Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

BME has been working on Tessie’s eyebrows again.  They are now pencil thin.  Also, y’all have to check out JRod’s “orchestra” practice at church FB video.  It’s a whole new level of awful, and I’m not kidding. 🙉

the "orchestra " of 9 rodriguii and 2, just 2, other people. i have never seen an "orchestra" with 3 guitars, a banjo, 2 mandolins 3 violins, a clarinet and a trumpet..... it is really something

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

Waiting with bated breath on Jill’s reaction on the Duggar verdict… 

I guess she will pretend she wasn’t in love with the Duggar family fame and fortune. No more leg hum ping from Jill.

Jill call me I want to buy some plexus please! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, crazy8s said:

the "orchestra " of 9 rodriguii and 2, just 2, other people. i have never seen an "orchestra" with 3 guitars, a banjo, 2 mandolins 3 violins, a clarinet and a trumpet..... it is really something

And why are two of the girls barefoot?

3, 2, 1. Jill's video minute about how wives must be submissive to keep their husbands away from evil sexual temptation in the world. Take that, Nurie's husband Nathan Keller's sister married to a famous Duggar!

Oh, but there is the free week at the Texas beach house from Suzanne Keller. OK. Maybe no comment, Jill. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, crazy8s said:

And a barefoot girl. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, AnnaBaptist said:

And why are two of the girls barefoot?

I just saw that you had already posted this when I made my last post. In the recent  family picture on the Rodrigues Facebook page all of the girls in the front are barefoot. All of the boy in the front are wearing shoes. Is this some kind of fundie cult thing? Are they sending a subliminal message? I find it  odd that they are frequently pictured not wearing shoes even in the winter. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I just saw that you had already posted this when I made my last post. In the recent  family picture on the Rodrigues Facebook page all of the girls in the front are barefoot. All of the boy in the front are wearing shoes. Is this some kind of fundie cult thing? Are they sending a subliminal message? I find it  odd that they are frequently pictured not wearing shoes even in the winter. 

Exactly! They are in Ohio, if I remember correctly. It has been in the low 40s in Ohio, mostly overcast and damp. If they were in Hawaii, I could understand this, but Ohio? Put some shoes on those girls! These aren't young girls who might kick off their shoes to run around and play, either. The girls look like they are 13 or 14 or so. They are in church, too, so it seems extra strange to me that they are barefoot. 

Why are arms and legs supposed to be covered, but girls/women can go around barefoot? I seem to recall someone saying that Gothard had a foot fetish, but I could be wrong.

• Love 12

A post by Nurie on Jill’s Facebook:

It is always soooo hard to say good bye to my wonderful Mama, after we have spent such sweet time together.  I cherish every moment we have together! She is literally my best friend ( outside of God and my husband) . Whenever I am down and discouraged,  she always has a way of encouraging me in the Lord. She sacrifices sooooo much to make everyone around her feel so loved and special.    Behind closed doors and when no one is looking,  she continues to be a  woman of faith,  love , kindness,  hard work,  compassion, diligence,   joy, and soo much more! 💖  
   Thank you, Mama, for investing soooo much into my life. Thank you for always being there for me and for always allowing me share my heart with you. It seems like you are always looking for ways to serve your family and others! You set such a stellar example to me and all your children.  I truly feel like the most blessed daughter in the world! 
       Love, Nurie

26 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

OMG. I've read so much of the cr*p that's on JillR's social media over the years, but this one almost made me barf. Maybe I'm more sensitized to abuse after these two weeks of following Josh Duggar's trial, or maybe this is just so fecking OVER THE TOP narcissistic fodder - but I'm staring at that post almost in horror. If Nurie really wrote it then JillR's need to be fed praise and attention must be almost out of control at this point. Hell even if Nurie didn't write it and Jill wrote it: same thing.

I mean, think about it. Nurie's a young woman with a new-ish marriage and a newborn. She traveled back to her family of origin which is quite large. She got to visit with her siblings and her father as well as her mother. They no doubt went to church where she got to see people she'd come to know there.

But not a word about anyone except Jill.  I don't know why, but I find that post scary, and I haven't reacted that way to any of the rest of JillR's narcissistic rantings on SM.

Lord, I hope I'm overreacting. 

9 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I hope Jill wrote that, I really do. Otherwise, this is the writing of a grown woman with her own child writing with the emotional maturity of an early teen. It's heartbreaking what these narcissist nightmares do to their children and sickening that they hide it behind so-called godliness. 

I really believe JillR is a sick woman. Besides Josh she really is the only one I'm willing to peg a diagnosis on. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

OMG. I've read so much of the cr*p that's on JillR's social media over the years, but this one almost made me barf. Maybe I'm more sensitized to abuse after these two weeks of following Josh Duggar's trial, or maybe this is just so fecking OVER THE TOP narcissistic fodder - but I'm staring at that post almost in horror. If Nurie really wrote it then JillR's need to be fed praise and attention must be almost out of control at this point. Hell even if Nurie didn't write it and Jill wrote it: same thing.

I mean, think about it. Nurie's a young woman with a new-ish marriage and a newborn. She traveled back to her family of origin which is quite large. She got to visit with her siblings and her father as well as her mother. They no doubt went to church where she got to see people she'd come to know there.

But not a word about anyone except Jill.  I don't know why, but I find that post scary, and I haven't reacted that way to any of the rest of JillR's narcissistic rantings on SM.

Lord, I hope I'm overreacting. 

Also disturbing that Nurie (if she actually wrote this) is still completely blind to Jill’s hypocrisy, judgment, and pathological narcissism.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I really believe JillR is a sick woman. Besides Josh she really is the only one I'm willing to peg a diagnosis on. 

Personality disorder for sure. 

• Love 10

The 12 year old I used to watch, wrote a more mature message for her dad and stepmom at their wedding. It made me cry when I read it. Nurie sounds like a 5 year old, if she actually wrote it.
If Jill is behind all these "mama is great" posts, she really is starved for attention.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There’s no doubt that JRod is severely mentally ill.  She proved that when she went to the funeral of complete strangers, live-streamed the service and took selfies in front of the caskets.  A normal human being would not do that.  A normal person wouldn’t take pictures/selfies in the ER immediately after two daughters had a car wreck.  A normal person wouldn’t cram 13 people into an RV and call it home for over a year (or two?).  I could keep going but these 3 examples make it blaringly obvious that Jill, in all seriousness, is truly batshit crazy.  There’s a reason why David always seems so “checked-out”.  How could he endure the craziness, otherwise?  My heart breaks for the 13 children who have had no choice but to live with the insanity.

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

05C15BD6-7C6C-45E9-8E86-FC52F9AAD5A1.jpeg

So Jonathan is around… how severely precious indeed 

Kaylee loves Jonathan. My guess is they are engaged. Jill will soon post cringe worthy pics of the happy couple.

His “weight he pushed?” Does she mean benched?

• LOL 14
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Welcome, Nehemiah David Keller- Nathan & Nurie's first baby! 😊💙

(If you watch, turn your volume down)

Video:

I watched (not the whole thing).  I hate to shame anyone but Big Dave looks like an escapee from a mental institution and those sons - very unfortunate looking.  Other than that the video is a bore.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Are these photos current? If so, Jill again broke into the gym and pool of the hotel where she does her ladies' retreat. The place must be making just enough money off the retreat to put up with Jill and her drain-clogging brood. 

Yeah, the pictures are from the last couple of weeks. Looks like Jonathan and Nathan were there at the same time. I hope Jill let Jonathan sleep in one of the recliners. As if. 🙄

• LOL 1
41 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, the pictures are from the last couple of weeks. Looks like Jonathan and Nathan were there at the same time. I hope Jill let Jonathan sleep in one of the recliners. As if. 🙄

I thought Jill was referring to Jonathan's visit in September. He visited in November too?

43 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

If he's smart, he stayed in the hotel to get a bed, bathroom, and free breakfast. His being there gets Jill access to the facilities too. Wonder what Jonathan's spending power score is? Can he outdo Nathan? 

• Love 2

It is not just the drain clogging lint from their clothes, but it is not safe ro swim in water over one's head in long denim skirts and pants. These people are nuts and any hotel that allows this is a law suit waiting to happen should there be an drowing God forbid. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I think it's normal for new moms to find motherhood harder than expected and then look back at their own mothers with more respect and admiration. I hope Nurie is adjusting to motherhood.

Yes, it's Jill R and she has a need for attention. But maybe Nurie just wanted to send thoughts to her mom.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

It is not just the drain clogging lint from their clothes, but it is not safe ro swim in water over one's head in long denim skirts and pants. These people are nuts and any hotel that allows this is a law suit waiting to happen should there be an drowing God forbid. 

Maybe being litigious is Jill's newest grift. She could be good at it. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think it's normal for new moms to find motherhood harder than expected and then look back at their own mothers with more respect and admiration. I hope Nurie is adjusting to motherhood.

Yes, it's Jill R and she has a need for attention. But maybe Nurie just wanted to send thoughts to her mom.

I agree that Nuri may be appreciating her mom as she adjusts to being a mom herself, but why not just say that?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree that Nuri may be appreciating her mom as she adjusts to being a mom herself, but why not just say that?

I doubt she could articulate that. It's easier for her to write what she's always written. We have to remember how woefully uneducated the Rod spawn are.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
Rogue comma!
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I doubt she could articulate that. It's easier for her to write what she's always written. We have to remember how woefully uneducated the Rod spawn are.

And I doubt BME would go for a simple appreciation post. It has to be wildly over the top. She probably handed her phone to Nurie and dictated it, too.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm not convinced Nurie wrote that ode to Mama. I think Jill wrote it to herself from Nurie. 

And lest we forget, Jill is also woefully uneducated. But she's such a narcissist that she'll write letters from her children to assuage her massive ego.

• Love 11

I think Jill is the kind of lunatic who would write a letter to herself from Nurie to show off to the world and then use it as an example to browbeat her other kids into contests of who can praise her the most, even if they know Nurie didn't write Mama anything, while still guilt-tripping Nurie about her own nonexistent letter.

The over-the-top groveling we have seen from the kids who seem to have angered her (like Tim when he forgot her birthday or whatever) makes me think she is a special kind of hell and that she makes them compete with each other for attention all the time by demanding they pay her attention. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I can't imagine what everyday life must be like with her. I bet there's lots of shrieking and crying. 

I imagine it's unbearable. You know how they used heavy metal to break Noriega after days? I bet a few hours with Jill would have had him snapping a lot faster.

• LOL 16
  • Love 2