Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

Well, if you had to have a "Groundhog Day", you could do worse than a Christmas you got a new Acura.

The message I get from Acura and Mazda is that men can't wait to get into their cars and just drive away.

• Love 3

I like the Campbell's Chicken Soup ad. The man is sick on the sofa, saying when he was little and sick that his mom would make chicken soup for him. His wife tosses him the phone and tells him to call his mother.

Although, I am noticing a trend in commercials toward obnoxious women. I feel sorry for some of these guys.

• Love 4

Me too.  I mean f that guy is legit sick, would it kill her to open a damn can of soup and nuke it for him? I'm sure she'd be a  total shrew if she was sick and her pulled that stunt on her.

She's probably getting back at him for eating her yogurt.  That may be why he's sick in the first place - eating that Yoplait crap.

But if he had ice cream flowing out of his fly...

Edited by Prevailing Wind
  • Love 6

LMAO!

"Are you taking a Zumba class?"

I love it. It took me a few watchings to notice all the (probably CGI) squirrels running around outside. lol

OH my gosh, I just found the other "momversations" at the end of that video, lololol.

• Love 6

The cheapness of this commercial is killing me!  In the end, is Grandma riding a skateboard or a hand towel?

This animation of this ad creeps the hell out.  I can't even look directly at it.  Plus, they made a black version.  The voices and the words are the same, just with black characters.

• Love 4

Had to google that because my mind was going in a million directions wondering why you'd put milk on any kind of "wood". Whew, much less weird than my mental image. But why in the world would you call something you put on furniture "milk"? Must be some obscure reference I don't get.

• Love 1

Agreed mojoween. "Are you the strongest running back?", "I made pot stickers!", "Why would it be awkward?".

But my favorite is "Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!".

Edited by xaxat

Ok so the ad is for Amish Dutch Milk which is not hilarious but inside I'm a child so when the VO lady said "trust generations of hunters who have used it on THEIR wood" I laughed so hard.

Thanks to you, I now have a mental image of generations of Amish hunters milking their wood.

"Atlee, what are you doing out there?"

"Just touching up my walnut stock, Hannah."

Edited by Sandman87
  • Love 4

Love the Little Caesar's commercial that looks like an Apple product launch crossed with a TED talk. All about this amazing technological breakthrough called legs, that you employ to actually get off your ass and walk to get your pie.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 1

"Are you taking a Zumba class?"

That's great!  I love the exasperated "Mom!"

I like the new Gieco commercial as well BUT this would be so much funnier if the mom was a stereo typical Jewish mom from Long Island.  The loud, thick NY accent with the worrisome/guilt trip would be perfect.  Mom in this commercial just isn't frantic enough for my tastes but I do love watching the squirrels running around the pool like they own the joint.

• Love 4

I like the new Gieco commercial as well BUT this would be so much funnier if the mom was a stereo typical Jewish mom from Long Island.  The loud, thick NY accent with the worrisome/guilt trip would be perfect.  Mom in this commercial just isn't frantic enough for my tastes but I do love watching the squirrels running around the pool like they own the joint.

See, I kind of love the generic, middle class mom and appreciate that the advertising world sees another mom stereotype. She's that perfect level of cluelessness, like my mom (who used to complain about how my Nanna would call her at work and just ramble on as though they had all the time in the world to chat). Call-at-the-wrong-time Mom doesn't have to be pushy or frantic, she just needs to call at an inconvenient time with something non-urgent to talk about.

• Love 13

I can't believe I'm thanking Taco Bell, but I'm glad there is someone out there who recognizes that STEM is not the only worthwhile academic path.

Their URL would be much more readable if they had put separators between the words. Most people don't use the word "mas" regularly, so it runs together with the first letter of "scholarship", encouraging spelling errors.

The Subaru commercial is back when the dad asks his son if he wants to drive the car, and the kid imagines all the frustrations of modern life/driving. It's one of my favorites because I've pretty much reacted just the way the kid does.

And because I just saw it: the Amazon commercial with the miniature horse who's alone in the field after the other horses reject him and ignore him, so his owner buys a "doggie" door to let him in the house.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 8

I really want to like that one, because it should be quite funny, but the kid looks so sickly I'm distracted from the humor of the various scenarios by wondering what on earth is wrong with him.

• Love 1

The Subaru commercial is back when the dad asks his son if he wants to drive the car, and the kid imagines all the frustrations of modern life/driving. It's one of my favorites because I've pretty much reacted just the way the kid does.

And because I just saw it: the Amazon commercial with the miniature horse who's alone in the field after the other horses reject him and ignore him, so his owner buys a "doggie" door to let him in the house.

Did Cher really sing that song to Sonny?

I love the ad for Raisin Bran (I think) where the dad and the daughter are getting ready for a bike race and she is just adorably over how un-cool her dad is and how proud he is of the same fact.

I love at the end where he distracts her and rings her bike bell because I annoy my kid like that all of the time.

• Love 1