Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

In regards to Nathan getting a "pastorate position" or however Jill worded his title, it's entirely possible it's not as the head of an entire congregation. He could simply be head of youth ministry, or lead a newly married small group, or even just involved with weekly upkeep of the church building in a "serving" capacity and Jill is exaggerating what he's doing. If the leadership in a church want to, they can give the title of "Pastor" to whomever they choose, no matter how much formal education they have. I know a very churchy family; dad is head pastor and has his wife to help; their eldest daughter and her husband are in charge of praise and worship time and occassional sermons; their youngest daughter and her husband pitch in with music and media. All of them are called Pastor  (insert name) even though the only one of them who has any sort of formal theological education is the father.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BigBingerBro said:

Does Nathan have the training and/or experience to be a Pastor?  Something doesn't add up...

He doesn't need any formal training to be an IFB pastor.  He only needs to be called.

• Love 9

Jill edited that post, removing all mention of Nathan's supposed new job. She also said he had a "degree. "  Who knows what "bible college" gave him what was likely a certificate for a 2 semester course like what Nurie and Kaylee did.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Yes, that's the one. After I have looked at it longer, I guess it is just his normal somewhat vacant look. When I first saw it though, he looked really more mentally challenged.

He looks like he is grimacing 😬. Must be time for his snack and nap time.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

He looks like he is grimacing 😬. Must be time for his snack and nap time.

I'd be asking if he needed to go to an ED because he looks like he's having a stroke- his smile is asymmetrical and one eye droops. Or- that's just him?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill edited that post, removing all mention of Nathan's supposed new job. She also said he had a "degree. "  Who knows what "bible college" gave him what was likely a certificate for a 2 semester course like what Nurie and Kaylee did.

Interesting, I wonder if Nathan grew some balls and told Jill to take down that information about him? I hope so.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

I'd be asking if he needed to go to an ED because he looks like he's having a stroke- his smile is asymmetrical and one eye droops. Or- that's just him?

That’s just his regular HUNKY face. HUNK doesn’t look well in general. My guess high blood pressure and diabetes... I doubt Jill will ever say what’s wrong with him.

I don’t know anyone who had a stroke. 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

I bet Nurthan decided to spend Xmas alone lol. Does Jill expect them to visit her 20 times a year and buy her crap year round? Silly me and a silly questions... The answer is YES. 

Maybe Nurthan is doing Xmas alone, but I think this year will be the Kellers'. Next year, Jill will get Christmas but she will have to work it around her more coveted beach vacation. I'm sure she'll manage regardless of inconvenience to anyone else. 

Nurthan had better think twice about spending a couple weeks in summer in Jill's "upstairs attic" guest room with the metal roof. It will be miserable. 

• Love 14

I'm not good at identifying the Rodriguii kids. The very pretty dark haired daughter, who may be the one whose eyebrows Jill recently destroyed...anyway, I watched Jill's Christmas decorating videos on FB and I saw that daughter's apprehensive smile and giggle. The smile & giggle she knows is expected when BME turns the camera on you. It gave me chills. JillR is a narcissistic monster! 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I'm not good at identifying the Rodriguii kids. The very pretty dark haired daughter, who may be the one whose eyebrows Jill recently destroyed...anyway, I watched Jill's Christmas decorating videos on FB and I saw that daughter's apprehensive smile and giggle. The smile & giggle she knows is expected when BME turns the camera on you. It gave me chills. JillR is a narcissistic monster! 

That’s Tessie/Tessa I forget which name.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

This is one of the creepiest things about this creepy family. The kids learn at a very young age to be on alert for BME's camera and to break into a huge, painful-looking grin on cue just as the camera gets to them. Anybody who doesn't put on the biggest smile ever probably get punished.

All Jill's photographs and videos of her kids look like hostage material. It's clear when Nathan photographs Nurie, her smile is relaxed and genuine. When Jill photographs her, she looks like someone has a gun pointed at her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't know where the post is about the Duggar plane leaving TN at 6:15pm, but I just saw a short clip of Katie and Travis leaving the wedding and it was very bright out.

Yeah, I think their wedding was late morning or very early afternoon. The bridesmaids were up at six a.m. for hair and makeup, which fits with that timeframe for getting ready, taking pictures, etc. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 12/5/2021 at 12:03 PM, BradandJanet said:

It's clear when Nathan photographs Nurie, her smile is relaxed and genuine. 

I firmly believe that Nathan & Nurie are genuinely happy together. 😍

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Not sure how much peace Nurie gets. It's known that Jill talks to her for hours at a time. 

Nurie could be genuinely happy with Nathan and still miss BME and love their chats. She probably doesn't see how dysfunctional her family, and especially, BME, are.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Not sure how much peace Nurie gets. It's known that Jill talks to her for hours at a time. 

I thought Jill was too busy with all her shopping, decorating, hosting, Plexus, inspirational videos, soul saving, family vacations, grifting tours, women's retreats, etc., etc. to pester Nurie, but I'm sure it happens. It's not as if Jill is educating her own children or planning ways to feed them balanced meals. 

Nurie has her own home now and a husband who works. There is food on the table. That's a start. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Do you think Jill Rod is following the trial? 

Probably, and she’s probably in deep thought about some more  lovely minute with Jill episodes, that will make it obvious. She just needs the verdict first, to know which way she’ll go with her thoughts.

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I bet Jilly is pissed that Nurthan is spending the baby's first Christmas with Nathan's family. 

Oh, FFS, Baby’s First Thanksgiving was with her and GWE. I know the word “sharing” is not in her vocabulary, but she will have to get used to it.

• Love 6

Dearest Followers; We are, once again being SEVERELY persecuted as precious Tim(bits) was arrested for climbing the oldest wall in Ohio to chuck (I mean, prayerfully distribute) a stack of our godly pamphlets that my HUNK of husband works around the clock to print. Timmie had to try five times before anyone noticed and though we tried our best soul-winning on the officer who finally stopped him, satan has hardened his heart and Timmie may have to pay a fine, or something. But if Timmie ends up in the big house, I KNOW he will win more souls then certain other FAMOUS families who have turned away from the old ways and weallknowwhoimtalkingabout.  

Stay tuned tomorrow for an exciting surprise! Will one of the NotNuries start a GoToMeFund to cover Godly Lawyers fees? 

Edited by satrunrose
  • LOL 19
26 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

I bet Jilly is pissed that Nurthan is spending the baby's first Christmas with Nathan's family. 

At least this way she can play the martyr. "Poor Jill! First Christmas of her first grand baby and she has to miss it!!! What an amazing and self sacrificing SEVERLY GODLY woman!"

• LOL 9

10B2436E-1EC3-4979-B2F8-C942A8B3071B.jpeg

3 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill posted videos on Instagram. I can’t stand her so I’m not watching. Okay maybe later after a nice shot of alcohol 🤣

It’s just a bunch of Plexus blah, blah, blah. 

AAF2D040-976C-4D5C-8B90-7BD0413F205A.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Homeschooling. Ha, ha, ha. The Rods only do that to pose for pictures when they're not in the stink van singing for food, dusting the clutter in the house, or working in the print shop as child labor. 

Yes! That thing on Jill's head? It looks as if moths got to it first. 

Jill, women can't have jobs. Jobs are for men. You are just a helpmeet with financial benefits.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Good lord 14 or 15yr old Gabriel is shown sitting in the same size child's plastic chair as sofia (or Sadie) at a tiny child's desk

Typical.

eta in her stories, she said that the excuse that you can't afford Plexus comes from the devil. Yes, she said that. 🙄

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 6
23 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Good lord 14 or 15yr old Gabriel is shown sitting in the same size child's plastic chair as sofia (or Sadie) at a tiny child's desk

And he is probably studying out of the same books that Sofia and Sadie use. 

That thing on Jill's head looks like she glued mini marshmallows to a stretch band. Maybe the 2 daughters took a break from making earrings and have branched with headbands. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 12/4/2021 at 10:49 PM, Absolom said:

He doesn't need any formal training to be an IFB pastor.  He only needs to be called.

That's not true. He also needs to have a penis. No women or girls allowed! 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Jill is desperate for recruits for her Plexus pyramid. In her highly filtered video, she says she just got “payed” and therefore finished her Christmas shopping. Gee, I wonder what kind of gifts she bought for the children with her big payed check.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

Jill is desperate for recruits for her Plexus pyramid. In her highly filtered video, she says she just got “payed” and therefore finished her Christmas shopping. Gee, I wonder what kind of gifts she bought for the children with her big payed check.

And she had money left over!

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

She’s angling for that big Plexus vacation trip to Florida in March. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Ah, the good old smoke and mirrors posts that MLMers are pro's at. Pretend you make all the monies while not making all the monies because you have to spend so much just to have products to sell to your victims customers. 

Probably bought them all a thing from the dollar store. 

• Love 16