Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

I understand it was hurtful the way some of the girls talked behind her back (I'm looking at you in particular, Vegas twins), but I really wish Olivia could have looked at it more like "You're doing everything you can to insult my looks and all you can come up with is ugly toes and cankles?  And then you throw in a juvenile "bad breath" comment?  Wow, I must be pretty damn hot!"

Edited by ByTor

The pair, however, was not alone. They were surrounded by several friends from the reality dating franchise including Chris Harrison, Nick Viall, Samantha Steffen and Ashley Iaconnetti. Still, Soules appeared to stay especially close to Stanton based on his Snapchat videos.

Ooh - sounds like a fun group! Wish I was there! (ha)

• Love 1

Amanda would never move to Kansas!  She is a sophisticated CA women who has to stay close to her ex as they share custody.  You are wasting your time Chris.  Look for women locally who already love it where you are.  There must be at least 3, right?  2 with good teeth and decent grammar anyway.  

I am a terrible person.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Amanda would never move to Kansas!  She is a sophisticated CA women who has to stay close to her ex as they share custody.  You are wasting your time Chris.  Look for women locally who already love it where you are.  There must be at least 3, right?  2 with good teeth and decent grammar anyway.  

I am a terrible person.  

Hey, Kansas and Iowa aren't the same thing. They're...both flat...and farm-covered...and boring. Nevermind. :) (I live in Iowa, so I can say these things)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Canada said:

I don't know if sophisticated is a word that I would use to describe Amanda.  She always looked really cheap to me.

I thought she looked cheap at first, too.  When I saw her through the eyes of Sharleen in her blog I saw something different.  http://www.alltheprettypandas.com/bachelorette12/

Her clothes are the first clue.  She was Sharleen's best dressed for that season.  She dressed her daughters beautifully as she did herself.  Her clothes were not cheap. This is not a shallow observation, book covers to say a lot about what is inside.  Sharleen also noted the way she conducted herself.  

From Reality Blurred:

The Bachelor season 20 star Ben Higgins is considering running for elected office in Colorado. Specifically, he’s considering running as a Republican for the Colorado House of Representatives, representing district four, which includes part of Denver.

While the Republican Party has already nominated a candidate, that person, Willie Pinkston, told The Colorado Independent that if Ben is interested, “I definitely plan on stepping aside. I’d be happy to,” in part because he thinks Ben is “likely the only other Republican who can win.”

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/06/bachelor-ben-higgins-future-politician/

Posting this here and in the BiP media thread--just saw a preview for Million Dollar Matchmaker and think I saw Ashley I as a client!  Is it true?  It was a quick flash, but on rewind, it sure looks like her.  I may have to watch now!

(edited)

Yeah this will end well - Ben and Lauren doing a reality show about their lives. First of all, I cannot believe that a producer actually thinks Ben and Lauren are interesting enough to warrant and sustain a reality show. And this is actually going to be on a legitimate network that people watch. That said, has any couple ever had a positive experience putting their relationship and private life on display?

Yeah I get that they met on a reality show but the couples who make it are the ones who went off after the show, back to real life and away from the cameras. Good luck to them I guess. Gee, how bitter do you think Kaitlyn and busted up Alf are that they were probably never even offered this. Since I'm sure they think they're far more interesting - what with the drinking, partying, sex on planes, etc. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

I read a blind awhile back on "Crazy Days and Nights" that was revealed to be Ben and his desperation to be on TV again.   Guess his hard work paid off and he's taking his relationship to the next level to TV 24/7!  So yeah, good luck with that.  And agree, Kaitlyn & Shawn would be soooo much more interesting. 

• Love 1

And agree, Kaitlyn & Shawn would be soooo much more interesting. 

I have no more interest in these idiots than I do bland and blander. But I guess for the trainwreck factor then yeah, they'd be more "interesting". But I'm not sure that's a good thing.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow that was fast. I barely knew he'd confirmed running before he apparently wasn't anymore. If it is some big secret/scandal, must be pretty bad if he feels like he can't win against the guy who just got arrested for drunk driving. 

eta: Congrats to Whitney. Always thought she was too good for dullard Farmer Chris. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
On 7/22/2016 at 10:33 AM, truthaboutluv said:

Wow that was fast. I barely knew he'd confirmed running before he apparently wasn't anymore. If it is some big secret/scandal, must be pretty bad if he feels like he can't win against the guy who just got arrested for drunk driving. 

From RS - apparently, ABC blocked Ben from running for office, and threatened to take his TB money and not pay for his wedding.

3 hours ago, slowpoked said:

From RS - apparently, ABC blocked Ben from running for office, and threatened to take his TB money and not pay for his wedding.

Does the show really make their leads sign contracts preventing them from running for public office after the show? And even if they do, would such a contract be legally enforceable?

(edited)

Supposedly for the first year of being the reigning Bachelor or Bachelorette, you have to be at the instant beck and call of ABC and it's minions.  That, I think, is written in the contract, and Ben running for office could prevent with that.  

When you famewhore for a living, you have to choose your master carefully.  Ben already chose the show, so he has to wait to transfer allegiance until his contract expires. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

Ah, so if it's just for a year, that's not too bad, considering that he got paid six figures to be the lead and he and Lauren will be paid a similar sum and have the wedding comped if they agree to have it on TV. He can run for office after the year is up.

30 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Supposedly for the first year of being the reigning Bachelor or Bachelorette, you have to be at the instant beck and call of ABC and it's minions.  That, I think, is written in the contract, and Ben running for office could prevent with that.  

Unless TPTB don't want anything to do with you - i.e., Ben & Courtney and Juan Pablo & Nikki. Then you can go live your own life and they won't give a shit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Supposedly for the first year of being the reigning Bachelor or Bachelorette, you have to be at the instant beck and call of ABC and it's minions.  That, I think, is written in the contract, and Ben running for office could prevent that.  

When you famewhore for a living, you have to choose your master carefully.  Ben already chose the show, so he has to wait to transfer allegiance until his contract expires. 

So, Lauren Bushnell is a "former flight attendant" now. I read an article where she says she has not worked since the show. She is trying to find her passion. She is starting a blog. She likes decorating. Lord. In other words, she will be trying to cash in with her little reality show with Ben and then collecting a paycheck when the network airs their wedding. Is Ben working??

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Pickles said:

She is starting a blog. She likes decorating. Lord. In other words, she will be trying to cash in with her little reality show with Ben and then collecting a paycheck when the network airs their wedding.

Also trying to get paid for shilling stuff on Instagram.

Am I the only person who didn't know that Britt was in the Daniel Powter music video Cupid? I just watched it for the first time, and I was like, wait, is that Britt? I'll be danged, yes it is. I wonder if she was in anything else. Her IMDb doesn't show any credits other than herself.

Edited by gingerandcloves
8 hours ago, chocolatine said:

You're not. I don't even know who Daniel Powter is, let alone that Britt was in his video. :)

LOL. Daniel Powter is best known for his song Bad Day, which was a huge hit about 10 years ago. I just decided to randomly watch another video of his and came across Britt. Both the song and video are pretty mediocre.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

LOL. Daniel Powter is best known for his song Bad Day, which was a huge hit about 10 years ago. I just decided to randomly watch another video of his and came across Britt. Both the song and video are pretty mediocre.

Oh, that guy. I remember the song, just not the artist. One of many one-hit wonders.

• Love 1

The first seasons of The Bachelor and Bachelorette are now available to stream on ABC's website/app!

I didn't get into the franchise until several seasons later so I'm excited to watch these OG seasons and see what the show was like in its primitive years.

• Love 5

Ben and Lauren had bachelorette/bachelor parties in Vegas. Yet they have no wedding date planned. I guess the show needed it for a plot line.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/ben-higgins-lauren-bushnell-celebrate-joint-bachelor-bachelorette-party-w443834

http://www.etonline.com/news/199836_ben_higgins_and_lauren_bushnell_celebrate_their_bachelor_and_bachelorette_parties_las_vegas/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3827560/Ben-Higgins-Lauren-Bushnell-joint-Bachelor-Bachelorette-bash-Vegas-despite-saying-no-rush-wed.html

They were joined by several of their Bachelor Nation costars: Ashley Iaconetti, Jared Haibon, JJ Lane, twin sisters Haley and Emily Ferguson, Tanner Tolbert and Amanda Stanton.  No Josh Murray.