Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Artsda said:

So he announces to People that hours after the media everywhere is announcing Nikki's wedding? He did that on purpose.

As chocolatine said, the article is dated August 15th.  Since Nikki's name came up, I was wondering what was up with Juan Pablo and I came across that article about him.

Did anyone see Ben and Lauren's show?  I regret to say I did.  lol.  It was so boring, and I have no idea why they gave them a show.  I laugh that in one scene they just can't believe people come up and ask personal questions about their relationship while they are taping a reality show.  Come on now....  

And then the previews for next week are all dramatic about whether they will let ABC film their wedding (again, while they are doing a reality show).  If you really wanted to be on your own and doing things quietly...you would be.  

• Love 10

Didn't watch it but read about it in US Weekly and Daily Mail, where both focused on Lauren's apparently still being so bothered about JoJo and Ben's telling JoJo he loved her during his season. The whole thing sounded ridiculous and like some forced tension for two people who are too boring to have any interesting drama, which is why them even getting a show makes no sense to me but whatever. And it's also why this whole thing doesn't seem like a good idea to me because that's the nature of these types of shows, forced stuff for drama purposes. Nothing good has ever come from couples putting their relationship on display in a reality show. 

I saw the show and also thought it was boring. Those two don't have the personality to carry a show. Not trying to be insulting, but neither strikes me as being the brightest bulb. The beginning was SO staged in the grocery store. The "random fan" approaching them and asking numerous questions. The show focused on Lauren feeling threatened by JoJo. Is that even true? Ben seems unsure of himself. He just does not strike me as a confident, strong guy.

I watched it too. Ugh, a very very bad idea. There are both too low-key to carry an hour show; watching them watching the Bachelorette was sleep-inducing. I think this will tarnish their reputations; but at the same time, who am I kidding? No one will be watching this. In the end, it made me realize how much star power JoJo has, as whenever she showed up (in voice or in person) the show picked up real energy. 

To me, Lauren and Ben seem like one of those couples that might not make it.

On 10/9/2016 at 11:35 AM, ApprenticeFan said:

This article is so shady, and I was highly amused.  Between the headline and the first photo caption, "Finally she'll be a bride," I couldn't stop chuckling.  Also: "I traveled the world looking for love when love was in my backyard the whole time." Alrighty. 

On the plus side, Vienna looks much better as a brunette. 

I liked Juan Pablo as well, though I don't understand why getting a new girlfriend warrants a People article. I'm surprised he's not blacklisted from any Time Warner-affiliated publications. 

Edited by ribboninthesky1
On 10/12/2016 at 2:50 PM, ribboninthesky1 said:

On the plus side, Vienna looks much better as a brunette. 

You are not kidding.  She is actually cute!!! (Shudders) I always thought she was hideous inside and out.  Now, its just inside, I guess. 

Luke has told the media that he is currently writing an entire album on JoJo. He said he will reference her, but won't say her name, because he doesn't want to be cheesy. That seems awkward AF.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dom16 said:

Maybe because Nick is also known as a sex hound in Bachelor Nation, so I'm not quite surprised with the angle they're taking on him. Why even pretend he's Mr. Clean like Ben was?

I have a question about streaming episodes; I hope it's okay for me to post it in here. I'm new to the Bachelor-verse, and I've been watching past seasons. I see that seasons 13+ of The Bachelor are available on Amazon, and seasons 6+ of The Bachelorette. Anyone know how I can watch the earlier seasons?

19 hours ago, Canada said:

I love how she says in that article that her culture frowns on PDA, but apparently marrying a guy twice your age for his money is perfectly acceptable.

Her coyness on Sean's season wrt her "culture" was a load of crap. She has fake boobs and did semi-nude modeling before her Bachelor stint - hardly the "devout Muslim" behavior.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Selma's ring is gorgeous but I don't know if it's worth having to close your eyes and think of England when she's with her husband. 

It looks like the right ring to husband ratio to me.

• Love 5

Selma was always going to be a trophy wife.  You could tell from day 1 on Sean's season that her first husband would be older and rich.  Essential so that when he dies, she can go full-cougar and buy a pretty boy toy to amuse her.  She'll have earned it by then. 

I was a bit surprised she didn't have a dog-and-pony show wedding, but after a 6 month engagement, maybe she decided she needed to lock it down & get him securely roped in without the big shindig.  Maybe he'd started getting antsy, so she went fast and simple to guarantee he wouldn't bolt.   

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Did anyone else see Nick, Andi, and Kaitlyn on Kimmel tonight? Did they really need to repeat the episode?

Kaitlyn was doing the most and making it all about herself as usual.

• Love 4

I thought Kaitlyn had PTSD regarding all things related to her season of The Bachelorette and from what I've heard, she practically blocks people for merely mentioning Nick on her social media. Oh but silly me, anything for some camera time on a highly rated nationally televised show. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I thought Kaitlyn had PTSD regarding all things related to her season of The Bachelorette and from what I've heard, she practically blocks people for merely mentioning Nick on her social media. Oh but silly me, anything for some camera time on a highly rated nationally televised show. 

She's always dissing the show, yet get mad when she doesn't get invited to some events and can't seem to say no to the camera opportunities when ABC call her. I wish she went away but she ain't here for a traditional job so I guess we are stuck with her.

• Love 3
On 31.12.2016 at 11:06 PM, chocolatine said:

Selma from Sean's season has gotten married (to a sugar daddy, it looks like). One of my favorite moments in Bachelor history was when she refused to do the polar bear plunge despite Sean's insistence that it was a "leap of faith" or some such nonsense.

Loved the dress. I'm looking for a simple and understated dress for my own city hall wedding. So i went looking for info about it. Seems Selma's dress is a D&G number that would set me back about 2500 dollars. Soooo, not so simple and understated ... Too bad I'm not marrying a sugar daddy.

• Love 2
Just now, Cecily said:

Loved the dress. I'm looking for a simple and understated dress for my own city hall wedding. So i went looking for info about it. Seems Selma's dress is a D&G number that would set me back about 2500 dollars. Soooo, not so simple and understated ... Too bad I'm not marrying a sugar daddy.

But at least you won't have to close your eyes and think of England when performing your wifely duties. ;)

You could try pinning a pic of Selma in her dress on Pinterest and using their visual search tool to see if they can find similar dresses for less money.

• Love 1

Kaitlyn REALLY didn't like Joel McHale. I thought Joel was just joking that isn't there always a Kaitlyn and that he didn't know that particular Kaitlyn and, boy, did Kaitlyn take that as a personal affront! Let it go, girl. And Andi was REALLY uncomfortable being next to Nick, as well as REALLY bitter about being single. Those two should have just stayed home. They did not paint themselves in a good light.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, thejuicer said:

Kaitlyn is so full of herself. Newsflash Kaitlyn, Jimmy Kimmel and Joel McHale don't think of you nearly as much as you think they do. And when did she turn a shade of orange?

Maybe all that drinking has already led to jaundice and yellow + brown makes orange? Just guessing.

19 hours ago, thejuicer said:

Kaitlyn is so full of herself. Newsflash Kaitlyn, Jimmy Kimmel and Joel McHale don't think of you nearly as much as you think they do. And when did she turn a shade of orange?

The problem is, these people get invited on to shows like Kimmel, so they think that they're celebrities.  In reality, they're Joe Nobodies that no one cares about once their season of the Bachelor(ette) is over.  I kind of feel bad for them, because they're obviously missing something within themselves.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, thejuicer said:

I didn't get why she was so mad at McHale - she got fame and some money being on a dating reality show.  He got fame, money and another tv gig from being on a show which made fun of reality tv shows.  They are the same - except that he has actual talent. 

4 hours ago, backformore said:

I didn't get why she was so mad at McHale - she got fame and some money being on a dating reality show.  He got fame, money and another tv gig from being on a show which made fun of reality tv shows.  They are the same - except that he has actual talent. 

Well she did say she only did this show to build her brand so maybe she's just mad that her brand is celebs making fun of her

• Love 1
23 hours ago, violetr said:

Cool article from Bustle about this season of the Bachelor starting off as very sex-positive, thanks to Nick!

That's a good article and reminds me why I can't stand Kaitlyn and really like Nick. I mean, there are his tweets defending her (and the idea of adults having sex if they're interested in each other, regardless) after TB showed that tacky clip of "sex sounds behind closed doors" and she got a lot of criticism.

At the time he wrote those, she'd already been pretty much of a biatch to him, but he still made those very good points in her behalf. (Then she and Shawn went on to belittle him publicly later, too.  Between that, and being trashed by Andi in her book, I'm very happy for him to have his own season and hopefully to see it work out really well for him.  He's not missing anything with either of them, imo.  And its still difficult to see what he saw in Kaitlyn--even "fun" didn't really come across to me, so I just don't know. But she and Shawn seem crude and dumb and well-suited to each other, so ... there's that.  I hope Nick finds someone better.)

• Love 5

In Touch put that story out while the season was still filming (I think they were down to Hometowns) and said that three of the F4 wanted to walk and the producers had to convince them to stay. Someone asked Reality Steve about it and his response was, "consider the source", basically stating the story was crap. And RS really, really does not like Nick. He's pretty much stated that Nick has zero interest in getting married and is doing the show solely for fame. So for him to say the story was bogus, was telling.

He also stated prior to Juan Pablo's season that most of the women hated him by the end of filming and we all know the hot mess Juan Pablo's season turned out to be. But regarding Nick's season, the consensus seems to be the story is bogus. Plus I think sometimes Chris Harrison does sort of not so subtly give away how the season went. For example it was clear he didn't like Juan Pablo and I remember him saying Kaitlyn was her own worse enemy before her season started. All he's said regarding this season is that Nick pulls a couple of Mesnick throughout the season, regarding him crying. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2