Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Nurie actually has a decent singing voice. And although it is amateur, she comes off better in her acting than she does in her interactions with her mother. I also think her acting is a little bit better than Nathan's.

Curious as to why they picked that song - "Christmas Time's No Time to Diet." Because evidently every other time is an important time to diet. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
43 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Nurie actually has a decent singing voice. And although it is amateur, she comes off better in her acting than she does in her interactions with her mother. I also think her acting is a little bit better than Nathan's.

Curious as to why they picked that song - "Christmas Time's No Time to Diet." Because evidently every other time is an important time to diet. 

I agree that Nurie’s voice is pretty, but her mannerisms are all Jill 😒

Edited by Totally
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I read that as "Christmas is no time to die" and thought well of course and that's probably some up-marketing for Jesus but then I realized I read it wrong, whoops. And then again COVID was no time to diet until I realized I had a doctor appt on Monday then oh man no way to lose 15 pounds before then. Sigh.

These people do serve a purpose to distract from other news and do break my Twitter habit up into smaller chunks of time. 

• Love 5

Anyone else somewhat uncomfortable watching one of Jill's kids sing about dieting?  Even though the song supposedly promotes eating at Christmastime, does anyone really think Jill's kids get to eat their fill ever?  Anyone think that Jill ever encourages healthy eating or doesn't suggest fasting for the Lord as a worthwhile penance for even the youngest kids?

• Love 17
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

does anyone really think Jill's kids get to eat their fill ever?

I have a feeling that they go through periods of minimal food and then have the occasion big dinner that gets grifted or some sort of potluck.

• Love 13

That poor young woman (Nurie) has been on a diet, practically from birth, I'd bet.

1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Anyone else somewhat uncomfortable watching one of Jill's kids sing about dieting?  Even though the song supposedly promotes eating at Christmastime, does anyone really think Jill's kids get to eat their fill ever?  Anyone think that Jill ever encourages healthy eating or doesn't suggest fasting for the Lord as a worthwhile penance for even the youngest kids?

Yes to your first query.  No and no to the others.  Very sad.

• Love 7

Kaylee Rod has had probably 4 or more inches of hair chopped off and has added bangs.  Her hair looks healthy, and she looks lovely.  Now if she can just bust out of that nuthouse so we can see her with a real smile, instead of a grimace.

ETA:  It looks like Jill is getting another cold sore, on her lower lip this time.  Must be from the stress of realizing that there may not be any more babies to be had. (Please, Lord, PLEASE!)

Edited by farmgal4
Added more info.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It makes me very uncomfortable, especially since we know food insecurity is a problem in their household. I think Jill encourages the kids to fast to make up for a lack of food. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

07850892-DD49-4157-B01D-C5CC69508F25.jpeg

E1623C38-9AD5-4EE0-B52F-FA847B8A9F84.jpeg

The bottom row of photos breaks my heart. Olivia is so thin and the horrible clothes and haircut just emphasize that. I get some kids are just naturally string beans (I was), but she just looks so sallow and fragile. I just want to slap the hell out of Jill for what she's doing to these poor children. Horrible bitch.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Do Nathan or Nurie have jobs? How can they travel whenever Jill demands them to?

Do any of these fundies have job?

All they seem to do is travel and take vacations. 

Joking aside, , Nurie doesn't work because she has a uterus. I think Nathan has a landscaping business with his brother?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think they know they're not going to get to eat much,they just have to make it seem otherwise

1 hour ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Do any of these fundies have job?

All they seem to do is travel and take vacations. 

Joking aside, , Nurie doesn't work because she has a uterus. I think Nathan has a landscaping business with his brother?

Yep.I guess he takes over when Nathan is gone.I bet the Kellers encourage it

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

That poor young woman (Nurie) has been on a diet, practically from birth, I'd bet.

Yes to your first query.  No and no to the others.  Very sad.

I feel that Nurie gets fed after all she has a different headship. 

• Useful 3

Seeing a puppy in the videos of the Rods’ ugly sweater party reminded me - didn’t we see pics a few months (or more) ago of TimRod with a new puppy? Wasn’t it a heeler? What’s become of that dog? we haven’t see the Rods’ little dog for a long time either.

• Love 3

The pictures of Olivia in the pastel dress and strange hairdo are reminiscent of the FLDS women. She does not look like a 9 yard old. Neither parent is petite or thin so it is concerning why all of their children are so thin and gaunt looking. Well Nurie looks like she might have gaind a pound or two since she got married. 

• Love 18

Abbie Duggar's brother John Clay Burnett and his wife Sarah went on a vacation to our nation's capitol earlier this week. It's unclear if they did anything other than enjoy the mild weather and walk around the city. 

Edited by Temperance
adding the timing
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1

Olivia's birthday breakfast party must have come courtesy of Nathan. Interesting photo. Olivia has a full plate of food in front of her, and Jill has a single piece of bacon and maybe a sausage or two on her plate. Jill's fork is facing the wrong direction. Bet Jill did some plate/food switching to show off how well she feeds her kids--a futile effort since the poor waif Olivia looks the size of a seven-year-old at most.  

I hope Jill can find an Ohio orthodontist to grift; Olivia and a few others need some work. 

I thought Nurie and Nathan's skit was cute despite the irony of the song, but Jill's witch cackle ruined it. That vain woman has to insert herself in  everything.  

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Olivia has a full plate of food in front of her, and Jill has a single piece of bacon and maybe a sausage or two on her plate. Jill's fork is facing the wrong direction. Bet Jill did some plate/food switching to show off how well she feeds her kids--a futile effort since the poor waif Olivia looks the size of a seven-year-old at most.  

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture! It wouldn't suprise me in the least if Jill swapped plates. Everyone of those kids have heads twice the size of their bodies. She's not fooling anyone in thinking they are fed decent meals. It amazes me that they can escape DHS or whoever else is called to check on this psycho family. Any agency that goes to their "house" and thinks they are fit parents are nuts!

• Love 9

Most kids I know would go for the pancake with syrup. I hope Olivia got to eat at least that.

Shrek changed out of his food and dirt stained Packers Christmas morning sweatshirt into a paint-splattered collar shirt for the refrigerator picture during Olivia's birthday photoshoot. He looks as if he stinks most of the time. As for Olivia's birthday outfit, why does Jill think that a thin summer dress with a cotton t-shirt under is suitable for a child to stand outside in winter in Ohio getting pictures taken? Jill must really resent that little girl to treat her so badly. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw that picture! It wouldn't suprise me in the least if Jill swapped plates. Everyone of those kids have heads twice the size of their bodies. She's not fooling anyone in thinking they are fed decent meals. It amazes me that they can escape DHS or whoever else is called to check on this psycho family. Any agency that goes to their "house" and thinks they are fit parents are nuts!

The problem is that there are so very many kids already in the system; kids who have far worse lives than the Rod kids.  There are kids whose parents are addicts, who are living on the street, who are getting no schooling at all, who have been assaulted both physically and sexually.  It's not that the social workers think Jill and David are model parents, it's that there are so many parents who are far worse.  The system doesn't have enough room for all the kids who are in imminent danger, there is no way the Rods are going to face any consequences, let alone have the kids removed from the home.  

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Most kids I know would go for the pancake with syrup. I hope Olivia got to eat at least that.

Shrek changed out of his food and dirt stained Packers Christmas morning sweatshirt into a paint-splattered collar shirt for the refrigerator picture during Olivia's birthday photoshoot. He looks as if he stinks most of the time. As for Olivia's birthday outfit, why does Jill think that a thin summer dress with a cotton t-shirt under is suitable for a child to stand outside in winter in Ohio getting pictures taken? Jill must really resent that little girl to treat her so badly. 

The HIGH temps in NE Ohio this week have been mid 30's at best.  Until yesterday, we hadn't seen the sun since before Christmas.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The problem is that there are so very many kids already in the system; kids who have far worse lives than the Rod kids.  There are kids whose parents are addicts, who are living on the street, who are getting no schooling at all, who have been assaulted both physically and sexually.  It's not that the social workers think Jill and David are model parents, it's that there are so many parents who are far worse.  The system doesn't have enough room for all the kids who are in imminent danger, there is no way kids like the Rods are going to face any consequences, let alone have the kids removed from the home.  

Sadly, you’re correct.

• Love 4
On 1/10/2021 at 10:28 AM, BradandJanet said:

Olivia's birthday breakfast party must have come courtesy of Nathan. Interesting photo. Olivia has a full plate of food in front of her, and Jill has a single piece of bacon and maybe a sausage or two on her plate. Jill's fork is facing the wrong direction. Bet Jill did some plate/food switching to show off how well she feeds her kids--a futile effort since the poor waif Olivia looks the size of a seven-year-old at most.  

I hope Jill can find an Ohio orthodontist to grift; Olivia and a few others need some work. 

I thought Nurie and Nathan's skit was cute despite the irony of the song, but Jill's witch cackle ruined it. That vain woman has to insert herself in  everything.  

they probably went to some kind of breakfast buffet. 

• Useful 1
22 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The problem is that there are so very many kids already in the system; kids who have far worse lives than the Rod kids.  There are kids whose parents are addicts, who are living on the street, who are getting no schooling at all, who have been assaulted both physically and sexually.  It's not that the social workers think Jill and David are model parents, it's that there are so many parents who are far worse.  The system doesn't have enough room for all the kids who are in imminent danger, there is no way the Rods are going to face any consequences, let alone have the kids removed from the home.  

While the Rod kids are bad off, there are a lot worse out there. Many are still stuck in bad homes too. We had a case in my city, the house was a pig sty, I saw the pictures, disgusting. Various people moved in and out of the home, drugs were around. CPS came in and didn't see cause to remove the child (or just didn't care or were overworked). Child reported missing like a week later. Mother on TV crying etc.... child later found dead under the couch. Family no longer cooperating with the police. 

5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

F84C99C1-09DE-49FC-A2A7-F25D35CCD58B.jpeg

It seems Jill really loves having Nathan as a son in law. From the looks of things Nathan wants his new bride to be happy and is very generous with her family, but as the years go on will he grow a little resentful of giving constantly. 

• Love 24
19 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

It seems Jill really loves having Nathan as a son in law. From the looks of things Nathan wants his new bride to be happy and is very generous with her family, but as the years go on will he grow a little resentful of giving constantly. 

It looks like JillR has placed herself across from Nathan while the young children appear to be at another table. She probably gives Nathan lots of attention, which he may enjoy. IIRC his mom scheduled 15 minutes of time per week for each Keller kid.

• Love 3