Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, EllenB said:

I wish I knew if Grandpa Windey is a Navy veteran. About half a century ago, there was a Navy guy named John Windey temporarily assigned to the Air Force Base I was at. He got adopted by the programmers in my section while he was there and socialized with all of us after work and on weekends. Since the John Windey I knew would be about his age, and was such a fun and nice guy, I can't help but wonder if it's the same person.

OMG, that would be amazing if it's the same man. Try googling "John Windey Denver" maybe something has been written about him in the local papers.

• Love 2

Biggest Takeaways from Clayton/Susie Post-Finale Interviews: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/clayton-echard-susie-evans-post-bachelor-interview-highlights/

Couple of interesting quotes from Susie:

“The only comments I see that I agree with are the ones that say, ‘Clayton had every right to explore these relationships and Susie had every right to walk away,’” the 29-year-old former Miss Virginia said on the Wednesday, March 16, episode of the “Bachelor Happy Hour” podcast, referring to the pair’s initial breakup during fantasy suites. “That’s how we feel, we both felt that we both were valid. It’s really hard right now to see everybody basically taking sides because we’re, like, ‘They don’t know we’re together!’”

“People are taking sides … They’re being divisive. And they’re claiming these absolutes and we were four months past it. And we’re together and we both see each other’s perspective,” Susie told Becca Kufrin and Serena Pitt on Wednesday. “And we both have given each other grace where we’ve needed to. … We have high standards, and I would not be dating Clayton if he were a bad person, or if he were, you know, disrespectful when we had arguments. I wouldn’t stick around for that. I left him in Iceland, like, I wasn’t afraid to say, ‘No, I don’t want to be in this relationship.’ Because I didn’t know if it was good for me. But it is good for me.”

“I just want to ask anybody that is supporting me right now — just know that, like, I’m making this choice, and it’s best for me. So please support us together and support Clayton as well.”

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

OMG, that would be amazing if it's the same man. Try googling "John Windey Denver" maybe something has been written about him in the local papers.

I tried that, but nothing useful yet. I'm hoping there'll be more info online once The Bachelorette is on. Hey, I saw elsewhere that you're thinking of not watching - please don't go! You're one of the people here whose views I really respect. Do like I do and watch it like a comedy.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Jesse Palmer will be hosting the Bachelorette starring Gabby & Rachel. What that means for Kaitlyn & Tayshia's future hosting - ?

Hopefully they are gone.i love one male host , although i loved tayshia- still hoping she gets back with him.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, EllenB said:

I tried that, but nothing useful yet. I'm hoping there'll be more info online once The Bachelorette is on. Hey, I saw elsewhere that you're thinking of not watching - please don't go! You're one of the people here whose views I really respect. Do like I do and watch it like a comedy.

Thank you! Maybe by July I'll be up to watching again, but at this point I'm really tired of it since this season wasn't the least bit entertaining and the two previous back-to-back Bachelorette seasons weren't great either (especially Katie's). I miss the days when it was just silly fun - Daniel telling Chad to be less like Hitler and more like Mussolini, Crystal throwing imaginary glitter, etc. These days, everyone who goes on the show is using it as a springboard for future media opportunities, and the "villains" like Shanae and Victoria are vicious and not funny.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

“I just want to ask anybody that is supporting me right now — just know that, like, I’m making this choice, and it’s best for me. So please support us together and support Clayton as well.”

But what if ........what if we just don't care?  Clay-UN is a dolt. Your relationship is your (hahaha) relationship.  I won't ask YOU to support ME...and vice versa.  You've had your fifteen minutes of fame.  He has had his HOURS of HUMILIATION.  Time to say buh-bye.Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

Biggest Takeaways from Clayton/Susie Post-Finale Interviews: https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/clayton-echard-susie-evans-post-bachelor-interview-highlights/

Couple of interesting quotes from Susie:

“The only comments I see that I agree with are the ones that say, ‘Clayton had every right to explore these relationships and Susie had every right to walk away,’” the 29-year-old former Miss Virginia said on the Wednesday, March 16, episode of the “Bachelor Happy Hour” podcast, referring to the pair’s initial breakup during fantasy suites. “That’s how we feel, we both felt that we both were valid. It’s really hard right now to see everybody basically taking sides because we’re, like, ‘They don’t know we’re together!’”

“People are taking sides … They’re being divisive. And they’re claiming these absolutes and we were four months past it. And we’re together and we both see each other’s perspective,” Susie told Becca Kufrin and Serena Pitt on Wednesday. “And we both have given each other grace where we’ve needed to. … We have high standards, and I would not be dating Clayton if he were a bad person, or if he were, you know, disrespectful when we had arguments. I wouldn’t stick around for that. I left him in Iceland, like, I wasn’t afraid to say, ‘No, I don’t want to be in this relationship.’ Because I didn’t know if it was good for me. But it is good for me.”

Well kudos to her for keeping it down to 3 likes, just 1 per paragraph. There’s hope for her. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Well kudos to her for keeping it down to 3 likes, just 1 per paragraph. There’s hope for her. 

but how many "if I'm being honest"s were there? That was the phrase sending me over the edge in the final episode, I think I'd almost welcome the likes again if I didn't have to hear that one.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

In the People article, Clayton called them Claysie. 

Just no, no, no, it is Sayton (kudos to who penned this on the forum)

Claysie…lord, just when you think this guy can’t get any worse…

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

But what if ........what if we just don't care?  Clay-UN is a dolt. Your relationship is your (hahaha) relationship.  I won't ask YOU to support ME...and vice versa.  You've had your fifteen minutes of fame.  He has had his HOURS of HUMILIATION.  Time to say buh-bye.Bye Bye Goodbye GIF

Agreed.  If she wants to be with a jerk / moron, then okay.  But we don’t have to like either of them.  Lol

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Claysie…lord, just when you think this guy can’t get any worse…

Poor, poor, poor NEEDY WANNABEE!  He even had to make up his own "hashtaggable nickname."   What about Sue-UN?

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Here's more:

"Bachelor Nation Is Perplexed by Susie Evans’ Toilet Photo With Clayton Echard"
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/bachelor-nation-perplexed-susie-evans-toilet-photo-clayton-echard.html/

Not only do they treat us to a photo of Susie relieving herself in front of a self-satisfied Clayton, but they also include a video montage of way too intimate, phony, and smug shots of this pair of attention whores.

Clayton sure wants us to know he got to sleep with all three finalists after all.

I think this couple is actually quite gross.

I agree with @CrazyDog - they are trying way too hard.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The only press I want to see is Clayton packing his bags and moving in with his parents and that’s even pushing it!

Or an article a few years from now about how his love life has been worse since he's been the Bachelor than it had been before. Kinda like those lottery winners who end up even poorer than before the windfall because they're terrible at controlling their impulses and thinking long-term.

ETA:

5 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Here's more:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/bachelor-nation-perplexed-susie-evans-toilet-photo-clayton-echard.html/

Just when you think that someone can't possibly sink any lower. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

The only press I want to see is Clayton packing his bags and moving in with his parents and that’s even pushing it!

I’m sure that’s not what his parents want!

3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I find that picture very disturbing and not cute or funny at all.

Seems like he actually have met his true match in Susie.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Here's more:

Not only do they treat us to a photo of Susie relieving herself in front of a self-satisfied Clayton, but they also include a video montage of way too intimate, phony, and smug shots of this pair of attention whores.

Clayton sure wants us to know he got to sleep with all three finalists after all.

Ugh….and all that dancing / auditioning.   Yuck. 

I guess they really deserve each other.   And I’m 100% convinced her leaving in Iceland was 100% scripted for drama.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I guess they really deserve each other.   And I’m 100% convinced her leaving in Iceland was 100% scripted for drama.  

They both gross me out.

Now I know y leaked the final contestants on the promos, TPTB were self aware enough to realize that Clayton was a non enjoyable train wreck.

That being said, they are why to focused on train wrecks, drama, cat fights, and shrimp than actually letting something organic actually happen.

• Love 5

The only additional info I want to learn about this pair of weirdos is how production got them together, why they did and what they were promised.

The social media performance the Saytons are currently producing for our benefit seems like a suspicious attempt to prove something to viewers.

I guess we'll find out more about this weird ending in a couple of months when we see whether they last and what happens when DWTS contestants are announced.
At this point I would rather NOT see Clayton on DWTS - after everything that happened on the show and now after seeing these photos and his gross smug behavior I'm finding him very very unattractive.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Yes! They are def auditioning!! He is growing uglier by the minute. And she is gross too. I really don't want to see him on DWTS. Yuck!

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Eh, after seeing that photo, those two deserve each other.  Just do it the fuck someplace else. 

ROTFLOL!🤣🚽💑🧻📷
Has any other couple ever performed for Bach Nation like this at the end of a season?

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Has any other couple ever performed for Bach Nation like this at the end of a season?

Not like THIS...but Bachelor Nation DID put a down payment on a house for a recent couple.  So weird!!!  Was it some sort of blackmail? This franchise has lost its way.

Edited by Back Atcha
removed an offending apostrophe
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

At this point I would rather NOT see Clayton on DWTS - after everything that happened on the show and now after seeing these photos and his gross smug behavior I'm finding him very very unattractive.

I'd like to see how DWTS costume experts (and they ARE experts) camouflage the EXTREME SLOPE of his shoulders.  Gross smugness is apparently contagious; Susie caught it from Clay-UN!  Her current photos show a wicked manipulator--rather than the sweet sincere woman who "innocently" walked out of a limo one evening.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

ROTFLOL!🤣🚽💑🧻📷

4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Not like THIS...but Bachelor Nation DID put a down payment on a house for a recent couple.  So weird!!!  Was it some sort of blackmail? This franchise has lost it's way.

Yes, but how many times have we seen Michelle and Nayte in the media?   They’ve kept a relatively low profile.  

And one relatively shallow observation about Clayton from that video…it is apparent he has fallen curse to something ex athletes have to worry  about when they retire….he has gained a lot of weight.  He needs to overhaul his lifestyle or sweaters won’t be enough to camouflage the gain…and with his height, it will be really obvious.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

Here's more:

Where’s the grossed out reaction button 🤢

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 3/17/2022 at 2:19 PM, nlkm9 said:

So were gabby and rachel truly surprised at the dual announcement ? It is hard to know as everything is so over produced.

Nooo. The show would never announce them without contracts signed. There has to be agreement on money matters, at least. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I’m sure that’s not what his parents want!

I find that picture very disturbing and not cute or funny at all.

Seems like he actually have met his true match in Susie.

The picture is just dumb. Maybe it would have been provocative years ago, but not anymore. Susie looks so much like Hannah Brown I wonder why they cast her. 

8 hours ago, DEL901 said:
12 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Not like THIS...but Bachelor Nation DID put a down payment on a house for a recent couple.  So weird!!!  Was it some sort of blackmail? This franchise has lost it's way.

Yes, but how many times have we seen Michelle and Nayte in the media?   They’ve kept a relatively low profile.  

YES!!    I wonder if "Bachelor Nation" expected more...so much more.  (Wish I could remove that apostrophe from "it's."

• LOL 2
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And one relatively shallow observation about Clayton from that video…it is apparent he has fallen curse to something ex athletes have to worry  about when they retire….he has gained a lot of weight.

He probably did a lot of working out (A LOT!) before his first appearance on television...then had to keep it up.  Now he thinks he can roll back or stop entirely?  Uh-UNH!!!   (And wasn't one of his insecurities that he was a fat kid?)

• Love 3

Those two are gross. I had a negative feeling about him from the beginning but he exceeded my low expectations. He’s pathetic & Susie must be desperate for the limelight. I don’t know if they’ll last or not but if they do-they deserve each other. 

The “winners” if The Bachelor” Season 26 are Gabby & Rachel. Hope there are some decent guys on their season of the B’ette. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Not like THIS...but Bachelor Nation DID put a down payment on a house for a recent couple.  So weird!!!  Was it some sort of blackmail? This franchise has lost its way.

who had a house payment put down for them? that is so wierd!!

51 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

who had a house payment put down for them? that is so wierd!!

From E! OnlineBy ELYSE DUPRE DEC 22, 2021 6:59 AMTAGS

• Michelle Young and Nayte Olukoya's next chapter together is off to a rosy start.
  • After getting engaged during the season 18 finale of The Bachelorette, the couple appeared on After the Final Rose and received a surprise gift: a down payment on a house.
  • The present came after Michelle and Nayte were talking about their future together and their plans for him to move to her home state of Minnesota in the next few months.
  • "Very soon," Nayte, who's from Winnipeg and was living in Austin, Texas, said during the Dec. 21 episode. "We're not waiting. There's no reason to wait with Michelle. Let's do this!"
  • When Kaitlyn Bristowe, who hosted AFR solo after Tayshia Adams was exposed to COVID-19 and missed the show out of an abundance of caution, asked if Michelle and Nayte were already house hunting, he replied, "Oh yes! The Zillow notifications are crazy."
  • That's when a gingerbread house with a big red bow on it was brought out. Upon lifting the roof, Michelle and Nayte found a check inside. 
  • "That right there is from us in the Bachelor family," Kaitlyn said, "and that is a—I'm going to cry—that's a down payment on your first home together." 

Michelle then revealed the check had been made out for $200,000.

• Love 3
On 3/18/2022 at 10:58 PM, Melonie77 said:

ROTFLOL!🤣🚽💑🧻📷

20 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

15 hours ago, DEL901 said:

And one relatively shallow observation about Clayton from that video…it is apparent he has fallen curse to something ex athletes have to worry  about when they retire….he has gained a lot of weight.  He needs to overhaul his lifestyle or sweaters won’t be enough to camouflage the gain…and with his height, it will be really obvious.   

So it is indeed unusual for the final pair to make silly videos of themselves in bed choking their partner, dancing around a pool table, stuffing their faces with fattening foods and sitting on the toilet?🤣 
I don't remember ever seeing behavior like this before. 
I did see Michelle and Nayte posted about their trip to Mexico but it was just a pretty normal group of images. I'm betting most couples want privacy when the show is finally over or they are on the verge of breaking up any way.

The $200,000 down payment for a house Michelle and Nayte received was strange - no one else ever received such a gift and I don't think an explanation was ever given. Does anyone have any theories?

Found an interesting article on the bachelorette and will go post it in that thread...

• Like 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

The $200,000 down payment for a house Michelle and Nayte received was strange - no one else ever received such a gift and I don't think an explanation was ever given. Does anyone have any theories?

Found an interesting article on the bachelorette and will go post it in that thread...

Since Nayte explicitly mentioned Zillow when talking about their house hunt, I wonder if Zillow paid the $200k for the publicity. They had just had a huge PR disaster with the failure of their flipping business and the subsequent layoff of 25% of their staff, so they were probably desperate to have their name mentioned in a more positive context.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Since Nayte explicitly mentioned Zillow when talking about their house hunt, I wonder if Zillow paid the $200k for the free publicity. They had just had a huge PR disaster with the failure of their flipping business and the subsequent layoff of 25% of their staff, so they were probably desperate to have their name mentioned in a more positive context.

That's a good theory. I suppose they wouldn't miss the chance to monetize every moment on the show. But would they still claim the money was a gift from Bach Nation if it came from Zillow? Do M and N have to return the money if they don't buy a house...sort of like how they have to return the ring if they break up before 2 years?

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

That's a good theory. I suppose they wouldn't miss the chance to monetize every moment on the show. But would they still claim the money was a gift from Bach Nation if it came from Zillow? Do M and N have to return the money if they don't buy a house...sort of like how they have to return the ring if they break up before 2 years?

I don't know, it was all very vague. Another theory going around at the time was that the show had some money left over in their budget that they needed to spend by the end of the year in order to not get their budget slashed the following year. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I don't know, it was all very vague. Another theory going around at the time was that the show had some money left over in their budget that they needed to spend by the end of the year in order to not get their budget slashed the following year. 

That makes sense too. They are generous with the weddings they televise - I believe they pay the couple to allow the filming plus ABC covers the wedding expenses.
And I think they have treated various couples to vacations.

11 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Is this a silly question, "WHY?"

• Was so much less spent on Michelle's location?
  • Was Michelle's wardrobe expense extremely low?
  • Other reasons?
  • Why?  Just WHY?

I watched michelles season and loved her wardrobe. And she got 200k for a house. Not sure what is being implied here.

2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I watched michelles season and loved her wardrobe. And she got 200k for a house. Not sure what is being implied here.

Nothing nefarious, I can assure you.   The only question is a simple one: WHY. 

What is your opinion on the $200,000 down payment?  No one else has ever received something like this.

Michelle's wardrobe was cute/elegant, but nothing compared to the expensive/extensive wardrobes of the past because they couldn't travel much.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I believe Michelle's season was "less than" (re:  no exotic locales, etc) due to COVID.

Re:  Michelle's wardrobe.  It's my understanding that they bring their own wardrobe; many contestants have said they spent upwards of $10,000 to $20,000 of their own money.  Michelle is a teacher, so I believe she did the best she could do with her own resources.  I thought she always looked amazing.  

• Love 3