would be life after her late husband and is now prepared to enjoy it and move on.

2)  I think we may've seen the last of the Countess.  I noticed two references in the captions from the epilogue that said something about others not talking to her anymore.  Maybe she's finished and made the attempt to get herself written out.

• Love 8
How many times (and octaves) did Dorinda say no no no no NO No NO in the beginning of the Kristin v Sonja fight I laughed and backed that shit up ten times! Sloppy fucking drunk!

It was so funny watching Dorinda trying to burst her way into everyone's fight. I think she was doing the same thing with Bethenny and Ramona. She would get all crazy, drunkenly shouting "no! no! no!" at people, and then when no one payed her a lick of attention, she'd just stand there in a daze. How long were they there? Because she seemed to be in slurring category almost from the get go. I just wonder if there was a lot of earlier stuff that got edited out, or did she arrive drunk, or what?

• Love 8

I think that was Heather's last ditch, Hail Mary attempt to start something. Before the cameras stopped rolling for the season. I almost wished she would have succeeded.  Anything would have been better than Beth's verbal assault on that unsuspecting, innocent man who was absolutely clueless about what she and Heather were going on about.  I felt like I needed a Xanax after watching that mess.

That was a strange scene.  I had to laugh that Bethenny and Ramona looked as confused as I was as to why Heather interrupted their conversation, and what her point actually was.

• Love 8

Well, well, well. Although some people were pearl-clutching back in the day over his comments, turns out old Simon was right all along about his nickname for the Countess.  "Just take away the 'u' and...."  What a fucking bitch she is for her child-free shaming remarks -- among MANY other classless, rude, and snobbish things she's done and said this season (oh and all the seasons prior). 

I wanna re-cast my vote in the "who do you want to see gone" poll.  2 votes for YOU, Lu!

Watching this a bit late and without enough attention ... But Carole says "Adam and I"--ugh. I haven't read "What Remains" yet (hoping to find it as an ebook at my library in Brooklyn) but am increasingly wondering if she really did write that book. Her tweets are juvenile and illiterate. She was a TV producer ... not perhaps a writer. Plus, I really, really hate her cutesy persona. That is not what is really hip in NYC. She is an irritating, pretentious wannabe.

Just as somebody with excellent grammar skills doesn't necessarily make a good, compelling writer...the opposite is just as true.  You can be so-so to downright not-so-good at grammar and spelling and still be a good writer.  It's all about the editing.  In this case, however, she was speaking and not writing.  I give people even more of a pass on that.  Even the most intelligent and articulate amongst us jumble up words and phrases from time to time. 

I couldn't believe that TH spiel of Liar LuAnn's regarding Carole. How dumb does she believe the audience to be? Liar LuAnn is the one that deflects on a regular basis, not Carole. In fact the TH was Liar LuAnn deflecting. I don't believe a word Liar LuAnn has to say about what happened on their vacation, she wouldn't even admit to being hangover!

Then that maniacal laughter after the seriously rude no children jab, Liar LuAnn, you're just vile.

Seriously.  Bitch, do you think we've forgotten about  your "Italian friends" during Pirate-gate?  If anybody's been caught red-handed in some serious lies, it's you, Lu.  Not Carole. 

• Love 17

It was almost like Sonja was acting. It didn't seem the least bit real.

My jaw dropped when LuAnn said that to Carole about not having children. Just an episode or so ago when Carole was in London, she said that maybe she would've been one of the women pushing the double carriage driving everyone crazy. Low blow Lu.

Sonja did seem like she was acting. As someone else pointed out, she couldn't wait to tell Beth. "I, too, was wronged by Kristen."

Kristen is better than me, because I would have been like, shut up you delusional bitch and walked away.

Luann was horrible to Carole. We know now why she went out of her way to paint Carole in a bad light. Lu is a nasty woman. I agree with the person who said it's the kind of low blow I'd expect from Ramona.

Lu is such a bitch. Nothing, nothing, she is saying makes sense.

I admit I have always enjoyed Lu. Even her ridiculous countess bs. She made me laugh.

Not anymore, she has been vile and cruel to people that were her friends, imo just to stay on a show.

I'm sure Noel was plenty embarrassed by Lu's and his sister's performance on WWHL singing girl code. Not to mention pirate gate. Nice try Lu, trying to put the responsibility on Carole is beyond laughable.

I can't stand Ramona but damn shut Beth, let crazy Ramona make stupid toast, and be done with it.

That poor guy at the bar. Beth doesn't know when to end the "joke".

• Love 19

End of season thought: Luanne is an asshole. And this is coming from someone (me!) who does not use that language in my real life!

Asshole (taking advantage of the opportunity to let it rip here anonymously)!!! Effin ASSHOLE!

Edit: what is interesting? I don't think I even need to articulate why I think this! Her behaviour and comments in this episode demonstrate my opinion very clearly.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 10

- Dorinda proving once again how fucking ridiculous she was in Turks and Caicos going on about the word "fuck."

I think that's part of why she went off like that.  She's admitted it was a silly argument that got out of control crazy over nothing.  I think she was just trying to joke about it.

• Love 4

I didn't get Dorinda's incredulity over John wanting to have the relationship talk in a pizza place. If she was really into him, I don't think it would have bothered her so much.

As for LuAnn calling Carole a liar, I got two words: Italian friends. (Whoops, I see that Duke2801 already made that point!)

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 8
Again, Joshie-poo was inside a fancy-looking joint wearing that dumb hat?  Me thinks Josh the dickhead was lamely trying to hide his plugs.

I think Josh is doing the "Kenny Chesney" where he's just going to wear hats all the time so no one can tell his hair is thinning.  The comment about her food was mean.  I can see making that comment at home when it's just the two of you and you are being playful teasing, but in public in a group it's humiliating.  She was already making a self-deprecating joke about how she does not cook, he just has to kick her once more for good measure.  

Luanne - I love her and I always defend her but that remark was cold.  Shut up Luanne.

I loved Bethenny's apartment.  I saved the episode on my DVR so I can go back and watch the tour of her house again.

I don't think forcing anyone to drink is hilarious.  Fuck off, Dorito, with badgering Carole to drink something she didn't want.  Hated that nasty shit.

Yeah like take your margarita and back that shit up MFer!  

I really liked that scene where Adam says to Dorinda "You got any weed man?  It'd be a lot cooler if you did".  Haaaa haa ok that only happened in my imagination.  But it seems like it could be real.  LOL 

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 12

Watching this a bit late and without enough attention ... But Carole says "Adam and I"--ugh. I haven't read "What Remains" yet (hoping to find it as an ebook at my library in Brooklyn) but am increasingly wondering if she really did write that book. Her tweets are juvenile and illiterate. She was a TV producer ... not perhaps a writer. Plus, I really, really hate her cutesy persona. That is not what is really hip in NYC. She is an irritating, pretentious wannabe.

"Adam and I went to the store."

"Adam and I are in a relationship."

"Adam and I think LouAnne is a bitch."

In ancient times, when I was in school, these were considered correct.  I keep running across posts where this is pointed out. Am I missing something or did the rules change?

• Love 17

"Adam and I went to the store."

"Adam and I are in a relationship."

"Adam and I think LouAnne is a bitch."

In ancient times, when I was in school, these were considered correct.  I keep running across posts where this is pointed out. Am I missing something or did the rules change?

Nope you are not missing anything-- the above is grammatically correct.

I assumed the poster meant that she had heard Carole say something to the affect of "Luanne is talking shit about Adam and I." (note: this is a completely made-up quote and I, personally, don't recall Carole using "Adam and I" as the subject pronoun of any sentence. 

• Love 6

Sonja deserves to be punched repeatedly in the face.  I can only assume most of her teeth are fake, so little harm done.  Visit to Dr. Sharon Giese, a bunch of injections, and she's back to new and trying to rub her nalgas against someone, anyone, with a line of credit and a desire to overspend at Nello's.  She is a piece of shit.  And so pathetic.  She is NEVAH hooking a rich old fish to her slack lure ever again.  Ever.  What a loser.  Good luck with the inevitable deposition for the fraud trial arising out of the clothing line, ho!

LuAnn.  What the FUCK.  I feel so stupid for ever liking her breezy, bangs-a-lot persona.  What a nasty person she is at her core.  I'm actually shocked and embarrassed, because I shouldn't be shocked, I guess.

There is a constant, low-grade epidemic of pedestrians getting mowed down in Manhattan, and in particular in parts of the Upper East Side.  Ramona terrorizes the Upper East Side, and walks like Lurch.   Can't a viewer dream?  Egads.

• Love 14

Add me to the chorus - I was a fan of Luann last season - this year have lost all respect for her. The comment to Carole was beyond cruel and insensitive. Women who have children seem to think women who don't are less of a woman or selfish or whatever. Having or not having children is the most personal decision and you can't know or judge someone's choice. Besides the fact she knew Carole's situation. Unforgivable.

All in all a boring season finale. I kept wanting Bravo to at least put subtitles at the bottom of the screen as the noise level at Ramona's party made it hard to hear what people were saying, but I don't think I missed much.

If anyone isn't invited back next season, please let it be Kristen. Besides the fact that she's boring and adds nothing, I can't deal with her douchebag husband and that dumbass hat one more time.

• Love 6

I noticed that Ramona did not have a bevy of "hot guys" at her party, I thought for sure she would have hired some to fawn all over her, you know, to show Mario what he is missing.

Sonja must have thought she was attending an afternoon wedding in London since she donned her best fascinator and I will ask this question in vain...why wouldn't she wear something from her own International Lifestyle Heritage Brand to every event she can? 

I liked Lu's black cocktail dress, I missed who her date was but I did notice he was age appropriate (nor was he dressed like a pirate so I guess she is not sleeping with him).

Heather went out with sort of a fizzle, her little message at the end was lack luster. 

Josh should head to HA, (Hats Anonymous)

I am not getting all the fuss over Adam, I am sure he is a nice guy but...I would be surprised if he is still around next season (unless he still is then I am wrong).  Luann may not have the story right about her niece and him. who broke up with whom?  It's not like Adam dumped the niece for Carole. Although my husband was divorced for 8 years before I came along his kids still think I am a home wrecker. So I guess Luann will dig her heals in about that, pity.

Edited by ParkCirclegirl
  • Love 9

I think someone should tell John that Dorinda's just not that into him. I'm sorry, but when you're making some grand, romantic statement and your girlfriend lets go of your hands to continue eating? Warning, warning, danger, Will Robinson! I just felt so sad for him when he was proclaiming her to be the love of his life, because he'll never be that for her. 

Excited for the reunion!

I don't think Dorinda is ready for another committed relationship.  She is still mourning Richard in a BIG way.  I think she loves John, but I think she views him as more of a companion than a life partner.  Maybe she's like Ramona and has a need to be in a relationship.  I felt bad for both of them.  John seems to adore her and wants to be with her.  She was, obviously, uncomfortable with him showering her with the sentiments she still feels about Richard.  I don't think he will ever be the next love of her life, maybe over time, but I think the loss of Richard is still very much an open wound.

• Love 13

I assumed the poster meant that she had heard Carole say something to the affect of "Luanne is talking shit about Adam and I." (note: this is a completely made-up quote and I, personally, don't recall Carole using "Adam and I" as the subject pronoun of any sentence. 

The difference is whether the pronoun is the subject or the object in a particular sentence.  So . . .

Adam and I are talking shit about LuAnn. ("I" is part of a compound subject.)

LuAnn is talking shit about Adam and me.  ("Me" is part of a compound object.)

The easiest way to tell which pronoun you need is to take away the other part of the compound.  You wouldn't say "LuAnn is talking shit about I" so it wouldn't be "about Adam and I."

Carole did get it wrong.

On actual topic.  I wouldn't pay Bethenny five cents for the quality of her drive-by therapy, not at the party and not on WWHL.  And I think living in her new place would be like living in a concrete bunker, with those tiny, way-high windows. But it is consistent with keeping those walls up, I guess.

Based on the clip of the reunion and where Sonja was seated, I think she may be a goner.

• Love 10