Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Commercials

• Start Topic

I just saw the commercial where the dog waits outside the hospital where his elderly owner was taken by ambulance. . . and I'm having a tough time choking back the sobs.

If I say the "product," you won't get the full whammy of the ending, but keep an eye out for it. 

I am so writing a check.

Oh!  I googled and the commercial's six months old, so it's surely been covered here.  (Sorry, I only went back a few pages to check.)

Well, in case you missed it, or you need a good cleansing cry, here's the Youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCfwQzFJfpo

• Love 4

1975 Friskies Kitten Food ad: I had seen it originally on a clip of the final show of ABC's Split Second w/Tom Kennedy (June 27, 1975), and I would have uploaded the clip of that final show and set it to the point within that show where the ad appears, had it not been for embedded YouTube clips' annoying tendency to default to the beginning of the clip, even if you specify a specific point in the clip when you embed. Nonetheless, for reasons unknown, I really enjoyed this Friskies ad. 

• Love 2

The suggested videos that popped up at the end for me included some rather hilarious videos of kittens going batshit over what might be their first taste of the canned, stinky, mushy food - growling and slinging claws right and left if someone gets too close.

• Love 3

The suggested videos that popped up at the end for me included some rather hilarious videos of kittens going batshit over what might be their first taste of the canned, stinky, mushy food - growling and slinging claws right and left if someone gets too close.

This never fails to kill me!

• Love 3
I just came here to say I like Flo, from Progressive Insurance. She makes me laugh.

For the most part I like the Flo/Progressive Auto Insurance commercials.  I especially like the new one where the 2 competitors are trying to sell the name your price tool on an infomercial and Flo and her dog are watching the commercial saying it's like they are always on tv.  It's a cute way to make fun at themselves which is nice.

• Love 5

The Geico commercial with the two guys lifting weights and making bad "bro" puns, while one of them keeps getting bigger muscles, is kind of weird and creepy. Yet I watch it every time it comes on. I guess that's the essence of a good commercial. Also, of a certain kind of humor in which something strikes you as funny, but you'd be hard pressed to explain why.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 3

The Geico commercial with the two guys lifting weights and making bad "bro" puns, while one of them keeps getting bigger muscles, is kind of weird and creepy. Yet I watch it every time it comes on. I guess that's the essence of a good commercial. Also, of a certain kind of humor in which something strikes you as funny, but you'd be hard pressed to explain why.

For me, it's the increasingly ridiculous ways "bro" is used.

For me, it's the increasingly ridiculous ways "bro" is used.

Also, how they never change expression. And if you've ever been in a gym, you've seen guys like that. So it's a funny depiction of a certain real "type."

I don't know why I like this ad, but the Heineken "Hero" ad: I kinda love it. That's not even my favourite song or anything. But something about the way it's sung and edited, it sort of makes me feel like a musical, and I love me some musicals, so it totally wins me over.

Useless in the long run as I don't drink alcohol at all, and I think I saw it six times before I caught what it was for. Still, it's somewhat overplayed and does not yet annoy the crap of me. Ergo, well done, beer people.

Wow, a frisky Abe Vigoda!  Thanks for sharing that.

(I liked it that all the memoriam mentions I saw went straight for The Godfather instead of Barney Miller.)

Sitcom humor wasn't really his forte. The Cozi channel reran a Bionic Woman episode last night in which he had a prominent dramatic role.

• Love 1

I hadn't seen it before. I like it - and laughed when the guy on the subway woke up to find himself in a musical.

It is rather funny and nice that a beer company is showing some sort of thought for over drinking.  The bartender at the end looking longingly at the man refusing another beer as he walked away is a bit much though.  Good grief woman he refused AN ALREADY OPEN BEER (did he change his mind?) not transformed into George Clooney right before your eyes.

• Love 1

The Geico commercial with the two guys lifting weights and making bad "bro" puns, while one of them keeps getting bigger muscles, is kind of weird and creepy. Yet I watch it every time it comes on. I guess that's the essence of a good commercial. Also, of a certain kind of humor in which something strikes you as funny, but you'd be hard pressed to explain why.

This commercial makes me want to call my friends "Brotato Chip."

• Love 1

I was a huge Barney Miller fan, never missed it.  I loved Abe in that role, SO funny!  I just adore dry, dead-pan humor.

I am sure Abe was greeted with a mushi, mushi, mushi. Then they shared a laughed or two, if not an cannoli or two.

Edited by Watcher0363
  • Love 3

Nope, but then I loathe pepperoni. (For years it literally made me sick, though now it just tastes and smells awful.)

I too loved the James Marsden wolves commercial, with him running with the pack and bedding down in their den with them—only to flee upon finding out he was expected to be their wet nurse.

• Love 4

Ok people don't lie.  I know you all love this as much as I do:

I can't stand it myself, mostly because the idiot could actually say "pepperoni" and have it still work with the beat.  "Pepperona" is stupid.  Yes, I know it's because the song was My Sharona, but that doesn't make it any less stupid to me.

• Love 4

I'm with you, NYGirl. This commercial amuses me, despite my conscious brain knowing how stupid it is. The guy's facial expressions and dancing are priceless

That's exactly why I love it.  I giggle every time it's on but what gets me the most is the close up of his feet at the end...I'm always like whaaaa?

• Love 1

The Jet.com ads are ridiculous:

But against my will I like this one because of the way the guy robbing the store says "WHAR'S THE MUNNAY!?":

I love the beautiful periwinkle blue brain dust. It's so pretty!

• Love 2

From the Annoying Commercials thread:

Better?

Well, I think it's better, anyway. ;-)

ha!  funny, and no need for the obvious cock joke.  How can they do things right at Budweiser, but fuck up so spectacularly at Bud Light?

• Love 3

The Jet.com ads are ridiculous:

But against my will I like this one because of the way the guy robbing the store says "WHAR'S THE MUNNAY!?":

I kinda like his "Sorcery!" even as I know it's ridiculous - where did he think the money was?

I love the beautiful periwinkle blue brain dust. It's so pretty!

Enjoy the ads while you can; because if these reviews are anything to go by, Jet.com won't be around for long:  http://www.trustpilot.com/review/jet.com

• Love 3