Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Reality Steve posted that link on his site this morning, so loads of people now get a completely different take on Ashley.  I think she would create a totally new persona for BIP and I hope she does it.  Because we won't have Clare & the raccoon this go round.

Speaking of Reality Steve, what was his spoiler he's known about since November that was so earth-shattering that it would have broken the Internet had he revealed it? It can't be the dual Bachelorettes, because I do think that was a late-breaking decision, not something they had planned 4 months ago. He said that after it was revealed he'd write about it, right? What say he?

• Love 1

Steve said that when they left Bali, Kaitlyn went back to Iowa with them.  So she was sequestered in a local hotel for several days while he did his meet-the-parents and last dates with Whitney & Becca.

If people had known Kaitlyn was there too, the speculation that she was actually a finalist or other crazy scenarios would have run rampant and clogged up his email box.  He just didn't want to have to deal with the ensuing insanity. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

Saber, I actually found the article by just googling Ashley S. Reality Steve's website is scary. I visited once years ago, promptly picked up a virus and haven't been back since. I rely on you fine folks to relay his spoilers, so thanks for sharing the big secret from November, leighdear. He held back to avoid extra emails? Yawn.

• Love 1

Steve said that when they left Bali, Kaitlyn went back to Iowa with them.  So she was sequestered in a local hotel for several days while he did his meet-the-parents and last dates with Whitney & Becca.

If people had known Kaitlyn was there too, the speculation that she was actually a finalist or other crazy scenarios would have run rampant and clogged up his email box.  He just didn't want to have to deal with the ensuing insanity.

Well Damn!  How did I ever live without that information? 

Reality Steve's website is scary. I visited once years ago, promptly picked up a virus and haven't been back since.

Same thing happened to me, more like 3 years ago.  I do, however, miss RS when he used to be funny.  Some of his earliest recaps cracked me up.  He was a much better recapper than a sleuther. 

• Love 1

Saber, I actually found the article by just googling Ashley S. Reality Steve's website is scary. I visited once years ago, promptly picked up a virus and haven't been back since. I rely on you fine folks to relay his spoilers, so thanks for sharing the big secret from November, leighdear. He held back to avoid extra emails? Yawn.

I had to check the sig (memory lapses common!) to see if I had posted this. The same thing happened to me there--a virus and I haven't been back since. I much appreciate when people post it here, even though his big ego makes too much of everything now. (And I remember him from way back, even before his site was all virused-up).

I don't understand why Kaitlyn would go back to Iowa. I guess to throw people off? Seems depressing when you're really into the guy and he's dumped you (after imo sleeping with her in the FS). Now you're so close to the meeting with his family ... and two other women.  Hopefully she was sequestered far from Arlington, at least.

I can't figure why Kaityn would go to Iowa either, after being eliminated. It's not like it would be some big reveal if she went home since people seeing her wouldn't know if the show was done being filmed or not. I can't imagine being happy about being stuck in a hotel room in Dubuque for a week and not able to go out and do anything. Like you even want to go out when it's -10 degrees and a stiff wind blowing off the Mississippi.

I haven't been to RS's site for a long time and I, too, depend on 'yous guys' to relay his news. So don't let us down!

One late-night entertainment show went "behind the scenes" of TB. It said contestants are not paid, which surprised me. A friend who was on a cable reality show got $800 a week, and that was a long time ago. Anyway, it said contestants are 'comped' by the great vacation destinations, which made me LOL because ... this year. Ha ha! It also said TB and B-ette get to keep their clothes and have makeup/hair stylists provided. Chris gets to keep his suits, valued at $1,000 each. I'm sure they will get lots of use during harvest, and while disking and planting those 6,000 acres this year.

The show did say TB will fly you to LA for a few days to audition in person if they like your resume, and there really is lots of psych testing. (My friend had to fill out 50 pages of stuff for her eval.)

• Love 1

Sean Penn was on Kimmel last night and in the middle of a conversation he suddenly stopped and asked, apropos of nothing, "Britt or Kaitlyn?" FWIW, SP chose Kaitlyn. JK avoided answering the question.

http://youtu.be/W7EPvmfDDlU

[edited to add video and spell Kaitlyn's name correctly.]

Edited by dcinmb
  • Love 2

Sean Penn was on Kimmel last night and in the middle of a conversation he suddenly stopped and asked, apropos of nothing, "Britt or Kaetlyn?" FWIW, SP chose Kaetlyn. JK avoided answering the question.

I love this!!  Very unexpected. 

• Love 1

I can't figure why Kaityn would go to Iowa either, after being eliminated. It's not like it would be some big reveal if she went home since people seeing her wouldn't know if the show was done being filmed or not. I can't imagine being happy about being stuck in a hotel room in Dubuque for a week and not able to go out and do anything. Like you even want to go out when it's -10 degrees and a stiff wind blowing off the Mississippi.

I haven't been to RS's site for a long time and I, too, depend on 'yous guys' to relay his news. So don't let us down!

One late-night entertainment show went "behind the scenes" of TB. It said contestants are not paid, which surprised me. A friend who was on a cable reality show got $800 a week, and that was a long time ago. Anyway, it said contestants are 'comped' by the great vacation destinations, which made me LOL because ... this year. Ha ha! It also said TB and B-ette get to keep their clothes and have makeup/hair stylists provided. Chris gets to keep his suits, valued at $1,000 each. I'm sure they will get lots of use during harvest, and while disking and planting those 6,000 acres this year.

The show did say TB will fly you to LA for a few days to audition in person if they like your resume, and there really is lots of psych testing. (My friend had to fill out 50 pages of stuff for her eval.)

Kimmel asked Chris if he got to keep the suits.  He said he didn't but he did take one (sheepish grin).  I am not sure how reliable this information is.  I think they do get paid.  You cannot expect anyone to leave their jobs and be able to keep their condo/apt/house and bills that do not stop for 2 months.  The casting pool would be very limited.  

• Love 2

Sean Penn was on Kimmel last night and in the middle of a conversation he suddenly stopped and asked, apropos of nothing, "Britt or Kaetlyn?" FWIW, SP chose Kaetlyn. JK avoided answering the question.

I saw that. Kimmel told Penn he was really in good shape and asked it he could work out with him. Penn hesitated a second, then this came out of his mouth: "Britt or Kaitlyn?"

Kimmel's response: "You just made my head explode."

Kimmel was stunned that Penn watches TB. Penn said he does, but isn't interested in any of the conversations. He just wants to see lots of crying. He then said he was "Kaitlyn all the way." It was some good tv, for sure, and totally unexpected.

Kimmel asked Chris if he got to keep the suits.  He said he didn't but he did take one (sheepish grin).  I am not sure how reliable this information is.  I think they do get paid.  You cannot expect anyone to leave their jobs and be able to keep their condo/apt/house and bills that do not stop for 2 months.  The casting pool would be very limited.

I agree, I was surprised the show said contestants don't get paid. We know the leads do, based on the "crazy" salary Emily demanded. There were a lot of articles about her getting great clothes, too. I wonder what is really true. The link to Ashley S's story said she was pretty much broke when she left the show, so maybe the no pay thing is true. It's just their opportunity for stardom?

Oh dear Lord…Ashley I. is trying to hold onto her 15 minutes a bit longer. Here she is sharing what she learned from appearing on The Bachelor. Apparently her portrayal was a "caricature" of herself. 

Edited by archer1267

This from Archer's Ashley blog sort of sums it up: "I would write about how wonderful each day was in my Bachelor diary, which admittedly doesn’t read much differently than my high school diary."

Plus she has a beauty blog. Oh ... just oh ... gosh.

• Love 2

Chris and Whitney not touching each other during those interviews speaks volumes. I mean, no leaning toward each other, no hand holding, no shoulder to shoulder? And that would be the slightest sign of intimacy. I don't get it.

• Love 1

Well I take back what I said about Chris not being able to dance.  He wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination but he didn't suck nearly as hard as I thought he would and there's some potential to hang in there a few weeks if he takes direction well.  Boy at least has the rhythm to have some decent moves at a party

I was seriously surprised with him on DWTS.  He does have rhythm. He had dance pro Witney motorboat his pecs! That was more personality in those 30 secs than any conversation I saw with the women. I wonder what bachelor Whitney thought about that.  Must be awkward for her since dancer Witney has probably spent more concentrated time with Chris than she has been able to. 

• Love 1

I love watching dancers rehearse, so I watched this hour long rehearsal by Chris and Witney last week. I learned more about Chris during that than his entire season. I think he said more words as well. Who knew he actually has a sense of humour? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ja9tm_dwts-chris-soules-and-witney-carson-rehearsal-3-11-15_fun

I think what sets him apart from previous dancing Bachelors is that he clearly loves to dance. That's already half the job done. Sean looked like he'd avoided the dance floor his entire life.

• Love 2

I was seriously surprised with him on DWTS.  He does have rhythm. He had dance pro Witney motorboat his pecs! That was more personality in those 30 secs than any conversation I saw with the women. I wonder what bachelor Whitney thought about that.  Must be awkward for her since dancer Witney has probably spent more concentrated time with Chris than she has been able to.

At least more time than the TB editing showed us....

• Love 1

He had dance pro Witney motorboat his pecs!

That part was SO funny! I did get uncomfortable when he said he was awkward with the "intimacy" of dancing with Witney because he was "newly engaged." It was a really bad deja vu back to Trista, who danced with Louie on the very first season of DWTS (yes, I'm that old!) and refused to let her body touch Louie. Ryan even came to rehearsals to tell her it was okay. Still, former sports cheerleader/dancer Trista was either the first (or close to it) to get sent home for, basically, stinking.

Thanks for that link, MsPH. I can't help but feel TB editors did Chris no good deed with the editing he got. Maybe the guy DOES have a personality. Who knew?

Interesting Chris H. was in the audience with Whitney.

• Love 1

Radar Online is reporting that Kelsey is thinking of suing the show for "emotional distress." It is my understanding that all contestants have to sign a contract giving the show permission to edit as they see fit or something like that.  And unless they put a gun to her head and forced her to talk about her deceased husband, I don't believe she has a leg to stand on. 

• Love 4

Radar Online is reporting that Kelsey is thinking of suing the show for "emotional distress."

Her "emotional distress" would be over the show ending up not being all about HER "amazing journey" but about Chris Soules. That has to be emotionally stunning to someone as egotistical as Kelsey.

i say, bring on the lawsuit, Kelsey. And I hope part of the settlement when Fleiss wins is that YOU have to pay TB's lawyer fees.

Now that would make an amazing chapter in the amazing book about her amazing journey to being able to love again ... or rather, her attempt to love someone besides herself.

• Love 6

Dancing with the Stars is making Chris seem so much more attractive (and fun) than TB did.  And I kind of liked him saying that "I was single then, now I'm engaged" to shut down innuendo about him and Witney. I thought he was trying to be respectful to Whitney gf, whom I really feel for. She outlasted all the other women to compete for this guy, got him (more or less), now has to hear/see how he spends all day up close and physical with the adorable 21 (?) year old blonde Witney partner. And hanging with even -more- celebs than before, also probably having more women throwing themselves at him now than before since there will be a whole new group who likes him from DWTS.

Poor Whitney. If she thought "I win, Chris is mine now! and we get to start a real life relationship between Chicago and Arlington" this would be quite a disappointment. If I were her, while he's gone, I'd be learning to dance. Because he'd be so much more fun to do that with now, after the show. If there -is- an "after the show". (And, Whitney, it could have been worse. He could have gotten Peta as his partner and she's always in the most provocative costumes she can find and very physically close--some would say inappropriately so--with her partners. To my thinking, Witney seems much more professional, even though she's so young.) But I don't envy Whitney--I think Chris won't be eliminated any time soon, judging from that first, quite good, performance.  

• Love 1

Dancing with the Stars is making Chris seem so much more attractive (and fun) than TB did.

That's the thing with being engaged. Once you are off the market, all of the sudden you become SO desirable to everyone who wouldn't give you a glance last week. Although I guess one could say that about Whitney, too.

Yes, Whitney should be taking dance lessons, although I don't know anyplace anywhere that one can go dancing and perform the foxtrot or waltz or jive or any of the other routines Chris will be learning. Maybe disco, if he lasts that long? He is from Iowa, after all. LOL!

Poor Whitney. If she thought "I win, Chris is mine now! and we get to start a real life relationship between Chicago and Arlington" this would be quite a disappointment. If I were her, while he's gone, I'd be learning to dance. Because he'd be so much more fun to do that with now, after the show. If there -is- an "after the show". (And, Whitney, it could have been worse. He could have gotten Peta as his partner and she's always in the most provocative costumes she can find and very physically close--some would say inappropriately so--with her partners. To my thinking, Witney seems much more professional, even though she's so young.) But I don't envy Whitney--I think Chris won't be eliminated any time soon, judging from that first, quite good, performance.  

Maybe Chris (knowing that he's a lock for DWTS), took dance lessons with Whitney once The Bachelor was over.  That way they could spend more time together and his time on DWTS could be more like they're competing, rather than he's competing while she watches from the sidelines.

Really, anyone who's going to be the Bachelor/Bachelorette should start dance lessons immediately.  I think that being the lead on the Bachelor/ette automatically leads to DWTS, and dance lessons are a good way to get in shape, so anyone tagged as the next lead should start lessons immediately.

• Love 1

I've watched every season of DWTS and the whole Bachelor schtick with the contestants that they are uncomfortable with the close dancing because they're newly engaged is always annoying because of exactly what Erin Andrews stated to Chris in the backstage interview - you spent months making out with everyone, so whatever. That said, I didn't think Chris played into that as much. He just seemed to be saying being engaged to a Whitney and dancing with another was going to be strange. 

The worse with that was Trista and she was so annoying because one, Trista was supposedly some kind of dancer herself, at least she'd dance for some professional basketball team. So you'd think she'd know it's not a big deal getting close to someone else while dancing but more importantly, Louis Van Amstel, her professional partner was very openly gay. So it's like "really, woman?" There was none of that with Melissa and Tony, her professional partner, who actually had a very adorable brother/sister type relationship which I think was helped by Tony being older and married with kids. 

Jake was awful, not surprisingly and his professional partner, Chelsie, could barely hide her disdain for him. When they were eliminated, he worked up some fake tears about how they'd always be friends and how much the experience meant to him. She was very polite and didn't say much. Years later she's stated publicly in interviews that he was her worse celebrity partner and her worse season on the show.

In terms of the attraction or whatever, one of the worse was Sean and Peta but not in my opinion because Peta was into Sean but that he seemed to believe she was and not so subtly went around insinuating that she was into him. There was a whole thing about Peta not being invited to their wedding and cryptic comments made by him and Catherine about her making them uncomfortable and Peta meanwhile saying she was hurt because she thought she and Sean were friends and didn't really understand what happened once the season ended.

Again, as a person who watches the show consistently, yes Peta is very sexy and daring with her costumes and choreography but she's like that with every one of her celebrity. That Sean and I remember some of their Bachelor fans not used to the show also got on board it, tried to act like she was throwing herself at him with the moves she choreographed was so annoying and obnoxious to me. Like Peta is freaking gorgeous and the idea that she was desperately throwing herself at the burnt lobster was laughable. 

Really, anyone who's going to be the Bachelor/Bachelorette should start dance lessons immediately.  I think that being the lead on the Bachelor/ette automatically leads to DWTS,

Not really actually. It's seemed like a lot but in actuality there haven't been that many Bachelor/ettes on the show and in fact, they really don't seem to love picking the Bachelorettes to be on the show. The only ones they've had was Trista and Melissa, who wasn't a Bachelorette but the dumped F1 from Jason's season and she was, on her first season, a last minute replacement for someone who'd gotten injured. It's mostly just been the Bachelors and it's only been Jake,  Sean and now Chris. 

• Love 1

Do we know Whitney can't dance?

I don't know, but I'd be awfully surprised if she can already jive, salsa, tango, fox trot, waltz, cha-cha, rumba and quick step--all these dances that Chris is learning now. There are some places in L.A. where they could easily do some of these--sounds like it would be a fun addition to a relationship.

In terms of the attraction or whatever, one of the worse was Sean and Peta but not in my opinion because Peta was into Sean but that he seemed to believe she was and not so subtly went around insinuating that she was into him. There was a whole thing about Peta not being invited to their wedding and cryptic comments made by him and Catherine about her making them uncomfortable and Peta meanwhile saying she was hurt because she thought she and Sean were friends and didn't really understand what happened once the season ended.

Again, as a person who watches the show consistently, yes Peta is very sexy and daring with her costumes and choreography but she's like that with every one of her celebrity. That Sean and I remember some of their Bachelor fans not used to the show also got on board it, tried to act like she was throwing herself at him with the moves she choreographed was so annoying and obnoxious to me. Like Peta is freaking gorgeous and the idea that she was desperately throwing herself at the burnt lobster was laughable.

Sean is a self important douche so it doesn't surprise me that he acted like that. I actually really like Peta and that was a crappy thing they did to her. Yuck!

• Love 1

I don't know, but I'd be awfully surprised if she can already jive, salsa, tango, fox trot, waltz, cha-cha, rumba and quick step--all these dances that Chris is learning now.

And will never do again once he is off DWTS! But like you say, Padma, it would be much fun to learn them so you could dance together given the opportunity, or if they make their own opportunity.  Dancing is fun, and dancing great dances well would be a blast. Whitney should be at a Chris/Witney rehearsal soon, then we will know if she dances or not.

I don't mind brief mentions of Chris on DWTS and how his appearance there compares to the "personality" we saw on TB.  But discussion about dance styles and his partner alone (unrelated to anything that happened on the TB) needs to be taken to the DWTS thread guys, OK?  Thanks.

• Love 1

I'm really surprised that Chris dances as well as he does.  He won't win that's for sure but he'll be a popular partner on the dance floor at the local wedding receptions  Why did it have to take so long for him to develop a personality?  We really needed this during his season as TB .  

• Love 1

Yesterday I kept seeing commercials for Chris and Whitney to be on GMA this morning, and Whitney was going to reveal a "secret" that even Chris didn't know. Did anyone see that or know what she said? Of course, my mind goes right away to "pregnant." Just like I thought that would be the "big reveal" at ATFR!

LOL, as funny as that would be, I don't think she would reveal a pregnancy on GMA.

She was on some Chicago talk show a few days ago with her boss from the fertility clinic talking about egg freezing. When the host asked her if it's something she would consider for herself, she said she already had it done a few years ago. So I think that's the "secret". They also talked about some foundation that helps women fund the procedure, so maybe that's the main story.

But yeah, as long as Chris's soldiers march, they won't have any trouble conceiving, even after she's run out of eggs. Whitney sure is a planner!

Thanks MsPH. I'll bet that's what the big reveal is/was. I did a search for all GMA stories and didn't find Chris and Whitney as being on. But your news makes a lot of sense. It's not surprising Whitney has done that. I know people who were going to Iraq who did the same. Well, the men did THEIR version of "the same." One never knows what the future holds.

I saw it at US Weekly. Apparently she tweeted a picture of a friend who is pregnant and made it seem like it was her, then did the old "April's Fool" thing. Apparently some of her followers were not very happy.

Isn't the "I'm pregnant!" gag one of the oldest April Fool's tricks in existence? Some people need to lighten up.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah I don't care about Catherine and the burned lobster at all but I didn't really understand all the outrage. It was a silly gag - who cares. I guess some of their fans are so desperate for her to be pregnant they resented her for getting their hopes up for a minute. And if that is the case, these people are sad.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

I saw Catherine's Instagram April Fool's joke on some site back when it happened. What's up with people not understanding that April 1 is APRIL FOOLS DAY? As if we didn't know, all kind of dumb pranks are pulled on that day, that's the day for anything goes, joke-wise. Anyone who gets mad when they get pranked needs to lighten up and take a laugh break. And maybe create a joke or two of their own.

• Love 1

Sean says, "On nearly every picture Catherine posts on Instagram, she gets flooded with comments from people who tell her she looks pregnant."   What is wrong with people?  If they're such huge fans of Catherine that they follow her daily movements they must know what was clear on TB, that she has had weight issues all her life, and has been bullied for being fat.

I have no interest at all in whether or not people are pregnant unless it's a very close relative.  It always surprises me that it makes magazine cover news that some celeb is going to have a baby.

• Love 2
she has had weight issues all her life, and has been bullied for being fat.

Wow.  If she's been bullied for being "fat" it's just as well I never ran into any of those people.  They'd probably stone me.  

Catherine is "fat"?  Seriously, what is WRONG with people?  Plus, so what if she is?  

• Love 2