Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I guess I'm not surprised that Cher sang that song for Sonny.  She used to get in some serious digs at his 'shortness'. (I watched the Sonny & Cher Show every week!)  So tragic, the ski thing.

I remember the Boum song from some movie in the 40's, maybe.  He was a real Vaudeville-type performer.

• Love 1

And because I just saw it: the Amazon commercial with the miniature horse who's alone in the field after the other horses reject him and ignore him, so his owner buys a "doggie" door to let him in the house.

For the sake for her flooring, I hope she got some rubber shows for him too. The actress does a great job without saying a word.

Are those prison stripes Sonny's wearing? Yikes, the 60s were weird.

As is seeing him without his mustache.

• Love 3

I like the Cheerios commercial with the parents and kids dancing together. They're all very talented and beautiful, and I think the only thing that would make me like the commercial more is if there were at least one "regular" mother-child pair that danced like normal people instead of nailing complicated choreography with ease.

• Love 2

What's up with the lyrics? It sounds like an Asian version.

Yeah, I probably downloaded the Asian version.  Honestly, it wasn't the lyrics so much as the music that I was focused on.

Yeah, I probably downloaded the Asian version.

Apparently not. Since my comment, I noticed the ad when it popped up on TV, and that's the version they're using in the U.S. (at least here in the northeast). I hope that's just a recording by a group that doesn't enunciate clearly; it would be tasteless to put fake subtitles to a recording in a foreign language.

Is that who the singer is?

Apparently it is:

Https://youtu.be/gQlhH6tDBc8

That's a great video. You can tell they were lovers, and cared for each other. Besides, is there a difference between "little man" and "little girl"? Interesting lyric.

Anyway, I enjoyed the video. The 1960s had real people, before plastic surgery was commonplace. I love flaws and crooked teeth.

• Love 5

Funny new GEICO one with the spy being chased by thugs on a highrise roof and getting cornered with a chopper- only to have his MOTHER call him to complain about the attic squirrels her husband wants to try to take out himself instead of calling an exterminator. Maybe James Bond being an orphan may explain why he's lasted so long.

• Love 11

I haven't been able to find a copy online, but I really like the Rashida Jones Verizon commercials. The newest one has her with friends (one is Joey Slotnick) and her Mom (Peggy Lipton) visiting, not talking to one another at all. They're just sitting in the living room using their phones/iPads. Rashida Jones says to her Mom: " I married a clown and we're going to have little clown babies" to which her mom just nods and says umm hmmm.

• Love 5

I haven't been able to find a copy online, but I really like the Rashida Jones Verizon commercials. The newest one has her with friends (one is Joey Slotnick) and her Mom (Peggy Lipton) visiting, not talking to one another at all. They're just sitting in the living room using their phones/iPads. Rashida Jones says to her Mom: " I married a clown and we're going to have little clown babies" to which her mom just nods and says umm hmmm.

I think it is the "I just bought a hammer" at the end from her mom that makes the commercial. I wish I knew what it is about, Rashida Jones, that makes her so interesting. She not overly beautiful or anything, but she is just so delicious to the eyes.

• Love 6

Funny new GEICO one with the spy being chased by thugs on a highrise roof and getting cornered with a chopper- only to have his MOTHER call him to complain about the attic squirrels her husband wants to try to take out himself instead of calling an exterminator.

Is his mother deaf? He answers the phone yelling "where are you?" and she doesn't react at all. Or, is this a re-edit of an older ad, like when State Farm tried to reuse Jake with the coneheads.

I was just going to come post about this exact commercial! I love how everyone is just so oblivious. "Here, Joey, have a cup of gasoline." "I just laid an egg."

Are Rashida Jones and Joey Slotnick the new Mariette Hartley/James Garner, or Teri Hatcher/Howie Long? One of the older commercials had them together flipping through the channels, but as far as I know they are not dating married. Also, did I just date myself with those previous two references? 

Edited by St. Claire
  • Love 1

Since I haven't seen any of the Rashida and Joey commercials, I'd say no.  I have no idea who Joey Slotnick is.

My new favorite is one with a father driving around with his two young (under 12) sons.  He parks and leaves them in the car while he runs an errand.  They take advantage of the car's new electronic features to say "Text Mom" and send messages about how good they are and what she should buy them.

Dad returns, gets in the car, looks at the dash, turns around and asks the kids, "Why are you texting Grandma?"

• Love 1

My new favorite is a new Geico one. The gecko pulls up to a restaurant that has valet parking in his gecko sized car , gets out, gives the confused valet his teeny tiny key, and walks off. Next scene is the valet carrying the car to an open parking space, putting it down, and then setting the alarm on it.

• Love 3

Next scene is the valet carrying the car to an open parking space, putting it down, and then setting the alarm on it.

The gecko must be a big tipper if the valet is willing to give the car that much space, rather than put it where he would a motorbike or other smaller vehicle.

• Love 2

I'm not sure why the KFC/Col. Sanders ads tickle me, but the one where he rolls into a conference room on a chair carrying a brick cellphone from the 80's makes me smile every time I see it. Maybe I'm easily amused. :-)

• Love 4

They've totally leaned into the ridiculous with those ads. My favorite is the one on the college campus (The University of State Tech, natch) where the kid asks if Norm is Col. Sanders, and he replies, "Yes. I mean, no. I'm just a normal college student." and then gives the best side-eye since Sophia Loren.

• Love 3

Is his mother deaf? He answers the phone yelling "where are you?" and she doesn't react at all. Or, is this a re-edit of an older ad, like when State Farm tried to reuse Jake with the coneheads.

She's just oblivious, self-absorbed, and clueless, right? I don't look too deeply into the whys and wherefores, I just laugh out loud every time she asks if he's taking a zumba class. 

• Love 9

I like all the Peyton Manning commercials with the Nationwide jingle in his head, and the newest (to me) one is no exception: "Epic comeback starts right here" during the ping pong match is my favorite, but "Don't open that cellar door" as he watches a horror movie is pretty good, too.

• Love 10
Blergh, on 10 Jan 2016 - 02:36 AM, said:

Funny new GEICO one with the spy being chased by thugs on a highrise roof and getting cornered with a chopper- only to have his MOTHER call him to complain about the attic squirrels her husband wants to try to take out himself instead of calling an exterminator. Maybe James Bond being an orphan may explain why he's lasted so long.

This is by FAR the best commercial airing on TV right now. "He says this time it's personal." 

And I, too, laugh at the Zumba line every single time.

• Love 6

I can't believe I'm crying over a liquor commercial. That was beautiful, and yes, to any interns reading this forum, I actually want to go buy some Johnny Walker, and I don't drink scotch either.

Whoops, got so excited over the "Dear Brother" commercial a few pages back, I neglected to notice that the thread had long since moved on. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Love 5

I love the neck-rolling club dude at the end of this Discover.dom commercial.

I love that he got zapped.

I can't believe I'm crying over a liquor commercial. That was beautiful, and yes, to any interns reading this forum, I actually want to go buy some Johnny Walker, and I don't drink scotch either.

Whoops, got so excited over the "Dear Brother" commercial a few pages back, I neglected to notice that the thread had long since moved on. 

That's OK. It was a great ad.

• Love 2

I just saw this one and really liked it. "He expanded their territory."

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/Atno/toyota-rav4-hybrid-wolf-pack-featuring-james-marsden

(Although I have to admit the ending is a little sad.)

I thought it was funny, myself. He's just romping mindlessly around having fun, and then the narrator says he's going to be expected to nurse those wolves and you can practically hear the record scratch. He's all "Oh hell, no!" and runs like the wind. As you do when something with big fangs starts eying your titties.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 3

I just saw this one and really liked it. "He expanded their territory."

http://www.ispot.tv/...g-james-marsden

(Although I have to admit the ending is a little sad.)

I've seen this once and thought it was very cute!  Yeah the ending is a bit sad (I don't like seeing any animal just left behind) but it was meant in good fun.  Especially liked seeing the wolves hang their heads out the window as a dog would do on a car ride =)

• Love 1

Love the new Turbo Tax commercial with Dr. Kaku!  The other ones are ok but anything to do with Dr. Kaku fine by me

I like the campaign, but they really should have included a woman as one of their geniuses. Perhaps Jennifer Doudna, one of the discoverers of CRISPR, a gene editing technique that will change our world. (Not an exaggeration.)

ETA, I just saw one featuring a female mathematician. I withdraw my objection.

Edited by xaxat