Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Whatever damage Tim caused to the other vehicles will be covered by his liability policy. I am pretty sure this coverage is required by law in all states if you drive a car. If he doesn't have collision coverage the damage to his vehicle will not be covered. 

There will probably be a deductible won't there? And knowing Jill, they probably have a high one in order to have a lower payment. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

There will probably be a deductible won't there? And knowing Jill, they probably have a high one in order to have a lower payment. 

Exactly this. And I can’t imagine how high even the most basic coverage will cost him after 3 moving violations. Is he driving without insurance now? 

• Love 10

If he is driving without insurance he will be in big trouble. I think the deductible would apply it he files a claim on the collision coverage for his vehicle. Not sure if the liability has a deductible. How old is this kid?  Yeah 3 moving violations will cause his insurance to go through the roof. It might be cancelled. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill has admitted in the past (at the time of Nurie's accident) that they carried the bare minimum insurance. I imagine that applies to Timbits as well, although his nay be higher now due to the two prior speeding violations.

Not “may” be higher. I’m 💯 sure it’s a lot higher, if he even has any currently.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

Not “may” be higher. I’m 💯 sure it’s a lot higher, if he even has any currently.

Yeah, you're 100% correct. After the accident, his insurance must be through the roof. And as you noted, he may well have cancelled his policy. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, you're 100% correct. After the accident, his insurance must be through the roof. And as you noted, he may well have cancelled his policy. 

Is Tim still under age 25? I believe males under age 25 are already rated for higher premiums, so if he's got prior moving violations or chargeable accidents, he's got to be facing high premiums, assuming he can find insurance at all.

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Under 25 and 3 accidents? Wowsa, I think they might just drop him if he hasn't cancelled already. And if he has cancelled, be ready to pay.

What morons these people are!  

Edited by libgirl2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
Just now, libgirl2 said:

Under 25 and 3 accidents? Wowsa, I think they might just drop him if he hasn't cancelled already. And if he has cancelled, be ready to pay.

What morons these people are!  

Two speeding tickets and the accident I posted about above. 

• Useful 5
7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Two speeding tickets and the accident I posted about above. 

I remember when I was about 25 and I got my first speeding ticket. I had State Farm and I was moved into the "high risk" category and boy did my rates go high. Now, I'm 56 years old and pay the lowest rate I have ever paid in my entire life.... until I get too old and then it will go back up! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 7

Jill should be happy, her thread is "hot" again. 

Just now, Cinnabon said:

That was truly a scary accident Tim had on the freeway. Why no post from Jill thanking her god for keeping him safe?

He is lucky no one was seriously injured or killed. 

1 minute ago, 65mickey said:

If he was driving without insurance he will be in trouble with the law an he will probably be sued by those whose vehicles that he damaged. 

Yea, and Jill doesn't have Duggar money to afford a big time lawyer if he is sued. And what if someone were seriously injured or killed? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

That was truly a scary accident Tim had on the freeway. Why no post from Jill thanking her god for keeping him safe?

Because her son caused the accident and she doesn't want this out there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
Just now, 65mickey said:

Because her son caused the accident and she doesn't want this out there.

There you go.... she knows people will rake her and over the coals. Maybe that is why we are getting "knee" posts now? 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Because it isn't all about her? And she can't twist it that way.

• Love 9

I know it feels like Covid has been going on for decades at this point, but we're still not at the two year mark (at least in the US).  How in the hell did Timmy get himself 3!!! moving violations in that small time frame?  I've been driving 24 years now.  I've never had any ticket/violation.  Hell, I've only been pulled over one time, and he let me go with a warning.  I can't help but wonder if there's sometime more serious going on with Tim (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).  **Makes me wonder if this will get Jilly talking about her precious boy again**

And, Jill, honey?  We know you lurk here.  There is no way you could have all that damage to one knee and still be out traversing the east coast trying to convert people who are already Christian.  You already found dear Daniel of the Laundromat.  Take him as your win and just stop God-bothering folks.  Oh, and while you're at it, take that self-righteous attitude you have in regards to your sister and STFU already.  Since you seem to like competition, go try out for The Correct Christian Survivor.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

I would venture to say a lot of us, or at least we all know people, that have had knee issues. Many with several torn “things.” And I am pretty sure we/they have all weathered through the storm and are back in the game with little to no problems.

Suck it, Jill.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

i think timbits also had a prior accident.  I seem to remember Jill having a post about a "fender bender" and how he was working so very hard to earn the money himself for repairs, unlike other guys his age.....

I could be wrong and it was a car breakdown that had need for repair. It was quite a while ago.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

i think timbits also had a prior accident.  I seem to remember Jill having a post about a "fender bender" and how he was working so very hard to earn the money himself for repairs, unlike other guys his age.....

I could be wrong and it was a car breakdown that had need for repair. It was quite a while ago.

I'm also remembering something like that. I think he was driving to work on a snowy icy night and his car slid out of control and SEVERELY hit a curb. He wasn't injured but his car was damaged. Jill's rendition of the story was typically dramatic. ETA: Now that I think about it, I think Jill said that "the curb SEVERELY damaged" his car. I remember thinking, sure, Jill, that curb just reached out and damaged his car. Not. How about, his car was severely damaged when he lost control and it hit the curb?

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
Just now, Jeeves said:

I'm also remembering something like that. I think he was driving to work on a snowy icy night and his car slid out of control and SEVERELY hit a curb. He wasn't injured but his car was damaged. Jill's rendition of the story was typically dramatic.

I remember that too! 

3 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Tim is a legal adult and doesn’t live with Jill, as far as I know, so she’s not responsible for his accidents. 

Yes he is, though he doesn't really seem like one does he? 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, iwantcookies said:

Jill might be trying to get on disability. Wouldn’t surprise me.

It's virtually impossible for Jill to get disability at her age and her nonexistent work history.  As far as I know, Jill has never worked a job where she was required to pay into social security.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

It's virtually impossible for Jill to get disability at her age and her nonexistent work history.  As far as I know, Jill has never worked a job where she was required to pay into social security.  

She could qualify for SSI.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

She can receive SSI. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

While you don’t have to meet a credit amount, it’s doubtful this particular injury would get her approved for SSI. 
**Not an authority on this by any means.

You're right, she would need much, much more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Timbot can ride a horse to work. Maybe a neighbor can rent him a horse and buggy. 

He really should not be driving anymore if he got into so many accidents. 

Shutter the thought he ever pilots a plane.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

SSI also has income and resource requirements that Jill would have to meet.  The disability also has to prevent all substantial gainful activity and be expected to last 12 months or longer.   She could fix this with surgery and two or three months of rehab.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, LilJen said:

See, the Rodrigues family is SO SEVERELY PERSECUTED that even the CURBS THEMSELVES are actively rising up and trying to injure Timothy to keep him from doing the Lord’s work.

Curbs are the work of the Devil.  See also, stairs, end tables that stick out a half inch too far, some door handles,  etc.

• LOL 15
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Curbs are the work of the Devil.  See also, stairs, end tables that stick out a half inch too far, some door handles,  etc.

5 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

And routers. Don't forget the Satan-infected routers.

And green bean cans. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Tim is a legal adult and doesn’t live with Jill, as far as I know, so she’s not responsible for his accidents. 

She’s absolutely not responsible, but I would feel incredibly grateful that he survived and no one else was hurt, if i were her.

• Love 5