Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Huh? I clicked on the link but I must be blocked.

I have a secondary Insta account I opened just to follow JillR. The link works for me. It's an instastory with a bunch of videos which I don't have time to watch. They attended some sort of live event. Which included a ride in a horse drawn vehicle of some kind. Here are a couple of screenshots [ETA: yes one of them starts with a shot of horses' butts and I'm not too high-minded to post it]:

Screen-Shot-2021-12-12-at-8_17.51-AM.thumb.jpg.7360919a93faf59eda91bb95150a0324.jpgScreen-Shot-2021-12-12-at-8_14.39-AM.thumb.jpg.322e8190bd1eadf2efc60136f22ec17c.jpg

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The horses are too beautiful and regal to resemble gut with ears and manic overweight basement Barbie 

So true, but those large horse’s asses I could not resist.  Satan made me do it.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
On 12/10/2021 at 9:52 PM, ginger90 said:

A post by Nurie on Jill’s Facebook:

It is always soooo hard to say good bye to my wonderful Mama, after we have spent such sweet time together.  I cherish every moment we have together! She is literally my best friend ( outside of God and my husband) . Whenever I am down and discouraged,  she always has a way of encouraging me in the Lord. She sacrifices sooooo much to make everyone around her feel so loved and special.    Behind closed doors and when no one is looking,  she continues to be a  woman of faith,  love , kindness,  hard work,  compassion, diligence,   joy, and soo much more! 💖  
   Thank you, Mama, for investing soooo much into my life. Thank you for always being there for me and for always allowing me share my heart with you. It seems like you are always looking for ways to serve your family and others! You set such a stellar example to me and all your children.  I truly feel like the most blessed daughter in the world! 
       Love, Nurie

What is also very strange about Nurie's letter to her mom is that she never mentions her baby, or that Jill is a grandmother.  Seems like she would weavy in how she hopes she can be just 1/2 of the mom to Nemo that Jill is to her kids and that she is so happy that Nemo has Jill as his grandmother.  

• Love 17
8 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Very strange indeed. No mention of her child, her husband, her father, nor barely her siblings. Which only further leads me to believe that Jill writes these odes to Jill herself. I’ve noticed Jill never writes these ridiculous things about her own mother. 

She barely mentions Nathan as one of her other best friends (besides God and her mother), but that's it. 

I've always maintained that it is very telling that none of the kids ever post anything about their father. If they had their own social media and posted nothing about David, then I would attribute it more to David. But the fact that they post nothing about him on Jill's social media leads me to draw a different conclusion.

• Love 21
On 12/10/2021 at 3:33 AM, 65mickey said:
On 12/9/2021 at 7:56 AM, crazy8s said:

the "orchestra " of 9 rodriguii and 2, just 2, other people. i have never seen an "orchestra" with 3 guitars, a banjo, 2 mandolins 3 violins, a clarinet and a trumpet..... it is really something

And a barefoot girl. 

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me Nine Rodriguiiiiii, 2 other people, 3 guitars, one banjo, and 5 mandoliiiiins, 3 violins, one clarinet, a trumpet and a barefoot girl.

• LOL 20
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me Nine Rodriguiiiiii, 2 other people, 3 guitars, one banjo, and 5 mandoliiiiins, 3 violins, one clarinet, a trumpet and a barefoot girl.

Anyone who would give you all that for Christmas is really mean 😉

• LOL 15
4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

She barely mentions Nathan as one of her other best friends (besides God and her mother), but that's it. 

I've always maintained that it is very telling that none of the kids ever post anything about their father. If they had their own social media and posted nothing about David, then I would attribute it more to David. But the fact that they post nothing about him on Jill's social media leads me to draw a different conclusion.

Also it’s kind of strange that she never considered Kaylee or another sister a “best friend.” I guess Jill made sure that didn’t happen.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Also it’s kind of strange that she never considered Kaylee or another sister a “best friend.” I guess Jill made sure that didn’t happen.

Well, Kaylee and Renee have the earring "business" together, so they are at least working as a team with that. I have no clue how close they really are.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Well, being as JillRod probably writes the posts, she can be Nurie’s BFF. And once the other one gets engaged, Jilly will be HER bestie.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Well, being as JillRod probably writes the posts, she can be Nurie’s BFF. And once the other one gets engaged, Jilly will be HER bestie.

That’s what really irks me - Jill can be BFFs with all her daughters but they aren’t  (can’t be?) BFFs with each other. So Jill has 8 (or whatever) best friends but her daughters are limited to just hubby and mama. AND it’s an unequal relationship - Jill isn’t confiding personal stuff to her daughters like true friends can do.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me Nine Modestly Clothed Rodriguiiiiii, eight confused parishioners, seven DCS workers, six grifted meals, 5 mandoliiiiins, four good Olive Gardens, 3 violins, 2 other people, and a Plexus in a pear tree.

Fixed it for you (with thanks to Turquoise for the final gift).

On 12/12/2021 at 10:38 AM, sheshark said:

Merry Christmas from BME and GWE.image.jpeg.56a520f6ddc7b6e24ff9b4fc83982115.jpeg

Horses’ asses makes me think of Jim Bob.

• LOL 14

$10 that Kaylee will "ask" BME to be her matron of honor too. Honestly, for any normal person, if your daughter asked you, you would decline as you already have a role as the mother of the bride. This is especially true when your daughter has eight sisters (it was weird that Kelly Bates was in Michaela's wedding too)

Edited by Insert Username
missed word
  • Love 17
48 minutes ago, Insert Username said:

$10 that Kaylee will "ask" BME to be her matron of honor too. Honestly, for any normal person, if your daughter asked you, you would decline as you already have a role as the mother of the bride. This is especially true when your daughter has eight sisters (it was weird that Kelly Bates was in Michaela's wedding too)

I think that any Rod daughter would be afraid not to ask BME to be the matron of honor. The fury that would ensue would not be worth risking selecting someone else. She will probably fulfill the role of "Best Man" for her sons also. They will just rename the position Best Mama/Momma. And her dress will have to outdo that of the bride. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Insert Username said:

Yeah, except I doubt BME waits to be "asked." I think she just TELLS the daughter/bride she WILL be the Matron of Honor. And I am not holding my breath waiting for any of the RodBoys to get married anytime soon.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill reads on here. We were saying where is Jonathan… 

Now Jill mentions him a lot.

Hey Jon run away while you still have some money left.

3162DAFB-878A-4420-9EC7-22A9AADD26EC.jpeg

were there any pics of Jonathan? I thought the other guy in the weight lifting video with Nathan was Sammers. Not one pic of Jonathan and Kaylee together or date night with momma/daddy, Nathan/Nurie, Kaylee/Jonathan and Tim and um Renee. not one pic of them together since the courting announcement visit. Not in the thanksgiving pics at all.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

She needs 3 more victims 😂

I just can’t with this charlatan…

40C6623B-E973-4174-8926-206E98BF7998.jpeg

6EDA2B3E-316C-45FD-A415-5524BDE933DC.jpeg

I just noticed that Jill has unattractive hands which she accentuates with nail polish.  It would probably be better if she didn't wave them all over the place in her videos also.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

per Lawson Bates' instagram - Mediccorps is "on the ground in Kentucky" and were assessing damages. dude you all drove there, so never left the ground and you all are not in charge of "assessing" anything.

they are clearing brush/debris from homes and churches. then some lawbates video where he appears to be just being driving around where they are not working to take videos.

he tags #searchandrescue but i doubt they are involved in that at all

interesting no interviews with mediccorps on national news this time around. also from the pics, no duggars that i could see. Lawson, Nathan, with wifey clinging to is arm, Duggar hanger on Elijah Kaneshiro and a few others.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

per Lawson Bates' instagram - Mediccorps is "on the ground in Kentucky" and were assessing damages. dude you all drove there, so never left the ground and you all are not in charge of "assessing" anything.

they are clearing brush/debris from homes and churches. then some lawbates video where he appears to be just being driving around where they are not working to take videos.

he tags #searchandrescue but i doubt they are involved in that at all

interesting no interviews with mediccorps on national news this time around. also from the pics, no duggars that i could see. Lawson, Nathan, with wifey clinging to is arm, Duggar hanger on Elijah Kaneshiro and a few others.

Guess what, Lawson? I “assessed” the damage last night as I watched our news’ extensive coverage of the area (I’m in Ohio so it’s covered in depth).

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Guess what, Lawson? I “assessed” the damage last night as I watched our news’ extensive coverage of the area (I’m in Ohio so it’s covered in depth).

I'm not even in the area but I've devoted some time over the past few days to assessing the damage by watching news coverage and several YouTube videos. (And it's so heartbreaking to see how bad the damage was in so many towns. Mind boggling. Grievous.)

I hope Lawson's actually doing some good and at least isn't getting in the way of people who are helping.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, crazy8s said:

were there any pics of Jonathan? I thought the other guy in the weight lifting video with Nathan was Sammers. Not one pic of Jonathan and Kaylee together or date night with momma/daddy, Nathan/Nurie, Kaylee/Jonathan and Tim and um Renee. not one pic of them together since the courting announcement visit. Not in the thanksgiving pics at all.

I did not see any pics of Jon. Maybe he told her not to take/ post his pictures? 

• Love 3