Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

For those who may have missed a previous year’s meal:

36385CB4-F871-45BA-A0F5-6EF7F1958762.jpeg

Jill is really nutz. I wouldn’t serve that “food” to a dog. Her poor starving offspring. They don’t deserve that woman for a mother…

Once Hunk got his share what was left for the kids? 1 spoon of slop each.

26 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

That looks worse than prison food. Yuck. 

323D6750-8C58-4C43-A096-BE63255185E7.jpeg

I would require a knife to cut the beef.  Unless Jill is hoping to perfect her Heimlich maneuver.

Edited by sheshark
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Cooking is my least favorite chore, but when I was a stay at home mom for ten years, it was part of my job. I learned a little from my mom and the rest I just figured out. My cooking skills are basic, but I can serve a good meal for our family and for guests.

JillR and the Duggar/Bates women should al be frigging chefs by now.

• Love 14

And the bread is just plopped on the table, no plate or napkin under it. And that looks to be about half of the available bread, so it must be Hunk's portion. Personally, I cannot stand drinking from a Mason jar like that. I know they were quite the rage several years back , but were very uncomfortable to me.

Just as an aside, does anyone else's autocorrect constantly change were to we're? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Considering the disgusting mess in that pot, God may have spoken to potential diners to suggest a fast is in order. 

I am suddenly feeling an urge to fast myself.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, sheshark said:

I would require a knife to cut the beef.  Unless Jill is hoping to perfect her Heimlich maneuver.

Even the carrots are not bite-size, especially for little kids.  Jill is just a lazy cook, I think, and has so little self-awareness that she actually thinks her meals look inviting.

Also, is that a spoonful of sour cream on top?  Because tossing the meat in without skimming the fat didn't make it fatty enough?

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Jill is just a lazy cook, I think, and has so little no self-awareness so she actually thinks her meals look inviting.

There, that's better. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rootbeer said:

That's what I thought, too.  It seems to fit with Jill's weird need to put 'decorative' stuff on every surface.  I don't think it's a salad.  Jill probably feels the onions in the soup is enough vegetables for one meal, no need for salad.

There's full sized baby carrots in that 'soup'. Probably just dumped the whole bag in it. 

1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill called it “bean, sausage and beef soup”.  I call it inedible slop. 🤢

I call it heart attack waiting to happen soup

1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

The food was burned and so much grease. Yuck. That is gonna give the HUNK diarrhea for a while. Maybe that’s his diet plan? 

Mmm nooooo thanks.

Still better than Plexus. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

The fact that today, when you can find a gazillion videos of easy recipes to make at home, Jill is still making that slop for her family is ridiculous. Of course, let’s be honest, one of the not-Nuries made that. But, still, it’s a reflection on how Jill has raised her daughters to be wives and homemakers. I mean, if that’s her only purpose in life, then she’s done a pretty poor job. I think it’s proof, again, that you can’t raise a bazillion kids well, even if you do keep them all home and under your thumb 24/7. There’s a limit to a parent’s time.  In all these fundie families, the ones that have stayed in the 8 kids or so range have seemed to raise kids that can function as adults (to a point), while the mega size families seem to have daughters that have no clue how to clean or cook. (Again, if that’s your goal in raising your kids, you’d think having grown daughters with diaper mountains and gray slop for soup would be embarrassing.)

• Love 13

It just hit me, but I think she's trying to mimic a Samsung frame TV with the canvas covering them. That would be a pretty big grift for her, but it's what all the DIY influencers are pushing recently. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Cooking is my least favorite chore, but when I was a stay at home mom for ten years, it was part of my job. I learned a little from my mom and the rest I just figured out. My cooking skills are basic, but I can serve a good meal for our family and for guests.

I hate cooking and I am not good at it. I currently have a mississippi pot roast in the slow cooker. It is super easy. I buy the pre-made mashed potatoes and frozen veggies. There are only 3 of us. If we had more I would be sure to adjust. This moron has all these kids but can't  get that you have to cook for them!!@

• Love 15
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

It’s so… shiny…

Doesn’t that woman even own a knife? Bite-sized pieces, people. Come on now, that is basic Cooking 101. And she says she “loves cooking for her family?” Sure, Jan…

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
Just now, beckie said:

Until I saw this, I thought I was a mediocre cook. Now I think, compared to this, I'm a gourmet chef.

I feel the same!

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I hate cooking and I am not good at it. I currently have a mississippi pot roast in the slow cooker. It is super easy. I buy the pre-made mashed potatoes and frozen veggies. There are only 3 of us. If we had more I would be sure to adjust. This moron has all these kids but can't  get that you have to cook for them!!@

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

If she posts these awful "special" meals, what does she cook/serve on ordinary days?  By the looks of her kids, not much is my guess...

I was wondering the same thing. If that's photo worthy, I shudder to think what isn't.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Yep, and that was while Nurie was still around as I recall so that small incinerated piece of meat was meant to serve 14. But, not to worry, it looks like there are 3 pans of cheesy potato stuff.

I'm making prime rib tonight for 8 and the piece of meat is probably twice the size of that ham.

If I’m not mistaken, they had guests that day, so that piece of charred ham was supposed to serve the Rods and an additional family.

1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

And she’s VERY proud of herself for cooking this slop

C9000741-E6F4-4B73-8FE9-A4B47C410E6E.jpeg

Uh…but which is which? Is that sausage, beef, or beans or all three…or none of the above? Because I thought they were black eyed peas or mushrooms or burned shallots in crisco. That looks absolutely disgusting whatever it is.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

And she’s VERY proud of herself for cooking this slop

C9000741-E6F4-4B73-8FE9-A4B47C410E6E.jpeg

I googled bean, sausage and beef soup, and there was no recipe to be found.  That means she threw a bunch of shit in a pot, stuck a name on it and called it dinner.  The batshit crazy bitch cannot cook to save her life, which means her daughters won’t know how to cook for their families either, unless they have mother-in-laws who can teach them.  

• Love 23
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

If I’m not mistaken, they had guests that day, so that piece of charred ham was supposed to serve the Rods and an additional family.

Uh…but which is which? Is that sausage, beef, or beans or all three…or none of the above? Because I thought they were black eyed peas or mushrooms or burned shallots in crisco. That looks absolutely disgusting whatever it is.

I think that is sausage, portioned out and rolled into balls, and fatty sausage at that; otherwise, there wouldn’t be that much grease in the skillet.  I don’t think there’s much meat in that nasty-looking concoction and from looking at David’s bowl of slop, it looks like he got most of it.  F’ing 🐖, sitting there eating like a damn pig while his kids look like starving concentration camp victims.  I’m having SEVERELY awful thoughts about BME and Shrek right now. 🤬

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

1. Jill cooks something that manages to be both insufficient and disgusting.

2. She proudly posts pictures of it on her social media sites. 

3. People comment on her complete lack of self-awareness thinking that a pot of grease  is a good meal.  

4. Jill cries that she's being persecuted. 

Suggestion to Jill: If you can't manage to put together something that looks edible, don't brag about it and plaster pictures all over the Internet. Reflect on what went wrong. 

For Kaylee's sake, I hope Jonathan wasn't there for that "meal" or if he was, he got the drowning carrot version that Davy had, not the beige slop in the pot. 

Edited by BradandJanet
grammar
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

1. Jill cooks something that manages to be both insufficient and disgusting.

2. She proudly posts pictures of it on her social media sites. 

3. People comment on her complete lack of self-awareness thinking that a pot of grease  is a good meal.  

4. Jill cries that she's being persecuted. 

Suggestion to Jill: If you can't manage to put together something that looks edible, don't brag about it and plaster pictures all over the Internet. Reflect on what went wrong. 

For Kaylee's sake, I hope Jonathan wasn't there for that "meal" or if he was, he got the drowning carrot version that Davy had, not the beige slop in the pot. 

She has no self awareness. To her, she's ALWAYS right and people who disagree are severely persecuting her.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill was so proud of this nauseating mess that she posted pictures. Here's one...

image.png.f4d1672447ab783bbb5c25e155094795.png

Haha, I showed the photos to my child and asked for their thoughts. They said “maybe it tastes good but it looks like vomit”

whole baby carrots just dumped in?

7 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Just as an aside, does anyone else's autocorrect constantly change were to we're? 

YES on the we’re were. It’s so annoying and it’s a recent change!  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, charmed1 said:

To me those look like burned and drowned Brussels sprouts .

• Love 5
8 hours ago, sheshark said:

My mother would scream at the drink (is that milk?) sitting on her table without a coaster, and I have no words for the slop and half a loaf of bread (for one person!) sitting directly on the table with nothing underneath, but good god, I just noticed the amount of butter on that piece of bread! That’s enough butter to choke a horse. I think I can see a reflection in it. I’m extremely cautious about sodium because of family history, so maybe I’m overreacting, but the butter looks about as thick as the bread itself. It looks like it would taste like eating a stick of butter. If this is his regular diet, no wonder Shrek is in the physical shape he’s in.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, charmed1 said:

My mother would scream at the drink (is that milk?) sitting on her table without a coaster, and I have no words for the slop and half a loaf of bread (for one person!) sitting directly on the table with nothing underneath, but good god, I just noticed the amount of butter on that piece of bread! That’s enough butter to choke a horse. I think I can see a reflection in it. I’m extremely cautious about sodium because of family history, so maybe I’m overreacting, but the butter looks about as thick as the bread itself. It looks like it would taste like eating a stick of butter. If this is his regular diet, no wonder Shrek is in the physical shape he’s in.

The milk is probably to help down the soup he is eating and the bread is probably to kill the taste in his mouth, lol!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, charmed1 said:

My mother would scream at the drink (is that milk?) sitting on her table without a coaster, and I have no words for the slop and half a loaf of bread (for one person!) sitting directly on the table with nothing underneath, 

I believe that's the table the pastor of their church handmade for the Rods because Jill was whining that her big, godly family had no place to gather to break bread and worship in their new barndo home. Why should Jill care about protecting the finish on the wood?  It was just another grift that cost her nothing. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Can’t wait for the pics of SEVERELY large PILES of gifts for MAMA and $1 gifts for the kids. Limit $1 per child.

Kids get to share 1 candy bar since it’s Christmas after all.

I'm sure Santa has arranged for the kids to compete for a single piece of candy just like the Easter egg hunt last spring where all of the kids looked for eggs, but only one got a chocolate bunny as a reward for winning.

6 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

I'm sure Santa has arranged for the kids to compete for a single piece of candy just like the Easter egg hunt last spring where all of the kids looked for eggs, but only one got a chocolate bunny as a reward for winning.

You are correct lol. They looked for baby Jesus. One of the girls is holding candy so very Easter like!