Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Can someone please remind me what Ben H does for a living?

At least he's not as greasy-looking as the rest of the cast this season. This has been a disturbing group to watch.

His caption last night said "Software Salesman". His LinkedIn profile says he's a business analyst at Talisys, and apparently he still works there. He went to Indiana University and graduated in 2012, which makes me feel really old.

Heh.  Me too.  My son went to Indiana University and graduated in 2012.  I probably saw Ben graduate.  (But, you know, massive college graduation... you can't even really be sure you're seeing your own kid. LOL  Or at least hubby wasn't sure.  I was. ;-) )

• Love 2

That was a quick announcement. I wonder if they are trying to keep people from jumping ship on the whole franchise after this season. Don't they usually wait to announce this?

It's not the official announcement by ABC.  EOnline got wind and decided to announce it as a "scoop."

The cops weren't called for something like that?

Makes you wonder if JJ was mouthing off to somebody at the party, and they took it badly.  And he's from Denver.  What the hell does he know about gangs?

Something sounds very OFF to me.  

• Love 1

That sounds weird, where were they having this party? South Central LA? A gang just jumped them for no reason, didn't even try to rob them and then Ben Z by himself broke the whole thing up? LOL No cops called, no security? 

• Love 1

So, does this make any sense at all?

JJ and the crew member left the after-party in a club and were getting the worst of it until ...

"...someone ran into the club to grab fellow contestant Ben Zorn. The hardbodied, badass jumped in and broke up the fight.

JJ suffered 2 black eyes, and his suit got shredded, but witnesses tell us he fought the good fight, considering the numbers. JJ believes the attackers were a gang, according to our sources.

...For some reason, neither JJ nor anyone on the production chose to call cops about the brawl.

You know clubs have security, esp. TB would have their own security. But what did they do? Call Ben Z?  And instead of calling the police himself, he flew outside (like Superman) and took on the 5 gang members (or whatever) himself, saving the day?

And Ben Z is a "hardbodied badass"?

This is one weird story.

Marriage boot camp is a terrible show. The people running it are NOT therapists, but they are called therapists on the show. They put the couples through exercise designed to exploit their weaknesses and humiliate them on tv. The most recent episode I watched was awful, they gave the couples puppets and had them demonstrate their sexual positions.

If Sean and Catherine really wanted HELP, They would go to a therapist , not sensationalize their problems for fame and glory and public humiliation.

Talking about your sex life in front of honey boo boo' s Mama June? You can't get any lower than that.

• Love 5

In their wedding special, she couldn't shut up about how she couldn't wait to have sex with Sean and even allowed the cameras to film the "boudoir" shoot she was doing as her wedding present to him, so I can totally see her sharing details of their sex life. And I still think she made a huge mistake marrying Sean without sleeping with him first, since sex is evidently very important to her.

• Love 3

I am SCREAAAAMING! Oh the irony of SeanCat airing that out for the world to see. Hilarious. I mean, Catherine basically changed her personality for him so she might as well suck it up now. To be fair, I've always believed they would be the first Bachelor Nation divorce so....

• Love 1

So much for "GROWN SEXY".

Sounds like Catherine is looking for "groan sexy" now and not getting it. Now it makes sense why Sean was "re-virginized" just long enough to lock down a wife. He probably drove all of his past girlfriends away with his lackluster performance. So the wedding special overdid it with the overdubbed train chugging and whistle sound effects. They should have went with one of those carnival kiddie ride trains with a little bell: "ding-ding!"

• Love 8

Sounds like Catherine is looking for "groan sexy" now and not getting it. Now it makes sense why Sean was "re-virginized" just long enough to lock down a wife. He probably drove all of his past girlfriends away with his lackluster performance. So the wedding special overdid it with the overdubbed train chugging and whistle sound effects. They should have went with one of those carnival kiddie ride trains with a little bell: "ding-ding!"

LMAO! Or they should have used that sad trombone 'wah wah wah' sound.

• Love 2

I can't believe Catherine blabbed all that in front of Mama June and company.  I think I need brain bleach just thinking about it.

i don't have cable so I've never seen this show but I might have to see if WE puts the episodes up on their website cause I just might have to see this for myself.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but just saw in the new TV Guide that Sean Lowe and Jason Mesnick are going to be on Celibrity Wife Swap.

I just saw their episode is being shown tonight on ABC, 9 central time. I might actually have to watch this one.

I watched Celebrity Wife Swap. Molly is a local girl and she and Jason came off as normal and having a good relationship. I thought that was mean of Catherine to have Jason wax his chest and it seems like she has to stifle herself to please Sean. Sean seems like a boring, selfish chauvinist.

• Love 4

I like Jason, Molly & Catherine on Celebrity Wife Swap. Poor Catherine came off lonely & stifled. I also doubt that she's just a homemaker, I thought she had a card business or party planning business? Something along those lines. Sean didn't come off well at all, he was so set in his gender roles! I did think it was odd that Catherine seemingly got mad so quickly at Sean trying something new without her.

Other than that, it seemed like they took the show in stride & didn't get so nuts.

I dont have much respect to 10ley but she is really into God's plan for her future. I think she tried to pressure him into pickin her before he signed and since he didnt, she should take it as a sign that it was not meant to be. She also said that she would not go on TB again but who really knows.

He already donate a lot of time to charlity work. In fact, he will be in Honduras for Humanity and Hope in Sept and will likely go from Honduras straight to the Bach set afterwards. People have speculated that one of the reason he wanted the gig was to promote various charlities.

Edited by wonald

Becca was a total zero for me on Chris's season.  No personality, a dull receptionist job, didn't finish college, and showed no spark.  Why the hell would the show even want her back for Ben?  I think he can do SO much better. 

And Becca ditching a meet with Jared that she prompted is just beyond rude.  She's an absolute loser to me.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

I also say nope to Britt.  I think she's moved on to other things that don't involve Bachelor nation, and I hope she stays far away.  I liked her a lot and don't want to see her wasting her gifts on this franchise.   

She's still friends with Brady.  Looks like pretty positive stuff they're both doing. 

https://instagram.com/p/7I-nafh14m/

https://instagram.com/p/7WRZ7jEjtD/

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

If the storyboard calls for a returnee in Ben's season, I personally think its down to Becca and Tenley on which reject gets cast in Ben H's season.   Maybe Tenley agrees to come on and get her bump to be the 2016 Bachelorette. 

I think Tenley is too old to keep going on these shows, even though she's only 31.  Plus, if she showed on Ben's season, that would be appearance #4 for this franchise.  And that number reeks of desperation.  She wasn't tapped for Bachelorette after her season with Jake or after appearing on Bachelor Pad.  

I think that while she's a very pretty & nice person, I believe her shelf life for being a lead is over.  

• Love 2

Geez I hate the revolving Bachelor door. Let's do one and done, Show, at least in terms of the little b's. Such an unfair sort of incestuous advantage for a previous little b to return to competing with those newbies who are supposedly unknown to the big B. I don't care who it is, if they aren't worthy in the producers' eyes of becoming a big B, then let them all just breed together away from our TV screens.

• Love 1

Big congrats to Ashley & her sweetie.  I imagine her nuptials will get media coverage, with her Bachelor Nation connection.  It seems that she made a lot of friends on both her showings.  But since she was a contestant and not a lead, I doubt there will be too many details splashed out until the actual wedding.  

• Love 1

I think Tenley is too old to keep going on these shows, even though she's only 31.  Plus, if she showed on Ben's season, that would be appearance #4 for this franchise.  And that number reeks of desperation.  She wasn't tapped for Bachelorette after her season with Jake or after appearing on Bachelor Pad.  

I think that while she's a very pretty & nice person, I believe her shelf life for being a lead is over.  

I agree unless they could find 25 age appropriate men.  It is a long shot that a guy over 30 could leave his career long enough and have the interest in the first place.   And they do want men with good jobs and not on the fringe.  

• Love 1

Thanks for bringing that, TVGlow!

I'm glad Fleiss realized that all the cliffhangers last season sucked and we hated them.  I'm curious about the new "component" that will accompany Ben's season, but I hope it's not just the same as After Paradise, with that horrible blonde woman.  

ABC ran the first promo for Ben's season during DWTS last night. Looks like your typical season and I was a little surprised by how much they showed. I figured it would just be mostly stuff from the first night but I saw stuff that definitely looked like group dates and one-on-one dates.

I'm not sure about that sort of crew cut they gave Ben and yes, he still looks very young and a little boyish, especially when he smiles. However, as a person who has never really found any of the Bachelor leads attractive, while I'm not swooning for him or anything, I did think he looked really adorable. I'm sure someone somewhere has a You Tube video of the promo. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1