Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Great summary of ALL the Bachelor Nation couples still together.  BiP leads the shows in succulent couples by far. 

20 hours ago, chocolatine said:

It's because of all those agave plants in Mexico. 😉

One of the many successful Bachelor in Paradise succulent couples!😉

BipSucculents.thumb.jpg.7e17914adab9362559ded2584e378bee.jpg

@DEL901 
I love it when auto-correct entertains with humorous replacements!

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
On 3/22/2023 at 12:33 PM, Jax7917 said:

I think on this show, the host doesn't really matter.

I agree, but I think the host could matter without redoing the entire show.

Remember when Katie Thurston was melting down in the bathroom after things imploded with Greg? Kaitlyn came out and talked her off the ledge -- something Chris not only couldn't have done, but it wouldn't have occurred to him to try. But Kaitlyn had some relatable experience.

This is why I'd be interested in a double-host role, one man and one woman. Maybe Kaitlyn and Jesse, maybe a different pair. When the lead or any of the contestants start to lose it, the would have someone to talk to. We'd get more insight into what's going on with them than we get from a staged ITM.

You could have moments in each episode where the host is less someone who counts roses and more like Jeff Probst in the chat before the Survivor tribal councils.

As it is now, Jesse could be an app.  Or Julie Chen.

• LOL 2

Yay, Mike Fleiss is leaving! Hopefully there can be some positive changes to the show.

https://deadline.com/2023/03/mike-fleiss-steps-down-bachelor-franchise-abc-1235311756/

Also, Zach and Kaity confirm that her last date was second, after Gabi's, but the show edited and aired them in the opposite order as many here suspected. 

https://www.etonline.com/the-bachelor-finale-zach-explains-the-conflicting-timelines-of-when-he-knew-kaity-was-the-one

"The beauty of reality TV and editing. It was actually not in that order," Zach explained, adding that his last date with Gabi actually happened before his final date with Kaity, despite how it aired on TV.

"I never want there to be this false narrative, but from what I said, it was true," he said. "When I had that date with Gabi, leaving it, I wasn't fully sure. My mind [was not] made up at all, but when I saw Kaity the next day, I was like, 'Duh, it's you. It's been you.'"

"She gives me s**t for it, but [I was] so in my head, and I just was like, 'You know what? I take this so seriously, an engagement. I want to make sure,'" Zach continued. "And then I was worried. And then I was like, 'Wait, she's here.'"

Kaity doesn't hold anything against her fiancé, as she pointed out he had a "big decision" to make about who his "forever person" would be. "I'll obviously toot my horn a little bit, but [he had] two incredible women in front of him, that's a tough decision," she acknowledged.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
28 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

Also, Zach and Kaity confirm that her last date was second, after Gabi's, but the show edited and aired them in the opposite order as many here suspected. 

So he was able to resist Ariel because Kaity had already given him multiple knees to the doodle, emotionwise, and just wasn't in the mood?

36 minutes ago, phlebas said:

So he was able to resist Ariel because Kaity had already given him multiple knees to the doodle, emotionwise, and just wasn't in the mood?

No i think that this refers to the final date.  Although the sequence on nightmare suites also seems messed up.

• Like 3

Zach admitting maybe he shouldn't have tried to follow Sean quite so closely when it came to fantasy suites:

“Sean had been someone from, you know, the very beginning that has been so supportive and helpful throughout all of this, giving me advice and support. And when the week of overnights came, we had that time to talk and I was starting to freak out,” Zach admitted. “I just knew of this infamous week, this historical week on this show, and I wanted to go about it the best way I could. I didn’t know if there’s a right way, or a wrong way. I didn’t know. And I did pick his brain and he informed me of the way how he went about his week.”

“He has this loving family and a beautiful wife, beautiful kids. And in my mind, I was like, ‘You know what? You did that and that really worked for you. What could go wrong?’ And obviously, as we saw what transpired, a lot went wrong,” Zach continued. “Obviously, his was for different reasons and stuff like that. But yeah, he’s someone I trust, he’s an intelligent dude. I mean, he’s someone so trustworthy and I took what he was saying and almost just took it too literal because I was just grabbing anything I could to help me through this mind-boggling week.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/zach-shallcross-on-not-hiding-his-emotions-sean-lowes-advice/

Couple more interviews:

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Just read that Fleiss left the series after Warner Bros. investigated him for misconduct.  Surprise!  Surprise!  A far cry from his cheery post about moving on.

Apparently, there were quite a few complaints about him to HR concerning bullying, retaliation and racial discrimination.  

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 5

Oh no. This is a huge tragedy. Why god why. There is no justizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

So Peter is at large in Calgary?  Great. Someone change the battery in Barb's tracking anklet.

• LOL 9

Colton Underwood Marries Jordan C. Brown in Beautiful Napa Wedding
Colton Underwood is a married man! The former Bachelor star tied the knot with fiancé Jordan C. Brown after a more than year-long engagement. The happy couple tied the knot in front of 200 guests at the Carneros Resort and Spa in Napa Valley, California, on Saturday, May 13. "The day of our ceremony, we have a disco-themed pool party," the former reality star, 31, told People ahead of their big day. "It's going to be a fun wedding. I'll say that!" "We wanted trees around and sunshine," Jordan,

Read in Life&Style Weekly: https://apple.news/Ay7tEMi-GQF-f-4cSSYfrZg

• Like 1
(edited)

I hate how quickly the media seems to have forgotten that, before coming out as gay, Colton harassed Cassie for months and put a tracker on her car.

As far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't be getting any positive coverage ever again.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Like 8
  • Applause 6
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I hate how quickly the media seems to have forgotten that, before coming out as gay, Colton harassed Cassie for months and put a tracker on her car.

As far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't be getting any positive coverage ever again.

I so agree. He’s still an asshole no matter his identity.

In addition, The Bachelor led us on a stupid, false journey, what an insult to loyal viewers.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, dleighg said:

Lord, I just hope we can see less spit-sharing among the older crowd, and more authentic conversations. Can we outlaw the words "connection" and "journey"?

Or “Conversating”.

• LOL 5

Let's hope the older folks know better than to say "Him & I's relationship".

BTW, I'm an "older folk", and I applied!  I never did hear back.  😪

I'm guessing you did not have an agent (or at the very least, a resume showing some previous on-camera experience).

• Like 1
6 hours ago, adhoc said:

I'm guessing you did not have an agent (or at the very least, a resume showing some previous on-camera experience).

LOL, no, just a basic older female.  I'm considered reasonably attractive, in decent shape, etc., but if they checked out my social media, it's all pretty boring stuff.  No drama, no crazy exes, nothing for a producer to work with.

I'm girl-next door with a sense of humor:  If you were to put Sally Field, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and Diane Keaton in a blender, it would be similar to me.

Not enough drama to stir up the pool-throwing, wig-stealing, shrimp-throwing they want to film.

I filled out the entire application, essay questions & all, with enough pictures and my real name, as I knew they'd want to stalk me.  Maybe they saw the sweater I knitted and thought I'd be too wild.

Oh well...I'll watch while I snark here!

• Like 7
On 5/18/2023 at 2:24 AM, chocolatine said:

Is Brad Womack old enough to be the lead?

He’s 50 but I don’t think that’s the age range or demo they’re going for. They’re looking for someone who’s already a grandpa so hometowns will be meet my kids/grandkids. Besides isn’t Brad off the market? He appeared with a hot gf he said he was in a long term steady relationship with on the GOAT episode that aired during Covid. 🤷🏻‍♀️

image.jpeg.38c0ecf9aa4a44c2d1c8a4516208259d.jpegThey said it’s airing this fall but I’ll believe it when I see something more concrete. Fall is only a little over 3 months away so I’d have expected them to at least have a lead locked in and contestants within a few weeks so they can start filming. I mean, they’re not dealing with young whippersnappers. Anyway, I hope it’s worth the wait seeing as I’m boycotting the Bachelorette. I’ve been binging on Australian bachelor and survivor franchises and they’re just sooo good. 

• Like 1
(edited)

I checked out his LinkedIn.  Turns out, we have mutual connections....who knew.

Yes, he received hundreds of responses, tons of offers.  Meanwhile, companies are laying off thousands, and all of those people are "open to work", not getting anywhere.  I don't know, I find it kind of frustrating.  Read the room, Zach.

I guess I'm a little snarky due to the fact that my company just laid off 8000 people, so many great ones, who are getting nowhere with all their hard work trying to land even an interview.

He also says that he wants to follow in Uncle Patrick Warburton's footsteps to do voice work.  Patrick Warburton has done over 300 episodes of "Family Guy".  Um, Zach, the reason your uncle is so successful in this field is his unmistakeable, characteristic, booming voice.  You sound like Minnie Mouse.

And while he says he wants a "normal life", he used his Bachelor stint in his LinkedIn posts, and wants to stay in the Hollywood edges doing voice work.  

If you were so happy at Oracle, why don't you go back there?

OK, enough Zach snark for me for now...

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
On 7/6/2023 at 1:40 PM, phlebas said:

Did Zach and Kaity ever move in together?  Did she leave Austin, even though she had just made him lug in and assemble all her furniture?

Kaity lives in Canada, she's in Austin on contract only

And that wasn't her house, all houses are Air BnB house.

4 hours ago, Kerri Johnson said:

Kaity lives in Canada, she's in Austin on contract only

And that wasn't her house, all houses are Air BnB house.

Sheesh. We thought half her appeal was them living in the same town.

But either way -- Zach worked for Oracle in Austin pre-Bachelorette, right?  Is he still there?  It sounded like he had left the area. 

Whether he lives in Austin or LA, it's quite a haul from Kingston.

• Useful 1

I certainly have hope that this will have grown-ups who don't think that how someone 'fights for me' in some stupid beach game is relevant to compatibility And i imagine they have a lot of more interesting things to talk about than "I really feel we are making a connection on this journey. Let's make out."

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I really wished they had picked someone 10 years younger, but we'll see. I haven't watched the latest B-ette and that's a first for me in 15 years. But I am so intrigued. I just hope they treat these people with respect and not subject them to ridiculous dates and manipulations.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

And I hope we don't have grown-ups saying like like like like like every other word.

Same, but if they want to throw in some "consarnits" I won't hate it

• LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/13/2023 at 8:01 PM, dizzyd said:

Senior bachelor

This cast can probably write their own script. At least I hope they’ll be entertaining. 

Gerry Turner

He looks good in the photo…too good. Wonder what he will look like without the photoshop.  Dude is 71.   No matter how good he looks for his age…. And they had better not have any bachelorettes under 60.  He has 2 daughters that look to be in their 40s or thereabouts (he got married 49 years ago and was widowed 6 years ago)

edited for # of daughters

Edited by DEL901
(edited)
1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

I really wished they had picked someone 10 years younger, but we'll see. 

I applied to be a contestant.  They only wanted women 60+, and I was 59 at the time.  This was 2 years ago, as they've been dragging this thing out for so long.

So when it said 60+ for the women, I had a feeling the guy would be 70+.  Which, frankly, he looks old.  Sure, he looks good "for his age", but the dude looks old to me.

He's not my type, at all.  I find him kind of ick, and we are in the same age range.  Something about him I don't like.

I did the whole application, the pictures, the essays, etc.  Never heard a word.  FWIW, I'm in decent shape (I'm no model), no baggage, but also no "sob story", which I'm sure we'll hear a lot of.  

But they never responded to me, so....c'est la vie.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I applied to be a contestant.  They only wanted women 60+, and I was 59 at the time.  This was 2 years ago, as they've been dragging this thing out for so long.

So when it said 60+ for the women, I had a feeling the guy would be 70+.  Which, frankly, he looks old.  Sure, he looks good "for his age", but the dude looks old to me.

He's not my type, at all.  I find him kind of ick, and we are in the same age range.  Something about him I don't like.

I did the whole application, the pictures, the essays, etc.  Never heard a word.  FWIW, I'm in decent shape (I'm no model), no baggage, but also no "sob story", which I'm sure we'll hear a lot of.  

But they never responded to me, so....c'est la vie.

Well I'm 64, and happily married. If I weren't married, I'd be all over a dude 60-65. Gerry is going to be 72 in August. That would give me pause. Nope, not interested in taking care of an old man. I wish they would have skewed the entire cast 10-15 years younger. For the record, my husband is younger than I am.

But I'm still going to watch.

• Like 3
12 hours ago, DEL901 said:

He looks good in the photo…too good. Wonder what he will look like without the photoshop.  Dude is 71.   No matter how good he looks for his age…. And they had better not have any bachelorettes under 60.  He has 2 daughters that look to be in their 40s or thereabouts (he got married 49 years ago and was widowed 6 years ago)

edited for # of daughters

My thought when I first saw him is that he's been hitting the Grecian Formula. I saw a clip where he talked--maybe a commercial last night--and I think he is going to be geekier than he seems.