Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I didn't see a lot of Super Bowl ads, but I liked the one about the incompetent bank robbers getting away in a Prius, and so thrilled that they were making social media.

Has State Farm gotten rid of the Coneheads version of the "Jake" commercial?  I only see them running the original one now.  I miss the Coneheads.

I love this Theraflu commercial.  Check out his face and the people behind him in the elevator.  I always giggle when I see it.

I am also enjoying the Alec Baldwin (go figure) commercials with that Alexa thingy.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Love 2

OK, but what happens when the woman leading the meeting asks "What do you think, Tad?"

I was thinking the same thing!  But I've known more than one person who wandered off during conference calls.  But weren't they Skyping?  They should know he isn't there.

I was thinking the same thing!  But I've known more than one person who wandered off during conference calls.  But weren't they Skyping?  They should know he isn't there.

His cardboard cut out is there on the call, smiling blankly back at this colleagues. I'd rather be making s'mores instead of doing a call, but a life-sized replica of me won't be able to take meeting notes!!

• Love 3

Even though I am often annoyed by Straight Talk commercials, the delivery of "No, it's absolutely pronounced 'ohn-deeve'" is a longstanding joke between me and my sister and still makes me laugh even though the commercial no longer airs. I thought of this commercial yesterday while in the produce aisle, and I suddenly realized that this is the Mom from the GEICO commercial.

• Love 5

I saw this classic earlier today...it's too early, but I'm always happy to see the lion

I just saw a display of the eggs in the supermarket last night, so I guess it's not really too early. Despite the negative reviews above, Cadbury creme eggs are still the one type of candy I can't resist.

Even though I am often annoyed by Straight Talk commercials, the delivery of "No, it's absolutely pronounced 'ohn-deeve'" is a longstanding joke between me and my sister and still makes me laugh even though the commercial no longer airs. I thought of this commercial yesterday while in the produce aisle, and I suddenly realized that this is the Mom from the GEICO commercial.

And the disgruntled looking husband with her is the same guy who gets kicked in the face by Peter Pan in that GEICO commercial that gets mixed reviews here.

• Love 5

It depends on what she’s serving, which we don’t see, because there are two endives, one of which is pronounced as she says it, while the other is pronounced “en-dive”.  But given the context, she's pretty much guaranteed to be talking about the one pronounced “on-deeve” and is thus correct.  But since the commercial positions her as delusional/pretentious, I’m not entirely sure the copy writers know that.  Either way, though, it cracks me up.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

She's playing basically the same character, too.

• Love 1

I just saw a display of the eggs in the supermarket last night, so I guess it's not really too early. Despite the negative reviews above, Cadbury creme eggs are still the one type of candy I can't resist.

I went into my Walgreens on Feb. 14 and was badly amazed to see Valentines OUT! and Easter IN!

Dark chocolate mini-eggs or not.

• Love 2

I went into my Walgreens on Feb. 14 and was badly amazed to see Valentines OUT! and Easter IN!

Dark chocolate mini-eggs or not.

Ugh! Me too at local grocery store - Feb 14th afternoon hardly any Valentine's Day stuff, and Easter candy for sale on the first day of Lent. Doesn't that kind of go against what Lent is about? Buy now and pig out on Easter.

• Love 3

I think that would depend on what you "gave up" for Lent.  My mom used to give up pickles.  She told me she remembered, as a kid, sitting on the stoop on Maundy Thursday, waiting for the sun to go down, clutching a big, fat pickle in delighted anticipation of gobbling it up.

• Love 4

Ugh! Me too at local grocery store - Feb 14th afternoon hardly any Valentine's Day stuff, and Easter candy for sale on the first day of Lent. Doesn't that kind of go against what Lent is about? Buy now and pig out on Easter.

They don't want to miss out on selling Easter candy to those of us who don't celebrate Easter but like the candy.

• Love 5

I love the Whirlpool ad with the mother asking all the different questions--"honey, what did you do?" "HOW DID YOU GET UP THERE?" "how did it go?" "what is this?"Dying laughing every time.

the Zillow ad with the young couple looking at house listings, then going to pick up their son from an adoption agency makes me tear up every single time. The woman's face when the carer brings the little boy out is priceless.

• Love 3

I have to laugh at the Progressive ad where Flo is watching TV and the two guys from the other insurance company are on.  Her dog whines, and she says, "I know, it's like they're on all the time."  And the dog gives her a funny look and she says, "What?"

It's nice that they're self-aware like that.

• Love 6

They don't want to miss out on selling Easter candy to those of us who don't celebrate Easter but like the candy.

But aren't all holiday candies pretty much the same? The colors just change?

I think I saw Halloween Peeps. Peeps!

• Love 1

I love the Whirlpool ad with the mother asking all the different questions--"honey, what did you do?" "HOW DID YOU GET UP THERE?" "how did it go?" "what is this?"Dying laughing every time.

I wish she'd actually say "What the fuck?" I add it at the end when she puts the clothes in the washer. I have one of those (great washing machine, BTW) and you can't just dump clothes in like she does. You have to arrange them to not obscure the center of the washing plate.

• Love 2

I saw that one last night! "Who's the genius who puts a girl in heels on a subway grate?!" Dafoe's face at the beginning is priceless.

I like the Willem Dafoe part, but poor Marilyn Monroe, still being exploited 50+ years after her death. Who benefits from her estate anyway?
  • Love 4

I like the new Android commercial.

Rock, Paper, and Scissors help each other overcome bullies.  Scissors helps paper and paper helps rock while scissors hides because rock can break scissors but overcomes his fear and they all become friends to the anthem from St Elmo's fire.

• Love 6

I like the Willem Dafoe part, but poor Marilyn Monroe, still being exploited 50+ years after her death. Who benefits from her estate anyway?

Yeah, once you know the full story of that scene there's no way to enjoy it.

• Love 3

I was just speaking in the general sense, so what's the full story?

http://www.arts-stew.com/classic-stars/marilyn-monroe/marilyns-iconic-photo-from-the-seven-year-itch/

The biggest repercussion from the live shoot for Marilyn though was Joe DiMaggio’s reaction. Their marriage was only nine months old at the time and was already in trouble. Joe’s friend Walter Winchell, a top gossip columnist, talked DiMaggio into going to watch the shoot. Joe arrived after the shoot had begun and the sight of several hundred people taking pictures and ogling his wife during the whole scene was too much for the jealous bad tempered ballplayer. He stormed off and later that night at their hotel Joe and Marilyn had an explosive fight that reportedly turned violent.

• Love 3

It's not exactly a favorite commercial, but not one I hate either, so I'm putting this here.

I spent Sunday watching the Downton Abbey marathon on PBS , and saw that Amazon commercial where they try to act like audiobooks are some great new thing (and not something commuters have been using in their cars for decades) what seemed like a hundred times.  And while some of the bits are 'whatever', I can say that I now need to know more about the distant planet Zebulax, specifically why - and how - orbiting the galactic reactron makes its gravity unpredictable.  Like, does everything levitate for awhile and then suddenly plummet to the ground, or do things periodically go floating off into space?  Enquiring minds want to know.

• Love 7
(edited)

But aren't all holiday candies pretty much the same? The colors just change?

I think I saw Halloween Peeps. Peeps!

Reese's sells peanut butter trees for Christmas, hearts for Valentine's day and eggs for Easter.  They are all totally different, not the same at all!

I think jelly beans are less common after Easter is over, if that's your bag.

Edited to note that the chocolate bunnies also seem to disappear for the rest of the year.

Edited by proserpina65
  • Love 3