Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

They didn't exactly spoil anything though. All they did was say they heard some of the women wanted to leave because Nick was supposedly a jerk. We've seen a season where the women ended up hating the lead - Juan Pablo. And the producers couldn't hide how obvious that was by the end. Believe me, I am the first person to agree about RS being a smug, obnoxious tool. But once again, considering his complete and utter dislike of Nick, if there was any truth to this, rather than just dismiss it, he'd go find more details and write about it in some long, self serving smug essay, making sure to mention the details that only HE knows. 

• Love 2
On 1/8/2017 at 3:10 PM, backformore said:

In the grocery line, I glanced at InTouch magazine.   According to an "insider"  the women in the house can't stand Nick, they think he's vain and obnoxious.  anybody read the article?  

Ha. No.  but all the leads of this show are vain.

As far as obnoxious goes, I totally believe ge could be perceived that way.  He doesnt seem to play by the normal rules of this show's universe.  I think that he calls it like he sees it, which can be very offputting to some types of people (especially the pampered  types that flock to this show).  I also think he appreciates boldness, as seen in Andi, Kaitlyn, and Ashley I, which could tick women off too, as they are having to live with the bold (aka rude) people 24/7.  

• Love 1

Nick is on the cover of both US Magazine and Life and Style this week.  US focuses on the women, but Life and Style focusses on Nick and his man-whore ways.  Don't be fooled by the baby drama.  They just say one woman he slept with thinks she "might" be preggo.  

They do make one very interesting statement which is a quote from an insider, "Nick will sleep with any girl who gives him attention."  Now I'm going to play armchair psychologist here, but this really explains Nick for me.  When he was on Andy's season he was a total dork, not considered sexy or attractive by most.  I wonder if, when he asked Andi why she made love with him if she didn't love him was that, way back then, he wasn't very successful with the ladies and he honestly did equate sex/love back then.

Now that he's on appearance #4, he has women throwing themselves at him and he's reacting just like the nerd who never got any before and worries it could stop at anytime.  

• Love 11

When he was on Andy's season he was a total dork, not considered sexy or attractive by most.  I wonder if, when he asked Andi why she made love with him if she didn't love him was that, way back then, he wasn't very successful with the ladies and he honestly did equate sex/love back then.

Except right after the season, in pretty much all his media interviews he stated clearly that he had no issues with casual sex when both people were on the same page. Nick, before Andi's season had been engaged once, in a relationship for 7 years, had another ex-girlfriend who he was still friends with and was his stylist actually for a lot of the suits he wore during Andi's season.

In other words, he'd gotten women before Andi's season (as opposed to Josh who had never had one girlfriend his whole life) and of course Andi took him all the way to the end and slept with him. She can rag on him after all she wanted and hated him for exposing it but she did it anyway, for all the talk of how much she loved Josh. 

I think Ashley I. explained the whole enigma of Nick pretty well. Ashley admitted that like others she didn't like Nick on Andi's season, didn't see it and didn't understand why he made it that far, until she met him and spent time with him. According to her, Nick has an energy and an aura that is extremely sexy when you're around him. A big part of it is he does have a way of seeming like he is completely interested in whatever you're saying (who knows if he's just faking it) and giving you his complete attention. 

So yeah, for some watching at home, they don't get it and maybe they still wouldn't even if they met him. But I think the idea of Nick as this poor loser who never had attention from females until he got on the show and now is just going crazy because of it, may be slightly exaggerated.  

I mean yeah, I'm sure like many of these people who've been on the show, he gets far more female attention now than before he came on the show but I don't buy this idea that he's so happy any woman is into him now that he'll just sleep with any who gives him even the slightest bit of attention.  YMMV of course. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think Ashley I. explained the whole enigma of Nick pretty well. Ashley admitted that like others she didn't like Nick on Andi's season, didn't see it and didn't understand why he made it that far, until she met him and spent time with him. According to her, Nick has an energy and an aura that is extremely sexy when you're around him.

Since Ashley also thinks Jared is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I'll take her opinion with a big ol' grain of salt :)

• Love 12

I loathe Nick but even I can see that his appeal. Lot of women like douchebags. Shrug.

However, I would never take the word of Ashley Fucking "I" for it since she sucks at everything, including powers of observation.

BTW, I still have yet to see a single epsiode this season. Nick puts me off that bad. It's the first season I am not watching since Dr Stork. Is it any good? Corinne looks like an entertaining trainwreck but I am not sure it will be enuff for me to stomach Nick and his smug chipmunk face, his mumbling lisp, and that huge whiff of Peau of Douche that comes thru the screen.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Since Ashley also thinks Jared is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I'll take her opinion with a big ol' grain of salt :)

Well she didn't say she wanted him for herself, just that it made sense to her why others were attracted to him but fair point. 

Is it any good? 

It's like any other season of the show. But really, I checked out of JoJo's season after episode 2 and I liked her well enough but I just couldn't muster any interest in any of these guys. So really, if Nick is not your cup of tea, then yeah I wouldn't bother since as the lead you can't really escape him.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

So really, if Nick is not your cup of tea, then yeah I wouldn't bother since as the lead you can't really escape him.

Yeah, youre right. :-(

OK, I am going to unfollow this sub and unssubscribe to all my TB podcasts so that I wont be tempted to watch in a moment of weakness. See y'all when The Ette season arrives. Gooo Rachel! Adios amigas.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Now I'm going to play armchair psychologist here, but this really explains Nick for me.  When he was on Andy's season he was a total dork, not considered sexy or attractive by most.  I wonder if, when he asked Andi why she made love with him if she didn't love him was that, way back then, he wasn't very successful with the ladies and he honestly did equate sex/love back then.

I have a different take.  Beyond his general enjoyment of being on TV, Nick strikes me as a serial monogamist type. Very much a "love being in love" kind of guy.  That's usually attributed to women, but there are men like that.  I think that's the energy he gives off, and to some women (especially the immature or young), that's probably enticing because of the veneer of emotional intimacy. But there's a reason he's not married or in a committed relationship, as he's had ample opportunity to be. Even if he ends up marrying his F1 (which I doubt), I don't see it lasting very long.  

• Love 3

Ugh.  Thank god they didnt go with Chase.  He may be a good guy, but he was sooooo dull and inarticulate!

And inarticulate makes for the worst kind of bachelor!

• Love 1

I forgot which magazine it was, and I was in the supermarket express lane, so no time to peek inside, but just saw a tabloid headline that Nick is having a baby, but it's not with his final pick. Da-da-DUM! Anyone see this?

2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I forgot which magazine it was, and I was in the supermarket express lane, so no time to peek inside, but just saw a tabloid headline that Nick is having a baby, but it's not with his final pick. Da-da-DUM! Anyone see this?

It was Life & Style, which means one of their employees completely made it up.

• Love 5
On 1/13/2017 at 6:39 PM, DEL901 said:

Apparently Chase was also offered the Bachelor gig and signed the contract (same as Luke did).

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/chase-mcnary-signed-contract-for-bachelor-lost-to-nick-viall-w459065

I think Chase is the best looking guy in JoJo's season (and that's not saying a whole lot), but I'm glad he didn't get the gig either. JoJo's guys were dull, dull, dull. Nick may very well be a famewhore and most likely break up with his F1 anyway, but I've been a wrong reasons viewer for the Bachelor show (I'm still a little bit right reasons viewer on the B'ette, as the B'ettes have better batting averages, so to speak), so I just want a Bachelor season full of cray cray, and I think Nick is a great guy for that. I have a feeling Chase is going to put me to sleep during those two-hour episodes.

• Love 2

I love how they all keep insisting they're happy and it was all for the best but still feel the need to keep talking about how they could have been the lead. Like who was even interested in Chase enough to even care about this. Shoulda, coulda but you weren't. I mean I get it. It is a testament to how utterly boring and uninteresting these guys were that they picked the two time loser who a bunch of viewers hated instead of any of them (sorry Nick, still love you but it's true). And I'm not surprised because like I said before, I genuinely liked JoJo and yet I checked out of that season by like Episode 2. Because the guys were just all so boring. Not even nutty Chad was enough to keep me entertained.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
On 16/01/2017 at 1:03 AM, truthaboutluv said:

I'm pretty sure they also said Kaitlyn was pregnant too while the season was airing. 

And Andi. She even set the record straight on ATFR. Not sure if JoJo remained unfertilized.

Even 'The Bachelor' Can't Hide From Female Solidarity Forever

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bachelor-nick-viall-female-empowerment_us_587e53b3e4b0aaa36942b92c

Interesting, but I think 3 episodes in is a bit soon to claim a new feminist impact on the franchise. There's always been one scapegoat. When that girl leaves, they turn on another one. One episode of confronting Nick instead of Corrine isn't quite empirical evidence of the tides of feminism turning the franchise. Although I'd be impressed if we found out that they suggested a topless photo shoot, whipped cream, bounce houses, and whatever else Corrine has up her sleeve to multiple women and they all refused to degrade themselves except her.

On 1/14/2017 at 8:48 AM, fib said:

Ugh.  Thank god they didnt go with Chase.  He may be a good guy, but he was sooooo dull and inarticulate!

And inarticulate makes for the worst kind of bachelor!

Yeah but nick mumbles.  I can't even tell what he is saying!!

• Love 3
On 1/8/2017 at 4:30 PM, truthaboutluv said:

And RS really, really does not like Nick. He's pretty much stated that Nick has zero interest in getting married and is doing the show solely for fame. So for him to say the story was bogus, was telling.

I saw a snippet of Nick on some show like ET or whatever.  He said he kept Corinne to see how the other ladies reacted when he ruffled their feathers.  What a dick!  I hate game players and he is just that, playing games.  I knew right then and there he disgusted me.  This show needs a reboot.  Either go with the "I want to be on tv" and have at it or let both sides see everything while it's going on with the dailies etc.  This same-o-same-o formula is not working.  Looks like TAR is the big winner for marriages and Survivor right behind it.

14 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Yeah but nick mumbles.  I can't even tell what he is saying!!

I hate when I have to turn on closed captioning and it's not a BBC show.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I don't know if Nick's explanation about Corinne is actually the truth.  If the producers force him to keep Corinne, I don't think his contract would allow him to disclose that.

Exactly, he ain't going to go and say the producers made me do it. 

Judging by how the producers are making it the Corrine show, she's probably the only one who was giving them a show while they were filming

• Love 1
8 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I don't know if Nick's explanation about Corinne is actually the truth.  If the producers force him to keep Corinne, I don't think his contract would allow him to disclose that.

5 hours ago, gator12 said:

Judging by how the producers are making it the Corrine show, she's probably the only one who was giving them a show while they were filming

Either way a dick move.  Between Chris Harrison trying to sell this shit as real and Nick being Nick - dick move.

• Love 2
On 1/16/2017 at 2:22 PM, slowpoked said:

I think Chase is the best looking guy in JoJo's season (and that's not saying a whole lot), but I'm glad he didn't get the gig either. JoJo's guys were dull, dull, dull. Nick may very well be a famewhore and most likely break up with his F1 anyway, but I've been a wrong reasons viewer for the Bachelor show (I'm still a little bit right reasons viewer on the B'ette, as the B'ettes have better batting averages, so to speak), so I just want a Bachelor season full of cray cray, and I think Nick is a great guy for that. I have a feeling Chase is going to put me to sleep during those two-hour episodes.

Dear Lord that US article says Chase had been dating pundit Tomi Lohren. Bless his heart. He obviously needs the franchise to help him find someone reasonable since he's doing a terrible job on his own. Maybe BiP will work out. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Dear Lord that US article says Chase had been dating pundit Tomi Lohren. Bless his heart. He obviously needs the franchise to help him find someone reasonable since he's doing a terrible job on his own. Maybe BiP will work out. 

I think Chase and Tomi are a sweet couple. I'm glad they found each other! 

21 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Not watching Nick, but that never stopped him before (as in oops, did I just reveal that Josh was F1 after noting someone was recording me?). 

14 hours ago, kalibean said:

Oh dear God, that is frightening. I recall him being extremely laid-back and quiet, that shrieking harpy will steamroll him. Get him on BiP stat! 

Yeah, much as it's clear to most people that Corinne is the producer's pick, not Nick's, he can't come out and say it. 

• Love 1

For all the Vanessa lovers of the world, she is no less a fame whore than the rest. She co-hosted a Canadian talk show and has appeared in two shows, Blue Mountain State and Being Human. Maybe she's not there for the right reason.

• Love 2

Looks like TAR is the big winner for marriages and Survivor right behind it.

I think Big Brother wins actually. Daniele and Dominic from Big Brother 13 is missing from that article. Plus the TAR couples include ones that were already dating when they went on the show. Big Brother couples were strangers like The Bachelor/ette and there's a ton still dating.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Nowhere said:

For all the Vanessa lovers of the world, she is no less a fame whore than the rest. She co-hosted a Canadian talk show and has appeared in two shows, Blue Mountain State and Being Human. Maybe she's not there for the right reason.

Vanessa says that her friend signed her up to the show, she didn't do it herself. She could be lying...or maybe her motives could have changed but I don't think someone having exposure to the media automatically makes them a fame whore. If it were an obvious fact, she would have probably have a job that affords her more time to go out there and market herself for media gigs. She would have probably established herself from the get go for the sake of camera time. I can't defend or deny the sentiment but I do think there is an obvious difference between someone who may be drama because of their emotional investment in the process (see Catherine Giudici from Sean's season) and someone who wants to put on a show for everyone (see Corinne, Courtney, etc.).

On 2017-01-24 at 9:06 PM, kalibean said:

Two people that I find exceptionally annoying...perfect match maybe? lol

11 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Vanessa says that her friend signed her up to the show, she didn't do it herself. She could be lying...or maybe her motives could have changed but I don't think someone having exposure to the media automatically makes them a fame whore. If it were an obvious fact, she would have probably have a job that affords her more time to go out there and market herself for media gigs. She would have probably established herself from the get go for the sake of camera time. I can't defend or deny the sentiment but I do think there is an obvious difference between someone who may be drama because of their emotional investment in the process (see Catherine Giudici from Sean's season) and someone who wants to put on a show for everyone (see Corinne, Courtney, etc.).

I don't mean she's at the Corinne level. I mean that she isn't just a teacher whose friend signed her up for the show. She already has acting experience. Saying that a friend signed her up just means that she wants to make it clear that she's a "right reasons" participant. A lot of them like to blame their friends for signing on to the show. I never believe it. I get what they're trying to do but why even bring it up unless you're really trying to convince everyone that you're not one of the fame whores, then it becomes a situation where the lady doth protest too much. There's no reason to mention who initially typed her name in the online form or licked the stamp (lol as if anybody uses snail mail), or whose idea it was. These shows have a lengthy application process. They think we're dumb enough to believe that a friend can do everything and it's just that simple and then--surprise!--Vanessa gets a call from producers and of course she had no idea in a million years that her name was in the running. Vanessa was involved with the steps she needed to take to get on the show. The contestants should just own it. If she didn't want to be on the show, she wouldn't be there. 

Vanessa may be a teacher but she's also an actress and this show opens doors for a lot of people. Fame whore to me just means you want the tv exposure so you're willing to put yourself in the hands of editors and producers who will make you into whatever they want you to be. It's pretty risky. 

Id be pissed if my friend secretly got access to ton of my personal information and submitted it to a reality show without my knowledge. I'm not sure it's possible for a friend to gather all the info and what friend would be willing to put in the time? 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I don't mean she's at the Corinne level. I mean that she isn't just a teacher whose friend signed her up for the show. She already has acting experience. Saying that a friend signed her up just means that she wants to make it clear that she's a "right reasons" participant. A lot of them like to blame their friends for signing on to the show. I never believe it. I get what they're trying to do but why even bring it up unless you're really trying to convince everyone that you're not one of the fame whores, then it becomes a situation where the lady doth protest too much. There's no reason to mention who initially typed her name in the online form or licked the stamp (lol as if anybody uses snail mail), or whose idea it was. These shows have a lengthy application process. They think we're dumb enough to believe that a friend can do everything and it's just that simple and then--surprise!--Vanessa gets a call from producers and of course she had no idea in a million years that her name was in the running. Vanessa was involved with the steps she needed to take to get on the show. The contestants should just own it. If she didn't want to be on the show, she wouldn't be there. 

Vanessa may be a teacher but she's also an actress and this show opens doors for a lot of people. Fame whore to me just means you want the tv exposure so you're willing to put yourself in the hands of editors and producers who will make you into whatever they want you to be. It's pretty risky. 

Id be pissed if my friend secretly got access to ton of my personal information and submitted it to a reality show without my knowledge. I'm not sure it's possible for a friend to gather all the info and what friend would be willing to put in the time? 

I'm tired of the "my friend signed me up" excuse too. Yes, they can sign you up, but that's the extent of what they can do. You can always end the call when The Bachelor comes calling if you really have no interest in doing the show. Not to mention the very lengthy application process everyone goes through - Courtney said something along the lines of 100+ pages of questions, psychological and STD testing, multiple interviews and screenshots, etc. The process is long enough that there is always a period where a contestant can back off anytime. It's not like your friend can just sign you up and you just magically end up on a limo to the Bachelor Mansion on night one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

Vanessa was involved with the steps she needed to take to get on the show. The contestants should just own it. If she didn't want to be on the show, she wouldn't be there. 

32 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

You can always end the call when The Bachelor comes calling if you really have no interest in doing the show.

Except Vanessa never said she didn't want to be on the show and that she didn't completely willingly choose to be on. Even in her telling Nick that her friend signed her up, she said that her friend asked her who she wanted the lead to be. So clearly she was aware of and part of the process. It almost seems like Vanessa's getting judged like she was trying to pull a fast one on viewers.

"Oh she says she's a teacher but look, she did some entertainment work and was an actress". Okay and none of that was exactly hard to find since a simple YouTube search of her name pulls up clips of the video game television show she hosted, as well as her IMDB profile. But it's not like she showed up in a classroom and volunteered for a day and now says she's a teacher.

She is legitimately a teacher at her school and she had to become certified to do the job, which takes about a year. Not to mention that she likely had to have additional training for working with special needs students. And I remember reading that she does have a degree in either Psychology or Education. And she has regularly been back in that job since filming of the show ended. 

Let's face it, anyone and I mean anyone, choosing to be on this show is a little weird and we can side-eye every last one of them. Because there has to be something a little fame seeking or just plain out there to be willing to put yourself at the mercy of producers and editors to be judged by millions of viewers. .Not to even mention the whole squicky weirdness of dating one man or woman while others are dating him/her. So every person on this show and who has been on this show is side-eye worthy. 

But that said, we have seen people come on the show and truly move on with their lives after. In fact, these comments about Vanessa remind me of Britt and how many were certain she was on the show to further her acting career because she too had done some small roles and she was a waitress in LA, which let's face it, we all know is apparently code for "struggling actress". And yet Britt has since seemingly vanished from the franchise. I mean maybe she is out there trying to be an actress but she's certainly not using the franchise to do it. 

And then you have someone like Nick, who I like. But Nick from Andi's season was a guy who had no entertainment work in his background and was someone with a legitimate career that he was quite good and successful at. And he's since left it behind to yes, kind of be a famewhore. The point being, what someone did in their past is not always necessarily indicative of their motives or what they will do. 

And sometimes people sort of stay in the franchise but still continue living normal lives, like Ashley and JP who both have legitimate careers but apparently are not above doing shows like Marriage Boot Camp. So yes, Vanessa did acting work and maybe she'll do that after this season is over or not. But I haven't gotten the impression she's tried to misrepresent herself on the show. Yes, she said her friend submitted her because maybe her friend really did submit her name and video to the show's application process and then she wholeheartedly agreed to it once the producers were interested. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I don't think anyone is being treated as though their dumb enough to believe that a friend can do the entire initial process. I think you're just being very literal about the comment because you're jaded by the intentions. The show's application is there for public access...anyone can look it up and see that even the initial application requires the participant's signature so not even the first phase of the process could have been done without Vanessa's knowledge (and she never claimed that it was all done behind her back). Saying that her friend signed up her can simply mean that her friend pushed the idea and filled out the questionnaire for her (which is pretty basic information that any good friend or family member would know about you). As for why mention it at all, you're entitled to your opinion but again, I do think it comes across as very jaded, arguing a point based on your own assumptions and not on anything shown on the show that would support your point at this particular moment (unlike obvious tv time grabs that you see from Corinne, Courtney, Olivia, etc.). Maybe I'm more understanding about it because I've had situations where friends have volunteered me for things because they knew I wouldn't do it myself...not because I wasn't interested but because sometimes it's hard to step outside your comfort zone and take the leap to try something that you may fail at.

Also, her TV work was several years ago. Why wait so long to even bother getting your face on TV? It's not like the Bachelor or reality TV in general is some new fad that is now creating the opportunity for her big break. Why not sign up to Big Brother Canada? Amazing Race Canada? What kind of fame whore goes 4-6 years without any TV time and you can't even find a single headshot of her online? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that the information out there is little evidence to support the accusation. It's not like Vanessa just randomly shot some footage in a classroom. She had to actually dedicate her time to become certified and make a conscious decision to teach special ed kids. 

And lastly, can you point to examples of the many doors that this show has ever opened for anyone?? People have certainly tried and they've all failed...unless you think that a spot on Dancing with the Stars and Celebrity Rehab (throw in some random red carpet appearances to events that no big game player attends) is considered 'opened doors'. 

• Love 1

I really don't care. I've lost interest in the topic. You seem to feel pretty strongly about Vanessa though so I'll take your word for it. 

But, yes, reality show producers do think we're a bunch of idiots. 

• Love 4
17 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

In fact, these comments about Vanessa remind me of Britt and how many were certain she was on the show to further her acting career because she too had done some small roles and she was a waitress in LA, which let's face it, we all know is apparently code for "struggling actress". And yet Britt has since seemingly vanished from the franchise. I mean maybe she is out there trying to be an actress but she's certainly not using the franchise to do it. 

It's somewhere in the back of my mind, with no evidence to support it, that Britt did something to piss off someone Bachelor-related.  I thought it was a little fishy that they did the "vote for Britt or Kaitlyn" thing, and even fishier that Kaitlyn won.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I really don't care. I've lost interest in the topic. You seem to feel pretty strongly about Vanessa though so I'll take your word for it. 

But, yes, reality show producers do think we're a bunch of idiots. 

It's not just about Vanessa though. It could apply to any girl who goes on TV for whatever reason. I'm just providing a different perspective from one that you seem to feel very strongly about it. I'm more defending judging the actions of someone as you see them and not based on two lines on their resume. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

And lastly, can you point to examples of the many doors that this show has ever opened for anyone?? People have certainly tried and they've all failed...unless you think that a spot on Dancing with the Stars and Celebrity Rehab (throw in some random red carpet appearances to events that no big game player attends) is considered 'opened doors'. 

Once you're in that Nation (heh, that term still gives me the LOLs), lots of doors open for you. It's not just about more shows, but money-making opportunities that you wouldn't have had if you weren't part of the Nation. Jade/Tanner, Michelle/Cody, Sean/Catherine, Ashley/JP have done Marriage Boot Camp, which according to Sean's own words, pays a ton of money enough that you would feel stupid to turn it down. So yeah, they make these stupid storylines, but heck, it pays well enough. Then there's the notorious Instagram shilling. Jade/Tanner reportedly made $1M alone from that. If both Jade and Tanner just retreated to their normal lives after the show never to be heard from again, I highly doubt they would have made that $1M that fast. Then there are the book deals like the ones that Sean, Andi and Courtney got. I don't think anyone would give Sean a book deal if he was just your regular businessman dude in Texas.

I also think being in the Nation, for some reason, lets you enjoy the limelight longer than other reality TV shows, like say, Amazing Race or Survivor. The Nation has certainly expanded their reach from just being The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, and their people have certainly benefited from it.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

Jade/Tanner, Michelle/Cody, Sean/Catherine, Ashley/JP have done Marriage Boot Camp, which according to Sean's own words, pays a ton of money enough that you would feel stupid to turn it down.

Has anyone ever said how much they actually get paid for Marriage Boot Camp? I'm just curious what price Sean et. al. have put on their dignity.

57 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Has anyone ever said how much they actually get paid for Marriage Boot Camp? I'm just curious what price Sean et. al. have put on their dignity.

I'm curious too, but here is Sean's own words about it. Nothing much to infer, except that it seems to be a huge pile of money, and Marriage Boot Camp will give in to counters to get people on their show:

“No thank you,” I quickly shot back to my manager. I thought that would be the end of it. Later that afternoon, he responded with a suggestion.

“Instead of saying no, why don’t we just come back with a crazy counter offer?” he said. “Let’s just see what they say.”

I thought about it for a moment. I guess it couldn’t hurt. My manager doubled their already generous offer and — to my surprise – the folks at Marriage Boot Camp agreed. So there I was, looking at a substantial amount of money for what would amount to two weeks worth of shooting a reality show.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

IIRC, it's over 100K usually.

$100K for two weeks worth of filming and playing pretend problems (or maybe not so much on some cases) with your spouse?! Heck yeah, sign me up!

• Love 1

Wow, for two weeks worth of shooting? I've watched only a few episodes of Marriage Boot Camp. But I can see why certain people aren't turning it down. The ratings on the show must be good for TPTB to be shelling out that kind of money.

As for Vanessa, I wonder if she's still a teacher. I guess she has the summer to do acting gigs.  I've never bought the "friend signed me up" thing from anyone recently.  Maybe that was the case very early on, but now?  I call BS. In truth, I believe most contestants that make it on are recruited or referred by others connected to the show, whether it's previous contestants, staff, etc.   Not sure if that's Vanessa, but I doubt that it's a coincidence she has some entertainment experience.

I think someone else mentioned that blond Danielle was in a video for some singer? 

3 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

$100K for two weeks worth of filming and playing pretend problems (or maybe not so much on some cases) with your spouse?! Heck yeah, sign me up!

$100k sure is a lot of money, but it still wouldn't be enough for me to air my dirty relationship laundry (even if it's fabricated) on national television and have my participation in that show come up every time someone googles my name. As famewhorish as an appearance on the Bachelor/ette is, it's still possible to come off well, but shows like Marriage Boot Camp are irredeemably trashy IMO.

• Love 1