Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Bates' are in full denial/publicity mode - Lawson on twitter Jan 9 2021

"One of my 2020 goals was finishing my National Certification for Emergency Medical Responder, and after completing training at@roanestate

I passed the@NREMT to become a licensed EMR. I look forward to future opportunities to make a difference in emergency and crisis response!"

he is obviously deleting/blocking any and all negative comments.

lb.jpg

Biggest douche ever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

"One of my 2020 goals was finishing my National Certification for Emergency Medical Responder, and after completing training at@roanestate

I passed the@NREMT to become a licensed EMR. I look forward to future opportunities to make a difference in emergency and crisis response!"

lb.jpg

I understand that EMR stands for Emergency Medical Responder. But what exactly does that qualify him to do? This is not the same as an EMT or a paramedic, or at least I assume it is different. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She says it’s from 7a today, until 7a tomorrow.

I didn't realize there was a set time when I posted. So today should be quiet with all the fundies boycotting? 

eta Anna posted about baking cookies. Maybe the Duggars didn't get the memo? 😁

Edited by emmawoodhouse
30 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

I’ll be willing to bet that Jill will spin the Sofia foot bath story to relate it to Jesus washing the feet of his disciples. 

That was my very first thought.  I am sure Jill orchestrated the whole post

• Love 6
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I’ll be willing to bet that Jill will spin the Sofia foot bath story to relate it to Jesus washing the feet of his disciples. 

I'm honestly surprised she hasn't already. I'm sure she will once her righteous, 24 hour, self imposed social media boycott is over.

• Love 6

The thing is, when you only "boycott" for a mere 24 hours, there's not much that anyone will miss with you being gone.  Conveniently, when you do come back on to the website, you haven't missed much from anyone else's postings. But of course it's about making a "big statement", so by giving up a whole day of SM, you can come back later and make a big, grammatically messed up, uninformed post about how you made a stand for what's right (while you made no real sacrifice). It's these half-assed, ignorant, attention-seeking stunts that take my feelings for these people from mere annoyance to near hatred. If you feel you need to stand up for your country, or your religion, or your rights, do it with some gusto and make a sacrifice. At least then I can perhaps respect something about you, even if I disagree with the point you're trying to make. 

• Love 20
17 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

The thing is, when you only "boycott" for a mere 24 hours, there's not much that anyone will miss with you being gone.  Conveniently, when you do come back on to the website, you haven't missed much from anyone else's postings. But of course it's about making a "big statement", so by giving up a whole day of SM, you can come back later and make a big, grammatically messed up, uninformed post about how you made a stand for what's right (while you made no real sacrifice). It's these half-assed, ignorant, attention-seeking stunts that take my feelings for these people from mere annoyance to near hatred. If you feel you need to stand up for your country, or your religion, or your rights, do it with some gusto and make a sacrifice. At least then I can perhaps respect something about you, even if I disagree with the point you're trying to make. 

24 hours for Jill IS a sacrifice. She's definitely addicted to SM.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I understand that EMR stands for Emergency Medical Responder. But what exactly does that qualify him to do? This is not the same as an EMT or a paramedic, or at least I assume it is different. 

According to google: EMT is emergency medical technician. EMR is Emergency Medical Responder. an EMT is a higher level of care than an EMR. ... EMTs can do everything an EMR can do with a slightly larger scope of practice including some medications as well as basic airway adjuncts and suctioning.

The red cross says: Emergency Medical Response is a dynamic 56-hour course featuring lecture, video, simulated emergency situations, discussion and hands-on skill practice based on the national EMS curriculum requirements and educational standards.

So way below the skill level of an EMT or a paramedic. My nephew is a firefighter. He did EMT training first which was weeks of training. Paramedic training was months long with practical work in ERs.

• Useful 14
  • Love 3

That foot washing thing was hella creepy, but I am really shocked that something about Jesus footwashing the disciples wasn't already in the post. I was waiting for it the whole time and then was perplexed that it was absent. 

• Love 11

I saw one comment on Lawson’s feed suggesting that maybe he could use those skills the next time he participates in a seditious revolt.  He must have missed that one. 😂  If you scroll down to the very end of the comments on the post where he is holding his certificate you will see them.

He was off hang gliding on a beach somewhere earlier this week.  He sure gets around- not sure exactly how many shifts he gets as a constable.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6

FB has over 2 billion users. I don't think this 24 hour boycott cost FB anything in "advertising fees". Did Jill post on IG during this time? I wonder if she knows Zuckerberg owns that too.

And I'm with you all and Timmy's footbath - eww.

• Love 4

Y'all, she didn't just wash his feet. She rubbed them. 

YMMV, but for me foot rubs seem pretty intimate. Certainly the only person I trade them with is my spouse. But you know...different strokes. (Sorry. I'll see myself out.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Jill should repost the creepy photo of the Rod boy massaging the neck and shoulders of Pastor Somebody, who had quite the satisfied look on his face. (I think he's the guy Jill grifted the dining room table from, but I'm not sure.)

Maybe massage therapy is part of the Rodrigues Family Home Academy curriculum, and Sophia was practicing her homework on Tim.

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder if she dried his feet iwth her hair as Mary did..... while Jill (Martha) served his meal...

Jill would have NEVER served his meal. She would have been fine with Timothy serving her a meal. It probably would have also been ok for one of  his sisters to serve his meal. 

• Love 5

The whole foot rub/shoulder rub scenario is creepy as hell but I have to wonder if those poor kids are all just starved for affection and this is how they try to express it.  I would wager that, much like the Duggars, real hugs are discouraged.

Poor little Sophia saw that her brother was having a rough day and this was the only thing she could think of to make him feel better because she couldn't just hug him.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The whole foot rub/shoulder rub scenario is creepy as hell but I have to wonder if those poor kids are all just starved for affection and this is how they try to express it.  I would wager that, much like the Duggars, real hugs are discouraged.

I can totally see that. I remember on the original 19K&C, the younger Duggars would fling themselves at anyone who came to the house. It creeped me out how they were so uninhibited with strangers because that can have such bad consequences in the real world. It wouldn't surprise me if the same dynamic is playing out with the Rodlets.

• Love 13

In RE: the EMR thing. What I fail to understand is, why do these people do the lesser profession/training/degree?  Why not go all the way and become an EMT?  Or an RN?  It’s like they have no desire to do anything all the way.  It reminds me of someone lobbing a wet dishrag towards home plate.  

• Love 15
16 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

In RE: the EMR thing. What I fail to understand is, why do these people do the lesser profession/training/degree?  Why not go all the way and become an EMT?  Or an RN?  It’s like they have no desire to do anything all the way.  It reminds me of someone lobbing a wet dishrag towards home plate.  

Because it would take a significant commitment of time and money?  Because with their limited educations, they'd have a hard time passing the test to become certified as an EMT?  Because EMT's probably have requirements like continuing education and actual on-the-job experience to maintain their certification?  Because they'd have to be licensed by the government to actually work as EMT's and we all know the government is evil and must be avoided?

These folks love to brag about their accomplishments, but, when you look at what it is they actually achieve, it really ain't much.  If you read the Red Cross' description of the course, it is meant for high school and college students who are interested in eventually training for EMT or other healthcare professions.  It isn't meant to be the end of the journey, just the start.

The Red Cross very pointedly states that EMR certification doesn't qualify anyone for a state license as a paramedic or other actual healthcare provider.

I took a Red Cross first aid course in college that was probably around 56 hours and I wasn't qualified for anything when I finished.  I do still have the card I received for passing it someplace in the attic, I think.

I really do think that many of these homeschooled fundies do not have the basic tools to succeed in a regular classroom.  They don't read well enough, they don't write well enough, they don't know how to study, they haven't developed the self discipline to see a course through.  

Look at Timbits latest post; that kid has TWO YEARS of college under his belt and his communication skills are still maybe at 4th grade level if we're being generous.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21

I wonder how long being an EMT will last for him.I can't imagine he likes getting up asap in the middle of the night.I recall we called 911 when my husb. had a bad asthma attack at 3 am.There were about 5 or so teens who showed up as well,I guess as part of their training.I thought, "They sure are diligent!" I don't see fundies being very diligent at all.Most didn't even have a reg.schedule growing up,and didn't have to be anywhere on time on a reg. basis.It makes for a terrible work ethic

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

They are undereducated to pass college level courses. No way no how can they become “real” nurses etc. 

• Love 5

He is not an EMT - does not have a job as such, so there will be no calls in the night. 

I believe this is part of furthering the delusion of JD and Nathan's Mediccorps - have some certified emergency responders, with the easiest and least amount of training possible, rather than a bunch of douche canoe guys flying around in daddy's planes with their badges and glocks.

sadly, it will still be a bunch of douche canoes flying in and bragging on their supposed accomplishments, while asking for donations.

• Love 11

I think a lot of the speculation on why they don't pursue more advanced qualifications is spot-on. I think another reason is that pursuing more advanced qualifications leads to jobs with more responsibility, and I don't think they want that. The way they do things now, they can dabble in whatever, but they have no responsibilities that would interfere with all the travel they do. They don't have inconvenient shifts they have to show up for or ungodly coworkers and bosses they have to deal with on a daily basis. 

• Love 17
18 hours ago, crazy8s said:

lb.jpg

Is this a real EMS or some ATI version?

• LOL 4
24 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

It’s baffling to me as well. Orthodox and fundamentalist followers of other patriarchal groups are proponents of higher education and the pursuit of high-paying occupations, albeit for males. These people really believe that after a sub-standard homeschool education, a teenage boy is not only prepared to immediately support a wife and infinite amount of offspring, but that he’ll also be able to create and sustain a comfortable lifestyle with a very limited set of agrarian skills in the 21st century. Exhibit A: David Rod. Who really needs his printing services right now? We’re in a pandemic. At my job, all the posters and flyers that my department had planned to print to promote programs were scrapped months ago. Everyone’s teleworking. I barely even get mail these days. Why would I use Timmy Rod’s Bible-Thumping Handyman and Jesus Services when there are dozens of licensed and certified handymen all over the Nextdoor app? I don’t know if the schools in the Rods’ area are remote, but if so, it would be wise to enroll the children so they could get a halfway decent education at least for a little while. 

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, louannems said:

Is this a real EMS or some ATI version?

He's holding some sort of certificate from the state of Tennessee, so if it is an ATI thing, they manage to meet some sort of standards.  However, he's not an EMS/EMT, he's an EMR which requires all of 56 hours of classwork to acquire and doesn't come close to qualifying him as an EMT or paramedic which usually takes around 6 months of full time training or more than 700 hours.

4 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

? I don’t know if the schools in the Rods’ area are remote, but if so, it would be wise to enroll the children so they could get a halfway decent education at least for a little while. 

If nothing else, the Rod kids would probably qualify for free lunches if they went to school.  They could use it,

• Love 18

I got a MFR (Medical First Responder) certification back in my 20s that seems like the rough equivalent while doing volunteer first aid with St John Ambulance. It took about 3 weekends and left me (technically) able to keep things from getting worse until the pros arrived. The course included things like how to splint a limb, put on a c-collar, take a pulse and blood pressure, fill out a rudimentary chart etc. The only drugs we were able to give were aspirin (but only for suspected heart attacks), and oxygen. There was an optional extra afternoon to be certified in the use of an automated defibrillator, which I thought was a little silly because the nice robot lady explained exactly what to do and wouldn't shock if all of 'her' instructions weren't followed. Most of the folks I trained with were trying to get a leg up on their applications to be paramedics or were in the armed forces 

All this to say that it's a nice thing to have accomplished, but not nearly as big a deal as he wants to pretend. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 17

I don't think Timothy even finished two full years of college.  He seemed to only do the fall semester of the missionary pilot training in Washington and then he was home before spring break and before the second school went remote.  I think both schools were far too much for him with the lack of education he's been dealt by his parents.  

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

He's holding some sort of certificate from the state of Tennessee, so if it is an ATI thing, they manage to meet some sort of standards.  However, he's not an EMS/EMT, he's an EMR which requires all of 56 hours of classwork to acquire and doesn't come close to qualifying him as an EMT or paramedic which usually takes around 6 months of full time training or more than 700 hours.

If nothing else, the Rod kids would probably qualify for free lunches if they went to school.  They could use it,

And Jill would accept anything for free,but she's bashed public school publicly already,so I doubt they'll ever even get to learn remotely

• Love 3

This reminds me when Dereck Dull ass said his wife Jill was more educated than everyone because she passed one religious college class.

Lawson is trying to show off that he accomplished absolutely nothing in the real world. Guess in fundy land he has a MD.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

The only news from that exercise was Jana had pants on. First time I could ever really tell. And yet I yawn.

Ha ha, the only thought I had was Jana looks cute in joggers. Everything else, whatever.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

It looks to be a job for somebody who helps those people. You need to be CPR-certified and know a bit of other health-related information, and pass basic cognitive and physical fitness/psycho-motor ability tests.

I notice that some organizations, including the Red Cross, specifically suggest this certification for schools/colleges (for students or teachers)-- so that they'd always have some people on campus with very basic knowledge of how to deal with a medical emergency before the actual emergency people showed up, presumably. Sort of like CPR-certification-plus or "glorified CPR-certified person." 

So in other words, the undoubtedly significant percentage of people here who are CPR-certified have had very nearly as much training as "Law" Bates has.  (and probably considerably more general knowledge and social skills....) 

Here's some stuff about it -- 

Emergency Medical Responders provide immediate lifesaving care to critical patients who access the emergency medical services system. EMRs have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide immediate lifesaving interventions while awaiting additional EMS resources to arrive. EMRs also provide assistance to higher-level personnel at the scene of emergencies and during transport. Emergency Medical Responders are a vital part of the comprehensive EMS response. Under medical oversight, Emergency Medical Responders perform basic interventions with minimal equipment.
[From the: National EMS Scope of Practice Model]

Individuals applying for Emergency Medical Responder certification must meet the following requirements:

Successful completion of a state-approved Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) course that meets or exceeds the National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards for the Emergency Medical Responder

Candidates must have completed the course within the past two years and the course Program Director must verify successful course completion on the National Registry website.

Have a current CPR-BLS for "Healthcare Provider" or equivalent credential.

Successful completion of the EMR cognitive (knowledge) examination and a state approved psychomotor (skills) examination.

Passed portions of the cognitive and psychomotor exam remain valid for 24 months. For candidates with a course completion date prior to November 1, 2018, passed portions of each examination are valid for 12 months. Provided all other entry requirements are met.

Some states integrate the EMR psychomotor exam into the EMR course. Candidates should contact their State EMS Office or course instructor for guidance on their local psychomotor exam requirements.

Notes

EMR candidates are not required to be 18 years of age or older

If the Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) completed an initial educational program more than two years ago, and the candidate is currently state licensed at the EMR level, the candidate must document successful completion of a state-approved EMR refresher course or 12 hours of equivalent continuing education topic hours within the past two years.

If the candidate is not currently state licensed as an EMR and it has been more than two years from the completion of an approved EMR course, the candidate must complete a new state-approved EMR course prior to applying for National Certification.

https://www.nremt.org/rwd/public/document/emr

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

He's holding some sort of certificate from the state of Tennessee, so if it is an ATI thing, they manage to meet some sort of standards. 

Lawson's post links Roane State, seems to be a community college,

from the course catalog

EMR 1000

Emergency Medical Responder Credits: 3

This is the initial course in pre-hospital emergency medical care. Student learning will focus on patient assessment, current American Heart Association CPR and Stroke guidelines, emergency care and movement of patients without causing injury. Successful completion of this course will allow the student to sit for licensure given by the National Registry of EMTs. (Prerequisite: 17 years old by course completion and ACT Reading Score 19 or higher). (2 hours lecture/ 2 hours lab per week) (Dual Credit Only).
Not part of a TN Transfer Pathway.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Maybe Lawson has realized that his singing “career” is not gonna happen. 

So he got qualified for a job that's mostly done on a volunteer basis. 

That sounds about right. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12