Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Nick probably also gave his "winner" back the cash he fronted her to bid on him.  *LOL*   To me, he's slimy enough to hire somebody to bid BIG for him. I think he's that desperate to stay relevant in some way.  

Actually it's been reported by several people including Ashley I. that the woman who bid for Nick was originally bidding for Michael Garofola, but lost (he went for 5,300), so she bid for Nick. Nick also managed to raise 10k for his and Shawn's Movember team last year. I guess he's just good at raising money for charity. 

Sorry Ashley, but your under-boob tatted sister is always going to just be some guy's convenient side piece.  Chris has got way too much money and way too many opportunities to bag better women.  Though I do agree with Ashley that it was a one-time thing.  

I wonder if she'll be back on BIP3 this season.  They should probably have some every year that return for a 2nd time.  As long as they leave Jared out.  I don't want to see them back in their neverending circle of a boring friendship.

But now we know that the game for every new main season is going to be "Spot who's going on BIP".  

• Love 1

Thank goodness the new "Dancing with the Stars" cast is presumably missing the boring Ben in their new lineup.  And I hope there won't be any surprise "drop in" of him, because all the pros are accounted for and there's no tease about anybody that hasn't been announced yet.  

I see a DWTS slot as a reward for a good lead, and I don't think Ben was that.  He & his new fiancee can just head back to Denver and bore each other to death.  

• Love 1

Thank goodness the new "Dancing with the Stars" cast is presumably missing the boring Ben in their new lineup.  And I hope there won't be any surprise "drop in" of him, because all the pros are accounted for and there's no tease about anybody that hasn't been announced yet.

But they only announced 12 names.  Don't they usually have 13 contestants?  I just thought that they hadn't added Ben to the list as yet because the show isn't actually over as far as viewers are concerned.

(edited)

People has the details of Jubilee's story.  It really is horrifically sad that so much awful stuff happened to one little girl. http://www.people.com/article/bachelor-jubilee-sharpe-reveals-what-really-happened-her-family

"My dad came to Haiti to do relief work and he showed up to the orphanage and [wanted to adopt me]. He tried to adopt my sister, but after they went through the medical process, they found out she had an incurable disease and wasn't able to be adopted."

Regarding the bolded part...WHY??? They were coming to the US, maybe they could have gotten her some medical help. That is one of the most horrible things I ever heard.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1

Regarding the bolded part...WHY??? They were coming to the US, maybe they could have gotten her some medical help. That is one of the most horrible things I ever heard.

I don't have any first-hand information about that particular situation, but as an immigrant to the US I know that there is rigorous physical screening and if you have a contagious disease, you can't immigrate. (I had a false positive TB skin test, and had to do both a blood test and a chest x-ray to prove that I did't have TB.) In the article, Jubilee said that their grandmother had leprosy - maybe her sister had it too?

• Love 2

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bachelor-bens-mom-tearfully-tells-him-her-pick-finale-clip-w166896

Well, this clip is certainly going to make things a little awkward if he doesn't pick JoJo.  But now we know where Ben gets his can't-stop-flapping-his-gums tendencies.  Mom comes off like a real prize.  

She never had to choose sides.  She could have just said they were both lovely girls and that Ben knew them better than she did.  They can't FORCE anybody to say a name on camera, so obviously mom wanted it known on national TV.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

Lauren H was on the local (Detroit area) news tonight. Among other things, she said she wouldn't go on TB again, but she WOULD be interested in Bachelor in Paradise. My favorite bachelorette just fell off her pedestal.

• Love 1

Lauren H was on the local (Detroit area) news tonight. Among other things, she said she wouldn't go on TB again, but she WOULD be interested in Bachelor in Paradise. My favorite bachelorette just fell off her pedestal.

I wouldn't be too hard on her. I'm sure her (and probably others) were influenced by Jade and Tanner doing so well. 

• Love 3

I wouldn't be too hard on her. I'm sure her (and probably others) were influenced by Jade and Tanner doing so well. 

I agree, lots of people that probably would have said "no" are going to say "yes" to Paradise this time around after seeing Jade & Tanner beautiful wedding.  

• Love 1

Plus on BIP, there are multiple men/women, and people can swap mates, if that's what they want to do. There's no pressure of a two-on-one date, and if someone gets a date card, they can chose whomever to go with them, IF that choice is acceptable to the mob. I mean, other contestants. It's a week or two (MOL) in Mexico, even if the accommodations aren't exactly the Hilton. Plus, there's 15 more minutes of D-list fame for each one.

• Love 1

The mysterious Chad:

Ex boyfriendThen as usual, wherever there is a hot girl, there is an ex boyfriend that we need to investigate. Joelle’s ex is 38-year-old Chad Rookstool owner of Chad Rookstool Salon in Dallas. Chad looks very Christian Btw, because he is really in to Joel Olsteen on Twitter.

And do you remember the reality show on Bravo called Dallas Most Eligible? It looks like Chad was at least up for a spot since people were voting for him to be in the top 10 and he is pals with stars of the show like Matt Nordgren.

Chad is dog sitting for JoJo while she stars on The Bachelor.

Chad sounds bitter and angry, but I have no trouble believing she dumped him twice to be on TV, because that fits my over all impression of JoJo.  Every moment she was on screen seemed like acting to me.  I even expect  that the reason she was, "the first one to come and comfort" Ben was because she knew that's where the cameras would be.  Probably her brother had coached her.

Every time I type her little baby-talk name I have trouble with my shift key.  One more reason not to watch her season.

• Love 6

I even expect  that the reason she was, "the first one to come and comfort" Ben was because she knew that's where the cameras would be.

It's interesting how Jubilee got accused for the one time she tried to comfort him with a massage, saying she did it for strategic reasons, but no one says the same about beloved JoJo in all of the countless times she made sure she was right there for him (and the cameras).

I agree with the ex that she wasn't in love with him. She was in love with the idea of being Bachelorette. Which, good for her, her little game worked.

• Love 5

Every time I type her little baby-talk name I have trouble with my shift key.  One more reason not to watch her season.

You had better watch the season, Missy Judy!  (Or we could call you "JuJu".)  Who will I have to agree with otherwise?  Are you gonna let me spin in the wind while everyone talks about hot and classy she is?  I have a pool with a couple of people at work regarding how many different guys she wraps her legs around!  Please join me.

Edited by WhoAmIReally
  • Love 5

You had better watch the season, Missy Judy!  (Or we could call you "JuJu".)  Who will I have to agree with otherwise?  Are you gonna let me spin in the wind while everyone talks about hot and classy she is?  I have a pool with a couple of people at work regarding how many different guys she wraps her legs around!  Please join me.

Raises hand! Although it would be more fun to agree with both you AND JuJu :)
  • Love 2

LOL at that second article. Lauren's ex-boyfriend is sure her "dark past" will break them up. 

Her deep dark past? Is this:

An insider close to Lauren’s ex-boyfriend, Sean Evans, also shared some of what her dark past looked like.

“When Lauren was with Sean, she would lay by the pool every day taking shots and downing mixed drinks. Then she’d continue to drink all night.”

Apparently, the partying and drinking got out of control one night in April 2015, when she was arrested for public intoxication at the Stagecoach Country Music Festival in Indio, California.

“It was embarrassing to be around her when she was drunk because she’d turn into a mess,” the insider added. “She’d have these drunken crying fits in public places — she’s way too emotional.”

According to OK! Magazine, the source also painted Lauren as a “super needy and very obsessive” person whose goal in life is to be the “perfect housewife,” adding that she’s “never had any desire to be successful or have a thriving career.”

The insider claims that when Ben Higgins finds out about Lauren’s dark past, he will be “devastated,” especially considering his fear that some of the women on the show weren’t always being open and honest with him.

A woman who cries too much/gets too emotional when drinking? Such a rarity... Also, public intoxication at an outdoor festival?? SHOCKING! 

As for the career and life goals stuff? A. sounds like sour grapes from someone B. even if it were true that she wants to be a "perfect housewife" and isn't interested in career success, so what? It's a perfectly valid choice. 

• Love 6
As for the career and life goals stuff? A. sounds like sour grapes from someone B. even if it were true that she wants to be a "perfect housewife" and isn't interested in career success, so what? It's a perfectly valid choice.

Plus, the drift I got from Ben is that is what he wants his "perfect wife" to be.

A "dark past" indeed. It's the rare person who doesn't share Lauren's dark past these days.

Yes, all that dark past says to me is that Lauren was nineteen once.

Saw this image of a past contestant desperately flaunting it on the beach last weekend.  Any guesses?  (Hint:  She was evil.)

courtney-robertson-bikini-photos-19-480w

I'm guessing Courtney, too, and my one thought is  -- how does she ever get guys with elbows like that?  ;)

I'm guessing Courtney, too, and my one thought is  -- how does she ever get guys with elbows like that?

Too hilarious, JuJu, because who (besides you!) is looking at elbows?

I also vote Courtney. Although I guess it could be any dark-haired b-ette. There haven't been that many, unless all the blonds finally let their roots grow out. Then there would be a ton!

I just saw a preview for a new season of Marriage Boot Camp  - Sean and Catherine were on last season.

THis time it's Michelle and Cody.  I don't know which seasons they were from, but it looks like their relationship is not going well.

Oh -   and just because they call it MARRIAGE boot camp, I don't assume that they are married.  Half the couples last time were not married.

It's a term of endearment for one of my favorite posters on this forum. Of course, continuing is up to JudyO. I'll bow to her wishes.

Haha...or we can call her JuJu until she tells us to STFU :) Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1