Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

ABC is making some 11th hour tweaks to its fall game plan.

The network announced that it is relocating the Bachelor franchise — which this fall consists of rookie entry Golden Bachelor and a new season of Bachelor in Paradise — to Thursday. Both series will premiere on Thursday, Sept. 28, with Golden Bachelor opening the night at 8 and Bachelor in Paradise airing from 9-11.

• Like 2
  • Useful 5

Okay, these ladies look way too good for their ages! [redacted]

The Golden Bachelor cast: Meet the 22 senior women who will date Gerry Turner

Read in Entertainment Weekly: https://apple.news/AXRpcpiEXR5mnGMkHtyNNaQ

ETA: Here’s a better article with full blurbs and careers for the contestants.

"The Golden Bachelor" Revealed The Inaugural 22 Women Vying For Love, Including A "Bachelor" Star's Mother
Now this is a cast!

Read in BuzzFeed: https://apple.news/ANYiTmkzbR3-52qrIJmijWw

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Okay, these ladies look way too good for their ages! They can do better than Gerry.

The Golden Bachelor cast: Meet the 22 senior women who will date Gerry Turner

Read in Entertainment Weekly: https://apple.news/AXRpcpiEXR5mnGMkHtyNNaQ

But Gerry is very good looking for his age (IMHO, anyway).  Now which one of these ladies who get rejected will be the first Boome...SORRY, GOLDEN Bachelorette?

• Like 8
23 minutes ago, PRgal said:

But Gerry is very good looking for his age (IMHO, anyway).  Now which one of these ladies who get rejected will be the first Boome...SORRY, GOLDEN Bachelorette?

Alright! I apologize! No shade to Gerry! I edited my post above to remove that snark and also to add a link to a more comprehensive contestant rundown.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 5

A few of them seem to have natural hair (I know you said "almost all.")

As a naturally gray 62 year old, it does make me a bit sad that most weren't willing (apparently, since I'm way younger than most of them) to show the natural look.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

As a naturally gray 62 year old, it does make me a bit sad that most weren't willing (apparently, since I'm way younger than most of them) to show the natural look.

I stopped coloring my hair during Covid and it’s now 100% silver.  I love it and get lots of compliments (not to mention saving time and money!)

• Like 11
  • Applause 3

Regarding women and grey:  I must take after my dad’s side because women on my mom’s side don’t go grey until their 80s or 90s! I’m not grey enough for people to notice…other than my mom who tried to pluck hair off me when I was 28.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

So happy to see some women with natural hair color. I went grey at 30 and after a while it’s a PIA to keep dying it. Also nice to see some women who aren’t all scrawny. Good ethnic variety. 

Edited by Quickbeam
Edit
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

@ApprenticeFan, thank you for using the Spoiler tag.  I'm one who doesn't want to be spoiled, so I appreciate the tag!  😀

Posted this on the Bachelor Media thread, but it really belongs here:

It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of this.  If Gerry finds love, she'll have to move to where he is (Indiana?).  Women our age (I'm 61) have lifetime friends, family, kids, grandkids nearby, and moving cross country for love is not the same adventure it was when we were in our 20's/30's.

I have a friend in my age group now, traveling multiple states away for love.  He's not ready for her to move there, and he has no intentions of moving here (he has kids, grandkids, a lifelong house, etc.).  So she gets on a plane every 2-3 weeks.  It's exhausting just to hear about it, not to mention the things she misses out here while she's gone.  She has a house, a social life, and a pet she has to board.  It's not just a "pick up and go" mentality that we had in our younger years.

So it will be very interesting how all this unfolds.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm sure these women know he lives in Indiana, so if that doesn't work for them, I doubt they would have applied to be on the show.

I’m guessing they lined up the women and Gerry simultaneously….just like with the regular Bachelor and Bachelorette.   

• Like 3
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I’m guessing they lined up the women and Gerry simultaneously….just like with the regular Bachelor and Bachelorette.   

Even if they did, once the women were selected, I assume they were given his bio.  If they didn't like the possibility of living in Indiana, then couldn't they opt out?

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Even if they did, once the women were selected, I assume they were given his bio.  If they didn't like the possibility of living in Indiana, then couldn't they opt out?

I don’t think bios are given out.     They find out who the Bachelor or Bachelorette is when they exit the limo.    Of course they could opt out, but by then they have bought the wardrobe, told friends and family and gotten time off work….oh, and the cameras are filming.  And then there is the potential for travel and social media followers.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

I don’t think bios are given out.     They find out who the Bachelor or Bachelorette is when they exit the limo.    Of course they could opt out, but by then they have bought the wardrobe, told friends and family and gotten time off work….oh, and the cameras are filming.  And then there is the potential for travel and social media followers.  

Ok, so they find out who he is when they exit the limo.  If you're worried about social media followers, then you probably weren't that serious about getting married anyway.  Wardrobe?  Wear the outfits for other occasions later on.  Travel?  Ok, you eat the expenses.  Friends and family?  They're probably relieved you're not leaving.  Time off from work?  Then go back sooner than planned.  

My point is, if you really and truly don't want to live in Indiana, then don't.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
On 9/3/2023 at 9:35 AM, Starlight925 said:

thank you for using the Spoiler tag.  I'm one who doesn't want to be spoiled, so I appreciate the tag!  😀

It will be interesting to see what happens at the end of this.  If Gerry finds love, she'll have to move to where he is (Indiana?).  Women our age (I'm 61) have lifetime friends, family, kids, grandkids nearby, and moving cross country for love is not the same adventure it was when we were in our 20's/30's.

I don't want to be spoiled either which can be hard when the show is just one long thread.

I am *cough50cough* and it would take a lot for me to move, plus Indiana isn't too enticing (I already live in the midwest). Then you have a guy whose ego is going to be very boosted after this. In the infamous words of Murtaugh from Lethal Weapon.... "I'm too old for this shit". 😅

Good luck to the women on this show. This season could be interesting.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Like 6
  • LOL 8

At almost 74, I for one am going to enjoy every catty, Botoxed, cringe-worthy moment! Meow! 🐈‍⬛ 😄

The GB isn't my physical "type," but I can agree that he's handsome. 👍

Kidding aside, I hope widower Gerry finds new and true love. 💘

I will see you, mes amis, on September 28th! 🤗 🌹

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/31/2023 at 5:13 AM, dleighg said:

A few of them seem to have natural hair (I know you said "almost all.")

Believe it or not, some of us have very little gray hair. I'm 66 and have only a little gray by the sideburns area and at the roots. 

• Like 6

It’ll be interesting to see how women my around my mom’s age interact on TV.  More interesting would be which reject would become the first Golden BACHELORETTE, if that indeed happens.  That would be even more fun.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Long time lurker from TWOP days, but only posted here and there in other forums.

I haven't watched The Bachelor since Chris Harrison left, but planned on watching this. So, my sister told me there is a local from Aston, PA. I was curious and looked at the bios.  Holy Toledo, Batman, I know who she is!  Susan Noles, wedding officiant. But, she was a hair stylist for many years and she cut my hair for about 5 years, 20 years ago. I liked her because she did more edgy cuts, but they were super expensive.  Anyhoo, she was wild! Dated guys online from Plenty of Fish and met one. I think they had a kinky relationship.  She had her lip liner tatooed back in the day when that was a thing. Was married to Phillies pitcher, Dickie Noles. I believe he was the pitcher when they won the World Series in 1980. He turned very religious. Unless Susan has mellowed, she was rough and tumble, and wild! It'll be interesting to see her all these years later!  There's no way she doesn't still have that wild streak! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1

Oh, boy. After Gerry’s emotional retelling of his wife’s passing, I don’t think I’m emotionally prepared for a season of actual sob stories from a bevy of widows. My teen is over here crying.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1

Edith is so glamorous! She’s taking this “golden bachelor” assignment literally.

I love Sondra already with her dirty mantra.

My 15-year-old is in love with Leslie. She’s a wild one. I wonder whether this walker and mumu bit will be the only gimmick.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
21 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, boy. After Gerry’s emotional retelling of his wife’s passing, I don’t think I’m emotionally prepared for a season of actual sob stories from a bevy of widows. My teen is over here crying.

I teared up. I see a brunette in his future. 

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Sad that he lost his wife so quickly. Wonder if they investigated the source of the infection. Seemed coincidental with the relocation. 

I keep looking at that lake and thinking she got one of those infections that you get from lake water. Quite sad. Also, am I the only one who thinks it's a huge coincidence that he is from Warsaw, IN, hometown of the perpetually self-absorbed Ben Higgins?  Does this mean Ben will be popping by for some camera time? 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3