Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

While I sure don't go out of my way to see or listen to any Sean interviews, the ones I've seen with Catherine present, I get the feeling from her she's snarking on Sean, whatever she says about him gives me that vibe. I feel like she really cuts into him in private if she's sarcastic in front of the cameras.

I'll watch any TB or TB-ette just so I can come here and read the snark, and join in when I can. It's a guilty pleasure! (And I hate it when couples actually get married. The nerve!)

I like Catherine and I agree, she probably keeps him grounded.  Sean is a thumper but I do not get the sense she is.  She does not talk about her "faith.".  Sean clearly thinks he is all that.  When I was a kid the expression was, "he thinks he is so great!"  And he does.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

SNL replayed the "Farm Hunk" spoof of this season last night:

Though hilariously, the actual season managed to at least equal, if not surpass, the over-the-top satire. I mean, if you had to choose between Crazy Sob Story A: "I was kidnapped as a child but no one noticed because it was the same day as Jon-Benet Ramsey" and Crazy Sob Story B: "my husband died and it was AWESOME [psychotic grin]", which one sounds too unbelievable not to have been said in jest??

• Love 4

While I would enjoy watching Arie as the Bachelor, I agree with the posters that find it hard to believe that he would need this show to find a mate.  So, Saint Emily spent the night with Arie and Jef.  That means she wasn't as virtuous as they would have us believe.  I am not surprise.  They would have marketed that woman as a virgin, had it not been for the pesky fact that she had a child. 

Des' gown is pretty, and she looked beautiful and happy.  Her and Chris are gorgeous together.  They really should be glad they were allowed a wedding without ABC interference--I am sure it was more meaningful that way anyway.

I don't understand however why they like to parade any couple they can, including Jason and Molly, but they never mention a successful bachelorette couple like Des and Chris?  So weird.

• Love 2

Des' gown is pretty, and she looked beautiful and happy.  Her and Chris are gorgeous together.  They really should be glad they were allowed a wedding without ABC interference--I am sure it was more meaningful that way anyway.

I don't understand however why they like to parade any couple they can, including Jason and Molly, but they never mention a successful bachelorette couple like Des and Chris?  So weird.

It makes me wonder if something happened behind the scenes that created a rift between them and TPTB. I do understand that the weddings don't get the ratings TPTB want, so maybe skipping a few is in their interest. And I agree that Des and Chris were better off doing it their way with no interference. But one might think that TPTB would want to tout the success of the process whenever possible, and here they treat these two like an afterthought at best.

Chris and Des's wedding looked perfect. The location, the style and everything. They looked at each other with so much love it brought a tear to my eye, even though I'm not a sappy person. Happy they got to do it their way and not ABC's! I do wonder if they plan on even mentioning the wedding on the show. You'd think they'd at least have them at ATFR telling viewers how happy they are. We even had to suffer through some fake ultrasound last time, so it's the least they could do.

• Love 3

Well, they did include Des and Chris on the Rose Bowl float. I guess they are so low key and drama free that they just don't appeal to TIIC when it comes to promoting the show. Ashley/JP are pretty chill too and they have slowly managed to distance themselves a little from the famewhoring.

• Love 1

Ashley and JP do seem to put themselves out there in random news outlets.... like I saw an update on them on the CBS news website of all places.  But they are a cute couple so I don't mind knowing how they are doing :-)  I would rather hear about them then Jason and Molly.  I know that some people claim that Trista and Ryan are famewhores, but I think they do a pretty good job of staying out of the limelight.  Most of the time.  Considering they are the first successful couple, they are fairly quiet.

Des and Chris take note--the less famewhoring, the better your relationship will stay :-)

• Love 3

Interesting clip.  Very diplomatic of him to say Becca's virginity didn't matter, but I think it did.  Too complicated for him to deal with.   He wants to spend time making those babies, not explaining HOW to get them cooking!  *LOL*

• Love 1

Interesting clip.  Very diplomatic of him to say Becca's virginity didn't matter, but I think it did.  Too complicated for him to deal with.   He wants to spend time making those babies, not explaining HOW to get them cooking!  *LOL*

Just because one's a virgin doesn't mean one's lived in a bubble and has no idea how sex works. I'll be really disappointed if it matters to him, since they clearly have some chemistry. He's supposedly looking for his wife, not a random hookup, so what's the rush? And as far as I know he's quite conservative, so he might even be thinking he hit the jackpot (as icky as that may be). Being your partner's one and only in every way is special enough, but it being common knowledge? Must be a titillating thought at least.

• Love 1

I simply don't think experienced men over 30 are looking for inexperienced women.  And of course Becca knows the mechanics of sex, but that's a long way from establishing sexual compatibility. Attraction alone isn't enough.  Otherwise good relationships can be seriously damaged by that kind of incompatibility. 

Of course it could work for them, but she didn't give him any options.   And he certainly can't say it matters to him now without looking bad.  

• Love 1

Well my boyfriend was an experienced man over 30 and I was a virgin of Becca's age when we met, and it was never an issue for him at all. Of course it wasn't something he was specifically looking for, but he liked me and that's all that mattered to him. It's been smooth sailing ever since the first time, so I can't help but defend Becca on this issue. She clearly doesn't treat it as her defining characteristic and I sure as hell hope Chris won't either. It's not like he's definitely gonna get it on with Whitney in the FS, if he's still undecided, so he might not know if they're compatible either. The smart thing to do would be just to follow his heart.

Edited by MsPH
  • Love 2

Not everyone uses the fantasy suite to determine sexual compatibility. Call me naive but if Chris was really in love with Becca I can't imagine why her not having sex yet would be a deal-breaker. You have sex once and you're not a virgin anymore. Boom. I just don't see the big deal.

• Love 1

Becca's virginity is NOW a very defining characteristic of her, to the general public.  The virgin is now how she is referred to within the final 3.  I believe It would have been a throwaway, incidental fact if she had disclosed it to him before the fantasy suite.  But she made the choice to withhold it from him.  And obviously sex is a big enough deal to her to do that. 

And she either chose to withhold the information from Chris, or the producers told her to.  Either way, he has no choice but to say it doesn't matter, regardless of his personal feelings.  And he's a nice guy, so of course he wouldn't make a scene about it.  

And again, it probably doesn't matter to him.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

I hope Becca isn't F1 because i had quite enough of BA Virgin Sean and the train locomotive sound effects that played while showing their wedding night room window from outside. Then all the unending Virgin/Wedding Night FIRST SEX! interviews. Let's NOT do that again.

All the previews for tonight are about the Virgin Fantasy Suite Date and Chris's SHOCKED! look when Becca tells him, then his VO saying he needs to check things out to see if his women are physically "compatible." (I'm paraphrasing.)

Just ... ick.

• Love 1

The DWTS cast was announced this morning on GMA.  One female pro, Whitney Carson (defending champion, with Alfonso Ribiero) has a mystery partner who will be announced at some later point (right before the premiere March 16?).  My money's on dullard Chris, because there was some awkward rose-related wordplay when they were teasing the big reveal.

• Love 1

The DWTS cast was announced this morning on GMA.  One female pro, Whitney Carson (defending champion, with Alfonso Ribiero) has a mystery partner who will be announced at some later point (right before the premiere March 16?).  My money's on dullard Chris, because there was some awkward rose-related wordplay when they were teasing the big reveal.

Chris has the dance ability of a dried-out cornstalk. So I'm sure he's the *mystery partner*. I don't really have a dog in this fight because I don't watch DwtS, but Juan Pablo would make for better TV - a better dancer plus the guarantee of some awful behavior.

• Love 6

My local newscaster (yes, the same one who went to interview Chris in Des Moines!) just talked about Chris being the "mystery" person on DWTS. They are waiting to announce because TB isn't over yet. (The news did not say that, those are my words.) Remember how Sean was the "mystery person" after his season, and he wasn't announced until after his F1 episode? Same deal here IMO.

So, I'd say Chris S. is a lock. I used to be a huge DWTS fan but it lost me last season. However, I agree with Lulee, I'd watch Juan Pablo. An athlete AND he looks really, really good in shorts/shirtless. Because that's why we watch that show, right? (Sean was revealed to have no rhythm, which, IMO again, might have something to do with why he became a virgin ... rotten in bed.)

• Love 2

My local newscaster (yes, the same one who went to interview Chris in Des Moines!) just talked about Chris being the "mystery" person on DWTS. They are waiting to announce because TB isn't over yet. (The news did not say that, those are my words.) Remember how Sean was the "mystery person" after his season, and he wasn't announced until after his F1 episode? Same deal here IMO.

So, I'd say Chris S. is a lock. I used to be a huge DWTS fan but it lost me last season. However, I agree with Lulee, I'd watch Juan Pablo. An athlete AND he looks really, really good in shorts/shirtless. Because that's why we watch that show, right? (Sean was revealed to have no rhythm, which, IMO again, might have something to do with why he became a virgin ... rotten in bed.)

Good thing I don't watch DwTS.

And LMAO at your Sean comment. If his dancing AND kissing are any indication...

• Love 1

I don't really have a dog in this fight because I don't watch DwtS, but Juan Pablo would make for better TV - a better dancer plus the guarantee of some awful behavior.

Maybe he should have kept his thoughts about a gay Bachelor to himself, considering that a show where a guy chooses from a harem of women isn't a shining model for "impressionable" children.

guy chooses from a harem of women isn't a shining model for "impressionable" children.

Especially when he has a daughter of his own!!   He just better hope to hell his Camilla doesn't end up with a douchebag like him. 

I bet Sean is secretly jealous of Chris possibly landing a real life virgin. His bride was only celibate for a year or two. Must sting.

You mean both Sean & Catherine became virgins for the show?

Edited by lonestar
  • Love 1

You mean both Sean & Catherine became virgins for the show?

IIRC, Sean had sex until sometime in college when he decided to become a 'born-again virgin'.  Judging from his kissing technique, more than one person has speculated that he actually wanted to wait so his future wife wouldn't realize what an awful lay he was. Catherine never claimed to be a virgin at marriage, but once she got with Sean she agreed there'd be no sex until after the I Do's.  They were together for a while before the wedding, that is the time the previous poster was likely referring to.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 4

Yes, that is what I meant. I don't think waiting until marriage was a part of Cat's plan any more than it is part of Chris's, but she wanted Sean, so she was willing to do it (or should I say not do it). Why anyone would do that for Sean beats me, but I guess it worked out for them. For now.

• Love 4

Chris is the cover interview on US. Headline how one of the final 2 just wasn't that into him and he chose the one who was. "She just didn't feel it" he says, they don't give the name to not spoil the finale.

Chris is the cover interview on US. Headline how one of the final 2 just wasn't that into him and he chose the one who was. "She just didn't feel it" he says, they don't give the name to not spoil the finale.

Doesn't exactly translate to being "in love" does it?  Seems more like "who wants to have my babies?  You?  OK lets get married." 

• Love 4

This doesn't surprise me, because one of the F2 is actually there by default.  Heck, if Britt and Jade hadn't flamed out, I doubt she would have made F4, let alone F2.

• Love 2

Or, translation: One wouldn't put out after two dates over two months. So, bah-bye.

In a hypothetical situation (or some soap operas) an individual might feel equally about two people and then choose the one who returned the affection more.

I'm not so sure that that's what happened here though...

• Love 1
(edited)

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/02/27/jason-mesnick-molly-neil-lane-ring-exclusive-photos/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

So, Jason gave Molly a Neil Lane diamond ring for their 5 year anniversary -- and given the above press release -- I mean article-- from People, he presumably got it gratis in exchange for mentioning Neil Lane's name 100 times.  

I feel like this would have been a very sweet gesture -- had it not happened on-air on Molly's radio show, and if they hadn't felt the need to issue a press release after it happened.  

While I give them credit for sticking it out -- and they do seem to be in a stable,happy marriage with cute kids -- something about these two has always rubbed me the wrong way.  Probably their famewhoreishness and stunts like this ring thing.  I occasionally listen to their podcasts, and what always strikes me is how dumb Jason seems, and how Molly is so bossy and bitchy.  I get the feeling she totally runs the show in that house.

Edited by TTTTorrance
  • Love 5
(edited)

This doesn't surprise me, because one of the F2 is actually there by default.  Heck, if Britt and Jade hadn't flamed out, I doubt she would have made F4, let alone F2.

Despite the over-the-top Becca fandom elsewhere, the final four would have been Britt, Jade, Kaitlin and Whitney.  Heck, even Chris H. said that Chris S. didn't know until the last minute whether to send Becca or Kaitlin home after the FDs.

As picking the next B'ette, it seems that every season or so, there is a contestant that some fans obsess over to the point of nuttiness and swear that the lead has made a terrible, awful, horrible, mistake by not picking this person.  Yet when each is given their own show, each are exposed pretty badly.  Emily (though Brad picked her for reasons known only to his therapist) and Ben are prime examples.  So I'd go with Kaitlin, Britt or Jade at this point.  We've seen the worst (one hopes) and the show might actually be entertaining and worthy of snark.

Edited by LuLu123
  • Love 1

Despite the over-the-top Becca fandom elsewhere, the final four would have been Britt, Jade, Kaitlin and Whitney.  Heck, even Chris H. said that Chris S. didn't know until the last minute whether to send Becca or Kaitlin home after the FDs.

Eh, I kind of believe the US weekly thing from what I've watched. Thought that convo. last episode was totally producer manipulated for the dramazzz. Then again, I'm total crap at picking who these people will choose... totally thought Brad was going with Chantal.  Not that I care much...primarily here for the crazies.  

Kelsey gave an interview to People.com in which she said she and Chris "parted ways mutually" and called Chris "enigmatic". I'm not sure which of the two made me laugh more.

She realizes that this was on TV, right? We all SAW that it wasn't a mutual decision!

• Love 5

You guys crack me up. I'm not sure I can tolerate any more Kelsey. Wish she were not at WTA tonight. But there's always the remote, and The Voice on the other channel...

I am looking forward to Kelsey!  It is Britt I could skip.  

• Love 1