Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Considering how public she makes her family on social media, and the fact that CPS has investigated them before, I wonder if the family is already in the system and how difficult it would be to have them investigated again.  That stupid barndo alone has to be a major fire hazard, unfit for the number of people that are crammed in there.

That's why they moved to a different state.  CPS in West Virginia investigated them, and a couple of months later the Rods are in Ohio looking at houses.  The system is state specific, so all they have to do is keep on moving to a different state.  Now they are in Ohio, and get a new clock.  I do believe that concerned people do anonymously call CPS to report Jill, but those calls won't trigger an investigation.  Jill has a year or two of being able to abuse her kids in Ohio before someone local tips CPS off.  With the way Covid has f'ed everything up, they may have even longer.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Temperance said:

Jacob Wilson and his girlfriend Lundyn Smith welcomed a baby boy on New Year's Eve

Yikes! I’m not opposed to creative spelling of names, but I had to stare at this one for a minute before I realized it’s pronounced “London.” My mind automatically went to Luden Wild Cherry Throat Lozenges.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

That's why they moved to a different state.  CPS in West Virginia investigated them, and a couple of months later the Rods are in Ohio looking at houses.  The system is state specific, so all they have to do is keep on moving to a different state.  Now they are in Ohio, and get a new clock.  I do believe that concerned people do anonymously call CPS to report Jill, but those calls won't trigger an investigation.  Jill has a year or two of being able to abuse her kids in Ohio before someone local tips CPS off.  With the way Covid has f'ed everything up, they may have even longer.  

Everything is taking longer and/or getting lost with Covid. My mom was on Medicaid before she passed in November of 2019. I'm still waiting for them to settle on the bill as they never adjusted it for when my dad died, despite me telling them we would owe more a month. And we had a $2000 dental bill under her plan that I was told not to worry about, it would get settled with Medicaid. I knew it would take a few months, but this is crazy. At this rate, I will be in a nursing home when they come for the money we owe! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

We're also talking about this on the Bateses' board, but thought I should announce here that Josie Balka is pregnant with. #2. In the article, she admits that she miscarried while recovering from Covid. It doesn't sound like Covid caused the miscarriage, but here are two more Bateses' who had it. At this rate, who didn't?

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/josie-bates-is-pregnant-expecting-2nd-child-with-kelton-balka/

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

So those poor kids will be abused longer. Great. Just great. Fuck you, Jill. Fuck you. Jesus hates liars. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

So those poor kids will be abused longer. Great. Just great. Fuck you, Jill. Fuck you. Jesus hates liars. 

DCF records are all electronic now so its much easier for states to share records during an investigation.

Every phone call to DCF with sufficient information, meaning names, location and complaint will be looked into. If there's sufficient cause, one phone is all it takes. DCF doesn't wait for multiple complaints to look into what is going on. 

Unfortunately, from what I see through SM, the Rods would probably not lose custody of their kids. They are at the low end of the neglect threshold, but likely not low enough. In some households, what the JRod homelife looks like would be improvement enough to get kids back. The JRod belief system also complicates things as well. But unless those kids are covered in bruises or are being assaulted in other ways, they won't be removed.

Fortunately and unfortunately, parents have the right to raise their kids the way they see fit - to a point.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

We're also talking about this on the Bateses' board, but thought I should announce here that Josie Balka is pregnant with. #2. In the article, she admits that she miscarried while recovering from Covid. It doesn't sound like Covid caused the miscarriage, but here are two more Bateses' who had it. At this rate, who didn't?

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/pictures/josie-bates-is-pregnant-expecting-2nd-child-with-kelton-balka/

so they are praying "diligently" for the safety of this baby - did they not pray diligently enough for the miscarriage baby??

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4

wow the clothes are so bad david has his pants on crooked, Nathan, shorts and a sweater over another shirt? Nurie leggings under a skirt to walk on a treadmill in a church basement gym with the fam and the other boy in pants and a polo shirt?? and why are there so many pairs of shoes in the Nurie pic?

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

A polo shirt and a sweater? Nathan, please tell Nurie it’s OK to just wear tights. She’s still Godly. That was such a staged picture. I doubt Shrek broke a sweat. Well, maybe climbing up and down the treadmill.

• LOL 12

Who exercises in clothes like these? Ed Grimley is in an argyle sweater. David looks like he’s wearing a very modest skirt. Some indistinguishable Todd Flanders is dressed in a polo shirt and khakis and Nurie would look normal if she wasn’t wearing a ridiculous skirt on top of her leggings. Why not just wear a long t-shirt dress over the leggings if it’s that serious? I have a bunch of those that I bought from Walmart.

Edited by charmed1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

and why are there so many pairs of shoes in the Nurie pic?

Along with the shoes, is a pile of jackets on the floor. It’s a screenshot and I didn’t catch that part.

Went back and tried again:

5473A33C-AD19-4A16-917B-20CAB0CFAFAA.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

BDD30E88-B549-4B8F-AF32-E374D45F7C07.jpeg

240E90FA-ABCA-4C26-B625-199297F35324.jpeg

9B550E23-176F-429A-AB19-5EC0AC2CAEB3.jpeg

These people are human embarrassments.

And who's Paw Paw there next to Nathan? He looks even more ridiculous in his slacks, belt, and golf shirt than Shrek does in his Zubaz pants from the 90s.

I guess Nathan’s wearing a sweater because he’s cold? Don’t ask me why he thought to bring an argyle sweater in the first place. Why are they even at this dank basement gym?

Jill is such a weirdo. She had never gone to a school or worked at a job in her life, right? Cause it shows 🙄

• Love 9
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I would be surprise if Covid didn't play in the miscarriage. There's no way to be 100 percent sure, but I believe it's connected. Maybe they should have taken social distancing seriously?

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

TBH, I never heard of the Bates until I started visiting this forum. I can't off-hand ever remember coming across them in anything remotely resembling mainstream media since then. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's just not on my radar, and I'm a pretty voracious consumer of news/media, both respectably newsy stuff and less respectable pop culture stuff. 

I do see periodic mentions of the Duggars in media. 

I know a lot of people who vaguely know who the Duggars are ("Aren't they the ones with all the kids?"). I doubt anyone outside of fundie leghumpers and fundie snarkers really have the Bates family on their radar. 

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Nurie is looking so much healthier and loads happier than she did pre-marriage.

I wonder if she adjusts her eating when around her shrew mama. At least it’ll be temporary. That kind of control is hard to shake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Zella said:

TBH, I never heard of the Bates until I started visiting this forum. I can't off-hand ever remember coming across them in anything remotely resembling mainstream media since then. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's just not on my radar, and I'm a pretty voracious consumer of news/media, both respectably newsy stuff and less respectable pop culture stuff. 

I do see periodic mentions of the Duggars in media. 

I know a lot of people who vaguely know who the Duggars are ("Aren't they the ones with all the kids?"). I doubt anyone outside of fundie leghumpers and fundie snarkers really have the Bates family on their radar. 

The Bates started out as Duggar friends, briefly had their own show and then got the show they have now. The Today Show, Us and People all ran stories on Josie's pregnancy.

When the Duggars started out, (either before or in the early days of SM) the Today Show would do a segment on them whenever Michelle was pregnant and I believe for Anna's first pregnancy. So they really received very little attention in the early years, but the scandals and SM have pushed them into the 'limelight'.

So while still taking a backseat to the Duggars, the Bates are now getting more media attention, probably because of their connection to the Duggars and their present show, but I'm guessing if not for their heavy SM presence, they wouldn't be noticed any more now, than they were in the beginning. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Nurie is looking so much healthier and loads happier than she did pre-marriage.

I'm happy for her.My parents aren't fundy,but they're toxic in other ways.I recall being happy for the first time in my life when I got married and moved away from them.I had to elope since they wouldn't give me a wedding,but I'm glad I had the guts to do that

• Love 22

Looks like a potluck, and Jill provided the casserole that nobody wants to eat. Too bad no one thought to bring green beans, carrots, peas, a veggie platter--something outside of the starchy, beige food group. At least, there seems to be enough that the kids got  something to eat. Nathan and Nurie were lucky to escape this Covid spreader that might yet take down the Church of the Giant Neon Sign and most of the neighborhood. 

Addition: I think I see Nathan and Nurie. They wanted to bring some virus back to Florida, where it is in short supply right now. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, sondraK said:

I'm happy for her.My parents aren't fundy,but they're toxic in other ways.I recall being happy for the first time in my life when I got married and moved away from them.I had to elope since they wouldn't give me a wedding,but I'm glad I had the guts to do that

A soul sister!  I too had parents like you describe.  The day I married my husband and moved away was the happiest day of my life!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Man, those idiots sure like rolling the dice, don't they?

I responded with the sadface emoji but what we really need is a swearing/fist shaking/rage-filled emoji.  Because while I am indeed sad, I'm outraged about it.

• Love 12

Everything the Rod girls wear is ugly. Jill is determined that none of them will outshine her. 

29 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

So is that why Nathan was wearing the ugly sweater while working out?

I doubt Nurie and Nathan expected to pose at a gym for a photoshoot, so they wore whatever Jill put together for them. Jill apparently acquired a new shirt she wanted to show off at the gym, so off they went. 

8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I responded with the sadface emoji but what we really need is a swearing/fist shaking/rage-filled emoji.  Because while I am indeed sad, I'm outraged about it.

Jill and David are selfish, arrogant, and stupid. And they are proud of it. They are raising their kids to share these qualities. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Looks like a potluck, and Jill provided the casserole that nobody wants to eat. Too bad no one thought to bring green beans, carrots, peas, a veggie platter--something outside of the starchy, beige food group. At least, there seems to be enough that the kids got  something to eat. Nathan and Nurie were lucky to escape this Covid spreader that might yet take down the Church of the Giant Neon Sign and most of the neighborhood. 

Addition: I think I see Nathan and Nurie. They wanted to bring some virus back to Florida, where it is in short supply right now. 

Lots of chips and I think I see pizza rolls 

• Love 3

Are the horrid Plath parents friends of the Duggars?   I just finished watching season 2 of that show. and I cannot imagine why the Plaths thought a reality show was a good idea --well, except for the $$$.   I dislike Ma Plath more than Michelle Duggar, which surprises me because I cannot stand either of the senior Duggars.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

These people are human embarrassments.

And who's Paw Paw there next to Nathan? He looks even more ridiculous in his slacks, belt, and golf shirt than Shrek does in his Zubaz pants from the 90s.

This is really mean but Shrek’s pants look like he has had an accident and it ran down his legs.  I’m using an iPad so maybe they look different on a bigger computer monitor but to me they look like giant skid marks.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

A soul sister!  I too had parents like you describe.  The day I married my husband and moved away was the happiest day of my life!

^5! Nice to meet you,Soul Sister 🙂

• Love 4