Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

It's not exactly a favorite commercial, but not one I hate either, so I'm putting this here.

I spent Sunday watching the Downton Abbey marathon on PBS , and saw that Amazon commercial where they try to act like audiobooks are some great new thing (and not something commuters have been using in their cars for decades) what seemed like a hundred times.  And while some of the bits are 'whatever', I can say that I now need to know more about the distant planet Zebulax, specifically why - and how - orbiting the galactic reactron makes its gravity unpredictable.  Like, does everything levitate for awhile and then suddenly plummet to the ground, or do things periodically go floating off into space?  Enquiring minds want to know.

Now that I know I'm not alone in this: I really, really want to read that fake book every time I see the ad.

• Love 4

And while some of the bits are 'whatever', I can say that I now need to know more about the distant planet Zebulax, specifically why - and how - orbiting the galactic reactron makes its gravity unpredictable.  Like, does everything levitate for awhile and then suddenly plummet to the ground, or do things periodically go floating off into space?  Enquiring minds want to know.

Now that I know I'm not alone in this: I really, really want to read that fake book every time I see the ad.

Here's hoping someone gets inspired and writes a good sci fi story!

• Love 1

I just saw this commercial for Scion, starring the 'recently liberated car dealership tube man'.  I thought it was really funny, especially the part where he slings his coffee around.

• Love 11

There will be one more ad with the Most Interesting Man, where he blasts off to Mars.  

I'm vaguely disturbed that Dos Equis is keeping the campaign, and recasting the role with a younger character, who is more relevant to social media. Apparently, they consulted the James Bond folks about rebooting a character.  F* social media. 

I'll miss Jonathan. 

• Love 11

There will be one more ad with the Most Interesting Man, where he blasts off to Mars.  

I'm vaguely disturbed that Dos Equis is keeping the campaign, and recasting the role with a younger character, who is more relevant to social media. Apparently, they consulted the James Bond folks about rebooting a character.  F* social media. 

I'll miss Jonathan. 

I'm very upset about this; there is no one who can replace him!  It will be an offensive choice, whoever it is.

• Love 7

I'll miss Jonathan. 

Well if they replace him with the Old Spice guy. The black one with all the muscles, who might be turning me into bi curious, they could be on to something.

Edited by Watcher0363
  • Love 4

There's a credit card commercial with Tina Fay where she goes to a supermarket and the clerk is talking to another guy and he says, "So, it turns out lemon juice doesn't cure pinkeye."

I don't care about the rest of the ad, that part just makes me laugh.

• Love 6

They haven't learned their lesson; they are just trying to find the LEAST obnoxious replacement.

No.  It's a joke that they keep replacing him every couple of months.  There's even a new ad where Gaffigan is horrified to see a chart with his possible replacements, including a woman and a dog.

• Love 9

They haven't learned their lesson; they are just trying to find the LEAST obnoxious replacement.

I am pretty sure this a some kind of marketing strategy. That will start a vote for the New Colonel Sanders right around the presidential election season. But then again KFC was the company that put a free online coupon for a snack, but forgot to use cookies to limit only one printing of the coupon. I think I printed ten for my mom. They had to quickly stop honoring those coupons.

• Love 4

Dos Equis us terrible. I used to work for a Sports & Expo complex that catered to the Hispanic community.

We switched from Modello to Dos Equis, and got thousands of complaints. No one wanted to drink it.

I think that could be the reasoning behind them trying to grab the younger market.

• Love 1

Read it?  Maybe.   But I couldn't listen to the actor reading it for more than 30 seconds.    He kinda sounds like he's from Zebulax.

• Love 3

I meant to post this awhile back--I just love the Ted & Rudy Milk Bone commercials.  Ted seems like such a sweetie pie.  I like how the commercials show that taking care and loving your dog isn't a foo-foo girly thing.  And the attention to dental care is nice as well.

• Love 3

Dos Equis us terrible. I used to work for a Sports & Expo complex that catered to the Hispanic community.

We switched from Modello to Dos Equis, and got thousands of complaints. No one wanted to drink it.

I think that could be the reasoning behind them trying to grab the younger market.

Maybe they just weren't thirsty enough. Hence, "Stay thirsty, my friends."

• Love 2
I like this new Blue Bunny commercial. I have a thing for bunnies and kitties though. :)

I was just coming here to post this commercial.  It's so cute!  (If you like bunnies, you might like this story:  One of my co-workers posted a photo she took of a tiny little white bunny that she saw hopping around the creek that runs through our campus.  We figured that it escaped from a house in the neighborhood, but we were worried that it would become a snake snack (there are water moccasins in the creek, although I've been lucky that I've never seen one).  Anyway, another co-worker went out this evening and brought it in all wrapped up in her jacket.  I'm guessing she (or someone in her family) will adopt it.  It was a cutie, and seemed tame).  

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 3

I have an irrational LOVE for commercials where dogs drive cars. I don't care what they're selling, but yellow labs/golden retrievers acting like they're a family, driving in a car, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The ads don't make me want to buy the product, as much as they make me want to get a puppy.

• Love 13

I have an irrational LOVE for commercials where dogs drive cars. I don't care what they're selling, but yellow labs/golden retrievers acting like they're a family, driving in a car, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

The ads don't make me want to buy the product, as much as they make me want to get a puppy.

I like those Subaru commercials too.

• Love 3

Yea! The Amazon mini horse commercial is back in rotation.

I was trying to wake up from a nap yesterday and that commercial was on. I almost thought I was dreaming when I saw it because it had been gone for quite awhile.

• Love 2

IKR?!  Animals behaving like humans is always a cute gimmick.  I couldn't tell you the name of the car they were trying to sell but seeing them in the car like a family is funny.

• Love 3

The commercial for the Reese's peanut butter eggs always makes me smile.

I have mixed feelings about the Food Lion commercial with the school aged boy (mid-Atlantic grocery chain). I love that the kid has the best day ever, but something about the lion out and about in the real world bugs me.

• Love 2

The commercial for the Reese's peanut butter eggs always makes me smile.

I have mixed feelings about the Food Lion commercial with the school aged boy (mid-Atlantic grocery chain). I love that the kid has the best day ever, but something about the lion out and about in the real world bugs me.

I liked it better when the lion spoke.  Now that he just stands there without saying a word is a little creepy.  It's as if he's stalking him--like lions do in the wild stalking their prey.

• Love 3

Just caught the Siri commercial with The Cookie Monster!  I love him!  And, it makes me ridiculously happy that he is making cookies!

No more silliness about cookies being a "sometimes food"? I was in the first generation of Sesame Street viewers and I never got the idea that I should eat cookies like the Cookie Monster does - he's a monster and eating cookies is his thing!

• Love 9

Cookie Monster and Siri.  I should warn you, the music is a persistent ear worm. 

(love your avatar btw)

Thanks elle! ;)

Omg I love it! I can totally relate, it takes forever for yummy cookies to bake! My favorite part was at the end when Cookie asked Siri how much time was left......omg only 50 seconds had passed. I feel ya. That flipping the oven light on and off thing, I do that too when I am impatient for food to be cooked

• Love 3