Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Reading between the lines, my guess is Jill finds Nurie harder or just less convenient to micromanage from a few states away, so Kaylee and her beau have been given their marching orders. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 6

Are they engaged? I thought they were courting but maybe JillR hasn’t had time to put together engagement festivities yet. Or she’s being wonky with the timeline again. Poor Jonathan doesn’t know what he is getting himself into. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Are they engaged? I thought they were courting but maybe JillR hasn’t had time to put together engagement festivities yet. Or she’s being wonky with the timeline again. Poor Jonathan doesn’t know what he is getting himself into. 

I’d guess a Christmas proposal is happening and we will hear about it after the new year. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’d guess a Christmas proposal is happening and we will hear about it after the new year. 

I think we're more likely to get a New Year's proposal. Jonathan is speaking at a church in MS on either the 30th or NYE. My money is on the Rods saying there for a few days before moving on to the annual Florida grift. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 5
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, 65mickey said:

If he is driving without insurance he will be in big trouble. I think the deductible would apply it he files a claim on the collision coverage for his vehicle. Not sure if the liability has a deductible. How old is this kid?  Yeah 3 moving violations will cause his insurance to go through the roof. It might be cancelled. 

THIS.  I was in an accident (where someone hit me from behind and my car was totalled.. at least I wasn't).. then, I'm driving near Fenway and this guy hit me.,, and tried to SUE ME - not even a scratch on my car.  Thank God for car insurance.  Buy it, people.  (although, of course, i'm still paying for it 6 years later.. Thanks Massachusetts.. and btw, they guy was illegal who hit me)

14 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Two speeding tickets and the accident I posted about above. 

2 speeding tickets?  Aren’t good Christians supposed to obey the law/speed limit?  I’m sure Shrek and BME consider Timmy to be their problem child.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Good grief! Jill, making it clear they had a chaperone. No one cares Jill. Enough with the stupid pictures. 'Hey, go hug that tree, it will make a great photo." Also, the last thing that Kaylee looks, is in love. Force that smile a little more Kaylee. Make BME happy.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill might be trying to get on disability. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Don’t you have to have a job in order to get disability?  I’m pretty sure you do, and I don’t think that hawking Plexus counts.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Good grief! Jill, making it clear they had a chaperone. No one cares Jill. Enough with the stupid pictures. 'Hey, go hug that tree, it will make a great photo." Also, the last thing that Kaylee looks, is in love. Force that smile a little more Kaylee. Make BME happy.

Oh dear God, they aren't even hugging a tree. They are hugging a telephone pole. I just can't with these people.

Run, Jonny Boy. Run as fast as you can. Save yourself. You do NOT want to get tangled into BME and Hunk's web. You will lose your money and your mind.

• LOL 7
  • Love 17

Jonathan looks like he’s playing hide and go seek with his Sunday School teacher. The amount of terrible make up and outdated clothes and hairstyles these girls are forced to wear ages them by at least 20 years. I feel sorry for both of these young people. Marriage is not an escape from this cult.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Don’t you have to have a job in order to get disability?  I’m pretty sure you do, and I don’t think that hawking Plexus counts.

I don't think so.  There are people on 600PL and 1000P Sisters that have never worked a day in their lives, but still receive disability.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I don't think so.  There are people on 600PL and 1000P Sisters that have never worked a day in their lives, but still receive disability.

And if you are born with a condition that disables you then you qualify for disability. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

And if you are born with a condition that disables you then you qualify for disability. 

Yes, I knew that if you were disabled since birth, you could receive disability and that makes sense, because that person couldn’t work even if they wanted to.  However, IMO it doesn’t make sense that someone would receive a monthly check when they had chosen not to work in the first place.  I guess Jill will now have a new grift. 🙄

With Disability SSI it is very difficult to get into the system.  My 22 year old nephew has a wide range of physical and neurological issues, plus he is on the spectrum.  My brother and sister-in- law have a large team of therapists and advocates working with them.  They were told that they can almost certainly expect to be turned down on the first attempt, and it may take multiple applications to finally get him into the system. And this is for someone who will never be able to live independently.

I can’t imagine Jill and her wonky knee will ever see a dime.

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
53 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Yes, I knew that if you were disabled since birth, you could receive disability and that makes sense, because that person couldn’t work even if they wanted to.  However, IMO it doesn’t make sense that someone would receive a monthly check when they had chosen not to work in the first place.  I guess Jill will now have a new grift. 🙄

There are legit reasons adult folks don't work, and I would say being a stay at home parent is one.

In my field we see a lot of adults who have spotty work histories, or no work history. A lot of times mental health issues show up during the 20s through early 30s. As was mentioned above, it is hard to qualify for and it isn't much - less than $800 per month.

• Useful 6
2 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Oh dear God, they aren't even hugging a tree. They are hugging a telephone pole. I just can't with these people.

HA! I was rolling my eyes so hard, I didn’t even notice it wasn’t a tree! Telephone poll is even more stupid! 🤣🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

There are a lot of weeds involved in some disability decisions.  Work history is a part of some disability decisions even for SSI.  Take a 60 year old with an 8th grade education whose only work history for 40 years was building houses.  He develops a condition where he can no longer build houses.  Retraining is not likely productive so he gets approved.

Jill considering for a moment her condition is permanent has a history of being able to sell items from wherever she is.  Having a bad knee does not limit her ability to sell Plexus or anything else from her recliner.  Points that would not help her win a disability case.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jill considering for a moment her condition is permanent has a history of being able to sell items from wherever she is.  Having a bad knee does not limit her ability to sell Plexus or anything else from her recliner.  Points that would not help her win a disability case.  

She'll also slip up and post photos/videos of herself walking brick and cobblestone streets in tourist towns, shopping in numerous gift shops, and scouting restaurants on her many vacations. She'll also walk around streets, laundromats, and parking lots handing out smiley tracts and saving souls. That knee will work just fine when it needs to. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

If Jonathan and Kaylee move close to the Barndo, they will have no rest from Best Momma and her insatiable need for gifts, shopping, and restaurant meals. They'd be much better off near Jonathan's family, which is less likely to have a vulture in it. Of course, Kaylee may move up the favoritism ladder quite a few rungs if she and Jon spend freely on Jill and do it often. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

There are a lot of weeds involved in some disability decisions.  Work history is a part of some disability decisions even for SSI.  Take a 60 year old with an 8th grade education whose only work history for 40 years was building houses.  He develops a condition where he can no longer build houses.  Retraining is not likely productive so he gets approved.

That makes sense. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

2 speeding tickets?  Aren’t good Christians supposed to obey the law/speed limit?  I’m sure Shrek and BME consider Timmy to be their problem child.

Remember, Jill ordered the poor kid to drive all night on no sleep to get to their last Florida vacation after his flight was delayed. I have a feeling that’s when he got at least one of those speeding tickets. Again, he is very lucky he didn’t get hurt or harm anyone else.

5 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I’m assuming they get SSI, because their extreme weight does qualify them for it.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Even if they chose not to work for whatever reason (could be that their spouse died and left them with no income), we still can’t leave them to die on the streets. SSI is very difficult to qualify for.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There are legit reasons adult folks don't work, and I would say being a stay at home parent is one.

In my field we see a lot of adults who have spotty work histories, or no work history. A lot of times mental health issues show up during the 20s through early 30s. As was mentioned above, it is hard to qualify for and it isn't much - less than $800 per month.

I know quite a few people on SSI, and that’s what they receive. It’s very difficult to get by on it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Yes, there are more options now even for disabled people to make a living with the huge increase in work from home opportunities. That’s good for everyone.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

SSI is very difficult to qualify for.

It's both oddly easy and very difficult.  Cut and dried cases are amazingly easy such as IQ below x or missing a limb.  Complex issues of education and disability and whether the examiner deems the person is "trainable" get quite murky.  With the requirement that the person be unable to do any substantial gainful activity, the younger the person is the harder it is to overcome the presumption they could say do phone answering work, sweep floors, wash dishes, take orders at a fast food place, etc.  

This is how many people like Jill and David will keep themselves off the rolls since their more like hobbies of Plexus and printing demonstrate skills that could used to work a real job or run a profitable business.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

Now that I think about it, Jill probably could qualify for SSI for having a serious (severe!) personality disorder. I honestly don’t think she could work with others for any length of time. But as noted, this wouldn’t be easy to qualify for and they would note that she has been able to sell Plexus from home. 

ETA - I did a little research. She does meet many of the criteria.

To qualify for Social Security benefits with a personality disorder, you need evidence showing that your condition causes you to be unable to adapt to social or work situations and that the condition has caused long term problems. The disorder needs to cause at least one of these symptoms:

Autistic thinking (narcissistic, egocentric thought processes, such as fantasizing and daydreaming, that have little or no relation to reality. It is similar to dereistic thinking (see dereism), but the emphasis is on self-absorption rather than disconnection from reality.)

Seclusion

Inappropriate hostility

Inappropriate suspiciousness

Odd thought, speech, behavior, or perception patterns

Aggressiveness

Dependence

Passiveness

Constant mood disturbances

Impulsive, damaging behavior, especially regarding relationships

https://www.disability-benefits-help.org/disabling-conditions/mental-disorders

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

ill has confirmed that Jonathan wants to move to Ohio to live near the Rodpod. We don't even know what he does for a living, but will be be able to pull up stakes every few years as the Rods flee CPS?

Does his family not love him anymore? I wonder if BME demanded Renee/Kaylee?? to tell Jonathon that she will not marry him if he doesn't move to Ohio. I cannot imagine wanting to live so close to JillR, even if she is the mother of your bride.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jonathan is from Mississippi, right?  I for one would rather live in Ohio than Mississippi especially if I can live a couple of hours north or northeast from Wooster.

I thought he was a farmer, per Jill. I vote for anywhere that’s not within a couple hours of her!

1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

Courting or engaged means the same thing. 

They claim it doesn’t, though.

I guess they don’t care about having the marriage proposal be unexpected. I wonder what Kaylee really wants? 😥

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

The upstairs attic will be most likely Kaykay and J apartment after they marry. J will hand over all his $ to Jill. J and Timbot can have a lawn business together...

J is really a dumb guy if he marries into the Rod circus!

Where will Princess Nurie and her entourage stay during their visits if Kayjon move into the upstairs attic guest quarters (no heat, no air circulation, no bathroom, no privacy)? If Jonathan joins Tim's lackluster lawn business, they may all be doomed to poverty from the beginning. I suppose Jonathan has a burden to be a minister of a tiny church like everyone else in the Rods' circle. Timmy and David are his immediate competition. 

51 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I guess they don’t care about having the marriage proposal be unexpected. I wonder what Kaylee really wants? 😥

Ah, silly. It does not matter at all what Kaylee wants… it is all about what Precious Mama wants!

2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Jonathan is from Mississippi, right?  I for one would rather live in Ohio than Mississippi especially if I can live a couple of hours north or northeast from Wooster.

I would prefer to live wherever Jill is not.

2 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Hand sex baby! Oohh la la! 

That is what brought the downfall of the Smuggars' marriage!

• LOL 11