Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, CouchTater said:

The Nathan Keller family (🙄 #sayings of JillRod) looks really nice in the Christmas pics.  I just wish Nurie would hold her head up straight. 

It's hard to break the many years of programming by Jill to tilt her head towards Jill in all pictures.

• Love 5

Nurie looks so happy and relaxed.  I hope she truly is content in her marriage, motherhood and life in general.  She will probably never be completely out from under BME’s thumb and influence, but she looks so much happier with some distance between them.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

Nurie looks so happy and relaxed.  I hope she truly is content in her marriage, motherhood and life in general.  She will probably never be completely out from under BME’s thumb and influence, but she looks so much happier with some distance between them.

I hope she manages to have a chat with the not!Nurie that's next in line to be evicted and tell her to move the hell away from BME. 

• Love 10

I was skeptical of Nurie being married off assuming that Jill pulled most of the strings but Nathan and Nurie seem genuinely happy together. They make for a cute little family. Hopefully they realize it is acceptable to remain a little family for as long as they would like and not feel pressure to pop out kid after kid. 

• Love 20

hahaha,  oh Jilly you are a true miracle, barndo deep cleaning, church decorating, christmas outings and all done with that knee that has everything torn and causes you so many tears.

not fooling anyone Jilly - your kids did the cleaning after some doses of the pink drink that gave them energy and cleared their brain fog, while you sat in the recliner with your pillows and blankets

• Love 21
11 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Let's play spot all the places a TV could be hidden. We know there's at least one there, Jilly. 

This is too easy.  That map should be laying flush against the wall.  And, does anyone believe the Rods would choose to have a giant canvas map of the world on their wall?

• LOL 7
  • Love 17

second TV behind the painting over the dresser in the love nest. Not sure why the secrecy, since she has shown both TVs in her videos multiple times. The kids all congregated in the bedroom to watch the ball drop on new years eve last year and the other tv was shown in the print shop, living room, laundry, hair dressing area.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Not sure why the secrecy, since she has shown both TVs in her videos multiple times.

Maybe she recently got some flack from a few Fundies about letting her kids watch TV and she decided that she doesn't want to alienate any potential sources of grifting. If that's the case, watch for her to hotly deny that she ever allowed a heathen television set into her home, despite the video evidence to the contrary.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

BME hiding the tv's reminds me of the story my dad used to tell us about when my great grandma would come to visit my grandparents house, as soon as they saw her cab pull up they threw a blanket over the TV to hide it from her view because she believed the devil was inside it. In her case I get it because she was born in 1875 and I can't even imagine all the things that changed during her lifetime. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

In addition to “deep cleaning” Jill needs “deep purging”. That Bardo is ugggglllyyyy.  As to Jill’s tacky decor, I will quote my late mother, “All of her taste is in her mouth.”

(Mom had a way with words…)

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

Those throw rugs look dangerous to me.  Especially at the bottom of the stairs.  And the corner of the larger rug is already turning up.  I wonder how many people have tripped already.  That's a lot of small rugs for a small space.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Maybe she recently got some flack from a few Fundies about letting her kids watch TV and she decided that she doesn't want to alienate any potential sources of grifting. If that's the case, watch for her to hotly deny that she ever allowed a heathen television set into her home, despite the video evidence to the contrary.

The living room TV was on full display in pics taken during Jonathan's visit. Stupid cow posted them. 😂

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

I suppose, in a weird way, putting a map over the tv is not much different from normal people keeping their TV in a cabinet and only opening the doors when watching.  But normal people do not lie about having a TV, or watching TV.  To me, it would not be convenient to keep opening and closing doors over the TV, but it would certainly be easier than taking a map down and putting it up all the time. I get the idea that JRod puts the map up because she wants to convince others that she doesn't have a TV.  It is a bad disguise, however.  We know you have a TV, Jill.  And we don't care.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Those throw rugs look dangerous to me.  Especially at the bottom of the stairs.  And the corner of the larger rug is already turning up.  I wonder how many people have tripped already.  That's a lot of small rugs for a small space.

Jill is trying to get everyone to SEVERELY injure themselves so they match ILL BME 

I agree I predict someone will break a leg when they trip while fetching GWE a snack while he is farting away watching TV on his new chair 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The living room TV was on full display in pics taken during Jonathan's visit. Stupid cow posted them. 😂

HUNK was in the chair watching TV lol. Jill is a hypocrite. Internet is 4 Eva and she posts too much. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

C53DA87F-2A0C-4563-B797-14DC064A8AF3.jpeg

D2AF03AE-76C3-4F20-9E1F-6F3465CEE63D.jpeg

Yeah Jill, those waist-high electrical outlets really scream “professional job”.  I would be horrified but not surprised if that place burned to the ground one day. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

I agree I predict someone will break a leg when they trip while fetching GWE a snack while he is farting away watching TV on his new chair 

Perhaps that someone might be a person willing to sue them.  I doubt very much that they have home insurance

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Kbo said:

Yeah Jill, those waist-high electrical outlets really scream “professional job”.  I would be horrified but not surprised if that place burned to the ground one day. 

I’m guessing HUNK is too obese to bend down to install electrical outlets properly 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, christine falls said:

The way she poured all the grease into the pot truly was nauseating. 🤢

I nearly upchucked when she poured in the grease.  I wouldn’t eat that mess if you paid me.  She SEVERELY needs to let the Amish women teach her how to cook a decent meal.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Is that everything? Cuz that's not a lot of food and I use the word food here very liberally because that soup is nasty looking. 

Jill burned those onions so badly and that pan will never be the same.  She may as well throw it away. She can't even carmalize onions!

That can't be enough soup for all of her kids and not even enough bread for one slice each.

Who would ever boast about burning dinner and post it!?

• Love 13

Did anyone else notice that the sides are "crusty bread and a fresh green salad"? Oh silly Jilly, we didn't believe it when the Duggars said it and if you're trying to pull that one off, you need to at least make sure there's enough bread and salad for 14. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Did anyone else notice that the sides are "crusty bread and a fresh green salad"? Oh silly Jilly, we didn't believe it when the Duggars said it and if you're trying to pull that one off, you need to at least make sure there's enough bread and salad for 14. 

That greenery isn’t salad.  It’s Christmas decor.  No healthful salad here to cancel out the grease. 🤢

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, sheshark said:

That greenery isn’t salad.  It’s Christmas decor.  No healthful salad here to cancel out the grease. 🤢

That's what I thought, too.  It seems to fit with Jill's weird need to put 'decorative' stuff on every surface.  I don't think it's a salad.  Jill probably feels the onions in the soup is enough vegetables for one meal, no need for salad.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I'm kind of amazed at how many of these fundie women, raised to believe that their only purpose in life is to have babies and keep house seem so darned bad at the cooking and cleaning parts of it. 

This astonishes me on the regular too. That soup looks like a bowel movement that should send you to the ER for a diagnosis, not something you serve to your family. 

I really enjoy cooking but got a comparatively late start on it. (Grad school was when I started cooking really. Before then, family or college cafeterias fed me.) So, I'm sympathetic to people who are learning the ropes as adults. But the fundies always seem so bad at even the very basics and they seem so clueless at how bad they are at it, despite this being their ostensible purpose. Like the Duggar girls and their slop recipes they used to post. They frame it as look at this good stuff you can make, just like us, like they're doing it as a favor to us.

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 12
  • Love 12

I don't cook that often because (a) I hate cleaning up and (b) I have a tiny kitchen so I have to clean as I go because otherwise I have no space.  But when I do get in the mood to cook, I do a decent job.  I also end up cooking enough that I have leftovers for a while.  Seeing Jill's pot of soup, I cook more for just me than she did for her entire family.  

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 13

Also there were carrots kind of floating in the soup bowl picture. Probably placed there so we think there were vegetables in the soup. Maybe JillR is secretly trying to harden Hunk’s arteries with all the grease she poured into the soup.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

That's what I thought, too.  It seems to fit with Jill's weird need to put 'decorative' stuff on every surface.  I don't think it's a salad.  Jill probably feels the onions in the soup is enough vegetables for one meal, no need for salad.

Don’t forget that the soup has carrots in it too (I assume those are carrots), so she actually outdid herself by adding something with color to the meal!  Yay, Jilldo! 🥕

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

For those who may have missed a previous year’s meal:

36385CB4-F871-45BA-A0F5-6EF7F1958762.jpeg

Yep, and that was while Nurie was still around as I recall so that small incinerated piece of meat was meant to serve 14. But, not to worry, it looks like there are 3 pans of cheesy potato stuff.

I'm making prime rib tonight for 8 and the piece of meat is probably twice the size of that ham.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 9