Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Anything with cancer kids participating in normal rites of passage (i.e., not being denied their typical milestones because of illness) make the room get really chopped-onion-like. And I do love how happy they both looked when they left the house. 

• Love 3

I don't find it unreasonable. I have five cats, but the same one always gets used for those websites where you're required to pick from a(n always terrible) set list of security questions. He's The Favorite (but don't tell the other four).

For some reason, there were always  kids, even  7th graders although 4th grade was more common, who would ask if they were my favorite.  I'd always whisper loudly, "Yes, but don't tell the others."  Then it would start going around the room, and more would come and ask.  One way to relieve the tedium of prepositional phrases day.

• Love 2

spaceghostess, I remember the I love NY ads, I lived in WDC at the time. But my favorite were the ads for Florida, showing people shoveling, pushing cars out of snow plow covered parking place, little kid falling in snow, "I need it bad".

And of current ads, I think it's for Cheerios, with dad and daughter bantering over who will win their golf match. Miss that with my father so much. To me, if you have a parent you can banter with, do it, every chance you get, it's a sign of love.

Edited by friendperidot
  • Love 2

For some reason, there were always kids, even 7th graders although 4th grade was more common, who would ask if they were my favorite. I'd always whisper loudly, "Yes, but don't tell the others." Then it would start going around the room, and more would come and ask. One way to relieve the tedium of prepositional phrases day.

I got ornaments for my kids for Xmas a few years ago, my daughter's said "The first born is always mom's favorite" and my son's said "The baby is always mom's favorite".

They are the first ones they hang on their trees every year.

• Love 4
And of current ads, I think it's for Cheerios, with dad and daughter bantering over who will win their golf match. Miss that with my father so much. To me, if you have a parent you can banter with, do it, every chance you get, it's a sign of love.

I love this one, too (although I am pretty sure it's for Raisin Bran). I like way they banter (it is similar to how my dad relates to us), but I also like that the topic of the banter is that they are relatively evenly matched at a sport of some sort. Too often, dads bond with sons over physical activities in commercials, but they don't bond with their daughters in the same manner even though real life is full of dads and daughters who love sports together.

• Love 6

The Rashida Jones/Peggy Lipton Verizon commercials are made of charm.

Thank you for putting that out here. I have seen those commercials and kept wondering who Rashida was and who was playing her mom. Peggy is just a very nice looking woman. Have not seen her since Twin Peaks.

• Love 2

Thank you for putting that out here. I have seen those commercials and kept wondering who Rashida was and who was playing her mom. Peggy is just a very nice looking woman. Have not seen her since Twin Peaks.

Peggy Lipton is Rashida's real Mom, and Quincy Jones is her Dad.

• Love 3

I kind of like the Folgers commercials...the one with the couple moving in and unpacking and Grandma holding the little grandchild and talking to him about Christmas when his daddy was a little boy.  They are gentle and sweet, in my opinion.  And you also know exactly what they are advertising!

• Love 3

I'm loving all of the Campbell's real real life commercials but my new favorite is the one with the approaching storm. Mom buys a bunch of soup and grabs a bottle of wine on the way to the check-stand.

I told my husband that truly real would be if she doubled back to grab more wine the way she'd grabbed more soup after putting the first few cans in the cart.

• Love 1

I know a lot of people hate the Peter Pan GEICO ad, but I love it -- precisely because Peter Pan's such a douchebag. It makes me laugh every time.

I think it's hilarious - it's my favorite commercial of the year.  The casting for Peter Pan should win a prize, that kid is the perfect blend of comical and douchey.

• Love 2

My husband graduated in 71. But my point is none of them look like they're in their late 70s.

That's because they're in their late 60s.  I graduated in '67 and I'm currently 66. That would make those folks two years older than I am and they look it.  And asshat Peter says she doesn't look a day over 70 because she isn't and he is an asshat.

• Love 6

And no way are the actors in that commercial old enough to have graduated in 1965. 75 maybe.

HEY!  ('75 grad here.)

Nevermind. I can't do math anymore. Lol. And yes, Peter is an asshat. Little prick.

Well, ok then.

• Love 5

I love that!  I'm cat sitting at my parents' house, and when I mentioned to my mom over the phone that I needed to do laundry here she said there were sheets in the dryer I'd have to fold, saying, "Just do your best and shove it in the linen closet," because she's the only person I know who can actually fold one of those damn things and have it look neat.  She's tried to walk me through it several times, and I just have some sort of congenital defect that prevents me from getting it.  I groaned, "Why did it have to be sheets?  I'd rather fold every towel you own than a fitted sheet."

• Love 9

I love that! I'm cat sitting at my parents' house, and when I mentioned to my mom over the phone that I needed to do laundry here she said there were sheets in the dryer I'd have to fold, saying, "Just do your best and shove it in the linen closet," because she's the only person I know who can actually fold one of those damn things and have it look neat. She's tried to walk me through it several times, and I just have some sort of congenital defect that prevents me from getting it. I groaned, "Why did it have to be sheets? I'd rather fold every towel you own than a fitted sheet."

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I even looked up YouTube videos, and I still can't do it--my arms are too short. :(

ETA: Bastet, I initially misread the first line as "I'm a cat sitting at my parents' house..." :)

Edited by smittykins
  • Love 2

I don't know who voices the Home Depot commercials, but they're my favorite because that voice is just so dang pleasant that I don't even notice that they're trying to advertise something at me. Yes, whoever you are, let's wallpaper my fridge and paint my kitchen sink, or whatever the Hell you're talking about. I'm there.

Also any commercial featuring Terry Crews is automatically at least decent because Terry Crews is a delight.

Edited by BabyVegas
  • Love 8

I don't know who voices the Home Depot commercials, but they're my favorite because that voice is just so dang pleasant that I don't even notice that they're trying to advertise something at me. Yes, whoever you are, let's wallpaper my fridge and paint my kitchen sink, or whatever the Hell you're talking about. I'm there.

It's either Ed Harris or Josh Lucas.

• Love 1