Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelor in the Media

• Start Topic

Wow, that was fast!!! She looks like she's at least five months along in the picture, maybe even six. Did she know her fiancé before, or did she just meet him after she finished BIP? Which was in June/July 2015, right?

Wow, that was fast!!! She looks like she's at least five months along in the picture, maybe even six. Did she know her fiancé before, or did she just meet him after she finished BIP? Which was in June/July 2015, right?

I believe he was her boyfriend during college and then they got back together immediately after BIP finished filming, so around June last year. 

• Love 1

I believe he was her boyfriend during college and then they got back together immediately after BIP finished filming, so around June last year. 

OK, that's a little less irresponsible than getting knocked up by a guy she'd just met.

• Love 1

Happy for her.  I always really liked Ashley S and the role she played so well.

Reading the comments at the bottom of that article make me think that People magazine readers are quite sad.

• Love 1

If they weren't at that wedding, there must have been a damn good reason.  Those 2 would go to the opening of an envelope. Maybe Kat is having a violently vomiting time, even though she should be past it by now.  I'm looking forward to this special.  

• Love 4

If they weren't at that wedding, there must have been a damn good reason.  Those 2 would go to the opening of an envelope. Maybe Kat is having a violently vomiting time, even though she should be past it by now.  I'm looking forward to this special.  

Oh, I wasn't talking about their absence at the wedding.  I was talking about the fact that no one on here even mentioned the pregnancy after it was announced back in December.

• Love 2

The fact that the woman was bipolar, however, makes The Bachelor seem excessively cruel. They like getting people on the show for the "crazy" edit (which of course she didn't get since she was sent home the 1st night), but now that there's proof of an actual psychological illness, it makes me wonder how many others are suffering from one, with TPTB using that for "entertainment".

• Love 1

I've heard for years that the psych evaluations are used to find people who will fill certain rolls.  In the case of The Bachelor, the producers want a few who will go far, prospective mates that the Bachelor/Bachelorette have indicated a preference for.  Then there are the rest of the cast. 

People with a good backstory, wierd job, hobby, idiosyncrasies, strong religious or political views, etc.  Extra points if they're able to be manipulated to do something outrageous just in time to give the lead a reason to get rid of them.

Pure cannon fodder, whose only role is to be there hiding in the background until it's time for them to go.  Extra points if they're able to be manipulated to do something outrageous just in time to give the lead a reason to get rid of them.

The 'crazies' who are actually a huge part of the whole season.  They may or may not really belive they're going to make it to the end, but they will stir up trouble and controversy all the way.

There are a lot of people involved in choosing the cast.  The person doing the psychological evaluations only sees the people who are in the last round of consideration.  It's their job to weed out the truly unstable, but I've heard that most of the evaluations are by phone and if you get someone on their good day they might come off as being OK. 

I wonder if any self respecting psychologist would agree to vett contestants on a reality show these days, knowing what the producers are really going for.  Especially since they're not given any information about a contestant before the interview.  A 20 minute interview ususally can't expose someone with a severe psychological problem unless that person is in a full meltdown mode at the time of the interview.  Even if a person is fine during filming, that doesn't mean that they won't develop a problem later on.

That being said, I wonder if there were any circumstances where I would consent to going on a reality show.  The payout on so many levels is bad.  I couldn't present myself in a good light for very long.  I'd soon succumb to an emotional outburst due to drinking too much, not enough sleep, not enough decent food to eat, sharing a bathroom with 20 other women, or sharing a bed with someone I just met, etc.  The terror of farting, burping, or being caught on camera picking my nose would have me opting out on the first night.

Gasket story about the Bachelor charity date auction last weekend: http://gawker.com/you-could-fuck-a-guy-from-the-bachelor-for-5600-1759174824

Someone paid over $5,000 for a "fantasy suite" date with Nick V. What a world.

Gawker is blocked at work so I can't read. 

Is it the same info as the Cosmo article:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a53666/bachelorette-20th-anniversary-valentines-day-screening-party/

And that's crazy that Janner can make $1 million dollars on "selling" stuff on their social media accounts.  For someone that works two jobs to pay the bills, I truly support that as more power to those that can find a way to make lots of money pretty easily.    I wish I could!

Read both articles there was no fantasy suite involved and someone paid $5,300 for a date with Michael G. from the same event. 

from the article: 

"Eventually, the war came down to the ringleader and another woman who was obscured from our view by the crowd. With a shit-eating grin on his face, Nick V. watched the two bid all the way up to $5000, and then he whispered something in Jared’s ear.

“Nick wants me to tell you that whoever wins this will get Fantasy Suite time with him!” Jared yelled. The ringleader’s friends yelped uncontrollably next to us. “DO IT!!!” they implored her.

On The Bachelor, “Fantasy Suite time” means fucking.

“Also, I’ve seen him naked, and I know, Nick has an 11-inch penis!” Jared added.

We didn’t have time to consider the curiousness of this statement. KK and I grabbed each other’s hands. The ringleader bid $5300. Then the other woman bid $5600."

So, we don't really KNOW if it was a fantasy Suite date or not.  but the comments made imply that she was paying for more than dinner. 

successful bidders would get a 30-minute “one-on-one date” with the their chosen Bachelor in the VIP section after the event.

There was no date outside of the time spent at the venue.  The "Fantasy Suite" comment was absolutely a joke.  The VIP section was just a back roped-off area with couches. 

I'd imagine most of the guys were well toasted and mouthing off to get the bidding higher.  I'd guarantee that not a single woman that night got more than a kiss on the cheek from whomever she rented.  

• Love 2

I understood she didn't make it past the first night on Jake's season. Not sure how she qualifies as an 'alum'.

The mere fact that she appeared as a contestant makes her an "alum". Sure, being rejected on the first night means we all had to look her up to remember who she was, but I don't think that constitutes a massive stretch of the meaning of the word "alum". 

• Love 2

I liked Kupah. Like any other contestants I favor, I rationalize that the assholiness was caused by hunger, lack of sleep, and copious amounts of booze. Except for Ian who seems pretty sober. But anyone who could be so righteously indignant about fart and poop joke on TV is always a winner. Plus, they didn't kiss Kaitlin's ass, so that's more brownie points. Well, except when Ian apologized, but maybe they paid him.

• Love 2

Paul Lee, the guy that said this in "Variety" on January 9th.....

Critics and fans have been highly vocal of the lack of diverse leads, namely a black “Bachelor,” but on Saturday at the Television Critics Association, ABC boss Paul Lee teased a change may come in the franchise’s next season.

SEE MORE:‘The Bachelor’: ABC Exec Talks Why the Franchise is So Successful

“We’re doing a whole lot of tweaks,” Lee told reporters after his executive session at the Pasadena, Calif. press tour. “We have the farm team, right, which allows us to then pick the next one. But I’d be very surprised if ‘The Bachelorette’ in the summer isn’t diverse. I think that’s likely … The tweaks that Mike Fleiss has put in place will get us where we want to go.”

Now....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/abc-chief-paul-lee-forced-866736

Interesting.  

Ridiculous

I don't watch this show but Ben F a former bachelor is Yelp San Francisco's new CM.

This is kinda strange since its their most important city (where it was founded) and even tho he's elite he only has 94 reviews and hasn't been on long. It's kinda seen as a job for kids and hustlers and pays @30 a yr.

Ridiculous

I don't watch this show but Ben F a former bachelor is Yelp San Francisco's new CM.

This is kinda strange since its their most important city (where it was founded) and even tho he's elite he only has 94 reviews and hasn't been on long. It's kinda seen as a job for kids and hustlers and pays @30 a yr.

Ben Flapjack? Sorry , but Yelp sucks. My optometrist got hit with poor reviews which hurt business, and he's a phenomenal doctor in business for 3 decades. Yep, 30k seems about right.

• Love 1

I cried when I read Jade's blog yesterday about her being raped as a teenager and now see that People Magazine is covering the story:

http://www.people.com/article/jade-roper-sexually-assaulted

Hopefully she truly is on the road to recovery and is enjoying being married to Tanner.    And what she had to say on paradise when she said that Tanner was the first guy that made her feel whole now makes alot more sense.   

• Love 1

That little blurb is a beautiful setup for Caila.  It totally establishes that while Lauren & JoJo are still battling it out for Ben's heart, brave little Caila is mending just fine and will be ready to find her prince in about 2 weeks!  *LOL*

• Love 3

There was no date outside of the time spent at the venue.  The "Fantasy Suite" comment was absolutely a joke.  The VIP section was just a back roped-off area with couches. 

I'd imagine most of the guys were well toasted and mouthing off to get the bidding higher.  I'd guarantee that not a single woman that night got more than a kiss on the cheek from whomever she rented.  

This was confirmed on this week's Bachelor Afterbuzz podcast. Ashley I. was a guest and said that the "dates" were spending some private time in the back area of the event area for about 45 minutes. Ashley thinks that Nick gave his auction winner his phone number, but didn't know anything beyond that.

• Love 1

Nick probably also gave his "winner" back the cash he fronted her to bid on him.  *LOL*   To me, he's slimy enough to hire somebody to bid BIG for him. I think he's that desperate to stay relevant in some way.  

• Love 1

Nick probably also gave his "winner" back the cash he fronted her to bid on him.  *LOL*   To me, he's slimy enough to hire somebody to bid BIG for him. I think he's that desperate to stay relevant in some way.  

If you hear him on podcasts, he's actually quite funny and endearing... and I really despised him while he was on Bachelorette.

• Love 3