Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Too bad they’re sold out. I was just saying how much I’d like demented snowmen who stabbed each other in a murder-suicide as a pair of earrings.

I'm reading a book about Crown Prince Rudolf and Mary Vetsera right now, so I think I'm just going to start calling them the Mayerling Snowmen Earrings. . . . 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Too bad they’re sold out. I was just saying how much I’d like demented snowmen who stabbed each other in a murder-suicide as a pair of earrings.

I fondly remember the snowmen scenarios in Calvin & Hobbes several years ago.  There were murdered snowmen there.

ETA  A link with some goodies    http://funnybizblog.com/funny-stuff/calvin-hobbes-snowman-cartoons

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • LOL 10
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Turquoise said:

They look like they're made out of those Oxy acne pads I used when I was a teenager.
Poor dears.

Imagine what crafts they can do with some maxi pads and tampons! Oh wait the Rodlets are probably not allowed to use tampons 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jonathan wants to be a part of this family? I’m questioning his intelligence level… Or what’s wrong with him in general to marry a Rodlet? Maybe he is like Timbot ? I don’t get it.

581A7F9B-A9F3-4189-AA4E-0F01E7E8D5A0.jpeg

He is a moron just like them, plus he wants sex! 

• LOL 7
25 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

And they are cheaper! I wouldn't pay $10 for the crap they are making. 

I went to my go-to ETSY (I shopped alot on there last year when we were locked down 🙄).  But I have a cousin who has a small business in Maine (she and her husband) and they were hit hard.  So I went back to Etsy a few weeks ago and ordered some candles from these great guys.  My candle was here so fast.. they wanted to give me a 20% discount for my next order.  NO.  I love supporting small business.   JMO (oh and my cousin is Mrs. Nelson's grandaughter - if you live up here.. you know about Mrs. Nelsons)  She and husband bust their butts and make the BEST chocolate.  RANT OVER  I think the shop (if you like candles) is CANDLES FOR CHANGE.  Tyler and Trevor.  Great guys  Oh and if you want great chocolate /nelsonscandies.com/  I send this to my hairdresser and she hides it from her husband..lol  I still buy some stuff from QVC - just so i don't get suspended again.

Edited by Boston
forgot
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Boston said:

I went to my go-to ETSY (I shopped alot on there last year when we were locked down 🙄).  But I have a cousin who has a small business in Maine (she and her husband) and they were hit hard.  So I went back to Etsy a few weeks ago and ordered some candles from these great guys.  My candle was here so fast.. they wanted to give me a 20% discount for my next order.  NO.  I love supporting small business.   JMO (oh and my cousin is Mrs. Nelson's grandaughter - if you live up here.. you know about Mrs. Nelsons)  She and husband bust their butts and make the BEST chocolate.  RANT OVER  I think the shop (if you like candles) is CANDLES FOR CHANGE.  Tyler and Trevor.  Great guys  Oh and if you want great chocolate /nelsonscandies.com/  I send this to my hairdresser and she hides it from her husband..lol  I still buy some stuff from QVC - just so i don't get suspended again.

Just ordered myself some Old Fashioned Toffee from Nelson's! My very favorite!

Got the confirmation email at 1:08pm. Got the "your order has shipped" email at 1:11pm!

Edited by Westiepeach
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Westiepeach said:

OMG. 2nd row, 1st item on the left. Toilet seats???

Nope "Round and Unique" according to the description,

Wow they are so sad.  You'd think she'd actually allow the girls to buy some beads in order to allow them to actually create something halfway decent.

• Love 7

Is it believable that people actually have the Not-Nurie arts & crafts projects in their carts?  That screenshot suggests that at least three customers are shopping for badly-made earrings.  I always wondered how that "10 people are viewing this item RIGHT NOW" actually works and if it's legit.  Based on that photo of their supposedly highly sought-after items, I have to think it's some kind of marketing ploy.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Just ordered myself some Old Fashioned Toffee from Nelson's! My very favorite!

Got the confirmation email at 1:08pm. Got the "your order has shipped" email at 1:11pm!

Thank you.  They work so hard.  and let me know what you think about it!!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sagittarius sue said:

I fondly remember the snowmen scenarios in Calvin & Hobbes several years ago.  There were murdered snowmen there.

ETA  A link with some goodies    http://funnybizblog.com/funny-stuff/calvin-hobbes-snowman-cartoons

Thank you so much for the link, @sagittarius sue!  I had forgotten how good those were.  I emailed the link to my kids and their spouses.  Calvin and Hobbes was really popular when they were teens, so I know they will love them!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I used to sell on Etsy, at that time you could join a team. Team members would favorite each other’s items, add them to their carts, and sometimes make purchases & leave reviews. This places you higher in the algorithm and helps you make it to the first page in searches. Don’t know if it still works that way though.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

There is a thread on Rddit about their jewelry listings.  I wonder if some of those people are putting things in their cart to kind of sabotage sales.  Not accusing anyone but I've seen crap like that go down before.

Placing an item in your cart doesn’t make it unavailable to others, they can still be purchased. It just helps you remember later what you were interested in, and may actually encourage some shoppers to purchase the item knowing that others are interested and might buy it before they can.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Who would you rather have as a MIL? Jill or J'Chelle?

You would have to decide if you wanted more money (pick Meech) OR if you wanted more Xanax (pick JillR).  Ooo, that's tough...

• LOL 5
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Placing an item in your cart doesn’t make it unavailable to others, they can still be purchased. It just helps you remember later what you were interested in, and may actually encourage some shoppers to purchase the item knowing that others are interested and might buy it before they can.

Correct. I've never seen any sort of shopping site where putting an item in a cart makes it show up as unavailable to others. It's still up for grabs until someone actually buys it. Who would buy this stuff I will never know, but someone clearly is. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2