Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Just read an article where Gerry said he wants someone who's fit and who is getting the most out of her physical attributes, whether short or tall. [!]    He wants to find a woman who enjoys both pickleball and golf, and thinks that playing pickleball or golf with someone reveals their character.     (Um, what character traits would be revealed?  I don't even have a working theory.)         

I would have preferred someone more world-weary with a dry sense of humor.  

Here's my prediction:   he picks the woman with the best body, who has no interest in either pickleball or golf.     

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
(edited)

I'm in Gerry's age range (61), and trust me, the women in this age range are no different than the 20 and early 30-somethings we normally see.

They just spend more time getting injections in their faces.

And yes, men at this age still want a super fit, bubbly gal, and agree with @hyacinth:  He will pick the cutest, fittest woman, regardless of what sport she plays.

It's become astonishing to me how many friends of mine are regressing in their style and dress, wearing skin-tight, low-cut, thigh-high clothes while getting extensions and plastic surgery so often they get frequent customer discounts (I'm literally not exaggerating).  Women in their mid 60's and beyond.

And the insecurities and lifetime hurts I see on these women will no doubt appear on this show.

Husbands left them for another woman, or spent their lives catering to others and are now "finding" themselves, or the sad sob widow stories we will hear.

If you watch any of the Real Housewives shows:  Think Luann, Ramona, Bethenny, Erika Jayne, Kyle Richards.

The normal ones, the ones who have their lives together, despite all the bad stuff they've been through (think Garcelle Beauvais), well we won't see many of those.

One little funny thing that almost all my friends do:  They dye their hair blonde as they age, and it gets blonder, the older they are.  I asked one friend why she does it, as she's now almost white-blonde.  She said it hides the grays better as they come in.  So I suspect we will see a lot of that.

Pickleball?  Sheesh.  Such a fad sport, that is keeping ER centers busy.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 6
22 hours ago, hyacinth said:

Just read an article where Gerry said he wants someone who's fit and who is getting the most out of her physical attributes, whether short or tall. [!]    He wants to find a woman who enjoys both pickleball and golf, and thinks that playing pickleball or golf with someone reveals their character.     (Um, what character traits would be revealed?  I don't even have a working theory.)         

And, I'm already over his season. lol It's not going to be any different than the youngin's is it? He's going to go for the plasticist trophy wife he can find. 

As to the character traits revealed playing pickleball, I'd guess, whether she's good at faking having fun doing something pointless and golf will show if she has good cleavage as she's pushing the boobs together to hold the club? So...nice rack and can fake an orgasm? Those are useful things to know about your potential mate. 

He does come across as a bit dull and shallow though so guess it's another hate watch (of youtube recaps. I can't stomach watching the entire show anymore). 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
On 7/20/2023 at 5:06 PM, hyacinth said:

He wants to find a woman who enjoys both pickleball and golf, and thinks that playing pickleball or golf with someone reveals their character.     (Um, what character traits would be revealed?  I don't even have a working theory.)         

I'm with you on pickleball, but golfers keep their own score, and that can reveal an enormous amount about one's character.  In fact, this guy's white-around-the-eyes spray tan makes him remind me of a notorious golf cheater.

golden-bachelor-tout-071723-fc21ef39e196

• LOL 4

After Charity's Men Tell All and learning a bit more and Gerry and his story, I am actually looking forward to watching the Golden Bachelor. He seems kind, and my heart broke for his story with this wife. So sad, but maybe - if you believe in such things - she'll send him a nice woman to live out this chapter of his life with. 

Or, at the very least, this helps him dip his toe back into the dating pool and he has some good clean fun. 

• Like 5
On 8/16/2023 at 2:33 PM, funnygirl said:

After Charity's Men Tell All and learning a bit more and Gerry and his story, I am actually looking forward to watching the Golden Bachelor. He seems kind, and my heart broke for his story with this wife. So sad, but maybe - if you believe in such things - she'll send him a nice woman to live out this chapter of his life with. 

Or, at the very least, this helps him dip his toe back into the dating pool and he has some good clean fun. 

Yes, when I first saw the photos of him, I thought he looked like another handsome “player” type guy.  Then I saw a clip (maybe this same one) with his daughters and he seemed much more normal, and nervous about dating.  So it might be interesting.  

I’m 65 and pickleball is a thing for our age group.  It’s fun and not too hard, but I am not very competitive and one  game is enough.  I’m more the sit-on-my-butt reading and viewing type of person!  😁

• Like 2

Re:  Pickleball.  I'm still not on the P-ball train, but yes, it's a huge thing.  And not just for my age group!  (I'm 61).

At my gym, they now have indoor Pickleball courts, and I'd say the average age is 30's!  My 19 year old niece loves it.

Re:  Gerry's season.  I applied, but never heard back.  The women look terrific, and I do hope there will be some nice, sweet woman for him.  The thing is, she'll have to move to....Indiana?  Which is hard for a woman at our age.  We have longtime friends, family, familiarity in our current residences.  

It's different than the typical 20-something Bachelor/ette contestants, for whom moving cross country for love is an adventure.  So it will be interesting to see how that plays out, as most people our age don't want to leave all that we know, especially kids, grandkids, lifelong friends.

• Like 3

I have burned out on the regular Bachelor/ette shows. I will watch this Golden Bachelor, give it a try. But the women had better act markedly different from the way the young women act. I am not going to watch a bunch of 60 somethings fight over a man. I am 67.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
39 minutes ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I have burned out on the regular Bachelor/ette shows. I will watch this Golden Bachelor, give it a try. But the women had better act markedly different from the way the young women act. I am not going to watch a bunch of 60 somethings fight over a man. I am 67.

Believe it or not, I bet it will be worse, from a fighting/stealing angle.

Women in this age group (I'm 61) are awful when it comes to men.  Like it's their last chance in the world for love.  It gets so catty and mean.

I'm here for this show, as I do think he's a sincere, nice guy with good intentions.  I think he's not prepared to be thrown to the wolves like this.

The women in my age group spend more on cosmetic procedures, hair extensions, and lipo than you can imagine.  Remember, they had a lifetime to save, invest, and now, spend.  And most of my friends look amazing.  They have better bodies than when we were in our 20's.  Gone is the burned out career look, in comes the newly refreshed, kids-are-gone, time for me and money is no object look.  

And they fight for a decent man like he's the last scrap of food at a flooded out Burning Man festival.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
38 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Believe it or not, I bet it will be worse, from a fighting/stealing angle.

Women in this age group (I'm 61) are awful when it comes to men.  Like it's their last chance in the world for love.  It gets so catty and mean.

I'm here for this show, as I do think he's a sincere, nice guy with good intentions.  I think he's not prepared to be thrown to the wolves like this.

The women in my age group spend more on cosmetic procedures, hair extensions, and lipo than you can imagine.  Remember, they had a lifetime to save, invest, and now, spend.  And most of my friends look amazing.  They have better bodies than when we were in our 20's.  Gone is the burned out career look, in comes the newly refreshed, kids-are-gone, time for me and money is no object look.  

And they fight for a decent man like he's the last scrap of food at a flooded out Burning Man festival.

You make me glad I'm happily married! I'll be 65 next week.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Not sure where to put this, but holy cow Nick Viall's identical twin walked into my Caribou Coffee this morning.

Of course it's not him but the resemblance is uncanny. I've been watching Nick on Special Forces and this guy has the same hair, beard, face, etc.

By the way, Nick has been doing well on Special Forces but was getting close to his breaking point. 

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Bachelor Ben F is married.  Kudos to him for only announcing it after the fact and not inviting press or sponsors.  
https://people.com/former-bachelor-ben-flajnik-reveals-he-married-his-best-friend-8406612

His wife (whose name isn’t mentioned) looks so much like Snezana Wood (who won and has been married to Bach Australia 3) just with blond hair. Congrats to Ben and Mrs F and also respect that he did it privately. His was a pretty bad season but he was one of the last few leads where the lead had made a name and/or $ for himself before the show. Boy do I miss the Andrew Firestone days. But social media happened so now we’re going to mostly get influencers. 

• Like 4

I was listening to Monday’s Howard Stern show this morning,and he got to talking season of the Bachelor (he is a huge fan).

Is it true, as he said, that Joey doesn’t have his own home, but lives with his sister, where he has his own room?  How does that work, when he’s ready to take his fiancée home?????

19 minutes ago, b2H said:

I was listening to Monday’s Howard Stern show this morning,and he got to talking season of the Bachelor (he is a huge fan).

Is it true, as he said, that Joey doesn’t have his own home, but lives with his sister, where he has his own room?  How does that work, when he’s ready to take his fiancée home?????

He did live in Hawaii until recently.  Maybe he doesn’t want to shell out for his own place until he knows where he will be living long term?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

The new episode of 911 had a scene at the Bachelor mansion. Joey and Jesse were great fun. The show made fun of itself, it was when the contestants made their limo entrances.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

The new episode of 911 had a scene at the Bachelor mansion.

I saw a preview of that on a different ABC show I was watching (Will Trent). It looked quite funny. Jesse does a good job with whatever he does (such as Spring Baking Show, which I'm also watching)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

New York's Channel 7 Eyewitness News reported that Gerry, the Golden Bachelor and Teresa, his wife have decided to go their separate ways.  Stevie Wonder saw this coming.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • LOL 6
24 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

New York's Channel 7 Eyewitness News reported that Jerry, the Golden Bachelor and Teresa, his fiancée have decided to go their separate ways.  Stevie Wonder saw this coming.  

I thought those two crazy kids with their already entrenched lives in different regions of the country had a chance........

• LOL 7
On 4/12/2024 at 11:33 AM, Adeejay said:

New York's Channel 7 Eyewitness News reported that Gerry, the Golden Bachelor and Teresa, his fiancée have decided to go their separate ways.  Stevie Wonder saw this coming.  

Not fiancee, WIFE. They had a big televised wedding not long ago.

Saw it coming? Sure. 2 people in different areas of the country,  already with kids/,grandkids. Neither wanted to make the sacrifice to move. It seems the premise is doomed from the start. Plus, Gerry was having too much fun being the center of attention.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2