Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Wings707: Thanks for the definition of dime piece. I didn't think until later to go to Urban Dictionary, then was sort of afraid to. Heh.

I know what a "side piece" is, but dime piece was new to me. Obviously, it's a term used by God-Fearing Christian Virginal folk.

• Love 1

Is Sean the "born sexy" guy? Blonde and bland one?

Not sure if he's the "born sexy" one (actually I'm pretty sure he wasn't sexy) but I think it was his wedding to Catherine that had the disgusting (IMO and all) Grown Sexy theme.

The funny thing about Sean being Mr. super-extra-Christian is that he reminds me so much of Mark Pellegrino who played Lucifer on Supernatural.

Oh, the heck. I actually LIKE Mark Pellegrino. So I cannot agree! Although the character contrast is a good one, so thanks for that.

• Love 2

I don't get the whole "grown" thing that a lot of people say. Like "I'm a grown-ass man". What does that mean??? Does it mean something different than just saying "I'm a man"?

• Love 1

I don't get the whole "grown" thing that a lot of people say. Like "I'm a grown-ass man". What does that mean??? Does it mean something different than just saying "I'm a man"?

Yeah I'm not sure I get it either, but it always makes me think of Chris Bukowski & his crazy yet wily ways. One of my dream pairings in Bachelor Nation would be Michelle Money & Chris B camera hogging it up YOPO style.

I can't believe they actually paid $50k to have the show come there!  I do think it might give them a slight tourism bump for anyone with half a brain though. The scenery was gorgeous. It did make me want to visit. Fortunately, I know that no passport is required.

• Love 2

I'm not surprised that TB screwed it up, but I am surprised that anyone trusted them not to do so.

NikSac, you should go - it's really a very special place. DH and I visit New Mexico every 2 or 3 years and were in Santa Fe a week after the show filmed. There's lots to do, whether you're a sightseer, museum-goer, recreational shopper, hiker, foodie, etc.

• Love 2

Monday night, my local news is playing an interview with Chris and all the b-ettes (six of them?) that came here on a date. I'll try to remember to watch and will post in Spoilers if anything worthwhile happens. Supposedly, the tv interviewer says the favorite for F1 will be revealed. 

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

Still, I wish I would have known Chris et. al. were here*. I would have liked to have gone and been a groupie watching.

*Iowa, in case anyone wondered where Chris lives. Heh.

• Love 1

Oh, Jen, that is the most (dramatic!) interesting article EVAH and just proves what many of us feel, that this show is degrading to women. This article reveals that's its entire MO. Funny that I recognized Darva Conger right away in that photo, and knew her name, but didn't remember the guy at all.

That needs to be required reading for EVERYONE who watches this show.

• Love 2

Oh, Jen, that is the most (dramatic!) interesting article EVAH and just proves what many of us feel, that this show is degrading to women. This article reveals that's its entire MO. Funny that I recognized Darva Conger right away in that photo, and knew her name, but didn't remember the guy at all.

That needs to be required reading for EVERYONE who watches this show.

No kidding! Comparing the Bachelor to a beauty pageant where the "prize" is marriage! Swimsuit competition? Yes, women in bikinis parading down the street. And, wedding gowns! Women in wedding gowns competing for a groom! Yep, because for single women, life is all about competing with each other for a diamond ring.

• Love 4

The tweets are hilarious! Jill Biden watches The Bachelor?! Who knew?

Huffington Post does a recap every week and includes the Tweets. I got nervous this week because the recap wasn't posted, but then I saw them with this article (different writer). But a few seasons back when i found that column, I was freaking out that Jill Biden would tarnish her reputation with Bachelor tweets, but someone on this board (or actually was probably TWOP) pointed out that it wasn't actually her.

• Love 1

Huffington Post does a recap every week and includes the Tweets. I got nervous this week because the recap wasn't posted, but then I saw them with this article (different writer). But a few seasons back when i found that column, I was freaking out that Jill Biden would tarnish her reputation with Bachelor tweets, but someone on this board (or actually was probably TWOP) pointed out that it wasn't actually her.

Well, that figures. Would have been great if it actually was her. Those tweets are still really funny. I'll have to keep an eye out for the HuffPo recaps.

• Love 1

What's going on?  My TV schedule says "The Bachelor," is on tonight (Sunday) from 8 to 11 and again tomorrow at it's regular time.  I'll probably end up having to wait a while to see it because Sunday night is impossible for me.  That's why I picked a Monday night show to follow.  Angryness.

I know, Judy, I'm with you ... this two-night thing is screwing with my schedule. Because tonight I'm all about the SNL reunion. So I'll only get to see TB during commercial breaks in that. I'm trusting you folks here to fill in my blanks. Because, you know, so much happens on each episode.

• Love 1

Our local ABC news affiliate has been interviewing Chris and the b-ettes during their trip to Des Moines. I just caught the end of the interview last night (SNL ran long!), but the newscaster said she's blogging about her time with Chris in Iowa. So I'm searching for the blog and came up with this. It's the "other bachelors of Arlington" calendar!

http://wqad.com/2014/12/29/arlington-guys-sell-the-bachelor-inspired-calendar-to-raise-money-for-town/

Okay, here's another link that talks about behind the scenes in Des Moines, the fact they were not allowed to speak with Britt (why?) and that Des Moines coughed up $70,000 to "offset production costs" of filming in that town. And SantE Fe was upset about their tiny $50,000? So, ABC is essentially PAID to produce TB in different locales, and ad money from commercials just goes ... where? No wonder Fleiss can keep this show on the air.

http://wqad.com/2015/02/15/go-behind-the-scenes-of-the-bachelor-with-news-8/

Edited by saber5055

http://www.people.com/article/bachelor-chris-soules-blog-episode-7?xid=rss-topheadlines

Chris's blog on People.comyeah, he has Britt's number:  

Other than what Carly had said, I had no reason not to believe Britt. However, her extremely over-the-top reaction from earlier was still on my mind. How could she be that excited about Arlington? Was Britt, like Kaitlyn said, molding herself to be who she thought I wanted her to be? Anyway, I couldn't spend my whole night talking to Britt so I moved on. #redflags

Britt's reaction to me giving Kaitlyn the rose confused and hurt me, considering the fact she not only received a rose on the last group date, I gave her the rose on a stage with Big & Rich during their concert; something that all of the other girls would have loved to experience. The police sirens going off in the background during that conversation felt like some sort of omen.

• Love 1

Depends on your definition of doing fine. Piven is kind of an ass.

Piven has the reputation of being a pig!  Stories about him abound.  Googling brings up too many to reference here!  

• Love 2

The people of Arlington, Iowa are not pleased with how it was portrayed. They should talk to Sante Fe about their gripes.

You gotta love that amongst the "all kinds of things going on" is the many plumbing shops! Whether you get sick or your pipes spring a leak, Arlington is the place to be!

“I think they made the town look like there was nothing going on here, when in fact there are all kinds of things going on here,” city clerk Mary Jo Brown said before going through a list of amenities. “We have a library, a bank and a medical clinic. We have a couple plumbing shops, three churches, several parks.”

• Love 4

See, I told you guys production picked a time to go to Arlington when everything was closed, just so it would look crappy.

But city leaders say, most of those businesses weren’t closed for good, they were just closed for the day. Crews shot that scene late afternoon on a Saturday.

And TPTB aren't commenting, OF COURSE. Because this show is all manipulated. They wanted a total b-ette breakdown over the one thing Chris says worries him the most, Arlington.

Producers of “The Bachelor” producers said they had no comment about the town’s portrayal in the show.

The 400 population has to be totally within city limits and does not include the surrounding country families that have Arlington as their address, something that would add hundreds more to the pop. For the town to have a library AND medical center is remarkable. And a bank and three churches. It takes a lot of people to support three churches. And for the plumbers to have shops IS a big deal. In my small town (pop. 1,700) the furnace and plumbing guys work out of their houses.