Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Anyone tell me why Sean and Catherine are on the marriage counseling show on VH-1?? It can only be famewhoring. And I cannot imagine them in the same room with Mama June and Sugar Bear......

• Love 2

Cash.  They will do any show that will have them.  As long as there is any interest in them, they'll keep doing whatever shows are offered.  I can't really blame them, they seem to enjoy being in the limelight, and it's probably easy money.  

• Love 5

I honestly don't think that they are having any actual problems, and Cat's off-the-cuff remark about Sean between the sheets was just her trying to be amusing.  They seem pretty satisfied with their relationship, so I'm standing by the theory it's just for the pay day.  

• Love 1

Every couple has issues so Sean and Cat must, too, but I do think it is a chance to be on TV again.   I gather Sean doesn't like to fight so walks away from any conflict throwing his hands in the air.  This of course escalates the issue instead of moving through it.  I cannot tolerate that man. 

• Love 1

Saw the new ettes for Ben's season. Was Becca on before? Amanda S and Joelle look adorable. And there are two that I swear are twins.

Don't like Ben's haircut. But he still looks cute. 

Yes Becca is a reject;  she was in the final 2 of last season with Farmer Chris.

And yes there are twins on Ben's season.   Chris Harrison has them on his "six to watch" list:

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/bachelor-chris-harrison-6-women-165944387.html

Edited by CindyBee

They probably just asked her that because of her occupation, but it's still a pretty insulting question.  

No way they would ever ask one of the guy contestants if he fears not being able to get an erection, and what he's doing now to prevent it from happening in the future.  

I absolutely believe Fleiss hates women. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7

Here's the link to the full bio page.  And they didn't even bother to change anything on Becca's.  And it's wrong, since she's already turned 27.  Idiots. 

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor/cast

ha... between Laura and the 4 Laurens I'm already picturing that awkward moment where one or more of them starts to walk forward to claim the rose and Ben has to say "no, no, I meant the other one."

• Love 4

I could swear I read someone that Amanda works for an organic skincare brand, which makes her botox confession pretty bad PR.

Botox and skin care are two totally different arenas.  I see no conflict.   

• Love 1

Unless she's falsely attributing the results she gets from Botox to the skincare line. It's kinda like when Star Jones lost a bunch of weight back in the day, which she initially claimed was due to Pilates, but later admitted that she'd had lap band surgery.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 2

The keyword was organic skin care. People who are into organic cosmetics (such as myself) are usually the kind who like their beauty products to be as natural as possible, and such people wouldn't even think of having neurotoxins injected into their face. I guess it's just a job for her.

• Love 1

The keyword was organic skin care. People who are into organic cosmetics (such as myself) are usually the kind who like their beauty products to be as natural as possible, and such people wouldn't even think of having neurotoxins injected into their face. I guess it's just a job for her.

Even if the skincare wasn't organic, it would be disingenuous to say "I get my smooth skin from skincare line X", when it's really from Botox.

• Love 1

At the risk of derailing this topic even further... I don't think there's any difference between Botox or creams (organic or not).  Either way, you're altering your face/skin, fighting nature and not doing anything natural.  Technically, Botox is also a natural product.  I don't think people who use the almighty 'natural' products are any better than anyone else.  It's all the same crap.

• Love 2

At the risk of derailing this topic even further... I don't think there's any difference between Botox or creams (organic or not).  Either way, you're altering your face/skin, fighting nature and not doing anything natural.  Technically, Botox is also a natural product.  I don't think people who use the almighty 'natural' products are any better than anyone else.  It's all the same crap.

I couldn't disagree more.   face creams, natural, organic, or the regular drug store variety,  are moisturizers, they protect your skin from drying out and contain sun protection so you don't get sun damage and melanoma.   Botox is a poison that's injected into your face to interfere with the nerves  ability to send signals to the facial muscles.   huge difference. 

• Love 3

One week!  Ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to this, and I don't even particularly like Bland Ben.  

With his proclamations in that article about less PDA, it will be interesting to see if he can walk the walk, or gets sucked into the lip locks like everybody else in the past has.  

• Love 1

Steve teased a bit about it on his website but A poster in the comments section of his column yesterday pointed it out before Steve could.  He definitely has a healthy ego about his prowess as a spoiler, but he doesn't brag about himself much otherwise.  Kind of endearing to me.  But then, I like the weirdo for some strange reason!  ;-)

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

One week!  Ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to this, and I don't even particularly like Bland Ben.  

With his proclamations in that article about less PDA, it will be interesting to see if he can walk the walk, or gets sucked into the lip locks like everybody else in the past has.

Well judging from the a clip on the ABC website the answer looks like, no. One of the women had gotten a kiss from him. I'm assuming it must have been a peck because she was asking for a second kiss but Ben shot her down explaining that he wanted to take more time to get to know the ladies more before to much PDA.
  • Love 1

What I liked about Juan Pablo:

-told the truth, unlike others, in regards to not saying "I love you" 

-unwilling to propose just to go along with the show 

-held his ground in being unwilling to conform to any type of a script 

What I didn't like about Juan Pablo:

-womanizer, smooching everybody (Ben and everyone else does this so he's not alone here) 

-manipulative comments to get what he wants (they all do this but JP was more obvious) 

-hypocritical with Claire (ok for him to be easy but not for her) 

I would never date, much less marry, a man like Juan Pablo, but IMO, I liked him better than any of the other men I have ever seen on this show simply because he was unwilling to go along with ABC in what they thought he should be like. It's a reality show. To me, it's not believable when men are expected to propose or men and women are expected to say they want to get married or that they love each other. That's the degradation that exists on the show; that people would be willing to shpeel this stuff just to get on TV. Because that's what this show is truly about: I'm willing to degrade myself to get on TV. P-a-t-h-e-t-i-c.

• Love 2

As the reigning president (and only member!) of the Chris Harrison Admiration Society, I say GO ANDI if it's true.  I don't think it is, but I like her, I like him and I think he's exactly the kind of guy she'd be into.  He's handsome, well known, has money and has all the connections she'd like to make use of.   

During her season, I never got the feeling he didn't like her.  Just the opposite in fact. 

Can't help it, I just love both of them!

• Love 1

Tanner & Jade got marrried.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/bachelor-in-paradise-couple-jade-roper-and-tanner-tolbert-are-married-w162391

It’s official! Four months after getting engaged on the season 2 finale of Bachelor in Paradise, Jade Roper and Tanner Tolbert tied the knot. The pair said their “I dos” on Sunday, January 24, in a beautiful ceremony at the St. Regis Resort Monarch Beach in Dana Point, California, Us Weekly has confirmed.

The happy couple’s guest list included Bachelor host Chris Harrison, current Bachelor Ben Higgins, season 19 Bachelor Chris Soules, Ali Fedotowsky, Andrew Firestone, Ryan and Trista Sutter, Carly Waddell, Andi Dorfman, Nick Viall, Ivana Bozilovic, Bob Guiney and Jessica Canyon. The romantic celebration will air on ABC on Valentine’s Day.

Four months after getting engaged on the season 2 finale of Bachelor in Paradise

I hate sloppy writing.  They got engaged last June 24th, the last day of filming for BIP2.  That's a 7 month engagement.  The show simply didn't air until September.  Idiots.  

• Love 2

I felt pretty sure that Jade & Tanner would marry but wasn't thinking it would be this soon but each couple, whether from this franchise or from the real world has their own timetable.   My own parents married about the same length of time (six months after meeting).

So best of luck to them and I probably will be tuning in on 2/14 to see the special.  I just hope some of their family and friends made the trip out to California too.

• Love 1

From the pap pictures on the Dailymail site it looks like Jade's bridemaids are all regular folks so that's good and I'm assuming Tanner's groomsmen are the same. Her dress is beautiful too.

JP & Ashley too had the random bachelor/ette guests in the audience so it must be part of the deal: you get this big, beautiful wedding at a 5 star hotel but some people from the franchise you never met will be there too.  And I can't see Jade & Tanner having a problem with that as they both seem all in on the bachelor family.

• Love 2